twig123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twig123
everwondering wrote:By the way, I also found this site for trading woot (and other) tees:
http://teetrade.org/

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

x18

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

My 7.8lbs of crap arrived today!

In the box:
1 x ? Woot Bag - Priceless!
1 x Diva Darling Facemitts
1 x 4 pack of AAA Sanyo Alkaline Batteries
1 x Dark Brown XL T-Shirt
1 x Kids Size 10 "Not Paying Attention" Shirt
1 x dbest products Dreamer Light Show Projector $25
1 x Swissmar K-Cup Carousel Tubo 18 k-cup holder $65

Not a bad haul by any means and much better than my wife's standard fare.

Weighing at 2.8lbs

1 x "Luxurious" Lime green tote w/ purple flower
1 x Red leather kindle cover
1 x 3XL Blue T-shirt
1 x Dog control remote control
1 x 2012 Woot! Calendar

Pics and links to come later.

ambermarie1221

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ambermarie1221

Got my 3.9lb Bundles of Clones
1x small blue duffel
1x flu & germ protection supplies
2x diva darling microfiber headbands
1x convertible wine tote
1x women's small Click or Treat tee
1x terrific turkey probe
1x Dreamie in ivory
1x Teddy Bears on the Moove plush

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

Second package came in. It was the Tron fathead as expected. Lol thanks woot.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
twig123 wrote:Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Ive traded 3 shirts this way from random shirt day (which Im patiently waiting for shirt.woot..hint hint)

I ended up with some amazing shirts that are no longer available.

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21

How do I embed my youtube video like that other dude did? Anyone?

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme
robey21 wrote:How do I embed my youtube video like that other dude did? Anyone?

Find the ID of the video (normally something like T330xfk1A, it is in the URL

[ youtube=T330xfk1A][ /youtube]

No spaces

bsmith1

quality posts: 107 Private Messages bsmith1

Like dis?
[youtube=dQw4w9WgXcQ][/youtube
I left off the closing bracket so you can see it.
Or just click the reply button on the one you saw and you'll see how they coded it.

Edit: lichme beatme

xkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xkeeper
dwbasham wrote:There is no doubt mine had been opened. The tape had been ripped off completely.

Even after getting an opened box that looked like someone may have drop-kicked it, I'm still a happy camper with my rations. Thanks Colonel!

Yeah, that's what happened with mine. The shipping label had been torn completely in half, and the contents of the box only filled half of it, even with the air.

The tape was pretty much ruined on mine, too. The top of the box had been pushed in and the tape separated, so... :/

Good crap, but disappointing postal service.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
carl669 wrote:got mine yesterday.

and 1 awesome item which my wife took within 30 seconds. i think her exact words were, "i finally won something in a Bundles of Clones!"

thanks woot and colonelcrap!

IMHO, you got the kewlest thing so far in this round of Crappage. The picture looks like a stock picture, was it complete and in decent condition?

squatchface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squatchface

I was very excited for my first Bundles of Clones already... and then I saw a second package in the tracking info! One weighed in at 16.7 lbs and the other at 1 lb. Well, they finally arrived. Contents include:

1x Tron Fathead

2x Snap Straws (they hook onto soda cans)

1x Flu and Germ Kit (my bio-chem major roommate promptly informed me that the masks will not save you from a deadly virus)

1x Wolfgang Puck Grill/Griddle

1x Black duffel bag

1x Pack of PSP skins

Very happy with my first bag!! Thanks to everybody at woot!

holygrailbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holygrailbob

So my Badge of Courage arrived today interesting haul.

1x Fathead Box with a Tron inside
7x Bags of Air
1x Kids size 10 Occupy Sesame Street T-Shirt
2x 4 pack AAA Batteries
1x XL Plain Red T-Shirt
1x Amazing Woot bag!!! (Best item IMO)
8x Recycled stepping stones?!?!?

http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://theculvers.us/images/wss-icon.png

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21

Thanks guys for the help! So this was my first Brick of Carbonite. And of course, first box opening video featuring the boys.

First thing out of the box, Steffan grabs the
Columbia River Knife.

Lorenz grabs the Johnson & Johnson All Purpose First Aid Kit at the exact same time. Do you think we'll be using those at the same time? Probably :P

Two great kid size shirts, including the Da Vinci Shell Style and Fluid Dynamics

Last but not least, a Nordic Smiley Face Pancake Pan, which will certainly extend the time it takes the kids to eat from 1hr to 2hrs while they play with their food, haha.

