3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Dyson and Eureka on the same day?
This is awkward.

Anyone want to take bets on who will sell more?

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

Good day to focus on vacuums Woot. Taxes suck!

woncoolone

quality posts: 1153 Private Messages woncoolone

weister42

quality posts: 5 Private Messages weister42

I think Woot is telling us that our homes are dirty and needs to get cleaned.

Happy Wooter

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

The DC24!! This is by far the best vacuum I have ever used!

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I got one of these a few years back. My only complaints about it are that the cord is too short and the dust bin is too small. Other than that, it has been a great little vacuum.

It has needed to have the main motor replaced once, but Dyson told me where to drop it off locally and already had the work order sent to them before I could get there. The turn around time was 2 weeks, but it came back to me with all new filters and all cleaned up, looking almost new.

Edit: Mine's the uber-cool, limited edition Blueprint model.

palady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages palady

And QVC is selling an eletrolux of a similar style for 199.99. New and on easy pay, plus 30 day return policy.

capguncowboy

quality posts: 16 Private Messages capguncowboy

I have the limited version of this vacuum (bought from Woot in 2010). It's been a really solid purchase. I wasn't sold entirely on the Dyson scene until I tried it. I couldn't believe the filth that was living under my carpet before this thing came along.

If you're on the fence, just buy it. You won't regret it.

dskrentz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dskrentz

And to make it worse, Consumer Reports gives this model a 44 out of 100 -- third from the bottom in terms of upright bagless vacuum cleaners.

RckmRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RckmRobot

Normally, Dyson uses yellow to designate their all-purpose vacuum line, and purple to designate their "Animal" line for homes with pets.

Does that same designation hold true here? If so, the purple is a much better deal, as it retails for $50 more normally.

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

I can totally relate to the writeup.

My roommate bought a new Dyson 3 years ago this May. It has been sitting in our living room for almost 3 years all that time. People ask me if I was vacuuming. It has never been plugged in. It is in the way. I am not allowed to use it.

I got tired of vacuuming with my shop vac. The cat hair was really building up from the 4 of them. So I went out and got my own Dyson. I keep mine in the closet when I am not using it.

I will throw hers a birthday party in May!

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
CowboyDann wrote:Dyson and Eureka on the same day?
This is awkward.

Ha. Funny seeing as it states "No bag. No loss of suction. No awkward moves." on the Dyson homepage

y2chen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages y2chen
RckmRobot wrote:Normally, Dyson uses yellow to designate their all-purpose vacuum line, and purple to designate their "Animal" line for homes with pets.

Does that same designation hold true here? If so, the purple is a much better deal, as it retails for $50 more normally.

I'd actually like to know this as well, as most of the issues in my house are due to the dog hair buildup.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

The user's manual in English and Spanish...

http://www.productsmanual.com/get/dc24-animal-vacuum-instructions-manual

As thin as it is that's it.

Edit: even though the link says 'animal' the margin on the PDF says 'all floors' and I see no mention of the mini turbine head.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RckmRobot wrote:Normally, Dyson uses yellow to designate their all-purpose vacuum line, and purple to designate their "Animal" line for homes with pets.

y2chen wrote:I'd actually like to know this as well, as most of the issues in my house are due to the dog hair buildup.

The only difference between a DC24 Multi-Floor and the Animal is that the Animal comes with an extra attachment: Mini turbine head.

These do not ship with that special attachment (see photos for contents) so they are both being sold as Multi-Floor.

Hope that helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jeanettefleck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeanettefleck
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:I can totally relate to the writeup.

My roommate bought a new Dyson 3 years ago this May. It has been sitting in our living room for almost 3 years all that time. People ask me if I was vacuuming. It has never been plugged in. It is in the way. I am not allowed to use it.

I got tired of vacuuming with my shop vac. The cat hair was really building up from the 4 of them. So I went out and got my own Dyson. I keep mine in the closet when I am not using it.

