renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
wanpakumono wrote:In other words: I'm too lazy to try to earn a Quality Post, I just hope to get one using cut and paste.

It looks like you posted an old version of LEM-'s FedEx Smartpost primer. You should have posted v1.6.1 (see below). I don't know what all has changed, but notice there are extra steps and most importantly the new primer lists colonelcrap instead of threepiecewoot.

LEM- wrote:Hello fellow wooters!

Now that we are 24 hours past the final shot at the prized bag, I am here to say "hi". Luckily not empty-handed either!

I know it's already been posted here a few times, but I have to post my official version of Smart Post primer at once. Unfortunately I will not have chance to post it later in the week, when shipping is supposed to begin, because I am going to be away from civilization for a while (but hopefully back for the unboxing. So posting it unusually early.

And here we go:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ThunderThighs wrote:This here, is one quality post.

peaceetc wrote:Is that a quality post in your post or are you just happy to see me?

With that nice bush at the base of the post, I think it is the latter.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
renrutnairbwoot wrote:With that nice bush at the base of the post, I think it is the latter.

you should tell whomever you are dating to stop using the flatiron. You could lose an eye.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

I think Im going to start listening to the woot off theme song once every morning till I get my Box of Chocolates. You cant help but smile when you hear it. It's a fun little ditty. I think now that I got my fix for the day the rest of it will be funtastic!

RAWR Imma Squarryl

mikebbass

My wife (Keriabass) does not seem to be nearly as excited about getting her own Bunnies Ogling Carrots as I am. How can we get her hooked? Advice anyone? Woot Staff? ThunderThighs, a little help form the female perspective? This site will give you a glimpse into her soul

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
    mikebbass wrote:My wife (Keriabass) does not seem to be nearly as excited about getting her own Bunnies Ogling Carrots as I am. How can we get her hooked? Advice anyone? Woot Staff?

Sorry was distracted by the cute picture...
    Does she like mysteries? The giddy joy that comes with waiting for a woot package in general?

(I don't know, for some the process is the thrill of the chase. Others like the waiting and anticipation of the delivery. Still, some just like the having.)

Not enough info to work off of!

I'm just hanging out, really.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

Ohh Etsy, I got a friend that is a stay at home mom that has been able to do pretty well selling on Etsy.

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
    • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
    • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
    • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
    • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
    • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
    • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
    • Random Crap 10/21/10
    • Random Crap 9/22/10
    • Random Crap 8/20/10
    • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
    • Random Crap 1/28/10
    • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
    • Random Crap 12/25/08
    • Random Crap 6/20/08
    • Random Crap 4/1/08
    • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing
    inkycatz wrote:Sorry was distracted by the cute picture...
    Does she like mysteries? The giddy joy that comes with waiting for a woot package in general?

(I don't know, for some the process is the thrill of the chase. Others like the waiting and anticipation of the delivery. Still, some just like the having.)

Its like an instant lotto ticket. You spent $8 for it and you already know its going to win. You just have to wait another week to see what you won.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikebbass wrote:My wife (Keriabass) does not seem to be nearly as excited about getting her own Bunnies Ogling Carrots as I am. How can we get her hooked? Advice anyone? Woot Staff? ThunderThighs, a little help form the female perspective? This site will give you a glimpse into her soul

Oooooh, nice stuff! Maybe she's just playing it cool? You could threaten to get to it first and hide it, I guess. You'll see how much she wants it. You might think about how much you value your life first though.

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mikebbass

inkycatz wrote:Sorry was distracted by the cute picture...

It is a cute picture, although its not our dog.

She is excited about the Bunnies Ogling Carrots itself, but the anticipation isnt building and driving her crazy. I think the issue is the forum. I need to get her hooked on the fun and excitement of the forum brings. She has posted a few times, Maybe once the shipping notices start she will get into it.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

mikebbass

ThunderThighs wrote:Oooooh, nice stuff! Maybe she's just playing it cool? You could threaten to get to it first and hide it, I guess. You'll see how much she wants it. You might think about how much you value your life first though.

Maybe I can get her to make you folks a Bunnies Ogling Carrots from her shop!

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Daily checking of Track by Reference still yieds "No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet."

O Bag of Crap, where art thou?

keriabass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keriabass
    mikebbass wrote:It is a cute picture, although its not our dog.

She is excited about the Bunnies Ogling Carrots itself, but the anticipation isnt building and driving her crazy. I think the issue is the forum. I need to get her hooked on the fun and excitement of the forum brings. She has posted a few times, Maybe once the shipping notices start she will get into it.

Hum... I am excited... but I have to wait... so - that is what I am doing? I will be VERY excited when I see a WOOT box with my name on it!!! I truly hope our boxes come the same day... not sure if I want mine to be bigger than yours - just BETTER!!! (HE HE HE!!!!)

RevLoki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RevLoki

Also, don't forget to add your stuff to wootsack!

http://wootsack.bfusion.net/

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

keriabass wrote:Hum... I am excited... but I have to wait... so - that is what I am doing? I will be VERY excited when I see a WOOT box with my name on it!!! I truly hope our boxes come the same day... not sure if I want mine to be bigger than yours - just BETTER!!! (HE HE HE!!!!)

To fully judge your excitement level, could you tell us the number of times you check tracking by reference per day?

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RevLoki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RevLoki
    ThunderThighs wrote:To fully judge your excitement level, could you tell us the number of times you check tracking by reference per day?

So much so that my F5 key broke worse than it did during the actual wootoff.