Oh and let's not forget the Brick of Carbonite paper bag, which I'll have to frame as my first of many.

Thanks Woot, you've sucked me in to the community for good now.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

So because I know he would never post it this is my Father's completed Bundles of Clones

1x Tron FatHead
0x Bags of Texas Air
1x Women's XL "9 out 10 Rainbows Are Illiterate" Woot shirt
2x Diva Darling Microfiber Headbands
2x Tabletop Tripods
2x Terrific Turkey thermometer
1x Pop up/Pop down Lawn Sprinkler
1x 4 pack of AAA batteries
1x Brown Wine bag
1x Flu and Germ Protection Supplies
and of course
1x Blue gym BAG

I'm sure he will have fun giving a lot of it away this weekend

But he did say that I can trade the "Women's XL "9 out 10 Rainbows Are Illiterate" Woot shirt" for one in my size (Men's Medium) if anyone is interested!!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

grasshopperjonez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages grasshopperjonez

Well after days of waiting, My "Sac de merde" finally came in on Tues. At first I thought I was only getting the 1 box even though I had 2 tracking numbers. When the 1 lb. placeholder got caught in the nether-void between Dallas and Kansas City I thought it was a mess up on the Woot Monkeys part as many of us did. At least till they started coming in. Since I stopped reading the forums on page 73, I had no idea that it would be the fathead that some of us got. (By the way, it takes awhile to read through 18 pages.) When I checked FedEx the day my 1st box was to be delivered, I noticed that the "placeholder" was in Kansas City. "What the heck is this?!? It's real?!?" I thought. So I decided to wait to get the other package before I opened the 1st thinking it could be anything.

A flat screen TV?
A palate of car wax?
Broken flying monkeys?
A rock?
ANYTHING.

So against my increasing excitement, I waited. Mind you I had all day Tues and Wed off from work to sit around all day with the Woot! logo taunting me from the box. Calling my name. "Open me. Open me. I have wonderful things inside me. Open me." I finally had to lock it in the closest.
After stalking the mailboxes in my apt complex, I saw the mailman finally arrive. When I went out to check the mail and get my package, He said it was already at the apt office and I had to get it there.
GAAHHAAA! More waiting!!
Finally got it home knowing what it was from the box and label, anxious to find out what was inside the first box.
Set up the phone for filming the unboxing (Seen here)
16" x 12.2" x 10.6" 6 lbs.

The official contents are as follows:
1x Tron FatHead wall graphic
1x Small blue duffel bag (unknown)
1x Bug zapper racquet ($5.99)
1x Terrific Turkey probe ($8) Anyone know if this will work in a deep fryer?
1x Flu & Germ Protection Supplies ($3.99-$18.19)
1x Flowering Teas ($20 according to order form in package)
x2 Tabletop Tripod ($9.75)
1x WL shirt Not pictured - Star Map (wife snagged it as soon as video was done)

And for the most..... unique(?) item:

1x Ben Wallace Inflatable Defender ($49.99)(I got a life size blow up doll?!??)

I'm not really sure what to say about that..

It must have been some sort of return from somewhere other than woot cause it has a $49.99 price tag on it. Looks to still be in original package. Not sure what to do with it.
Anyone want to trade?

Pics:

Back of box. Fear the fro?

Sorry for the long story. I see what people are talking about the thrill of the hunt, not the quality of meat. The anticipation was the best part. (although I'm now prepared for flu season)

Edit: I forgot to thank the Woot! people.
I will use almost all of what you sent me!
THANK YOU WOOT!!

Your friendly neighborhood GrassHopper

Dman27

Finally onto MY Baggie!!

6x Bags of good smelling Texas Air!
1x "?" Brown BAG
1x Ugly Brown Fruit of the Loom XL shirt

and....

1x Avid, B-Stock, Vocal Studio Microphone (This should be fun)

Well this is the second time I've been shorted my third crap in a bag (last one was a few years back), So if I complain the woot god's might be angry with me!

any opinions on this guys?

~DMan27~

drgandalf

holygrailbob wrote:So my Badge of Courage arrived today interesting haul.

8x Recycled stepping stones?!?!?

Great heebie jeebies, how much did your package weigh?

drgandalf

Dman27 wrote:
Well this is the second time I've been shorted my third crap in a bag (last one was a few years back), So if I complain the woot god's might be angry with me!

any opinions on this guys?

The Woot Ghods have been VERY good about replacing missing craps. Email them.

