omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
ptr wrote:Apparently, this is *one* Bindle of Completeness, staggered over a couple days. I got to the buy page, only to be rebuked with "your account has already bought this item"
(the Bunnies Ogling Carrots last nite at 9)
Curse you, Woot!

??????
you complain about already having one?

that's new

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

boshans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boshans
BelyndaG wrote:Every time the Bunnies Ogling Carrots comes up I get a very strange response on my computer, regardless of which computer I'm using. I get an alert that the Bunnies Ogling Carrots is up, I start hitting F5, after SEVERAL times the Bunnies Ogling Carrots finally shows up, but it's already sold out. How strange is it that Wootalyzer v3.54.10 sends an alert but the Bunnies Ogling Carrots doesn't even appear to be the offered item for several minutes? In fact, this has happened with every item I've clicked on, whether I've tried clicking "View Item" on the Wootalyzer or just refreshing my Woot page. (sigh) No Bunnies Ogling Carrots for me, again.

Same thing happens to me, and it's not like i am using a crappy computer. The Lumbar Pack said sold out, so I was hitting refresh a million times to load the next item...and it just kept going to the Lumbar Pack saying Sold Out. Then it finally loads and it's a Bunnies Ogling Carrots..actually it wasn't sold out this time for me, I clicked I Want One, and put in my credit card code and hit enter...but then it said the item was sold out. So I don't know, I don't understand it. How can it be sold out already if it just loaded? The bar was already past halfway gone for me when the Bunnies Ogling Carrots finally showed up. I don't know why it kept the page at that Lumbar Pack for so long, I was sitting here waiting for it to be sold out to see the next item, and was refreshing, and it didn't change. It doesn't make sense.

I just looked at that mywoot.net actually, it showed the Pinnacle Speakers that are up there right now before the actual woot site did for me. It loaded right away on the mywoot, but even when I went back to the woot site and hit refresh it didn't show the speakers come up.

omh1009

drgandalf wrote: put it in your cut/paste buffer, then you just have to click the box, CTRL-P, and hit enter.

CTRL-V is for pasting
CTRL-P is for printing

turnage

quality posts: 1 Private Messages turnage
omh1009 wrote:??????

that's new

Seriously, people will complain about anything. Woot staff, this is the most ingenious thing you've done with the bag yet. I like it.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
drgandalf wrote:..click the box, CTRL-P, and hit enter.

Uhm, isn't CTRL+P the shortcut for Print?

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Scored one with my 7 year old puter!

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
turnage wrote:Seriously, people will complain about anything. Woot staff, this is the most ingenious thing you've done with the bag yet. I like it.

+1

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

omh1009

joshobra wrote:Uhm, isn't CTRL+P the shortcut for Print?

I think he is throwing off the competition.

skbruck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skbruck

Is Woot still sending out the infamous letters or poc to a select few?

Keith Brucker

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr
omh1009 wrote:??????

that's new

Not 'complaining', but just commenting on the evilness/cleverness of the woot staff.

Between me and the missus, we've gotten 6, I think.

aliminx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliminx
Atltrainman wrote:So the total is showing 2500 Bags sold. Guess they are done for the night.

Four times I had an order in and processing and four times it was denied because they sold out. Dang it.

Four times for me, too. I did buy a backpack of mystery, though, so maybe that'll be cool. I need a laptop backpack, anyway, so here's to hoping they send me one of those.

omh1009

skbruck wrote:Is Woot still sending out the infamous letters or poc to a select few?

they haven't done it for a while now. I think it is a discontinued practice.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Since there are now 2500 bags sold, we are probably done with Crap offerings for this Woot-Off.

Seems to me that whatever Woot has done with servers has worked well. There are still many folks disappointed that they failed to get a Bag, but with only 500 bags each offering and probably 10 or 20 times as many folks trying, that's to be expected. At least everyone found out their results quickly.

I think we have had a fairly good Phase 1. Now a few days of lull, and then we move to phase 2.

The Phases of the Bag of Crap (according to DrGandalf):

Phase 1: The discussion of getting vs. not getting the Bag of Crap, with the usual reference to the cursed bots, Woot's horrible servers, and related.

