Chris9450

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Chris9450
ssiemonsma wrote:YESSSS!!!! I'm soooooo lucky! I hope it's something awesome! Thanks Woot!!!!

I promise I'll actually post a picture of what I get in it when it arrives. I've been too lazy to do that with my last two Bags of Crap, but with this one I obliged to do so since there was only one!

Btw, Woot, I've loved the quality and variety in the recent Bags of Crap! In my very first Barrel of Crops (January) I got one of those Roku devices, and it's now my favorite part of my entertainment center. And in the Barrel of Crops from last month I got and awesome set of hiking bags and various other items I actually had a use for.

Thanks! The anticipation should keep my spirits up when finals week nears.

You've no idea how much you're hated right now, do you? lol.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
ssiemonsma wrote:YESSSS!!!! I'm soooooo lucky! I hope it's something awesome! Thanks Woot!!!!

I promise I'll actually post a picture of what I get in it when it arrives. I've been too lazy to do that with my last two Bags of Crap, but with this one I obliged to do so since there was only one!

Btw, Woot, I've loved the quality and variety in the recent Bags of Crap! In my very first Barrel of Crops (January) I got one of those Roku devices, and it's now my favorite part of my entertainment center. And in the Barrel of Crops from last month I got and awesome set of hiking bags and various other items I actually had a use for.

Awesome and congrats, you lucky SOB!

netgroup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netgroup
everwondering wrote:Well, this certainly ruins my sleeping plans for the night.

michaelrolland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelrolland

The app buzzed on my tablet, I turned to the laptop figuring the greater firepower would give me a better chance, and poof, GONE! I guess if there was only one I can't feel bad. Whatever comes in that Bunnies Ogling Carrots had better be as rocket-propelled as its lucky Iowan purchaser's clicking finger (/awkward metaphor).

silo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silo11

congrats to some dude in Iowa.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Someone's been watching Highlander again.

marchingleatherneck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marchingleatherneck

Oops, someone jumped the gun on that one

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma
Chris9450 wrote:You've no idea how much you're hated right now, do you? lol.

I would assume that this Barrel of Crops was just Woot testing their servers and whatnot. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a run-of-the-mill Barrel of Crops if that soothes anyone's jealousy. I'm guessing they'll end up having another Barrel of Crops later in the day (unless they really don't have much stuff lying around the warehouse or something).

stabila711

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stabila711

Lets see...if I did my math right and I am reading that Woot wage correctly then the price of the item in the bag will be...

$7500...

I really hope I did my math wrong. Else that is going to be an epic bag.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
stabila711 wrote:Lets see...if I did my math right and I am reading that Woot wage correctly then the price of the item in the bag will be...

$7500...

I really hope I did my math wrong. Else that is going to be an epic bag.

Oh no, it's much better than that!

Woot wage: $3,132,250.58

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

stabila711

Actually according to gimmaroon in this post:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=497507&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=13#post497561

The price of the item would be calculated by:

Woot wage/(3600/Order pace)

Which by my calculations is a $7500 woot

ssiemonsma

neuropsychosocial wrote:

He converted the per hour revenue into seconds and then multiplied by the 8.62 seconds it took me to grab the only Barrel of Crops. And that does equal exactly $7500.

But I'm confused now. I always thought the "Woot wage" was the hourly rate at which Woot collected payments for an item. But I know I only paid the $3 + $5 shipping, so I don't see where this $7500 figure is coming from. Can this figure really give us insight into the value of a Barrel of Crops? I'm assuming that Woot would have a hard time calculating the total value of the Bags of Crap any other time, so I find this proposition dubious.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still somewhat of a newbie.

abatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages abatt

I'm goin' to bed.

Juju1972

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juju1972

Iowa blows...sorry, but it had to be said. I'm not jealous or anything

ssiemonsma

Juju1972 wrote:Iowa blows...sorry, but it had to be said. I'm not jealous or anything

Yeah, I'd agree that Iowa sometimes blows (lived here my entire life). But I'm in a good city now, so I don't have many complaints.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ssiemonsma wrote:
Yeah, I'd agree that Iowa sometimes blows (lived here my entire life). But I'm in a good city now, so I don't have many complaints.