Dman27

drgandalf wrote:Great heebie jeebies, how much did your package weigh?

I think those rocks are hollow and made of plastic ;)

~DMan27~

Dman27

drgandalf wrote:The Woot Ghods have been VERY good about replacing missing craps. Email them.

if Dr. Gandalf says so I must! Off to the Woot Gods I go!

~DMan27~

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

I'm pretty sure that my Bandana's on Cher package got lost in the 1980's. Was originally set to arrive on Monday... each day it's been pushed pack further and further. Maybe tomorrow Bret Michaels will hand deliver the fun? That or I'll get 2.5lbs of slap bracelets!

Dman27

dpcollects wrote:I'm pretty sure that my Bandana's on Cher package got lost in the 1980's. Was originally set to arrive on Monday... each day it's been pushed pack further and further. Maybe tomorrow Bret Michaels will hand deliver the fun? That or I'll get 2.5lbs of slap bracelets!

I think brett michaels is at a local bar near me tonight HAHA!

~DMan27~

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma

I finally got ahold of someone at FedEx who knew what they were talking about. My 76.8 pound package (which never updated after its May 2nd Dallas scan-in) apparently is not a lost hope. The representative said that if if weighed in over the SmartPost weight limit (70 pounds), that FedEx would hold the package and contact the seller (Woot) in order to arrange for it to be shipped via FedEx Ground. In that case, it would be assigned a new tracking number. I'll get an email back from FedEx's "investigation team" in 24-72 hours to see if they find anything out.

Do any Woot staffers know how you guys would handle this situation? Would you guys most likely pay the extra shipping (probably rather expensive), retrieve the package and lighten the load to under the 70 pound limit, or just say screw it and ship out a regular Bandolier of Carrots? (I've already contacted Woot support once, and they were just insistent I be patient despite the unsualness of the case)

Whatever you guys choose to do (assuming this is what has happened to my package), I REALLY need to know what was in that original one, so much so that I'd pay FedEx's FedEx Ground rate just to find out.

So a big thanks to Woot and the Colonel for attempting to send out such a massive Brick of Carbonite, and I look forward to its safe arrival!

rhalsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhalsey

First ever Bundles of Clones

2x 4-packs Sanyo AA batteries
2x table top tripod
1 Bell and Howell mini digital camera
1 leather 7" tablet cover
1 green bag w/ purple flower
1 smallish tee shirt

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
ssiemonsma wrote: I REALLY need to know what was in that original one, so much so that I'd pay FedEx's FedEx Ground rate just to find out.

nay, we all would pitch in to get this Barge of Colossal safly to its true home...and of course to find out what it is (including pics...and maybe a video (?) )

kcjv3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcjv3

3.2 lbs

-1x flower tote bag
-1x leather kindle case
-1x L blank orange Jerzee tshirt
-1x fuze mini compact speaker system
-1x imaginext kids toy (not really sure what it is)

dsantini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsantini

I would like to thank the woot staff for listening to their customers and adding a greater variety of items to the Bundles of Clones. I also prefer the new format of multiple Bundles of Clones in a single wootoff.

I quite agree. Well played Woot - well played!

holygrailbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holygrailbob
drgandalf wrote:Great heebie jeebies, how much did your package weigh?

they are made of some combination of recycled materials and plastic i believe. They don't weigh too much individually. Box was 20 lbs about, don't remember exactly off the top of my head.

http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://theculvers.us/images/wss-icon.png

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma
bpeterson82 wrote:nay, we all would pitch in to get this Barge of Colossal safly to its true home...and of course to find out what it is (including pics...and maybe a video (?) )

Assuming it gets to me, yes, I'd be willing to do a video in addition to photos. Anyone care to share the procedure for embedding a video? I could just do a link to YouTube, but I figure embedding it would be snazzier.

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

8.4 pounds

6 x Mini Glow Sticks
2 x Blank T-Shirts (XL)
2 x 4-pack Sanyo AAA Batteries
1 x ESPN glow in the dark volleyball set.
1 x Paper ? Bag

I didn't count how many bags of Texas Air, but there were a number of those as well.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
salwei wrote:I hope not all the 1 pound extra packages are tron fatheads, nothing against then it would just take out some of the surprise. I guess I could always pretend to forget and act surprised when it gets here

I didn't help. I didn't read all this (in fact, I got busy and forgot I had crap coming), and I was still disappointed by the Tron Fathead.

I posted a picture on Facebook and found a home for it.

