drsilentg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drsilentg
drgandalf wrote:I'll second that recommendation. I have two of those, and they are great. Not only will it stream from your computers on your network or from the Interwebz, it will play from a USB drive (flash or HD). It can play any video or audio format I have tried on it.

Mine are both re-spiffed, and cost about $50 each.

It does not have

weird question, where'd you make your woot tally signature? i'd like to have that, very cool

in-your-crapday-suit-Youtube-7/12/2012
Bundle of Carrots 4/25/2012
Bag Of Cheese 3/22/2012
Bucket Of Cream 10/12/2011

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
wootnewbee wrote:You're much more patient than me, I was afraid to take the time to enter it on a Bunnies Ogling Carrots

On another note, speed-reading the latest posts, its nice to hear [Spoiler Alert] we're all getting ponies.

Ponies?! That won't work out at all. My apartment doesn't allow pets other than cats. (Think I can disguise it?)

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sellbuyer92
mikebbass wrote:Better?

I just wanted to keep you a legend sir, by the way I'm @Boomdabah on twitter if you didn't know...we're the ones that have corresponded...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

songbirdjhs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages songbirdjhs
drgandalf wrote:I spent my $5 Woot coupon on the BOC, but I just got a brand spanking new $5 coupon in my email from JumboWoot.

Thanks to JumboWoot and all the other Woot Ghods!

I keep seeing people talking about their $5 coupon. How does one get one of those? I've been WOOT!ing for a couple of years now and have never seen one.

Hope Springs Eternal...That's why I keep trying for these Bundles of Clones#39;s

telymanbws

quality posts: 4 Private Messages telymanbws
songbirdjhs wrote:I keep seeing people talking about their $5 coupon. How does one get one of those? I've been WOOT!ing for a couple of years now and have never seen one.

Actually, I asked the question. Didn't notice it was the wife logged in.

There is a saying about those who forget history. I don't remember what it said, but it was good.
-Stephen Colbert

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion
telymanbws wrote:Actually, I asked the question. Didn't notice it was the wife logged in.

Participate at deals.woot.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

skbruck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skbruck
drgandalf wrote:Back on the topic of the Bags of Crap,

I spent my $5 Woot coupon on the BOC, but I just got a brand spanking new $5 coupon in my email from JumboWoot.

Thanks to JumboWoot and all the other Woot Ghods!

How can i get a $5 Woot coupon?

Keith Brucker

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
wootnewbee wrote:You're much more patient than me, I was afraid to take the time to enter it on a Bunnies Ogling Carrots

I put the coupon code into the cut/paste buffer. Since I know my CVV so well, it takes only one or two seconds to:

Click the CVV box, type the three digit code
Click the coupon box, hit CTRL-V, return.

And wait for the stupidly large gold button on the second screen.

I really wanted to use the coupon for the BOC just to see if I could get away with it, and it worked perfectly.

drgandalf

drsilentg wrote:weird question, where'd you make your woot tally signature? i'd like to have that, very cool

Its a graphic created with Photoshop. I update it periodically, usually when I get another Bag of Crap.

Be creative, make your own! (Just don't copy mine exactly, please.)

drgandalf

telymanbws wrote:Actually, I asked the question. Didn't notice it was the wife logged in.

I can see by your white triangle that you don't visit Deals.Woot. Participation there is what earns the coupons. Posting Deals, asking questions, voting on deals and such is what you need to do. I've received several $5 coupons and even one for $20.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Just got my JumboWoot-o-coupon today too.

Kinda wished I got it sooner if you know what I mean (but I'm not complaining! MANY THANKS!). But I definitely wouldn't use it on the Barrel of Crops though.. since I think I just made it by the skin of my teeth by copying and pasting my CCV alone.

Also, is it just me... or there isn't much activity in this thread since friday. Oh well, maybe when the tracking codes start popping out should get the train going again.

ColonelCrap, if you're reading this.. keep up the good work with our bags!! I'd just like to let you know I'm really excited on whats in stored for me, and don't worry.. I'll tell the world (which I had on my last bag) how awesome it is!

Also, this time I might just ask someone (maybe a staff, if they're not too busy) to have someone look up my tracking number so I'd know when is the delivery date. Since I want to keep the size and weight a surprise for me this time around. :] I think it'll be fun and cool that way, maybe others may follow what I'm doing as well. It'll be fun! :D

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Since you guys were all talking Roku, I'm hoping you'll be able to help me. First off, you'll have to forgive me for being pretty much technologically behind in most things by about 5-10 years. (I mean, I still have a standard cell phone that only sends text messages and am using a several-year-old desktop computer)

So, how exactly does a Roku work? If I were to buy one of those thingys and I'm guessing a subscription to hulu and/or netflix, how does it connect to those? Do I need to connect it to a telephone line? The computer? The current cable line? A wall outlet? Or what?

