sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
lf4tune wrote:THANK YOU .... I needed that!

no problem...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
dracodrago wrote:Hey random question, does only the woot.com do the bag or does like kids.woot home.woot wine.woot do things like it?

I've never seen it anywhere but here. However, I haven't been here that long.

Hmmm, a bag from wine.woot would be lovely. Maybe a Bottle of Chardonnay or a Basket of Cheeses.

sainttess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sainttess

CRAP!! I only left long enough to take the dog to the groomers, and I missed the coveted Bushel of Cooties. Please, please, Woot gods, please don't let this be the last of the Cooties...

Bah, I probably wouldn't have snagged one, anyway, I've yet to get lucky in that regard.

Ruger9mm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm
dracodrago wrote:Hey random question, does only the woot.com do the bag or does like kids.woot home.woot wine.woot do things like it?

I've seen Moofi.woot do one once other than that it has always been on the main Woot page.

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar
Ruger9mm wrote:I've seen Moofi.woot do one once other than that it has always been on the main Woot page.

Wine.woot had wine bags with question marks on them a while back. I think it was a set of 25 or something.

insightpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insightpatch
Ruger9mm wrote:I've seen Moofi.woot do one once other than that it has always been on the main Woot page.

Also: Happy Hour when that was a thing.

scorpshockey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scorpshockey
insightpatch wrote:Also: Happy Hour when that was a thing.

It's definitely time to bring Happy Hour back!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
kelserzz wrote:Can the Bunnies Ogling Carrots pop up under any category during the woot-off?

Yeah, but it's up to the woot guys. It has shown up in woot Happy Hour and in moofi.woot before, so why not Home or Kids? It's pretty much the will of the Woot demigods.

They like to mix it up to ease the load on their servers and tick off as few people as possible. Who knows what they will do next time?

GulfCoastGirl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GulfCoastGirl

As usual.... no crap for me

Holysin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Holysin
sellbuyer92 wrote:still think they might pop one up after this...unless I'm just crazy...

suspect a bit from column a, and a bit from B ;) only 1k have been sold, they usually do what 1500- 2k so should be another 1-2 more 500 bursts. we'll see if that's the case.

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
sheetz wrote:Also my second in a row, but you have me beat by one, this is my 19th. My wife's 8 bags bring the household count to 27 though. I think we have a problem.

I really need to go through the big box of crap that I have and sell some stuff so I don't feel so bad about this.

Please dont take this the wrong way but "you suck" I'm 0 forever. never get past servers.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

I don't appreciate having the carrot dangled in front of me, just to realize that it was made out of wax when I bit it. That was weapons grade bolognium.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael

I can't believe it.... After such a craptacular start to the day (posted a rant earlier about my computer exploding) I booted up an old slow netbook to make an effort and have some connection to the outside world. When it finally booted and all the updates installed (and rebooted twice) I hopped on woot to see a bag staring at me... And the order went through!. Praise be to the woot gods!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
PemberDucky wrote:you rang?

Is that...a panda with chainsaw arms?

crowbite

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crowbite

Ya know, I've been wooting for several years now. I've never won a Bunnies Ogling Carrots

And at this point, I don't even care. I don't even watch for them. Because WOOT isn't WOOT any more. The magic is gone.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
highwyre237 wrote:Same here, maybe its the browser, I'm at work stuck with ie8

Ditto, but I got it with both Chrome and with IE9 at the same time. :-(

insightpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insightpatch

Almost entirely off-subject, but I found this to be mildly amusing. Please note that the famed "Bandolier of Carrots" appears in this line-up.

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

Here's my crappy wish list:
Pyle Waterproof Digital Video Recorder
iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall
Buckyballs - 2 Pack
Canvas bag

That would be awesome.

...but I'll probably get two different women's t-shirts of sizes way too small & a one-sided manual breast pump, but that's okay, too, because Woot! is awesome like that.

Love,
wollern.

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz
kat8480 wrote:Please dont take this the wrong way but "you suck" I'm 0 forever. never get past servers.