Phase 2: The discussion of when will Woot finally ship the Bags, and did you get your tracking number, and the creation of the spreadsheet.

Phase 3: The discussion of how much the packages are predicted to weigh, how big they are, how Smartpost is sending them all around the country, and whether they are arriving early, late, or maybe never, and how to find out all the tracking information.

Phase 4: The revealing of the contents of the much awaited Bags of Crap, with much hooting and Wooting by those that are happy, some grumbling by those that are not, but with most folks happy that they got to play the game no matter what they got.

cathy726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathy726

Why am I allowed to purchase other woot items with my bank account connected paypal, but not a Bunnies Ogling Carrots I clicked, got right thru to buy page, and then got refused for an $8.00 purchase. My $51.00 purchase from last night went right through.

ftjoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ftjoe
omh1009 wrote:I think he is throwing off the competition.

Ahhh - like the old "press ctrl+F4 to shortcut to the order page when the Bunnies Ogling Carrots comes up"?

drgandalf

omh1009 wrote:CTRL-V is for pasting
CTRL-P is for printing

My bad.

omh1009

ftjoe wrote:Ahhh - like the old "press ctrl+F4 to shortcut to the order page when the Bunnies Ogling Carrots comes up"?

No, that just being a royal rose bud.

dante0wns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dante0wns

finally, After getting sold out on every other one... got mine.

Live to VV00T ! VV00T to Live

otterbeez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otterbeez

Well, shut out every time this woot-off. I did take a chance on a mystery backpack over at thatdailydeal earlier today, so I guess I have that to look forward to. But it's just not the same.
Congratulations to all the winners! May your bags be super crapolicious so I can be even more jealous later(crapolicious is a good thing; I'm not bitter).

dante0wns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dante0wns

sweet and now its an even 10 !

dante0wns wrote:finally, After getting sold out on every other one... got mine.

Live to VV00T ! VV00T to Live

abzmommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abzmommy
ftjoe wrote:Ahhh - like the old "press ctrl+F4 to shortcut to the order page when the Bunnies Ogling Carrots comes up"?

yeah cause everyone knows it's actually alt+F4!

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
skbruck wrote:Is Woot still sending out the infamous letters or poc to a select few?

I think that was considered 'intellectual property', and left with ThreePieceWoot. Haven't seen any letters in months.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
abzmommy wrote:yeah cause everyone knows it's actually alt+F4!

I fell for it once... I was probably in like sixth grade.

Yep, no letters. But socks, that I know of. Really crappy socks..

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

pureval

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pureval
andrewkl wrote:I think that was considered 'intellectual property', and left with ThreePieceWoot. Haven't seen any letters in months.

Ok, what were the letters and/or poc?

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

lf4tune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lf4tune
drgandalf wrote:Since there are now 2500 bags sold, we are probably done with Crap offerings for this Woot-Off.

Seems to me that whatever Woot has done with servers has worked well. There are still many folks disappointed that they failed to get a Bag, but with only 500 bags each offering and probably 10 or 20 times as many folks trying, that's to be expected. At least everyone found out their results quickly.

Errrr ... I knew (only instinctively that the Bunnies Ogling Carrots was up.... the damn MountainSmith packs wouldn't go away after being sold out ... woot page just kept reloading it, then when I finally got a page it was the fricking Razor FlashRider ... the woot servers don't serve crap to the west coast, or at least to SoCal ...
Crap , crap , crap
or I should say "no crap no crap no crap"
:-(

w00t is in my dreams?

• Dyson DC17 The Animal - GOT IT tanks2wOOt
  • Tournement Croquet set, ThermoHawk Touchless Infrared Thermometer (missed 'em in previous Woot-Off)
  • Vectorlite 1 Million Candlepower Recharge (wasn't quick enough the last couple of times they turned up
  • Internet Tablet, Subwoofer or Surround sound speaker set

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
hunter7411 wrote:Whoa! I think this Random Crap put me over the top of 100 woots! YAY ME or something...
<span class="txtIrcMe">&nbsp;*&nbsp;ReginaFilangee admires new black shiny badge

What's more important is what it says about you when you hover your mouse cursor over your name. Don't get too pumped up, though....you ain't better than ME! ;) </span>

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

joshobra wrote:Uhm, isn't CTRL+P the shortcut for Print?

