sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
mikebbass wrote:I promise that if I get one of these Pans I will post some fantastic looking food pictures. After all everything tastes better with Woot.

You've got that right. W00t Grilling planks make awesome fish...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc
mikebbass wrote:I promise that if I get one of these Pans I will post some fantastic looking food pictures. After all everything tastes better with Woot.

I don't know about that. I tried cooking a Woot monkey once, but all he did was scream...

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

keriabass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keriabass
Coogles wrote:Step one...intercept your wife's Bunnies Ogling Carrots before she opens it and slip in a diamond ring.
Step two...
Step three...profit.

PERFECT IDEA!!!!

keriabass

bopitaddict wrote:ah... so it's mikebbass's fault... we should have known.

Isn't everything??? That is how I live!

keriabass

CapnJB wrote:I thought step one was 'cut a hole in the box'.

HUH????

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing
keriabass wrote:HUH????

Saturday night live reference. D - in the box. Look it up.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
ksmith8 wrote:I did and did. My wife loves stuff made in the USA, as opposed to the chinese garbage my current skillet is. Along these lines, Woot! needs to make a waffle/pancake iron with the logo pressed into the food...........

My wife didn't want the skillet, to big and heavy. But she did like the idea of turning it over and cooking crepes on the back, so they get the logo in them!

But a Woot-Logo waffle/pancake iron I like.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
keriabass wrote:I have not started checking yet because Mike said it almost always takes 5 business days before they start shipping. I now have the fedex page up so ill be checking it at least daily.

Once that tracking number shows up that's when the real fun starts. All the guessing about how big your box really will be and what's in it. Then we find the real weight and start making predictions based on that. Followed by posts from the lucky few who get their bags really quickly. So, you start comparing bag sizes with people who've already got theirs... By the time it gets here you don't even care what's in it you just want to open it and know for sure what you got.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

So I let slip to my wife this week-end that I succeeded in ordering yet another bag of crap...boy, was she less than pleased. Apparently the previous offerings, despite my excitement, did not live up to her expectations.

well, jokes on her. those year old calendars and reusable shopping bags and used earbuds are mine, I tell you, MINE!

RevLoki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RevLoki
kreegah wrote:So I let slip to my wife this week-end that I succeeded in ordering yet another bag of crap...boy, was she less than pleased. Apparently the previous offerings, despite my excitement, did not live up to her expectations.

well, jokes on her. those year old calendars and reusable shopping bags and used earbuds are mine, I tell you, MINE!

I took all of the little junk like that out of my past Bunnies Ogling Carrots and put them in a box in a closet. You can't imagine the times that the multitude of those cheap sunpak camera tripods I got have come in handy. And earbuds are never NOT handy.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls

My first one was really crappy... I got a broken radio.
However, even then it still came with that Fact or Crap game and I've easily played $8 worth of it.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
keriabass wrote:PERFECT IDEA!!!!

Maybe you could start a support group for spouses of Woot Addicts.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

i've always come out ahead (despite my wife's protests), so I can't say ill of the selection...even if I AM putting my toothbrush back in a gen-u-ine singing Winnie the Pooh toothbrush holder at age 38.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
kreegah wrote:i've always come out ahead (despite my wife's protests), so I can't say ill of the selection...even if I AM putting my toothbrush back in a gen-u-ine singing Winnie the Pooh toothbrush holder at age 38.

I am certainly ahead in the $$ spent vs item value in the Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s

Some items of note:
80GB Zune Refurb
10MP Kodak Camera
Total Gym Core (Chuck Norris!!!!)
Multiple Woot T-shirts.

More importantly to me is the Woot SWAG: Some items of note
Woot head and wrist sweat bands
Woot Brown paper bags with orange '?'
Woot monkeys
Worst Woot 2006 wooden plaque
Letter of appreciation from TPW
Letter and custom Bunnies Ogling Carrots form the good folks in the Seattle Woot office (except for the farts, they could have left those out of the box)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

drgandalf

kreegah wrote:So I let slip to my wife this week-end that I succeeded in ordering yet another bag of crap...boy, was she less than pleased. Apparently the previous offerings, despite my excitement, did not live up to her expectations.

Fortunately, I do not have the same problem. My wife also enjoys getting her own BOC, so there is not arguement when I get one for myself.

Besides, I've sold a few of the items from the bags, so my net cost for all of the BOCs has been a profit. Hard to argue with that. Plus I've still got the rest of the crap to use and enjoy.

dmw804

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmw804

Phase one is underway..... the anticipation of finding out the size and weight of the shipment.

To me, this is almost as much fun as the anticipation of finding out what's in the box.

Last time, I was a bit disappointed that my box was smaller and lighter than most. Still, the contents were pretty good.

Can't wait till the shipments go out. It usually takes about 1 week from the date of purchase so I suspect we'll all start seeing shipping invoices tomorrow or Thursday.

Whatever I get...... thanks Woot!

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

Last round, placeholders started going out on the Tuesday following the offerings (i think). Fingers crossed. No word from the front lines yet though.

drgandalf

dmw804 wrote:Phase one is underway..... the anticipation of finding out the size and weight of the shipment.

To me, this is almost as much fun as the anticipation of finding out what's in the box.

Last time, I was a bit disappointed that my box was smaller and lighter than most. Still, the contents were pretty good.

Can't wait till the shipments go out. It usually takes about 1 week from the date of purchase so I suspect we'll all start seeing shipping invoices tomorrow or Thursday.

Whatever I get...... thanks Woot!

Actually, that's Phase 2. Phase 1 usually plays itself out the day the Bags are offered, or in this case, over the three days they were offered.

The Phases of the Bag of Crap (according to DrGandalf):

Phase 1: The discussion of getting vs. not getting the Bag of Crap, with the usual reference to the cursed bots, Woot's horrible servers, and related.

Phase 2: The discussion of when will Woot finally ship the Bags, and did you get your tracking number, and the creation of the spreadsheet.

Phase 3: The discussion of how much the packages are predicted to weigh, how big they are, how Smartpost is sending them all around the country, and whether they are arriving early, late, or maybe never, and how to find out all the tracking information.

Phase 4: The revealing of the contents of the much awaited Bags of Crap, with much hooting and Wooting by those that are happy, some grumbling by those that are not, but with most folks happy that they got to play the game no matter what they got.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
jon98gn wrote:So does anyone else hope they win a Woot! cast iron skillet?

I do! Apparently I was under a rock and didn't know these even existed until I saw them mentioned in a deals.woot thread. Bummed I missed them, especially since my blechEXblech won't give me back my cast iron skillet, along with almost anything kitchen-related, but I digress.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
maggie3052 wrote:Log out and then log back in. It will show up then. Right now, it's still clear..

I tried this, but apparently it doesn't work. Hmm. It shows filled in beside my username at the top of the screen but is clear in my posts.

drgandalf

everwondering wrote:I tried this, but apparently it doesn't work. Hmm. It shows filled in beside my username at the top of the screen but is clear in my posts.

I've noticed this discrepancy myself. It seems like one system (deals.woot) communicates with the other system (the forums) only intermittently.

At the moment, my triangle is black at the top of the page, but purple on my posts. Go figger. It will straighten itself up eventually.

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

Ornot. Mine has been changing colors like an epileptic Christmas tree light for over a year now.

I honestly like the suprise of "what color are my qube and wootangle today?"

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

drgandalf

Extrapolating from the chart on http://deals.woot.com/questions which shows how many Wooters have each color of WootAngle, there are now 98993 registered Wooters.

I wonder how many of them were trying to score a Bag last week. Lots of players, few winners in the BOC hunt!

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
drgandalf wrote:Extrapolating from the chart on http://deals.woot.com/questions which shows how many Wooters have each color of WootAngle, there are now 98993 registered Wooters.

I wonder how many of them were trying to score a Bag last week. Lots of players, few winners in the BOC hunt!

Well, I kind of posted a demographic yesterday.. if this is relevant to your question.

joshobra wrote:Out of pure boredom waiting for something to happen, I used the stats to calculate this:

Barrel of Crops seniority:
2,225 people has been in Woot for >1 Year.
250 people has been in Woot for <1 Year.
25 people got the Barrel of Crops the same day they joined Woot.

And another:

Purchase history
1,275 users >25 Woots
650 users < 25 Woots
475 users <10 Woots
50 users 2nd Woot
50 users 1st Woot

Pretty interesting, huh?

And of course, 100% (or 2,500) users bought 1 Barrel of Crops.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

nickoz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickoz

ColonelCrap,
Feel free to fill my Bunnies Ogling Carrots with a pallet of Woot-off lights! Ok, maybe not a pallet but I would love a couple lights.

-nick

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
nickoz wrote:ColonelCrap,
Feel free to fill my Bunnies Ogling Carrots with a pallet of Woot-off lights! Ok, maybe not a pallet but I would love a couple lights.