Is it really as simple as it sounds? Just a Roku and an internet subscription to some sort of streaming service?

For those of you that use a Roku or similar device, about how much are you paying per month, on average, for movies/TV? Our cable bill is about to go up to about $100/mo, and I'd really like to not pay that. Heh.

Thanks!

Anorion

Yeah, once tracking numbers and references start showing up on Fedex, expect the thread to RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

wgundammikezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgundammikezero

Cant wait to see those tracking numbers pop-up. Then comes the speculation.

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs

Colonel Crap, reporting for duty, sir.

Great distribution in the last deployment. Always grateful of whatever crap may or may not come our way. The new protocol of staggered offerings appears to have been well received and less of a burden on available resources. Good optimization on max-min.

(Ok, time to go dream again of a working laptop since my now former employer made me give theirs back. Now I have one less device for this war effort, but still somehow able to find and obtain the target.)

bmelnyk0

quality posts: 41 Private Messages bmelnyk0
Anorion wrote:Yeah, once tracking numbers and references start showing up on Fedex, expect the thread to RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

Altered beast reference, awesome!!!!!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
pohlmacs wrote:Colonel Crap, reporting for duty, sir.

Great distribution in the last deployment. Always grateful of whatever crap may or may not come our way. The new protocol of staggered offerings appears to have been well received and less of a burden on available resources. Good optimization on max-min.

(Ok, time to go dream again of a working laptop since my now former employer made me give theirs back. Now I have one less device for this war effort, but still somehow able to find and obtain the target.)

Any chance it is your former employer because you were too busy wooting and not as busy working?

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
sellbuyer92 wrote:I just wanted to keep you a legend sir, by the way I'm @Boomdabah on twitter if you didn't know...we're the ones that have corresponded...

I know I am not sure at what point I saw both names at the same time but I had figured it out that far. Good to see you here as wel.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

The masses have been laying low for days. No signal from the Colonel to let us know when we can get out of the trenches. Mum's the word, or is that crickets?

On a side note:
    Riding a roller coaster at 80mph in 47 degree weather is quite chilling, nevertheless very satisfying.

drgandalf

Track by reference:

"No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet."

Not that I really expected it.

adamchatfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamchatfield

Last Bunnies Ogling Carrots it took them about 8 days total to ship mine. That being said, I believe they should start shipping anytime from Tuesday to Friday.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362
    Anorion wrote:I'm hoping my scaffolding has something to do with monkeys. After the woot-off was over, I told my wife I'd done something bad. Her first response? "Does it involve Woot! Monkeys?" She knows me too well. I bought 3. :-P

I'd also really enjoy some outdoor equipment. Wife is recovering from a serious, long-term illness, and we're just getting back into woodsy stuff. Both of us are East Texas backwoods kids, so being stuck inside for most of the last four years has been rough, and we've lost much (actually most) of our hiking and camping equipment, either due to neglect or it "walking away" from our storage, and we're constantly broke, so it's hard to replace a tent or camp cooking equipment with the little left over at the end of the month. Backpacks or sleeping bags or tents or something would really be awesome.

Honestly, though, I'm just excited to "get to play" as they say.

I agree. Outdoors stuff would rock. There seemed to be plenty of it around the warehouse for the woot off..

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori

After many years of lurking on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots blogs, I have never seen folks actually kissing up to the Gods in hopes of some special crap.

Since some of you must be convinced this works, I thought I would add a few pleas before mine is shipped.

1. I would like all the mothers on 16 and Pregnant to have had a false pregnancy test.
    2. World Peace (Possibly should have been #1)
    3. A new inground pool with a few waterslides installed in my yard while I am sleeping tonight.
    4. A new, not refurb, Roomba Robot that both cooks and cleans.
    5. Homes for all the cats, dogs and unicorns on earth with humans that deserve them.
    6. Immortality
    7. Rainbows every Monday morning during my drive to work.
    8. A new Dyson that only sucks up evil.

Thank you in advance.

drgandalf

RNLori wrote:After many years of lurking on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots blogs, I have never seen folks actually kissing up to the Gods in hopes of some special crap.

Since some of you must be convinced this works, I thought I would add a few pleas before mine is shipped.

1. I would like all the mothers on 16 and Pregnant to have had a false pregnancy test.
    3. A new inground pool with a few waterslides installed in my yard while I am sleeping tonight.
    5. Homes for all the cats, dogs and unicorns on earth with humans that deserve them.
    6. Immortality

Thank you in advance.

But what do you do when you need to empty the Dyson?

wrwine3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrwine3
    RNLori wrote:After many years of lurking on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots blogs, I have never seen folks actually kissing up to the Gods in hopes of some special crap.

6. Immortality

Thank you in advance.

