jfeise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfeise
songbirdjhs wrote:I keep seeing people talking about their $5 coupon. How does one get one of those? I've been WOOT!ing for a couple of years now and have never seen one.

You need to post and vote on posts at deals.woot.
I just got a $5 coupon yesterday.

wgundammikezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgundammikezero
jfeise wrote:You need to post and vote on posts at deals.woot.

just got mine too, first time. I wonder if woot does them in waves

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
RNLori wrote:After many years of lurking on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots blogs, I have never seen folks actually kissing up to the Gods in hopes of some special crap.

Since some of you must be convinced this works, I thought I would add a few pleas before mine is shipped.

1. I would like all the mothers on 16 and Pregnant to have had a false pregnancy test.
2. World Peace (Possibly should have been #1)
3. A new inground pool with a few waterslides installed in my yard while I am sleeping tonight.
4. A new, not refurb, Roomba Robot that both cooks and cleans.
5. Homes for all the cats, dogs and unicorns on earth with humans that deserve them.
6. Immortality
7. Rainbows every Monday morning during my drive to work.
8. A new Dyson that only sucks up evil.

Thank you in advance.

This pretty much wins everything. Love it.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

dabills22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dabills22

Even if I receive an empty box, I would be 100% satisfied. The anticipation and reading the forum is worth the $8!

nvonklock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nvonklock

Is there a limit to the number of times one can visit Woot, click on My account, then the Bunnies Ogling Carrots just to see if there is a shipping number? I think I may have a problem.....I seem to be doing this a lot....even randomly checking the tracking using the order number to see if it's there..it's my first Bunnies Ogling Carrots..I think I'm a little excited...even if there is more actual Crap than one hopes (I've only just learned that pallets have been sent in the past!), it's still a fun little ride for $8.

RevLoki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RevLoki

This is my 4th career bin of collards. Can't wait to see what's in it. I hope that any clothing is men's XL. I keep getting women's small shirts. Not that I can't find small women to put them on. But I'm a few shirts away from a restraining order.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Thanks for the Roku tips everyone. I am sure I could set it up I am more concerned with My dad being able to set it up and even more importantly not being the ongoing technical support contract for said project.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
RNLori wrote:
1. I would like all the mothers on 16 and Pregnant to have had a false pregnancy test.

Lol at #1. Reminds me so much of

-facepalms-

Anyways... I'm hungry.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

acraigl

quality posts: 38 Private Messages acraigl
mikebbass wrote:Warning non-Bunnies Ogling Carrots related post below

Does anyone have a Roku box? My dad has all his CDs rippe to his pc but then he burns them to cd to play them on his stereo. I want to get him a streamer, but it's an 18 hour drive to his house so I need something easy to set up. I need it to be so easy it makes PnP look like quantum physics.

Is there someone easier than Roku? AppleTV is not an option

Thanks

Minimally, I'd get him set up with remote desktop (my choice for my dad was Windows Live Mesh), so you can do the configs for him, at least in terms of setting up shares, etc.

I would hope the Roku is DNLA and would just pick up any shares on the same network.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
joshobra wrote:

-facepalms-

Anyways... I'm hungry.

My brain blew a fuse.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion
mlsapack wrote:I agree with everthing you said, except THAT!

Symptoms of chronic wooting include, but are not limited to:

1. Crying uncontrollably.
2. Screaming like the souls of the damned stretching on the racks of Hades.
3. Herpes.
4. A predilection for yellow flashing lights
5. Sudden attraction to simians and simian-shaped objects.
6. Sudden obsession with black squares.
7. An illogical fear of yellow circles.
8. Super herpes.
9. Sudden loss of interest in friends and family.
10. Insomnia (at least until after midnight...)

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

I have now watched EVERY Bunnies Ogling Carrots unboxing video that youtube has to offer. This is my first since 2007 btw. Can't wait for that tracking number!

adamchatfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamchatfield

Woot Staff:
Send me whatever you want, as long as it is NOT a computer mouse or keyboard. I literally have a box full of computer accessories in my garage that go unused to this day.
Thanks.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
adamchatfield wrote:Woot Staff:
Send me whatever you want, as long as it is NOT a computer mouse or keyboard. I literally have a box full of computer accessories in my garage that go unused to this day.
Thanks.

Donation boxes, schools, libraries are the types of places that come to mind when O read about boxes of un-used un-wanted equipment sitting around..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d
Thanks.

I have a very well used HP keyboard that they sent me last crap run, complete with what looks like someones lunch residue and random bits stuck to it. You can add it to your collection.

Scrappt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scrappt
Thanks.

I have a crappy keyboard send me your extra one lol

Troy Tower

songbirdjhs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages songbirdjhs
Thanks.

OK, you realize that right now the WOOT! minions are casing your garage to steal that box so they can send it back to you in your Bunnies Ogling Carrots ? Oh yeah, they are that devious!

Hope Springs Eternal...That's why I keep trying for these Bundles of Clones#39;s

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21

I'm still hoping for 3 pounds of coal.

zatkins08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatkins08

I am waiting for the day that Woot! sends .25lb box full of letters... only to ship out 5-10 separate shipments of small and/or big objects. There is no way I could be disappointed in something like that. The entire discussion board would be on pins and needles for the wooter to update every single item.

AnniKat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat
Linad wrote:I have now watched EVERY Bunnies Ogling Carrots unboxing video that youtube has to offer. This is my first since 2007 btw. Can't wait for that tracking number!

Did you find the one where the box appeared to open itself? I was hugely impressed when I saw that video a few years ago, but neglected to bookmark it.

Sure do wish I could find it.

