outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

SOOOO Glad I got the Vizo Vtab. The screen is sharp and the darn thing is fast. OH and lets see , what did I pay here on woot for it ?
Ah yes $159.99 Will take it over a Dell POS any day.

julianowens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julianowens

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Never ever ever again will I buy Dell. I bought the streak when it first came out. Support in India. Never updated OS. Sent updates to UK and Japan and INdia before US ever go it. 16 months later Dell announces they are bailing out of the phone/tablet market. Could not understand anyone in India.

Never ever ever again! Read posted reviews online on Dell Streak 5 and how aweful it was!

Happyadam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Happyadam
hosesplus wrote:For reals? Do you mean the same dell steak 7" that is $199 at deals woot? I get to pay an extra $20 for the same thing? Awesome!!

Reading. It's fun(damental).

• ADS Hard Drive Case
  • Logitech Bluetooth Headphones
  • InFocus 76-inch Projector Screen
  • Logitech Bluetooth Headphones iPod
  • Logitech Music System Add on
  • Sandisk Memory Stick Pro
  • Logitech Play Link
  • ThermoHawk Infrared Thermometer
  • Sudoku Handheld-Touch Screen
  • Logitech Cordless Headset Xbox
  • iRobot Roomba Discovery
  • LeakFrog
  • Random Crap
  • Ridiculously Large Remote
  • Monkey Prize Wine Bundle
  • Bissell Barbie Vacuum
  • Sony PlayStation 3
  • Xmas06 Crap
  • and much more

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb

"AT&T has issues with the tablet, they want to put it on their $60 data plan. The network won't allow it to be on a tablet plan for some reason."

If you TELL you have a tablet, AT&T will have an issue. If you have any type of data plan your SIM will work.

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb
mavigdor wrote:anyone knows if it works with an international sim card for the 3G data??? ( for example, i travel a lot to Brazil other countries, and I have local SIM CARDS on those countries...I wish to know if I can isert a local SIM CARD to obtain the 3G service data....

if it was form AT&T, i was sure it was ok (iPad teste already)..but from T-Mobile...I don't know.....

thanks!

You must get an unlock code from Dell Support. Once ulocked, the Streak will work with any data enabled GSM SIM. It will not work with CDMA.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey check it out:

$179.99

That's a price drop, again!

Also, another drop on Sellout which I did not mention earlier, my mistake:
It's now $139.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ften

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ften

Awesome Woot! Still not buying it, but good job dropping the price.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Way To Go with the extra price drops, Woot!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Just put these in the next Bandolier, then the crap winners can sell them for $20 on ebay.

MrFSU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrFSU

I got one shortly after it launched (4G version). Never have I had a bigger piece of crap electronic device.

The screen angles are terrible, the battery life is pathetic and the software updates from Dell are non-existent. It's as if they released it and discontinued it in one stroke.

If you've used a Galaxy or any flavor iPad, you will hate using this. It has sat on my desk for over a year now.

I see there are some links for Ice Cream Sandwich. I might install that and see how it fares because with the default 2.something, it stinks!

Oh and by the way I got it from Dell at the time for next to nothing because of some credits and some gift cards I had gotten. Otherwise, I wouldn't even pay $99 for this. Steer clear of this and get a Kindle Fire or Nook Color.

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed

A NEW Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB)that blows this tablet away in every way sells for about $200.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
inkycatz wrote:Hey check it out:

$179.99

That's a price drop, again!

Wow you guys are really trying to get rid of these things, aren't you? We're getting closer to HP Touchpad firesale prices now.

There must be a TON of them.

buffaloed wrote:A NEW Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB)that blows this tablet away in every way sells for about $200.

Maybe so, but not with 3G. I'm not sure there's a 3G/4G tablet anywhere in the market for the price close to this one.

ssjgohon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjgohon

Not bad, but for me these would have to be closer to the 99$ range, 180 for a dead and referb item is a bit to much.

I'd bet they would fly off the shelves @ 99 but i wont give up hope :3

gargin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gargin

I own one of these. Dell GAVE me one as I was testing them out to see if my school wanted to go all iPads or all Android devices. This is actually one of the most restrictive, and least useful Android devices out there (And I am an Andorid fan, actually kind of hate Apple products.) I would say if it were $100 buy it, anything more and it isn't worth it. Samsung Galaxy is what you really want.

miranto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miranto

This review is awfully old. I have a streak I bought from Dell a few weeks ago and it does not have anything to do with the review.

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0

I use this tablet every day and I love it. Battery lasts about 3 to 4 hours, so definitely buy the longer charge cable Off Amazon. The included cable is too short to use the tablet whilst plugged in. And its upgraded to honeycomb.