Since he isn't busy at the moment, Ron Artest is headed your way to fulfill wish #2.

Anorion

6. Immortality

Thank you in advance.

There used to always be a lot of discussion about what we'd expect to see in the scaffolding, what we'd like, etc. This hasn't happened a lot recently, because the scaffolding has been so bad/bland, but last time, there was a disproportionate amount of "special" crap, and it seemed like the woot staff really got into it, so the hopes and dreams of yore have returned.

So, we are back to dreaming, and enjoying the wait/excitement/burning-upon-urination that is associated with scaffolding, and generally enjoying ourselves.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

6. Immortality

Thank you in advance.

You will receive a pallet of 436 Unicorns now, be prepared

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
    Woots: 30
    Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver
    drgandalf wrote:

But what do you do when you need to empty the Dyson?

Release it into the garbage can to hell!

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
    • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
    • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
    • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
    • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
    • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap 10/21/10
    • Random Crap 9/22/10
    • Random Crap 8/20/10
    • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
    • Random Crap 1/28/10
    • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
    • Random Crap 12/25/08
    • Random Crap 6/20/08
    • Random Crap 4/1/08
    • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

WOOT! I just noticed I had gotten the $5 coupon as well. Wish it wasn't hiding in the spam and I had seen it before ordering the $30 projector on Sellout.

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
    • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
    • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
    • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
    • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
    • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap 10/21/10
    • Random Crap 9/22/10
    • Random Crap 8/20/10
    • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
    • Random Crap 1/28/10
    • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
    • Random Crap 12/25/08
    • Random Crap 6/20/08
    • Random Crap 4/1/08
    • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Dear Colonel,
    In my bag I'd like the following:
    A Suprise X 3
    sweet awesome bag X 1

Thank you very much...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

music2video

quality posts: 3 Private Messages music2video

I love the the videos of people unboxing the Barrel of Cropss. This one is my favorite and to me is the reason why I always try to get one, not so much because it's sansa players it's just the surprise and humor in it. http://youtu.be/6QX3KHeg9vU

What are your favorite unboxing videos?

Anorion

Anyone know when the last time Woot actually had a Roomba? I don't remember anything recently...

Edit: Other than during a woot-off, I mean.

bopitaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopitaddict
    RNLori wrote:
    6. Immortality

gets boring after 500 years.

In the end, there can be only one.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Can I have free woot shipping for life?

\

Anorion

bopitaddict wrote:gets boring after 500 years.

In the end, there can be only one.

I'm in my 266th millennium, and it's not boring yet!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
    Anorion wrote:
    So, we are back to dreaming, and enjoying the wait/excitement/burning-upon-urination....

I agree with everthing you said, except THAT!

AnniKat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat

6. Immortality

Thank you in advance.

Oh, your #1 is in the correct position in the list. It's just incomplete. "ThINGS" should also happen to all those Jerseyites and Housewives, too. And the K girls, maybe a whole body poison ivy attack?

Nothing in Track by reference yet, but as I already said I'm hopeful it will be soon.

Wondering what the cat needs to get her to check out the Bunnies Ogling Carrots when it arrives. It feels wrong to take pictures of a box without the cat.Once she passed 15 years old, she became noticeably less curious about things like Bunnies Ogling Carrots boxes.

/\~/\- ))
    >'x'< (( AnniKat
    / - \ _))

Narg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Narg
    everwondering wrote:
    So, how exactly does a Roku work? If I were to buy one of those thingys and I'm guessing a subscription to hulu and/or netflix, how does it connect to those? Do I need to connect it to a telephone line? The computer? The current cable line? A wall outlet? Or what?

Is it really as simple as it sounds? Just a Roku and an internet subscription to some sort of streaming service?

For those of you that use a Roku or similar device, about how much are you paying per month, on average, for movies/TV? Our cable bill is about to go up to about $100/mo, and I'd really like to not pay that. Heh.

Thanks!

Google for "Roku setup" or "Roku hands-on review" or similar. You'll find lots of how-to and such. Yes, they are easy, but unless you've done one it can be daunting. Just take your time and read read read. There is the setup of the Roku itself, then the paid stuff setups later. Both easy. You can use a Roku without any paid subscriptions, but it's not that great. The paid services make it 100% worth every penny.

I pay about $20/month for my paid services on the Roku.

kphilippe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kphilippe

I think what would be really fun for the Bunnies Ogling Carrots is to have a set of woot nesting boxes delivered. Each time a package gets delivered to my house, my 3 yr old son gets super excited and asks, "Is it toys". It would drive me crazy to have to keep answering, "I don't know" as I dig deeper into the boxes, eventually finding something train or fire engine related at the very end.

jwkidd80

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwkidd80

O M G I'm so excite!!!! I can't wait!! Hope it wont take to long to deliver to me here in glorious nation of Kazahkstan!!