I had to check and make sure you weren't my roomie, she knows I like using my Dyson and I don't want anybody messing it up ;)

This yellow Dyson was my first vacuum after moving out, and one of my first Woot! purchases. It has been great for the three dogs, two girls and one cat that all shed continuously in an apartment. Like a previous post said..if you're on the fence about it, just buy it. It is a fun little thing, only complaint as previously stated: cord length and small canister.

conculcate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conculcate

Does it come with the stairs?

RckmRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RckmRobot
ThunderThighs wrote:The only difference between a DC24 Multi-Floor and the Animal is that the Animal comes with an extra attachment: Mini turbine head.

These do not ship with that special attachment (see photos for contents) so they are both being sold as Multi-Floor.

Hope that helps.

That helps a ton. I hadn't realized just how similar the two models are!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:I can totally relate to the writeup.

Mine has been sitting in the middle of the floor for a week waiting for me to vacuum. I've promised myself I will do it tonight. We'll see how that goes.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

n44nc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages n44nc

My brother bought this on Woot back in November. I had a chance to use it last week and afterwards I couldn't wait for this to show up on Woot again. I knew it would and that I would only have to be patient. Who knew the Woot gods would smile down on me a week later. BTW, the canister on this thing is a little small, but the job that it does is well worth a little extra work. It does a great job on pet hair, which is exactly what I need. In!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

i have this, the mini ball dyson. bought new a few years ago from sears, on sale for $299
i <3 it! i do have to empty the dirt bin a lot, even after an initial pass with it before. the brush picks up chunks of cat hair from carpets easily. after brushing the cats, it gets all of the leftover fur presents. it's picked up a bunch of sawdust and small wood shavings. bigger shavings get caught in the hose though
it also gets drywall dust but turns the dirt bin and everything inside white
the brush can be taken out for cleaning (cutting out stuck human hair with scissors). the hose and handle can be used by hand without the brush but it's awkward. it also has 2 removable filters you'll need to periodically clean, they recommend every month with regular use. you run it under water and smack it to get anything out, let dry for 24 hours

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

fighterflight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fighterflight

Fwiw that doesn't necessarily mean they don't work well. The CR ratings system incorporates price points; so Dyson is never going to be at the top of the list. And I think they also deduct points from Dyson for selling their attachments separately (and expensively)… things like that.



inkadog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages inkadog

Bought one of these about 6 months ago and have not regretted it one bit. Does great on both carpet and tile. I have 3 kids, 3 cats and one dog so it sure gets used, too.

Best vacuum I ever owned, hands down.

managwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages managwa

I have had one for 6 years. Love and it works now as good as it did 6 years ago. Got this one for my daughter and it's $100. bucks cheaper then Dyson's refurbished. A good deal!

sparky1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparky1991

Right after I order a refurbished Dyson dc27 total clean vacuum, Woot has this deal. It already shipped, and I am stationed outside the States so a return would take a Long time. Sad day

tmangini21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmangini21

bought it last time around on woot for $50 more. good buy but being the cheapsake i am i wish i waited till now.

dohedo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dohedo

While I don't recommend it, we've vacuumed up bleached flour (about 2 pounds worth) and ash (a lot of it) with ours... I simply pulled out the cyclone and filters and washed them and (voilà!) it still cleans beautifully. Only difference is after having to clean up the ash a few months later, it is a little more noisy than it used to be (which is why I wouldn't recommend it). By the way, we've owned ours since this model first came out and we have an older model that we use upstairs. I bought the first Dyson originally because I was tired of paying $75-$100 for cheap vacuums that just broke or stopped sucking after a few months because of the kids. Seven years later, it still runs beautifully (DC07). It was the DC24 the sucked up the ash and flour, although I did suck up a different batch of flour with the DC07 and it still runs... (4 kids, 1 dog)

michoutdoors

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michoutdoors

Now, if we could only get this thing to pick-up big chunks of cat we would be in business.

w00tgurl wrote:i have this, the mini ball dyson. bought new a few years ago from sears, on sale for $299
i <3 it! i do have to empty the dirt bin a lot, even after an initial pass with it before. the brush picks up chunks of cat hair from carpets easily. after brushing the cats, it gets all of the leftover fur presents. it's picked up a bunch of sawdust and small wood shavings. bigger shavings get caught in the hose though
it also gets drywall dust but turns the dirt bin and everything inside white
the brush can be taken out for cleaning (cutting out stuck human hair with scissors). the hose and handle can be used by hand without the brush but it's awkward. it also has 2 removable filters you'll need to periodically clean, they recommend every month with regular use. you run it under water and smack it to get anything out, let dry for 24 hours

robmets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robmets

From Dysonreviews.com:
Since the only difference between the Dyson Ball DC24 and previous Dyson All Floors models is its size. The DC24’s biggest advantage is its size. Since it is smaller and lighter than any other Dyson model, it is perfect for apartment dwellers or those who live in smaller houses It is so much lighter than any of its predecessors.
The DC24 upright provides almost half the suction power of its bigger brother. This lack of true power is its biggest flaw.
Pet owners may want to steer clear of this model. Although previous All Floors models do quite well at picking up pet fur, the DC24’s lower sucking power may result in pet fur being left behind. Unless you own a hairless cat, or non-shedding dog, this is not the vacuum for you and your pet friendly home

katzland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katzland

WOOT WOOT... In for one! My first woot purchase! :D

My niece bought a purple animal for around $500; she LOVES it... I've been jealous... with 2 cats and people hair, this will be GREAT!!!

My niece works with a guy who bought a Dyson, and took it to his his mom's house (He was "trying" to convince her to buy one, too). In just the living room, it took 3 empties of the dirt container before all the dog hair was removed. Oh yeah... he grew up in the house--they NEVER had a dog!!! Now THAT'S a GREAT reason to buy a Dyson! :D

I can't wait to get mine! Thanks WOOT!

crimeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimeguy
jseureau wrote:The DC24!! This is by far the best vacuum I have ever used!

Oh no, I paid 400 for that vacuum at a store, "The Animal" man was a disappointment. Now I will tell you if you don't have carpet it's a very good vacuum but if you have carpet and any pets, run away.

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

How does this thing transition between carpet and hardwood floors?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

kellythompson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellythompson

If you own your place, and your floors, you might want to steer clear. Dysons will void many manufacturers warranties. Too aggressive of a beater bar and too much suction will cause the bundles to explode.

kirkcandan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kirkcandan

I have owned a DC24 for just over six months now. My house is all hardwood floors with large area rugs. The DC24 does a great job on both surfaces. The ball does scuff-up the hardwood at times, but no more than my daughter playing with her toys on it. The vacuums maneuverability really is terrific, it is very smooth.

Follow the directions and clean both filters monthly and keep the vacuum clean because it definitely performs better under those conditions. I did not clean the filter for a while and felt a decrease in suction, as soon as I cleaned both filters it worked great again.

I paid full-price for my DC24, which was more than $400, so this Woot! is a steal.

Syndil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Syndil
CowboyDann wrote:Dyson and Eureka on the same day?
This is awkward.

Dyson will, because they are the Apple of vacuums: Absolutely no one can touch them when it comes to marketing.

However YouTube is chock full of vacuum comparisons in which every other manufacturer's vacuum (including Eureka) is outperforming a Dyson. I just purchased a Pet Lover Plus over at home.woot myself.

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30

No more Two for Tuesday? Or is Woot's calendar all messed up since they offered two products on Monday.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

I picked up one of these the last time they were on Woot. Some thoughts:
- The ball makes it much more manuverable, which is a bigger plus that I thought. I currently live in a small apartment, and this makes vacuuming much easier.
- I disagree with the mentions that this can't pick up pet fur. It does a bang up job on my Himalayan's shedding.
- The cord is quite a bit shorter than other Dyson's I have used. This may be a problem for some.
- The smaller bin isn't so much of a problem, truth be told it should be emptied frequently anyway, this just makes you do it.

yurinaut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yurinaut

Mine (refurb from Woot) worked great while it worked for 6.5 months. Then the beater brush died. Called Dyson and out of warranty at 6 mos. It was something like $180. W/o the beater brush, it's basically a paper weight for us. Went back to the cheap Dirt Devil. At least it works.