Your day will come. It took me a few years to get my first Woot-off bag.

It seems like the servers are handling things a little better this time around, at least from what I have seen, so keep your eyes open, there should be a few more offerings during this Woot-off.

I think ColonelCrap has brought some much needed life back in to the Bunnies Ogling Carrots I am looking forward to what my rations are this time!

Good luck to those that are still hunting and congratulations to those who got in this time.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
jennyland wrote:I have done something that pleases the Woot!Gods, because I have had unbelievable success in acquiring Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s lately! Thank you, powers that be! You just made the end of this month awesome!

Oh, and thank you for making Administrative Professionals Day especially wonderful for this administrative professional!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
sheetz wrote:Also my second in a row, but you have me beat by one, this is my 19th. My wife's 8 bags bring the household count to 27 though. I think we have a problem.

I really need to go through the big box of crap that I have and sell some stuff so I don't feel so bad about this.

Our household total is 25. I think that my wife's total cost is also around zero, after donating several items to a charity auction for a tax write off.

I suspect that if you look through, you can find stuff in your stash o' crap that others might want. Post it here, perhaps. Last time around I got half of a two part item. Fortunately, the Wooter with the other half had posted here, and we worked out a deal.

wollern

jennyland wrote:Oh, and thank you for making Administrative Professionals Day especially wonderful for this administrative professional!

Happy Holidays.

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

Scooooore.......Number 22

Thank you Woot god's for blessing me yet again.

Fingers crossed that this one will have the letter.

In the voice of Roger Rabbit. "P-p-p-please!"

Yours in wooting,

The F5 king.

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

1) I've always bought with Paypal and never had a problem (this will be my 10th).

2) I've never seen the Bunnies Ogling Carrots on kids, wine, shirt or home sites. Yes to Happy Hour, but forewarned on Twitter and Happy Hour is no more.

3) If you've already landed a Bunnies Ogling Carrots during this wootoff, you will not be able to purchase another under the same username. It's all considered the same Bunnies Ogling Carrots even though it's been split up into multiple offerings.

4) So far they've offered it 3 times during this wootoff: ONE at around 2:45am EST when the wootoff started. 500 yesterday around 4pm EST and another 500 just an hour or two ago for a total of 1001 so far. Since they usually allow for around 2500, they may put up another 500 again tonight...another 1000 tonight... or maybe this will be a 3-day wootoff and we'll have another chance tomorrow.

5) The server problems seem to have been fixed. The process seems to go much more smoothly now with fewer timeouts and server crashes. You just have to be paying attention and quick to click.

6) Hint: Even without weird apps and trackers, the woot twitter feed usually updates faster than the actual woot site, so if you keep an eye on twitter, you should know when it's coming and be prepared to click.

Good luck.

-- Marcee

Please consider voting for my shirts:

cdebish

dracodrago wrote:Wish I would have known this prior to this one or I would have put on my debit card sooner.

I always use papal and have scored 22 Bags to date.

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

cdebish

marceepauff wrote:1) I've always bought with Paypal and never had a problem (this will be my 10th).

2) I've never seen the Bunnies Ogling Carrots on kids, wine, shirt or home sites. Yes to Happy Hour, but forewarned on Twitter and Happy Hour is no more.

3) If you've already landed a Bunnies Ogling Carrots during this wootoff, you will not be able to purchase another under the same username. It's all considered the same Bunnies Ogling Carrots even though it's been split up into multiple offerings.

4) So far they've offered it 3 times during this wootoff (ONE at around 2:45am EST when the wootoff started. 500 yesterday around 4pm EST and another 500 just an hour or two ago for a total of 1001 so far. Since they usually allow for around 2500, they may put up another 500 again tonight...another 1000 tonight... or maybe this will be a 3-day wootoff and we'll have another chance tomorrow.

5) The server problems seem to have been fixed. The process seems to go much more smoothly now with fewer timeouts and server crashes. You just have to be paying attention and quick to click.