Stash at CT

jwlynn64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwlynn64

This is probably the worst tablet ever made. I purchased one in August and I have had to send it in 5 times for repair. There is something designed poorly in the charging port and when you plug in the charging cord, it thinks that you are hooking it up to the docking station and it will not charge.

Dell will not refund my money or replace the table with a newer version. My experience with Dell has been the absolute worst. I will never buy another Dell product and I advice you to not buy one as well.

I want to say that I love Woot but I have to advice that you do not buy this product unless it is less than $100 dollars because it might work a year but it might fail immediately out of the box. Sorry Woot, I have to tell the truth about this.

willibuyher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willibuyher

I dumped Verizon and Sprint months ago, and have had excellent luck with T-Mobile.

ssjgohon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjgohon

Some more info on the streak, including recoveries stock/custom roms etc http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1395967

hoodred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodred

Dell Streak 7 known for Read Only problems.
I have two that end up with read only ie..
- battery drain (Out of power when you are still using it)
- SD card removal when it still writing

And the battery life is so poor only last less than 4 hours.
GPS drain battery a LOT, when GPS on the battery only last 2 hour or less.

here is the link that explain the problem.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1290097

The only way to repair it by sending it to dell.
It took me 6 weeks to get it back.

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228
gak0090 wrote:Finally the price for the WIFI tablet is $149. This is an appropriate price for this tablet- so I bought one. This is the first time I ever saw Woot do price adjustments during the sale. Is this something new?

It's not new at all. The other day, that glowing helicopter deal on Kids.Woot also had a price drop.

Well, even with the new price...I'd still rather go with the Kindle Fire. And let's compare apple-to-apple (refurb-to-refurb). The Kindle Fire Refurbed officially by Amazon is $169... And we all know if we put Amazon's customer service versus Dell, who would win...

dirtybudha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtybudha

No, I have one without the sim card in and it works fin over the WIFI.

--
Dirty Budha
"The back seat of a car is not a date."

dirtybudha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtybudha

I have one I got on ebay, the T-Mobile 4G version. You don't need a SIM card, it works over WIFI fine.

- You DO need an SD card, or adapter as it doesn't take an mico-SD like the phones.
- The screen quality isn't fantastic, and it is from a couple years ago. It displays fine though.
- NO ICE CREAM SANDWICH, as it only has 512M RAM. Also there is no official upgrade to Honeycomb for the T-Mobile model either.
- Has some weight, but it doesn't bother me.
- The camera is TERRIBLE!! The flash isn't good either.

I'm happy with mine, though it's not a first choice. I just use it to read books, check the internet and emails, and maybe view some pics. Could also video chat, just haven't gotten there.

--
Dirty Budha
"The back seat of a car is not a date."

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt
clanecks wrote:Terrible deal. Dell had been trying to get rid of their old stock of these tablets for a long time now. As other users have mentioned, it has atrocious screen quality. To put in perspective, newer cell phones with 4 inch screens pack more pixels (higher resolution) than this tablet. Here are some reviews from reputable sites :

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/dell-streak-7/4505-3126_7-34468625.html
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/31/dell-streak-7-review/
http://www.slashgear.com/dell-streak-7-review-31129564/
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/02/dell-streak-7-review/
http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/31/review-dell-streak-7/

In summary, the best thing about this tablet is flash-enabled camera, Tegra 2 processor, and storage.

Almost all reviews found screen quality and sensitivity to be lacking. Considering how important screen is to the quintessential tablet experience, be very careful about this issue.

And for the user who is a bit confused about ICS, it is designed to be a universal OS a la iOS. While technically it is true that HC is specifically designed for tablet, and that ICS is for both, ICS is still a superior OS for both tablets and phones.

Lastly, Dell will no longer provide updates for Streak products.

The Engadget review surprisingly reported the processor was downclocked to 800MHz but other folks seem to still report a battery short life issue before it needs to be recharged.

Engadget quote:

"Oddly, the device indicates that the processor is downclocked to about 800MHz, and Dell tells us that it downclocks to conserve power."

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
lll0228 wrote:It's not new at all. The other day, that glowing helicopter deal on Kids.Woot also had a price drop.

Well, even with the new price...I'd still rather go with the Kindle Fire. And let's compare apple-to-apple (refurb-to-refurb). The Kindle Fire Refurbed officially by Amazon is $169... And we all know if we put Amazon's customer service versus Dell, who would win...

I couldn't have said it better myself. The savings off the Dell Streak cannot compare to the grief you would have to go through for Dell Customer support in case you need any assistance. My experience with Amazon is 1000 times better than Dell. Woot's Customer service is aces in my book as well.

I saw the price drop here on Woot and Sellout.woot, and these things could drop to 100 bucks each, and they would still not be a worth it.

