dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago
pohlmacs wrote:I only received part 1 of 2 today because USPS redirected it to the wrong local post office, so I should be getting that one tomorrow. Here is what I received today:

2012-05-10 17.52.03 by pohlmacs, on Flickr

1 - JVC Everio GZ-HM30AU Camcorder (refurb)
1 - table tripod
1 - plastic wrapped world traveling stuffed cow
1 - kids small wicked witch is dead shirt
1 - wine coozie
1 - terrific turkey temperature tender
2 - bars of citrus soap (oh, my allergies!)
1 - first-aid flu and germ protection (I currently have a cold, ha!)
1 - obligatory bag (small blue duffel)

That certainly was nice, thank you, Colonel Crap, Sir!

Who knows what will be arriving tomorrow? It's like having back-to-back yields Barrel of Crops excitement! 2-for-1 !

If only my bag were this awesome lol JVC camcorder and a cow, instead I get a used helicopter without the backing for the remote and a disco ball... with AAA batteries instead of the AA I need haha

snooty2toes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snooty2toes

Got my birthday crappening!! Suuuuuper happy with my haul, i was secretly hoping for a bovine! My non wooty bf was shocked at how awesome it was, he`s now a believer in all things woot.

1x sparx whiskey stones dented box, but all there
1x kiva wine tote
1x germ disinfecting kit
1x dreamie sheet, dented box still in plastic
1x turkey timer
2x organic citrus soap- made it so my crap didn`t stink
1x boba-fetch womens small
1x cow parade "teddy`s on the moo-ve" limited edition from 2006
1x blue duffel
1x huuuuge fathead -tron sam flynn character

1x kitty inspector giving her stamp of approval, the other kitty couldn`t be bothered to get out of bed.

Close up of the moocow.

In all best birthday present ever, thanks woot team <3

Beetle Breakfast

asparaguspee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asparaguspee

Crapulent craptastic crap has arrived - pretty much the standard package.

1 x Crappy Red Duffle
2 x Crappy Headbands
2 x Fairly non-Crappy Tripods
1 x Wine Tote (Wine NOT Included)
1 x Bar of Honey Hippie Soap (smell reminds me of sandalwood)
1 x Black Halloweeny T-shirt (Little Girl's Large - my daughter thinks it'll fit)
1 x Cootie Avoidance Kit
1 x Pulse Massager (w/pads, batteries, manual - anxious to try)

(Oh, yeah, that white roll behind everything is the standard issue giant Tron thingy.)

The setup shot:

The obligatory cat - Dollycat is not impressed by this crap:

and the piece of resistance... a random Curtis remote control without batteries for the TV they forgot to put in the box:

All in all, I'm a pretty happy Crapskateer - Thanks Colonel Crap!

UPDATE: I'm using the soap - it's stinky, but it works. I accidentally broke the pulse massager... I tried testing it by putting the four pads on my thigh while they were still side by side on the plastic sheet and it worked for a second, then it arced between the pads and stopped - now whatever I do, the controller just says "P". Dang me.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep

I finally got my Brick of Carbonite yesterday (5/10), and I'm very happy! This was a great haul!

Thank you Colonel! Thank you Woot Staff! (And thank you Fedex and USPS for getting my package to me in one piece!)

Weight/Dimensions:
11.7 pounds / 18 x 12 x 12 box

Contents:
4x - Bags of Texas air
1x - Green bag with purple hydrangea (will use as a gift bag for Mother's day!)
2x - SnapStraws
1x - Terrific Turkey Timer
2x - Sanyo 9 volt batteries (great for smoke detectors)
1x - Samsung Galaxy Tab cover (it doesn't fit a Kindle Touch nor a Kindle Fire.)
1x - Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Amplified Speaker System (will be using for my computer)
1x - Cool Breeze - Women's Small t-shirt (on American Apparel) (claimed by my daughter)

Brick of Carbonite:

Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Speaker System:

Cool Breeze Tshirt (WS):

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89
Jertyrael wrote:No, he did not. His package exceeded the Smartpost 70lbs limit and had to be sent back to Woot (or something like that). I think Woot will likely fork up the cash to get it sent to him using FedEx ground.

It's kinda funny... he gets the first first one and probably receives it last ;)

Oh cruel irony...

It sounds like they need to start the letter thing again...

I would have figured he would have gotten one by now, I guess they didn't plan for this...?