6) Hint: Even without weird apps and trackers, the woot twitter feed usually updates faster than the actual woot site, so if you keep an eye on twitter, you should know when it's coming and be prepared to click.

Good luck.

-- Marcee

Well Said!

FrostByte

quality posts: 11 Private Messages FrostByte
marceepauff wrote:...

Good luck.

-- Marcee

I like to use Twitter more for the "last call" tweets on the long-lasting items which gives you an idea that you might want to get back in front of the screen if you've wandered away.

I agree that the purchase process was much easier this time than the last few times that I tried and failed.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

drgandalf

marceepauff wrote:2) I've never seen the Bunnies Ogling Carrots on kids, wine, shirt or home sites. Yes to Happy Hour, but forewarned on Twitter and Happy Hour is no more.

Is it official that Happy Hour is gone forever? The page is still there, but its been about 18 months since they have used it.

The Happy Hour page would automatically refresh when a new item came up. I was hoping they would make that the norm on the regular Woot pages.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

If anyone is upset that they didn't get one you can always just send me your money and I'll find some random crap around my house and mail it to you. It might even end up being from one of the few bags that I got.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
drgandalf wrote:Is it official that Happy Hour is gone forever? The page is still there, but its been about 18 months since they have used it.

The Happy Hour page would automatically refresh when a new item came up. I was hoping they would make that the norm on the regular Woot pages.

The woot Goddess of Social Media said that they didn't receive the response they wanted for the Happy Hour - so as of now, it's dead. But with woot, who knows?

Please consider voting for my shirts:

drbdfitch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drbdfitch

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: ssiemonsma
Speed to first woot: 0m 8.620s
Last wooter to woot: drbdfitch
Last purchase time: 11:52:39 AM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 2.449s
Woot wage: $132.17
Woots sold: 1001

Wahoo! ---- number 1001

But notice it doesnt say "sell out"... maybe more to come?!

monster2333

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monster2333
dcigary wrote:I personally think they purposely don't process PayPal transactions during Bunnies Ogling Carrots offerings. Same thing happened to me last Woot-Off as well....

I've collected 5 bags (including 1 yesterday) and have used PayPal every time without a problem.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

Was able to score one today! Kept on refreshing the page because it seemed weird that it came up sold out.
Perfect timing - its my 35th birthday tomorrow! Thank you WOOT!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to me!

drgandalf

marceepauff wrote:The woot Goddess of Social Media said that they didn't receive the response they wanted for the Happy Hour - so as of now, it's dead. But with woot, who knows?

I wonder what response they wanted.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot
alanhwoot,

Thank you for your purchase.

Your order number 37xxxxxxx for 1 Barrel of Crops has been received by Woot on 4/25/2012 and your credit card has been charged $8.00.
Your order will typically ship within 5 business days. To check your order status, go to the Your Account tab at www.woot.com, log in and check your order history.

Woo hoo, my second Bunnies Ogling Carrots . I kept refreshing the sold out page and then got the "I Want One" button. I do suspect that this is to frustrate the bots which try to open the page immediately.

k9sar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar
SPFiredrake wrote:They tricked wootalyzer and any other bot services by sending out 501/501 sold already in the feed, so they all show sold out. However, going onto the site manually shows up, meaning they've made it possible for the average person to get one now. In for 3!

Well played woot, and much appreciated :D

agreed! Nicely played

Matt17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt17

Woot! My first Barrel of Crops!!!

I win!

wollern

drbdfitch wrote:Wahoo! ---- number 1001

But notice it doesnt say "sell out"... maybe more to come?!

Congratulations & good point on the "sell out" remark.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Son of a...I missed it again.

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

Simmp5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

Original Poster LEM-

"Ah, top of the new page! Nice! Taking this opportunity to re-post the primer for those who don't like flipping a couple of pages back:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.5.3)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.2 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.3 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by threepiecewoot or on rare occasion another staff member, stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye on other staff members posts announcing possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.4 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if threepiecewoot said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed the first sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!"

LEM- Thank you once again for such a wonderful write up on how to track our c r a p