I have a Kindle Fire, and I love it. I got it for $139 when Amazon had it for their Goldbox Deal of the day.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
novastarj wrote:A TON

I have no idea really, I just report the good news as I get it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I'm noticing that there a Lot of 7" tablets out there right now...as low as $100 (at Big Lots!) so I think there are some Changes Coming Soon, if the market is being flooded with so many cheapies.

Still....I do like my Samsung Galaxy Tab 5" that I got Here last Sept!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Just bought the 1st gen iPad 16gb WiFi for $211 with tax and delivery from Best Buy,used but with all accessories and looks almost new.

ayemossum

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ayemossum
leithmaria wrote:I have had 0 issues with T-Mobile! In fact, they've been a dream.
.... they've been incredibly helpful
.... Verizon .... I'd take T-Mobile over their crap any day (but I do think a lot of it is about where you're living/what you can afford).

I agree complete. T-Mobile has been fantastic for me. I switched FROM Verizon and have absolutely ZERO desire to go back. As for this tab? .... I'll wait for the Nexus or MeMo (whichever happens to release).

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

I mentioned this on Sellout's deals.woot entry, but I'll mention it here too.
For those concerned about battery life, because this unit charges off USB you can use a USB battery extender to boost your battery life by the order of an hour, at least. (2.78Ah internal + 1.8Ah booster avg. = 4.58Ah total)
Woot occasionally sells the things. Go forth, be merry, and have the POWER!

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

mareoj44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mareoj44
aaronshall wrote:Are you required to get a T Mobile account to purchase?

I have the same question anyone can help?

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
lll0228 wrote:It's not new at all. The other day, that glowing helicopter deal on Kids.Woot also had a price drop.

I ended up getting Acer iconia on 1saleaday for 179 http://1saleaday.com/. It's $10 more than a kindle , but is already configured as a tablet and has cameras and honeycomb loaded. The 1024 x 600 resolution is the same as the Kindle.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mareoj44 wrote:I have the same question anyone can help?

T-Mobile service is NOT required to run this tablet. It can still access WiFi-capabilities. If you have T-Mobile service, this tablet can utilize their 3G/4G services.

Hope this helped you out!

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
mareoj44 wrote:I have the same question anyone can help?

ROGETRAY wrote:T-Mobile service is NOT required to run this tablet. It can still access WiFi-capabilities. If you have T-Mobile service, this tablet can utilize their 3G/4G services.

Hope this helped you out!

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

BUT be aware that a version of this tablet without 3G (Wifi-only) is currently also for sale by Woot at a cheaper price. If you never want to use 3G that's probably a better option.

ohneauxs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohneauxs

I've had a Streak 5 for almost a year and a half, no major issues. And my battery life has also been decent. It was a nice substitute for high speed gymnastics in crowded airplanes so I could watch part of a movie on a 2 hour flight - laptops can be a pain if you don't plan on keeping them out for a decent period of time.

As long as you don't actually have to deal with Dell, it's not bad. I got mine for $99 when it was time to extend my contract. I'll probably be switching carriers/phones once this year runs out, but all in all it's still a nifty gizmo. And more durable than my Kindle, too.

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks

FYI, for those that care about T-Mobile's "4G" service, Time Magazine published a speed test conducted by PC World for major wireless service providers yesterday, link below:

http://techland.time.com/2012/04/18/report-the-fastest-4g-and-3g-wireless-networks-in-america/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/253808/3g_and_4g_wireless_speed_showdown_which_networks_are_fastest.html

To summarize, T-Mobile came in third in "4G" but first in 3G. 4G is in parenthesis because T-Mobile's 4G is not true 4G, but enhanced 3G.

I am not responsible for this post.

palmbeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmbeach
jackmcdowell wrote:

Just an FYI, I thought I could pop my Tmobile sim in it and use my phone's data plan but that is not the case, you need to use a sim that is activated for tablets on Tmobile.

Thank you for saving me from a $185 experiment gone wrong. I wanted to use this with my $30/mo 5gb T-mobile sim card and be able to use the hotspot capability of the Dell. Should have realized that would be too good to be true.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

In my 3 or so year history with Woot, I don't think I've ever seen so many negative comments about a product; this thing must really suck.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

DealSeekerDude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DealSeekerDude

Has Woot! ever dropped prices before on an item during it's 1-day offering? Odd!

barbarajean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbarajean

I own one of these. It's dreadful. It was constantly locking up. Sometimes when I would get it to turn back on it would have lost some of my accounts and I would have to put the info back in again. For things like email, Twitter and Facebook it was annoying but not really a big deal. For the Kindle app it was extremely frustrating because I would have to redownload books.

I broke down and bought an Apple refurb iPad and love it. I so wish I hadn't wasted $250 on this thing which hasn't been touched since a week or so after buying the iPad.

Oh, and the camera on it stinks!