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Received my Brick of Carbonite yesterday. Opened it this morning so it could be BBOC (Birthday Bundles of Clones) Box weight was listed as 2.6#. Also received the extra 1# package that many received

Received:

1x Tron Fathead
1x Woot "?" Paper Bag
1x Kids size 10 - Cake is a liar shirt
1x XL Plain brown t-shirt
1x 4 Pack AAA Batteries
1x Box SIGG Bottle Clean Tablets
1x Red Skitterbot
1x Red iFly Heli GYRO 3.5CH RC Helicopter

Wife is going to see if any of her students want the tron fathead.

The Woot ? bag is proudly displayed on one of the shelves in our home office bookshelves next to a few monkeys.

The helicopter worked great in a short test flight. Can't wait to get home from work and play some more.

Thanks Woot!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
novastarj wrote:Here are my Native Americans (and pilgrim) relaxing in front of the setting sun:

Still hoping someone out there might be able to identify these guys, and/or have a Mooflower up for trade so they can have a home!

hmm...these close enough?

RAWR Imma Squarryl

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
asparaguspee wrote:
The obligatory cat - Dollycat is not impressed by this crap:

The angle in which you took the pict it seems that SHE delivered it herself.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
mariomario42 wrote:and my special gift...

1 Dora the Explorer Pop Up castle

My daughter would flip her The Force for that! Awesomesauce!!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

metman87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metman87

just got mine last night. thanks a lot Woot.

1 Large Blank Blue Tee
1 Leather Kindle Case
1 Reusable bag with big flower on it
1 of those cubey iPod speaker things

and...a bag full of lip gloss shaped like cupcakes.

Thanks so much guys. Even gave me a shirt in my size.

colonelcrap

quality posts: 9 Private Messages colonelcrap

Staff

ssiemonsma wrote:I finally got ahold of someone at FedEx who knew what they were talking about. My 76.8 pound package (which never updated after its May 2nd Dallas scan-in) apparently is not a lost hope. The representative said that if if weighed in over the SmartPost weight limit (70 pounds), that FedEx would hold the package and contact the seller (Woot) in order to arrange for it to be shipped via FedEx Ground. In that case, it would be assigned a new tracking number. I'll get an email back from FedEx's "investigation team" in 24-72 hours to see if they find anything out.

Do any Woot staffers know how you guys would handle this situation? Would you guys most likely pay the extra shipping (probably rather expensive), retrieve the package and lighten the load to under the 70 pound limit, or just say screw it and ship out a regular Bandolier of Carrots? (I've already contacted Woot support once, and they were just insistent I be patient despite the unsualness of the case)

Whatever you guys choose to do (assuming this is what has happened to my package), I REALLY need to know what was in that original one, so much so that I'd pay FedEx's FedEx Ground rate just to find out.

So a big thanks to Woot and the Colonel for attempting to send out such a massive Brick of Carbonite, and I look forward to its safe arrival!

ssiemonsma - Apparently, the rations that I sent you were too much for the slow moving transport that we used and it was returned to HQ. We are re-deploying it on a fast mover today and you should be seeing it in your camp shortly. Stand fast. The Colonel

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
colonelcrap wrote:ssiemonsma - Apparently, the rations that I sent you were too much for the slow moving transport that we used and it was returned to HQ. We are re-deploying it on a fast mover today and you should be seeing it in your camp shortly. Stand fast. The Colonel

We're all with you, Ssiemonsma! No man left behind!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

jennyland

colonelcrap wrote:ssiemonsma - Apparently, the rations that I sent you were too much for the slow moving transport that we used and it was returned to HQ. We are re-deploying it on a fast mover today and you should be seeing it in your camp shortly. Stand fast. The Colonel

I ♥ Woot. So hard.

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
Jertyrael wrote:We're all with you, Ssiemonsma! No man left behind!

No crap left behind, either! The Colonel to the rescue!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

My crap was received Tuesday but Im still here supporting Ssiemonsma. I promised a Nascar marker board if the crap wasnt worth the wait. So Im holding strong that it will be! In woot we trust!

Woot community love!

RAWR Imma Squarryl

LLovely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LLovely

This is awesome and exactly why I am such a huge fan of Woot! Way to go Colonel!

wrwine3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrwine3
wrwine3 wrote:3.7lbs @ 12.2 x 9.6 x 9.2

Hmm... HP Touchpad boxes are 10.0 x 9.5 x 1.75

I'd say I'm getting 5 HP Touchpads but the ship weight is about 2 pounds...

I'm getting two HP Touchpads, a paper bag and a small woman's t-shirt.

YAY T-SHIRT!!!

I would like to thank Woot for sending me two 32GB Hp Touchpads. YAY!!!

I would like to but I got a bar of soap.

Along with the following:

One Terrific Turkey Thermometer
One woman XL Jurrassic Punk t-shirt
One flu protection kit
One black duffel bag
One Tron Fathead
One kids fossil excavation kit
Two table top tripods

Almost got the shirt right.