Congratulations on your lucky score!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stabila711

ssiemonsma wrote:He converted the per hour revenue into seconds and then multiplied by the 8.62 seconds it took me to grab the only Barrel of Crops. And that does equal exactly $7500.

But I'm confused now. I always thought the "Woot wage" was the hourly rate at which Woot collected payments for an item. But I know I only paid the $3 + $5 shipping, so I don't see where this $7500 figure is coming from. Can this figure really give us insight into the value of a Barrel of Crops? I'm assuming that Woot would have a hard time calculating the total value of the Bags of Crap any other time, so I find this proposition dubious.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still somewhat of a newbie.

Well lets take another Barrel of Crops and do the same thing...say this one

Doing the same thing and you get the price to be exactly $3.00 which makes sense.

Maybe there just wasn't enough bags to calculate a proper number? Or maybe you really are getting a $7500 woot. If a used car is delivered to your house let me know. That way the mystery can be solved.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
stabila711 wrote:Actually according to gimmaroon in this post:

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=497507&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=13#post497561

The price of the item would be calculated by:

Woot wage/(3600/Order pace)

Which by my calculations is a $7500 woot

Um, I just copy-and-pasted woot's own calculation of the woot wage from the Hello Springtime of this thread, so if you think they're wrong, address your concerns to them. I'm pretty sure that I copy-and-pasted correctly.

ssiemonsma wrote: Can this figure really give us insight into the value of a Barrel of Crops? I'm assuming that Woot would have a hard time calculating the total value of the Bags of Crap any other time, so I find this proposition dubious.

No, it doesn't give any insight into the value of your Bunnies Ogling Carrots it's simply a metric. If you look on shirt.woot, where the shirts are for sale between eight days and, well, four years and a few weeks, you might get a more intuitive sense of how the "woot wage" works.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

GoingToBedNow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoingToBedNow
abatt wrote:I'm goin' to bed.

That's funny, I thought I was GoingToBedNow.

ssiemonsma

stabila711 wrote:Well lets take another Barrel of Crops and do the same thing...say this one

Doing the same thing and you get the price to be exactly $3.00 which makes sense.

Maybe there just wasn't enough bags to calculate a proper number? Or maybe you really are getting a $7500 woot. If a used car is delivered to your house let me know. That way the mystery can be solved.

$7500 makes sense if there is going to be a total of 2500 Bags of Crap. I'm going to assume it was some weird calculation where the site assumed that 2500 Barrel of Crops will be sold at $3/piece for a total of $7500. So if they end up selling ~2499 more bags today, the numbers shouldn't end up looking so weird.

ssiemonsma

neuropsychosocial wrote:No, it doesn't give any insight into the value of your Bunnies Ogling Carrots it's simply a metric. If you look on shirt.woot, where the shirts are for sale between eight days and, well, four years and a few weeks, you might get a more intuitive sense of how the "woot wage" works.

I figured as much. I just thought I'd double check. Thanks.

TapatioUSA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TapatioUSA
dreadwood wrote:Argh. Engage pirate mode.

I wonder whatever happen to the "Talk like a Pirate" days at woot. I love the podcast.

That was the old woot...

DisrobedMonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DisrobedMonk

Who got it?? And for the love of god, keep us posted on what you get.

ssiemonsma

DisrobedMonk wrote:Who got it?? And for the love of god, keep us posted on what you get.

I plan on it.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank
ssiemonsma wrote:I plan on it.

Holy crap dude. Nice nab, and I do hope that there are more Bags later today.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

What a nice surprise for the night owls.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Always wondered if Bunnies Ogling Carrots showed up in the early morning hours.