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago

Okay it has arrived! Yay Woot!

So I got...

2 Convertible Wine Totes
2 Table Top Tripods
1 Blue Duffle Bag
20 AAA batteries
2 Diva Darling Micro Fiber Facial Mitts
1 Flu and Germ Protection Supplies
1 Gyro RC Helicopter with remote (minus the backing of the batter slot??)
1 Battery Operated Disco Light Ball
1 Women's XL Reading Rocket T-Shirt
1 Folded Up Yellow Fabric???
(not pictured)
1 Tron Fathead

Not terrible, not the most amazing crappo de baggo for my first one, but I can't complain much. Too bad they gave me AAA instead of AA since two things need AA instead of AAA. Still some interesting things. Also would have been great if the shirt was a men's XL instead of women's XL. No idea what the yellow thing is though.

mbmanaus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mbmanaus
dracodrago wrote:Okay it has arrived! Yay Woot!

So I got...

2 Convertible Wine Totes
2 Table Top Tripods
1 Blue Duffle Bag
20 AAA batteries
2 Diva Darling Micro Fiber Facial Mitts
1 Flu and Germ Protection Supplies
1 Gyro RC Helicopter with remote (minus the backing of the batter slot??)
1 Battery Operated Disco Light Ball
1 Women's XL Reading Rocket T-Shirt
1 Folded Up Yellow Fabric???
(not pictured)
1 Tron Fathead

Not terrible, not the most amazing crappo de baggo for my first one, but I can't complain much. Too bad they gave me AAA instead of AA since two things need AA instead of AAA. Still some interesting things. Also would have been great if the shirt was a men's XL instead of women's XL. No idea what the yellow thing is though.

Looks like your yellow thing was made in Germany and you know the Germans always make good stuff. Is it super absorbent?

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
Dman27 wrote:
6x Bags of good smelling Texas Air!

Inquiring minds want to know... Did you actually pop the baggies and smell the air?

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
dwbasham wrote:There is no doubt mine had been opened. The tape had been ripped off completely.

Even after getting an opened box that looked like someone may have drop-kicked it, I'm still a happy camper with my rations. Thanks Colonel!

Wait! Are you saying that the box is suppose to be sealed?

All these years I thought my open boxes were just part of the crappyness of the crap.

One time my box had packages addressed to people in my neighborhood enclosed. They were not from Woot!, and I delivered them.

philpotpie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philpotpie

First Brick of Carbonite in a long time... didn't do too shabbily!

• 25x bags of Texas air (nothing new to me)
  • 2x Snapstraws
  • 1x black duffle bag
  • 1x Life Choices Tee (XL in women's)
    1x Flu & Germ Protection Supplies

and...

• 1x Yoostar

Some good gifts in here. Glad I actually was able to participate in this last Bundles of Clones

Thanks, Woot! And Colonel...

Dman27

everwondering wrote:Inquiring minds want to know... Did you actually pop the baggies and smell the air?

I pop them with my Kershaw from the last Bundles of Clones and it smelt like plastic ...

~DMan27~

terri19

quality posts: 3 Private Messages terri19

received my Bundles of Clones today...

2 Tabletop Tripods

1 Terrific Turkey thermometer

1 Pop up/Pop down Lawn Sprinkler

1 blue bag

1 cow parade stuffed cow w/ 2 bears riding on the cows back

1 luke shirt

1 flu and germ kit

2 Diva Darling headbands

1 convertible wine tote

1 tron fathead

0 bags of air

not bad for a Brick of Carbonite

Terri19

btmeyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmeyers

Am I the only one to receive a fathead that wasn't TRON?

I feel kind of special about the Mickey Mouse one that I will hang in my 2.5 year old daughter's room!

Holysin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Holysin
ssiemonsma wrote:...I'll get an email back from FedEx's "investigation team" in 24-72 hours to see if they find anything out...

There is something quite poetic in the first Bundles of Clones ordered arriving last.

I'm quite happy with my 2.6# one:
1 woman's XL shirt (bunny dressed up as a carrot, was perfect for the wife.)
6 bags texas air
1 leather protective cover for 7" galaxy (fits a kobo, and makes the kobo feel more book like)
8 AA batteries (2x 4 packs)
1 cheap low res Chinese digital camera w/ usb (too light to be a doorstop.)
1 brightly colored bag that the little one snagged and I haven't seen since.
and
2 tabletop tripods for gifting purposes. Nice crap even if I didn't get a tron poster ;)