0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Bluetooth Headphones
$24.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

I was just looking at buying one of these, but I don't prefer those in-ear bud types..

lkuhn12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lkuhn12

Looks like some space age headphones! Cool but not for me.

stephenjacobhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenjacobhall

Worth getting at this price?

salwei

quality posts: 3 Private Messages salwei

I have a pair of these, they work great for running and working out. They stay in your ear well, not so good however for making calls.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

gorfus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorfus

Will it work with my Mac?

dkalthoff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dkalthoff

I have a similar pair by Motorola. Before anyone asks, this is most likely not compatible with your Mac. There's a recurring Bluetooth audio issue in Lion, but you shouldn't have any problems using it with Snow Leopard, any later model iPod touch, iPhone or Android device.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Yikes, I feel behind the times. In my head this is space age technology that should be at least a hundred dollars.

edit: whoah hive mind.

lkuhn12 wrote:Looks like some space age headphones! Cool but not for me.

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

I hope these have good reviews because I want a pair! Please post the good news!

MissouriMomma

darthguapo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthguapo

Refurbished, as in used!?!

dboghosian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dboghosian

i've had these. bought them from radio shack. and returned them in 2 days. they are way too heavy. all the weight is in the back and it feels like it will pull your ears off. and the bluetooth for voice is terrible. lots of static and background noise. its not noise canceling.

phludens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phludens

I have owned a pair of these, but got rid of them because they hurt my ears. They seem to pinch with my glasses on, not bad without my glasses. Ended up getting LG Tone Bluetooth Headset.

jessiedrivera

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jessiedrivera

Bought a pair previously...love em. No issues whatsoever except that the buds come off easily. Great price too....

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

There were a lot of video reviews, this one had the most views so I am going to say it's the best.

The quality [of the reviews] is definitely better than a few of the other ones I found before this.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

Decent price..$89.99 on the motorola site. http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Bluetooth-Headsets/Motorola-S10-HD-US-EN

ericlala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericlala

could refurbished mean someone had it in their ear before?

pglee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pglee

I have had a pair of these for a couple years and they're absolutely wonderful. I can easily ride the bus with them for a couple hours, wear them at work, and walk around an few days without having to charge them. They're also great for hat wearers, since they go around the neck. In addition to this, the Bluetooth range is pretty amazing. The specs say 33ft and I've easily gone 50ft in on an open floor (think warehouse). I'd highly recommend these for anyone looking for a pair of wireless headphones.

SlimeDog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlimeDog

These are not "sweat-proof"... I've had 2 of them and both times the sweat started to weaken the adhesive that holds the white covers over the electronics. The result? Once side or the other cutting out, buttons not functioning... total failure. This is probably where the refirbs come from.

Bottom line: don't buy these if you're going to be sweating while using them.

Your signature is lāme. Yes, you.

labgrant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages labgrant

I own a pair of the previous model. These headphones are great for running and the gym.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

In my experience Bluetooth headsets sound turrible! Are headphones a different story? Anyone own these 'phones?

wootnewy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnewy

LOVE my S9 headphones and have bought a couple pairs for my friends. I'm in for 3 pair!!!!!

mmegan33

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mmegan33

Is there any way to use these with a computer? I do a lot of transcription at work, it'd be nice not to be on a headphone tether!

madcow19

quality posts: 10 Private Messages madcow19

My friend really liked his, but they squeezed my big, fat head too much. I've read that they're not too durable, especially if you use them in environments like the gym. Good price though...

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

anyone have a picture? How do these look on someone's head?

Justinbart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Justinbart

I have the S9 and love them. Very comfortable to wear for hours if you won't want to be tied down with a cord.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

$53.99 on Newegg.

labgrant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages labgrant

These look way smarter than the standard over-the-ear models.

tamezd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tamezd

Jaybirds. Get the Jaybirds. Sure, they cost more, but with a lifetime warranty against sweat, they are the best for running.

We're all suckers. Some of us just haven't been born yet.

snitily

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snitily

I had pair of SD-9s. They worked three times and then the power button stopped working to turn them on. They lit up when charging, but no way to turn them on, and so...garbage. Also they hurt the tops of my ears after 30 minutes or so. They are not adjustable for fit so no way to adjust for comfort. I would not buy another set for sure. Sure tempting premise though.

vrwl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vrwl

Bought these a few years ago and promptly returned them. If you have small ear holes, they don't fit well at all. Then couple that with the problem of not fitting right if you wear glasses and you've got yourself a disaster. I really wanted them to work well for me but it was not meant to be.

herrojima

quality posts: 3 Private Messages herrojima

OKAY FOLKS, I have a pair of these, well these type/similar. Lemme give you some RUN DOOOOOWN.

Okay so, first of all, these appear to be the Gen2, so that's a good start. The Gen1s apparently broke down a lot, the Gen2s are fairly solid in lifespan. Had mine since Christmas, still going strong.

Okay actually using them. The sound is pretty good for quality and volume, however if they don't fit in your ear for the most part, then they won't be that loud, if you like it loud, or you're in a loud environment. A minor issue, I'm making it sound worse than it is.

The biggest issue with these. So they are made for sport use, so they have a fairly tight fit. Like, a really tight fit. If you have a medium to large size head, and glasses like me, you'll have some discomfort after about an hour or two of use. You'll want to stretch them out somehow for a week or so.

Range and battery. AMAZING. simply amazing. I've never had it just die out of power without giving it a reasonable charging practice. Plug it in after some use to my computer, and it's been good to go when I needed it. Although it does not have a batter monitor to it. The range, I've used it easily across my house without it cutting out.

The phone portion. The mic on mine is terrible. Because it picks up starting out at your ear, it has to pick up a LOT of area, and the quality is lackluster, but it can get the job down. The slightest amount of wind though wreaks havoc with people hearing you.

Anyway. I paid WAY more for mine, and I think it was worth what I paid. This is a GREAT price, and if you're looking for some headphones for your phone/ipod/etc when you're on the run, or your computer/laptop (if you have a bluetooth system in it), these are a pretty solid option to consider vs other wireless headsets.

so many woots so little time ( or money depends on how you look at things ~_^)

lawsafizzix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lawsafizzix

"Behind-the-head design eliminates tangles and provides a light, comfortable fit."

... it's a wireless headset. What are you getting tangled?

herrojima

quality posts: 3 Private Messages herrojima
mmegan33 wrote:Is there any way to use these with a computer? I do a lot of transcription at work, it'd be nice not to be on a headphone tether!

If you have a Bluetooth dongle that can work with any generic bluetooth device, or an internal bluetooth adapter, then yes.

so many woots so little time ( or money depends on how you look at things ~_^)

nforcer06164

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nforcer06164

I got the original S9 in a sweepstakes from Motorola when the good ol' RAZR2 was new... they're fantastic. Why, they're right next to me right now, charging up for when I go on my next run, five years strong now. If the original is that solid, I can't pass these up.

In for two.

adamiam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamiam

These will be great for watching TV at night without waking the wife.

ericlala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericlala

i've seen someone jogging with those... looks kinda geeky

mdwyerfoo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

Note that these, like most other bloooootooth headsets, aren't supported by Windows. Your manufacturer might have provided an alternate bluetooth stack that does support them, but the Microsoft-provided stack is pretty worthless for headsets. So you can't necessarily use these for Skype or listening at your desk.

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek

I bet those 5 cent plastic pieces on the Bluetooth units are are tossed and replaced when the units are refurbed. If you are that concerned, I suggest that you use a paper towel and some rubbing alcohol on them. If that's unacceptable buy them new and at full price.

Sanitary trolls annoy me