Yep....the Dr had a brain fart, apparently. It's Ctrl-V for pasting, although it's easy to see how one's brain might throw the "p" in there instead, esp. when that shortcut is not used for printing. (I don't use ctrl-p to print, for instance....but do use x, c, and v. P for paste makes more sense to me, but since x is obviously cut and c makes sense as copy. it only stands to reason that v would be paste, since it's next in line on the keyboard.

Now, if someone smart....like, say, a WOMAN for instance....determined the shortcuts, things would have worked out better for us all.

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Woot you totaly tricked me. The buy page loaded up saying the purchase had failed.

I hung my head in sadness

But wait a few minuets later... What are these e-mails?????

A purchase notice from paypal??? An order confirmation from Woot???

Lets look at my account...!!!!Yes indeed a crap was scored !!!!!!!

Woot thanks for continuing the Bunnies Ogling Carrots as a few random ones here and there. You really made it fund with the mid day Bunnies Ogling Carrots that came up as sold out.

Colonel I cant wait to see all the crap you and the WooT monkeys send out !!

wootywoo4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootywoo4444

Dear Colonel. I am reporting from the front lines. It looks as though I have failed you. After processing for almost an hour, no email and no Bunnies Ogling Carrots in my account it looks as though I must surrender. My appologies. If you find it in your heart to keep me in your army I promise to serve your faithfully to the end.

ReginaFilangee

Stumpy91 wrote:+1

I just wanted to point out that your arms seem quite long for someone named "Stumpy".....and so was wondering (purely out of concern, you understand), just exactly which part of you IS stumpy???

bomberjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomberjb

This Wootoff has been epic to watch/participate in. Spreading the Carps out to keep me goin... pure genius

madbomma

ReginaFilangee

omh1009 wrote:I think he is throwing off the competition.

LOL.....knowing DrGandalf, you may indeed be right! LOL
*winks at the good Dr*

ReginaFilangee

drgandalf wrote:My bad.

Just who do you think you're fooling? We're on to you now, you evil old man. =P

saschab

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saschab

Congrats to all the virgins getting their first Boatload of CottageCheese!

I really like Woot spreading them out in portions. It appears to favor a cross-section of Wooters. I know I got my first during the last Woot-off after 6+ years, and I believe the multiple chances made all the difference!

I also was amazed to find the CamelBaks I ordered on 4/22 already on my doorstep today.

Now my night would be complete if I Woot put up those snazzy glowsticks again......... Just sayin'

regal8lager

quality posts: 43 Private Messages regal8lager
ReginaFilangee wrote: P for paste makes more sense to me, but since x is obviously cut, c makes sense as copy. it only stands to reason that v would be paste, since it's next in line on the keyboard.

One thing that helped me to remember ctrl+V = paste was to visualize the V as a down arrow, hence you are "dropping" what is stored in the clipboard...

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sellbuyer92

WHAT WE'RE NOT GETTING:
ROKU
SLEEPING BAG

WHAT WE MIGHT GET:
things from Home.Woot

WHAT WE WILL GET:
somekind of shirt...you're lucky if it fits at all

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

drgandalf

ReginaFilangee wrote:LOL.....knowing DrGandalf, you may indeed be right! LOL
*winks at the good Dr*

@(o.-)@

Do you know me? Hmmmm?

ReginaFilangee

saschab wrote:
I also was amazed to find the CamelBaks I ordered on 4/22 already on my doorstep today.

My giant plastic rock (ordered Sunday) was already awaiting me near my door when I got home tonight. They didn't send the water with it, though....

*scratches head*

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

I would like to go on the record and say this: I know you still have millions of Dyson's back there. I have been eying them for a long time, and my Walmart Vacuum is not doing the best. If one happened to fall into my crap, I wouldn't mind. Even a refurb will do in an ugly yellow color.

Anyways, while there may not be any more letters (Even before TPW left, I think it was quite a few months before with no reports). The quality of crap has greatly improved with the format of the offerings. I have seen some letter type items in bags with no letters (IE the telescope)

My the Colonel bless your bags.

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

I ordered these too; noticed they actually were shipped UPS. First time I've seen that. A quick 2.5 days to arrive.