But only one? That's funny!

garrettwheat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garrettwheat

You're a celebrity! (even if it is until the next batch comes...we hope)

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

I've always heard that Iowa is "first in the nation", but I didn't know it also applied to bags of crap. Congratulations, ssiemonsma.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Congratulations!!

At least I got a Mr. Beer in a previous Woot-off so I've got something to drink while I wait.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
ssiemonsma wrote:I promise I'll actually post a picture of what I get in it when it arrives.

Very much appreciated, I'll keep tabs on this thread! Congrats man!

hockeyham

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyham

I have a feeling ssiemonsma is gonna get an LCD TV and a Macbook Pro out of this one...

Me.

compmd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages compmd

This might just be the beginning of the end..

I don't even look fwd to woot-offs anymore.

March 2008 - Screaming Monkeys
October 2008 - Barrels of Crud - JVC Camcorder case, Electric duster - Woot, thnx for nothing
November 2008 - Barrels of Crud - 60" tripod, Grandpa Munster Doll, some tape measures, ipod pillow.
March 2010 - Barrels of Crud - Fishing tote, wii chucks, Carrots tshirt, poorly packed box, TY Woot for sending me more crap - old ass broken Bushnell GPS, light up snowman, woot lights, mini screaming monkey.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
compmd wrote:This might just be the beginning of the end..

I don't even look fwd to woot-offs anymore.

I'm feeling somewhat the same. Where I used to hover near the computer for Woot Offs, waiting on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots this all changed on April Fool's Day.

I'm sorry but that was NOT a good April Fool's joke. It wasn't even good form. Then, to have someone on staff basically call us whiny, titty-babies (OK, I'm paraphrasing) was just too much.

So, while I'll still buy from the Woot Offs and I'll still try for a Bunnies Ogling Carrots I'm not going to get all upset if I don't get one nor am I going to give up valuable time with my family. If I'm there when it goes up, great. If not, oh well.

No more letters, no more games (or even crap!) on April Fool's, nothing really random anymore, the fun has just gone out of it for me.

bill0405

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill0405

I promise I'll actually post a picture of what I get in it when it arrives. I've been too lazy to do that with my last two Bags of Crap, but with this one I'm obliged to do so since there was only one (so far)!

Btw, Woot, I've loved the quality and variety in the recent Bags of Crap! In my very first Barrel of Crops (January) I got one of those Roku devices, and it's now my favorite part of my entertainment center. And in the Barrel of Crops from last month I got an awesome set of hiking bags and various other items I actually had a use for.

You should be banned for using an auto-buy bot.

rachel0031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel0031
zzzzz78759 wrote:
I'm sorry but that was NOT a good April Fool's joke. It wasn't even good form. Then, to have someone on staff basically call us whiny, titty-babies (OK, I'm paraphrasing) was just too much.

excuse my ignorance, but what happened on April Fools Day?

and grats on the snag, ssiemonsma, can't wait to see your update.

rlj1010

quality posts: 12 Private Messages rlj1010
rachel0031 wrote:excuse my ignorance, but what happened on April Fools Day?

Woot traditionally always offers a B Oh C, or a game leading up to a B Oh C, on April Fools Day..

This time, they didn't...

But Woot played a game on our expectations, leading us on, with various "clues" all day...

Except this time, it was for nothing. No B Oh C's at all.

The joke was on us. It didn't really feel very funny though. It was kinda cruel. They knew damn well that people were glued to their computers ALL DAY waiting.

Woot COULD have been courteous after pranking people for several hours, and eventually said "okay, everyone, we're not doing a B Oh C today"... but they didn't. They knowingly let it go on.

(As for myself, I tried at midnight local, and a few various times during the morning... but i gave up. Others didn't. And i feel bad for them.)

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

Nice!

alanhwoot wrote:Congratulations!!

At least I got a Mr. Beer in a previous Woot-off so I've got something to drink while I wait.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
bill0405 wrote:You should be banned for using an auto-buy bot.

Did I miss the part where ssiemonsma said an auto-buy bot was used? Someone had to be first.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)