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
    ThunderThighs wrote:To fully judge your excitement level, could you tell us the number of times you check tracking by reference per day?

Do you ever sleep?

reinmasamuri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reinmasamuri
    RevLoki wrote:Also, don't forget to add your stuff to wootsack!

http://wootsack.bfusion.net/

Done and done!

andrewshulman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewshulman
    RevLoki wrote:So much so that my F5 key broke worse than it did during the actual wootoff.

Pro-Tip: I have a button my mouse that has a magnifying glass on it. I remapped it to F5. So much faster for Woot-Offs and for reloading other (far less important) pages.

stele2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stele2

Hmm, I had to replace two keyboards yesterday. Was it just a Monday or are there closet Wooters here... needs a conspiracy Keanu.

Coogles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles
    mikebbass wrote:My wife (Keriabass) does not seem to be nearly as excited about getting her own Bunnies Ogling Carrots as I am. How can we get her hooked? Advice anyone? Woot Staff? ThunderThighs, a little help form the female perspective? This site will give you a glimpse into her soul

Step one...intercept your wife's Bunnies Ogling Carrots before she opens it and slip in a diamond ring.
    Step two...
    Step three...profit.

mikebbass

Coogles wrote:Step one...intercept your wife's Bunnies Ogling Carrots before she opens it and slip in a diamond ring.
    Step two...
    Step three...profit.

I like step 1 but Woot would need to first put a Diamond ring in my Bunnies Ogling Carrots so I have one to put in hers.

Great reference, I love the underpants gnomes.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

mariomario42

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mariomario42

Well, my # of woots has finally increased by 1 from my Barrel of Crops last week, so I'm taking that as a very good sign of upcoming news.

keriabass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keriabass

I have not started checking yet because Mike said it almost always takes 5 business days before they start shipping. I now have the fedex page up so ill be checking it at least daily.

bopitaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopitaddict
    keriabass wrote:I have not started checking yet because Mike said it almost always takes 5 business days before they start shipping. I now have the fedex page up so ill be checking it at least daily.

ah... so it's mikebbass's fault... we should have known.

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

Even though I /know/ the tracking number is still a few days from showing up, I still find myself obsessively checking fedex every 30 minutes or so.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots = Bag of crack, it seems...

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
    If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

So does anyone else hope they win a Woot! cast iron skillet?

\

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
    renrutnairbwoot wrote:

I think its a requirement to quote an old -LEM primer. That way -LEM can come in and correct the primer and also get a Spring Training.

\

Anorion

jon98gn wrote:So does anyone else hope they win a Woot! cast iron skillet?

I'd like one, but I already have a (50+ year old) 12" Lodge skillet. Smooth-bottom, in fact, so it's better than the pebble finish the new pans have.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

That'll be pretty awesome. I bet it'll throw off the weighing scale so much. Like, why is the box so small but its too heavy?! It must be GOLD!

Anorion wrote:Even though I /know/ the tracking number is still a few days from showing up, I still find myself obsessively checking fedex every 30 minutes or so.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots = Bag of crack, it seems...

I have recently mastered inner peace... I will abstain from looking at fedex info until bag reaches my doorstep.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
    O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
    Coogles wrote:Step one...intercept your wife's Bunnies Ogling Carrots before she opens it and slip in a diamond ring.
    Step two...
    Step three...profit.

I thought step one was 'cut a hole in the box'.

mikebbass

I do. I couldn't talk my wife into letting me buy that one.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

I would think the skillet would make for some awesome crap! In fact, any Woot! item would be fantastic, especially the fancy Woot! Off lights.

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8
    mikebbass wrote:I do. I couldn't talk my wife into letting me buy that one.

I did and did. My wife loves stuff made in the USA, as opposed to the chinese garbage my current skillet is. Along these lines, Woot! needs to make a waffle/pancake iron with the logo pressed into the food...........

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
    32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
    122 Total Woots!

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

Well, my mystery backpack has shipped, so I have one number to track. Still, though, it just doesn't compare to a bundle of critters. Nothing compares. It's just a pale imitation of the real thing. It's like getting a cheap hamburger when what you really want is a nice, juicy steak.

*sniff* I love you Woot, you juicy, juicy thing.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

zatkins08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatkins08
    CapnJB wrote:I thought step one was 'cut a hole in the box'.

^ THIS

music2video

quality posts: 3 Private Messages music2video

WOOT needs to fly all the Bunnies Ogling Carrots winners out to the WOOT warehouse and give us all a shopping cart and 5 minutes to run around and grab everything that will fit in the cart, like SuperMarket Sweep!

Anorion

ksmith8 wrote:I did and did. My wife loves stuff made in the USA, as opposed to the chinese garbage my current skillet is. Along these lines, Woot! needs to make a waffle/pancake iron with the logo pressed into the food...........

HOT BLINDING GENIUS!

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Lodge hasn't made a waffle iron in years, though...

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
    music2video wrote:WOOT needs to fly all the Bunnies Ogling Carrots winners out to the WOOT warehouse and give us all a shopping cart and 5 minutes to run around and grab everything that will fit in the cart, like SuperMarket Sweep!

I loved that show! I used to watch it all the time when I was little, maybe around ten years ago. If that really happened to me, I would've went straight towards the electronics and large items.

They should really remake this show though, there are a lot of people out there that deserves gameshows like these.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
    O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

mikebbass

I promise that if I get one of these Pans I will post some fantastic looking food pictures. After all everything tastes better with Woot.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap