TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus

Beginning of Woot off: "ZOMG I have to stay up for the next three days, especially tonight, seeing as the bee oh cee always comes up during the afternoon of the last day!"

So I've always scoffed at the OCD sufferers... Until now. Wow.

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme
ssiemonsma wrote:I plan on it.

For the one guy that got it!

LEM- wrote:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!

mthoodrue

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mthoodrue

Hmmm, that must have been a freakin' DeLorean or something HUGE... FML, I was literally talking to someone about the Bunnies Ogling Carrots at that time.

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma
bill0405 wrote:You should be banned for using an auto-buy bot.

I didn't use one of those. I didn't even know that one existed specifically for Bags of Crap. I'll tell you right now that if I had used one, I would not have been awake at 2:00 am and commenting immediately afterwards. But I'm not going to say I don't have my own strategies for securing a Barrel of Crops. And I was definitely practicing the motions earlier in the night with other items in the Woot-off.

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma
ssiemonsma wrote:I didn't use one of those. I didn't even know that one existed specifically for Bags of Crap. I'll tell you right now that if I had used one, I would not have been awake at 2:00 am and commenting immediately afterwards. But I'm not going to say I don't have my own strategies for securing a Barrel of Crops. And I was definitely practicing the motions earlier in the night with other items in the Woot-off.

I'll post a screenshot of my internet history when I get home if people are so inclined to believe I cheated.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ssiemonsma wrote:I'll post a screenshot of my internet history when I get home if people are so inclined to believe I cheated.

I'm not so inclined. Enjoy your stuff!

I'm just hanging out, really.

cagey1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cagey1
ssiemonsma wrote:I'll post a screenshot of my internet history when I get home if people are so inclined to believe I cheated.

Ignore the haters, and enjoy your Bunnies Ogling Carrots We can't wait to hear your report of what you get!

milujite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages milujite

I wouldn't worry about proving yourself to anyone.

Congratulations! I'm glad that if only person got one, that it is someone who is willing to keep us updated once the Bunnies Ogling Carrots is received. I'm sure we will all be very curious as to what you get.

bopitaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopitaddict

[haters]: who's to say you won't edit your internet history?!?! [/haters]

haha... enjoy it. don't stress the others.

straka2537113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straka2537113

well that was fast

your going to have a quote of a quote as a signature? now this is just getting crazy! heh
Why must we all have signatures filled with other peoples quotes?

eghazali

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eghazali

Order submitted, we'll see if it goes through...

theshadow013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theshadow013

Wow, that was ridiculously fast!

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

Dang that woot-off tracker that didn't track fast enough!

matkapnyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages matkapnyc

Holy cow - did they fix their servers? That was so quick!

otaku13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otaku13

are they just messing with us today or something?

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Sold out in 5 seconds? I hit the big gold button and already sold out

ctutech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctutech

Seriously??? I made it to the order page and when I clicked it it said sold out.

anibunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anibunny

Missed. :<

Bunnies Ogling Carrots: 1

Bombkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bombkid

Holy crap that was too fast!

alexxxz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alexxxz

Order is still processing! COME ON!

CmC918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CmC918

My order says processing not sure how good of a sign that is or not. haha

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

Well I'm processing... whether or not I got one only the shadow knows.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

Got one!! That was really fast.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

Holysin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Holysin

wow, another *1* ? my order page is stuck at order is processing. Must leave room so as to not screw it up. gym time.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

DARN IT!!!

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

khkhkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khkhkatie

over 1600 sold out in 30 seconds!!!!!

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

Wow that was quick and no glitches at all. My order is still processing, but love the randomness.

Edit: Nevermind, just got it. Thanks Woot!

cntheilacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cntheilacker

Got one!

robinwoot4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinwoot4

sooo close! arg!

hockeyham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeyham

Good god. Bunnies Ogling Carrots then I got to the confirm page, then "Sold out". Bunnies Ogling Carrots went from 1 sold at 3am to 1400???

Me.

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

What Tiny Flowers! i went to pee and missed the Bunnies Ogling Carrots!

Quality post? Me??

saschab

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saschab

Still processing...guess we shall see.

BladeBeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BladeBeam

GOT ONE!!!!!

Two Woot-offs in a row now!!!!!!!

:D

02/19/09 - Bandolier of Carrots x 3
02/19/09 - Screaming Monkey and Woot-Off Lights
04/01/09 - Box Of Cats x 3
2/25/10 - Bag of Chandoliers

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

Perhaps we have witnessed the power of Amazon S3 at doling out Battlestars of Condoms in record time

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Well completely missed that one. Page never refreshed.

jeffjonez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffjonez

curse my inability to blindly purchase something quite honestly described as excrement!

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Holy Schnitz!

What is Woot trying to DO to us?!

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420

Order says it's processing. Not sure if my order's in yet.

EDIT: My order did not go through. Disappointing. They must have finally upgraded the servers. This kind of sucks.

jpierce237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpierce237

Errrrrr....how the heck did that sell out so fast?

Peace was my profession...