I guess I can wear the t-shirt (way too small) like a bib, use mask from the flu protection kit to protect my lungs while using the tripods to hold a magnifying glass (not included) and the Hp Touchpad camera (not included) during my excavation and clean up with the soap afterward.

Guess I can bake the Tron Fathead and use the turkey thermometer to tell me when it is done. Think the Fathead will work like a shrinky-dink?

Or I can take everything, put it in the duffel bag and bury it in the back yard for future generations to discover.

Sounds like a plan!

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy
zingriffy wrote:

1 "Dreamie" that was inside a box that looked to be ran over by a truck. Instead we realized it had been dropped in a pond or something because the Dreamie inside was soaking wet and had spots of mold growing on it. Really disgusting. Washed my hands thoroughly after dropping it in the washing machine and hoping for the best.

Gross gross and more gross.

Okay, I just checked my e-mail and found a message from Woot informing me that my replacement order had been shipped. Checking the woot site, I found a message as follows: "Sorry for the, um, wet dreamie. We'll make it up to you by sending you another dreamie and maybe more.

Let's just say, you'll be swimming (or sleeping) in them for a while." This came from DennisWKam. I certainly wasn't expecting this and am not sure whether or not to be happy about it. But I appreciate the effort. P.S. Who wants a 'Dreamie'? I think I'm going to have an abundance of them soon.

jennyland

zingriffy wrote:Okay, I just checked my e-mail and found a message from Woot informing me that my replacement order had been shipped. Checking the woot site, I found a message as follows: "Sorry for the, um, wet dreamie. We'll make it up to you by sending you another dreamie and maybe more.

Let's just say, you'll be swimming (or sleeping) in them for a while." This came from DennisWKam. I certainly wasn't expecting this and am not sure whether or not to be happy about it. But I appreciate the effort. P.S. Who wants a 'Dreamie'? I think I'm going to have an abundance of them soon.

Another awesome aspect of Woot. They probably have the best customer service, hands down. I can't wait to see what you end up getting!

I wish I had known about Woot when I still lived in Fort Worth. I would have applied to work there in a heart beat.

nangtadam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nangtadam

My crap from the last round is still "out for delivery" as of 04/02. I just received a replacement at 13.9lbs, 24.6x19x12.6

Contents:
1x Perfect Push Up
1x Chicken Rotisserie
1x Blue duffel bag

Everybody at work made fun of me for it missing an item, but I'm happy with the effort to correct the mess up of the USPS.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
dmw804 wrote:Isn't it ironic? Don't ya' think?

A little too ironic...(and I really do think...)

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
crickee wrote:hmm...these close enough?

Hmm... closer than anything I've been able to find, but still noticeably different style (the ones from Amazon seem a lot more intricately detailed), not to mention none of those designs match my designs.

Just about given up hope on this, but thanks for the help!

otaku13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otaku13

Thank you Colonel! My 14.1 pound Bundles of Clones arrived yesterday.

1 x Medium black Duffel bag
2 x Snap Straw soda can cover
1 x PSP skins ( I actually have this PSP case, so I can use these!
1 x Flu and Germ protection supplies
1 x women's small Luke tshirt with a light saber on it
1 x TRON fathead poster

and the best item

1 x Cusinart refurbished food processor/blender, which the wife promptly claimed.

ack! anyone know how I can shrink those image sizes?

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme
otaku13 wrote:

Do [img=75%x75%]locationtoyourimage then the closing tag

4wheeler4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4wheeler4

Package was supposed to arrive on Monday, but the wife just call and said its on the front porch! Says its big!

Its supposed to be 54.2 in. x 16 in. x 10.7 in.

Maybe its a box of tron fathead boxes.

That would be funny.

I think I will take off work early today.

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma

Thank you, Colonel!!!

rick21n

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rick21n

My Box of Crabs arrived today:

1x Fathead Tron Poster
1x Black Duffle Bag
1x Womens Small Luke/Lightsaber Shirt
1x Flu/Germ Protection Kit
2x Snap Straws
1x Table Tripod
1x PSP Skins

and...
1x Ivory Dreamie (as seen on TV)

Baked Orange Chimpanzee - 4/26/12
Braised Ox Chunks - 5/22/12

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma

And I appreciate that my fellow troops didn't forget about me and my remote Iowan outpost.

Jertyrael

zingriffy wrote:Okay, I just checked my e-mail and found a message from Woot informing me that my replacement order had been shipped. Checking the woot site, I found a message as follows: "Sorry for the, um, wet dreamie. We'll make it up to you by sending you another dreamie and maybe more.