-nick

I so would like a set, but I feel like asking wouldn't do any good...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

drgandalf

joshobra wrote:Well, I kind of posted a demographic yesterday.. if this is relevant to your question.

Not really, since we already knew that 2500 Wooters sucessfully Wooted a Bag of Crap. What we don't know is how many F5 keys on how many keyboards were being rubbed blank by how many folks trying to score a Bag.

joshobra

drgandalf wrote:Not really, since we already knew that 2500 Wooters sucessfully Wooted a Bag of Crap. What we don't know is how many F5 keys on how many keyboards were being rubbed blank by how many folks trying to score a Bag.

Sorry, I guess I read it wrong. This site works too: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/woot.com# but I don't think it's much useful but you could see that shark-fin looking thing there during the woot-off week. Prolly as not much help either.

AnniKat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AnniKat
Anorion wrote:HOT BLINDING GENIUS!

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Lodge hasn't made a waffle iron in years, though...

A WOOT waffle iron is a fantastic idea. I felt very not with it, I told my husband about the skillet, he encouraged my to get one & I forgot.
Sad Face

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

I wish my crap would ship

kundogg26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kundogg26

In the last Bunnies Ogling Carrots I got a foot flusher. Tonight I installed it and it seems to be motivation for my 2 year old to use the toilet. I'm wondering if the foot flusher people have missed out on this target audience??? Maybe I could buy the foot flusher patent for peanuts and you'll be seeing the it on kids.woot!

Not all Martyrs see Divinity

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

barnabee wrote:Do you ever sleep?

Mid morning through the afternoon. Been awake about 4 hours now.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

kundogg26 wrote:In the last Bunnies Ogling Carrots I got a foot flusher. Tonight I installed it and it seems to be motivation for my 2 year old to use the toilet. I'm wondering if the foot flusher people have missed out on this target audience??? Maybe I could buy the foot flusher patent for peanuts and you'll be seeing the it on kids.woot!

Get licensing for some kid's character and you've got a million dollar idea there.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Anorion

ThunderThighs wrote:Mid morning through the afternoon. Been awake about 4 hours now.

Wow, and I thought my schedule (grad school for chemistry - lol 35 hour reactions that have to be checked every 30 minutes) was messed up.

Are you naturally a night owl? Or did you have to adjust to it?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Anorion wrote:Wow, and I thought my schedule (grad school for chemistry - lol 35 hour reactions that have to be checked every 30 minutes) was messed up.

Are you naturally a night owl? Or did you have to adjust to it?

Yeah, I've always been a night owl. Son is too. I have no problem sleeping during the day. Heh.

Anorion

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, I've always been a night owl. Son is too. I have no problem sleeping during the day. Heh.

Is this somewhat of a dream job for you then? I'm a night owl, and have a heck of a time finding jobs that let me work during my weird waking hours (~10AM to ~2AM).

dharr18

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dharr18

Anyone know how I could find out what member number I am? I have been around since 2004...After seeing there are almost 100,000 Wooters, it would be interesting how low my badge number would be.

Bucs Trade Winds

Wooting since 2004.

joshobra

dharr18 wrote:Anyone know how I could find out what member number I am? I have been around since 2004...After seeing there are almost 100,000 Wooters, it would be interesting how low my badge number would be.

When you put your mouse over the mail icon next your your name, right click and "copy link as" you would get:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=0&UserID=31793

(I underlined and bolded your number)

alternatively, you could just put the mouse over the mail icon and the URL preview on the bottom of my screen for example would show the same thing.

Now it'd be more interesting to see who has the lowest number now, lol.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Anorion wrote:Is this somewhat of a dream job for you then? I'm a night owl, and have a heck of a time finding jobs that let me work during my weird waking hours (~10AM to ~2AM).

Absolutely, a dream job. I've been lucky in life that most of my jobs have started out as dream jobs. Most have stayed that way through to the end too.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I'd like to just toss out here, if anyone happens to have/gets any of those Gwen's Nest eco shopping bag size bags or the fancy beachy patterned shopping bags, I'm looking for em. I'd love to get my hands on at least a dozen or more, since I like to use them when shopping but I need 3 times as many bags cause I can't lift much weight. I hate using so many plastic bags at the store and the five reusables I've gotten from various bags of crap aren't nearly enough.

I'd be pleased as punch to accept any willing donations if they are out there as I'm sure someone out there has them and isn't using them or doesn't want them, but I won't know until I ask!