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

joshobra

Out of pure boredom waiting for something to happen, I used the stats to calculate this:

Barrel of Crops seniority:
2,225 people has been in Woot for >1 Year.
250 people has been in Woot for <1 Year.
25 people got the Barrel of Crops the same day they joined Woot.

I'm the 10%!

And another:

Purchase history
1,275 users >25 Woots
650 users < 25 Woots
475 users <10 Woots
50 users 2nd Woot
50 users 1st Woot

Pretty interesting, huh?

And of course, 100% (or 2,500) users bought 1 Barrel of Crops.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/prime-number.htm

Put in your order number for your Bag of clippings and see if it is prime. Last time around there was a rumor that prime number orders were special. Can anyone elaborate on this? Am I full of baloney???

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
sellbuyer92 wrote:http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/prime-number.htm

Put in your order number for your Bag of clippings and see if it is prime. Last time around there was a rumor that prime number orders were special. Can anyone elaborate on this? Am I full of baloney???

The prime number has nothing to do with it, sorry .

Several people had prime numbers and some had crappy and others didn't.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
jfeise wrote:You need to post and vote on posts at deals.woot.

Thanks for the heads up. I've never been to deals.woot before. (hangs head in shame) However, since your post, I now have a colored triangle!

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
everwondering wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I've never been to deals.woot before. (hangs head in shame) However, since your post, I now have a colored triangle!

Log out and then log back in. It will show up then. Right now, it's still clear..

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
AnniKat wrote:Did you find the one where the box appeared to open itself? I was hugely impressed when I saw that video a few years ago, but neglected to bookmark it.

Sure do wish I could find it.

Nope didn't see any boxes opening themselves lol. Was it stop motion?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZe0JAN4osA ?

CCericola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CCericola

Woot.

I just want a hug.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael
CCericola wrote:Woot.

I just want a hug.

I doubt they can fit one of those in a box. For what it's worth, I offer hugs.

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

joshobra

ColonelCrap definitely needs a hug right now.

-hugs colonelcrap-

Group hug!

wanpakumono

quality posts: 64 Private Messages wanpakumono
jneilstanley wrote:Original Poster LEM,

"Ah, top of the new page! Nice! Taking this opportunity to re-post the primer for those who don't like flipping a couple of pages back:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.5.3)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.2 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.3 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by threepiecewoot or on rare occasion another staff member, stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye on other staff members posts announcing possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.4 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if threepiecewoot said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed the first sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!"

LEM- Thank you once again for such a wonderful write up on how to track our c r a p

In other words: I'm too lazy to try to earn a Quality Post, I just hope to get one using cut and paste.

Jertyrael

joshobra wrote:ColonelCrap definitely needs a hug right now.

-hugs colonelcrap-

Group hug!

I think you can get shot for doing that O.O

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark
joshobra wrote:
25 people got the Barrel of Crops the same day they joined Woot.

Interesting...I wonder if some people got one of the early Bunnies Ogling Carrots created a second account with a different payment method got a second Bunnies Ogling Carrots

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wanpakumono wrote:In other words: I'm too lazy to try to earn a Quality Post, I just hope to get one using cut and paste.

This here, is one quality post.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
everwondering wrote:Since you guys were all talking Roku, I'm hoping you'll be able to help me. First off, you'll have to forgive me for being pretty much technologically behind in most things by about 5-10 years. (I mean, I still have a standard cell phone that only sends text messages and am using a several-year-old desktop computer)

So, how exactly does a Roku work? If I were to buy one of those thingys and I'm guessing a subscription to hulu and/or netflix, how does it connect to those? Do I need to connect it to a telephone line? The computer? The current cable line? A wall outlet? Or what?

Is it really as simple as it sounds? Just a Roku and an internet subscription to some sort of streaming service?

For those of you that use a Roku or similar device, about how much are you paying per month, on average, for movies/TV? Our cable bill is about to go up to about $100/mo, and I'd really like to not pay that. Heh.

Thanks!

I have one. So far I have just watched free stuff. If you pay for Netflix or Hulu Plus or Amazon.com Prime you can watch all that.

You just hook it up to your TV and you router, either wired or wireless, depending on the model. They've made it very easy to connect your Roku to your paid subscription.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
hackman2007 wrote:The prime number has nothing to do with it, sorry .

Several people had prime numbers and some had crappy and others didn't.

worth a try...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

Jertyrael

nmumark wrote:Interesting...I wonder if some people got one of the early Bunnies Ogling Carrots created a second account with a different payment method got a second Bunnies Ogling Carrots

It wouldn't surprise me... In theory I could do that, but I never would. That's just awful selfish.

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362
RNLori wrote:After many years of lurking on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots blogs, I have never seen folks actually kissing up to the Gods in hopes of some special crap.

Since some of you must be convinced this works, I thought I would add a few pleas before mine is shipped.

3. A new inground pool with a few waterslides installed in my yard while I am sleeping tonight.
4. A new, not refurb, Roomba Robot that both cooks and cleans.
5. Homes for all the cats, dogs and unicorns on earth with humans that deserve them.
6. Immortality
7. Rainbows every Monday morning during my drive to work.
8. A new Dyson that only sucks up evil.

Thank you in advance.

Midol.

AnniKat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat
Linad wrote:Nope didn't see any boxes opening themselves lol. Was it stop motion?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZe0JAN4osA ?

I believe that was it. Thank you so much Isn't stop motion fun?

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

tugnutt831

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831
wanpakumono wrote:In other words: I'm too lazy to try to earn a Quality Post, I just hope to get one using cut and paste.

...and you're even quoting a post that's quoting a separate post within it, it's like the Woot! forums Matryoshka post!

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
ThunderThighs wrote:This here, is one quality post.

Is that a quality post in your post or are you just happy to see me?

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.