Hilarious!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

dwbasham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dwbasham

Crapidiom: The Brick of Carbonite

Crap is what “woot!” offered. Crap is what “woot!” shipped.
Crap is what was broken when the FedEx person tripped.
Crap is what was opened. Crap is what was lost.
Crap is what we should expect given the minimal cost.

Crap is what we dream about each night of the year.
Crap is what we watch for when the yellow lights appear.
Crap is what we know we’ll get by hitting “I Want One!”
Crap is what we should expect. It’s all part of the fun.

Crap is what we brag about if we’re lucky enough to score.
Crap is what we talk about within the message boards.

Crap is a broken Sansa or a pallet full of wax.
Crap is purple pasta in dirty plastic sacks.
Crap is a screaming monkey or a leak-detecting frog.
Crap is what they write about within the crappy blogs.

Crap will always have a bag inside the crappy box.
Crap is the wrong size t-shirt or a nice pair of dry socks.
Crap could be a Dyson although it would be rare.
Crap is almost always packed with bags of Texas air.
Crap is sometimes epic. Crap is often dull.
Crap is anything at all that “woot!” decides to cull.

Crap notes from the Colonel are akin to the Holy Grail
We all do hope to get one within our crappy mail.

Crap! Is what we yell in vain as the “woot-off!” ends.
Then crap’s discussed for days and days among our forum friends.
Could crap be the single thing that we love the most?
Or could my crappy poem at least get me a quality post?
-dwbasham

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes

Hahaha that's awesome! Am I the only one that thinks they're sort of cool? :x!

ssiemonsma wrote:Thank you, Colonel!!!

I love how you used that emoticon, just perfect ;)

Can't wait to see what's in yours. Honestly, I'm way more excited for you to open your 76 pounds than I am to open my 2.7 back home that I'll get to tonight!

Jertyrael

dwbasham wrote:Crapidiom: The Brick of Carbonite

Crap is what “woot!” offered. Crap is what “woot!” shipped.
Crap is what was broken when the FedEx person tripped.
Crap is what was opened. Crap is what was lost.
Crap is what we should expect given the minimal cost.

Crap is what we dream about each night of the year.
Crap is what we watch for when the yellow lights appear.
Crap is what we know we’ll get by hitting “I Want One!”
Crap is what we should expect. It’s all part of the fun.

Crap is what we brag about if we’re lucky enough to score.
Crap is what we talk about within the message boards.

Crap is a broken Sansa or a pallet full of wax.
Crap is purple pasta in dirty plastic sacks.
Crap is a screaming monkey or a leak-detecting frog.
Crap is what they write about within the crappy blogs.

Crap will always have a bag inside the crappy box.
Crap is the wrong size t-shirt or a nice pair of dry socks.
Crap could be a Dyson although it would be rare.
Crap is almost always packed with bags of Texas air.
Crap is sometimes epic. Crap is often dull.
Crap is anything at all that “woot!” decides to cull.

Crap notes from the Colonel are akin to the Holy Grail
We all do hope to get one within our crappy mail.

Crap! Is what we yell in vain as the “woot-off!” ends.
Then crap’s discussed for days and days among our forum friends.
Could crap be the single thing that we love the most?
Or could my crappy poem at least get me a quality post?
-dwbasham

Well done, sir. Quality post worthy.

Jertyrael

You're the only one, CrystalEyes =3

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

I forgot to mention my replacement Bundles of Clones of hopefully dry Dreamies weighs 14.1 lbs.!!! I may never wake up.

nangtadam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nangtadam
zingriffy wrote:I forgot to mention my replacement Bundles of Clones of hopefully dry Dreamies weighs 14.1 lbs.!!! I may never wake up.

That sounds like a lot of dreamies

dwbasham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dwbasham
Jertyrael wrote:Well done, sir. Quality post worthy.

Thankyouverymushhh

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Still loving reading what everyone else is receiving. The anticipation regarding ssiemonsma's monster Bundles of Clones now finally on the move and zingriffy's possible load of non wet Dreamies can't be beat! Almost as exciting as the wait for my Bundles of Clones Almost.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

I was sort of hoping to hear that FedEx was informed to just remove a couple foot flushes and Brother in Arms action figures from the pallet and to let the package continue on its merry way.

I'm assuming the 70 lb load limit is to prevent the poor USPS postal worker from throwing out his back on his normal delivery route.

\

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

I'm sort of waiting for one of those people who keep asking for an iPad or TouchPad to get a WPad instead... sort of like this one
http://www.foxtrot.com/2012/03/03042012/

\