0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo Essential 15" Laptop
$309.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

ehhh.....No!.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse

I guess I might as well watch Glee after all.

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

will it rain?

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

You gotta be kidding me, these specs are...not good...especially for the price.

1.3GHz AMD(pew) / 2GB / 250GB ? For $300? yeah no

reddog998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddog998

Please, Please, Let me buy a Barrel of Crops!!!!

bjtarsa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjtarsa

While not this exact model, I have an 11" x100e Lenovo Thinkpad from Woot! and I really love it. You definitely need to trim away most of their crappy bloatware (programs to control volume, battery, "help center" etc) but these puppies really are like tanks. Mine's suffered a few uncontrolled descents without even blinking an eye, perfect for someone like me who can be a bit rough-and-tumble with my electronics.

ArwingFox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArwingFox

Lenovo's laptops are top-notch. Specs could be better, but this thing's not going to crap out on you any time soon if you want a bare-bones build for light browsing.

nkull

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nkull

I am a huge Lenovo fan, I have 4 ThinkPads, but this deal is WAY overpriced... The specifications on this laptop are very poor. I would pass.

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

Even if it were new, I'd pass. Come on, show us the all-in-ones!

baldar798

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baldar798
Charitwo wrote:You gotta be kidding me, these specs are...not good...especially for the price.

1.3GHz AMD(pew) / 2GB / 250GB ? For $300? yeah no

Yeah no kidding another thing I find irritating is that they had a laptop earlier by the same brand for $400 and I know it had an i5 processor and a 320 gig hdd beyond that not sure what all else it had but I have never even heard of this brand until today.

Jessara

baldar798 wrote:Yeah no kidding another thing I find irritating is that they had a laptop earlier by the same brand for $400 and I know it had an i5 processor and a 320 gig hdd beyond that not sure what all else it had but I have never even heard of this brand until today.

Look up Lenovo's Wiki. They bought IBM's PC division in -um-2005. This is an IBM, you've heard of them.

nkull

baldar798 wrote:Yeah no kidding another thing I find irritating is that they had a laptop earlier by the same brand for $400 and I know it had an i5 processor and a 320 gig hdd beyond that not sure what all else it had but I have never even heard of this brand until today.

And that was a ThinkPad --- The ThinkPad line is rock solid (with the exception of the ThinkPad Edge series which I would avoid at all costs) ... Actually, my recommendation is to get Lenovo Thinkpad's every time

As stated earlier, this laptop is not worth it.

muhnute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muhnute

Will this work with my Mac? At least it is a refurb!

No Bunnies Ogling Carrots for me again...sadness...

baldar798

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baldar798
Jessara wrote:Look up Lenovo's Wiki. They bought IBM's PC division in -um-2005. This is an IBM, you've heard of them.

Possibly but to be honest I don't know much about computers but I have been looking into them because I want a gaming laptop.

omh1009

Lenovo is very well respected brand. Don't know how you could never heard of it.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

So how's everyone feeling today? I stayed up until 8am and finally crashed and I woke up at 3pm... Thanks a lot woot-off!! I didn’t even get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I'm using a Lenovo at work. I'm not sure what the specs are but it runs great with Linux on it. I think the only thing that I found annoying is that the USB ports are on the left which means that the mouse cord has to wind around the back of machine. Not a big deal.

bdr9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdr9

What is the purpose of having face recognition in a laptop?

TazoWolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TazoWolf

I've had this computer for a few weeks... not a bad system! the only difference is mine has a 350GB hard drive, and I added another 2 GB RAM (it can handle up to 8GB RAM). I have zero complaints. It's lightweight, it's quick, and it seems to handle multimedia applications pretty well to boot! There's really nothing bad I can say about it! (mine was $299 at Fry's Electronics, and not a Refurbished unit).

WootStalker.com
"I'll Never Let My Schooling Interfere With My Education" -Mark Twain

"We Must Be the Change We Wish To See In The World" -Gandhi

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
jseureau wrote:So how's everyone feeling today? I stayed up until 8am and finally crashed and I woke up at 3pm... Thanks a lot woot-off!! I didn’t even get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots/blockquote>

have hope for more

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

rookaloo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rookaloo

This is not the Lenovo you want. You want the Think Pad. When we needed a new computer and I wasn't happy with any consumer reviews, we talked to repairmen. They rarely see a Think Pad but they see lots of cheaper models of all brands.

Woot has had some Think Pads. Wait for another one.

Julia Byrd Bishop

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

Weight? 5#? 8#?

omh1009

I just though of something, and made myself sick. Last bag run was 2500 total. Today, one test run of one, and an actual run of 500. What if the decided to run 500 bags a day, on a 5 day woot-off binge?

Just to mess with us?

nkull

rookaloo wrote:This is not the Lenovo you want. You want the Think Pad. When we needed a new computer and I wasn't happy with any consumer reviews, we talked to repairmen. They rarely see a Think Pad but they see lots of cheaper models of all brands.

Woot has had some Think Pads. Wait for another one.

As long as it's not a ThinkPad Edge ... My Edge (one of my 4 ThinkPads) failed just over a year old, motherboard failures on the Edge are common. (They also feel like garbage compared to all other thinkpad models) ... On the flip side, I have a T61 approaching 5 years old, currently it is abused daily by the kids and still runs 2 hours on battery and has never had a problem!

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore

Now we know why these were pulled off of Moofi.

Jessara

omh1009 wrote:I just though of something, and made myself sick. Last bag run was 2500 total. Today, one test run of one, and an actual run of 500. What if the decided to run 500 bags a day, on a 5 day woot-off binge?

Just to mess with us?

Please don't say that. It's a ghastly thought, but you may be right. Woot, please don't do that. I'm still looking for the pain pills from my dentist.

vand3537

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vand3537

wow, integrated wifi!

omh1009

Jessara wrote:Please don't say that. It's a ghastly thought, but you may be right. Woot, please don't do that. I'm still looking for the pain pills from my dentist.

Send me some, I may have to go to the store to get some boose to wash'em down.

TazoWolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TazoWolf
cf wrote:I'm using a Lenovo at work. I'm not sure what the specs are but it runs great with Linux on it. I think the only thing that I found annoying is that the USB ports are on the left which means that the mouse cord has to wind around the back of machine. Not a big deal.

Mine has one USB on the right and 2 on the left. The cord plugs in on the right, though, which is weird. I do like having the nifty little SD slot in the front, though!

WootStalker.com
"I'll Never Let My Schooling Interfere With My Education" -Mark Twain

"We Must Be the Change We Wish To See In The World" -Gandhi

Jessara

omh1009 wrote:Send me some, I may have to go to the store to get some boose to wash'em down.

I'll share if you will!

omh1009

Jessara wrote:I'll share if you will!

Haha, you can get boose without a prescription but ok.

jboof314

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jboof314

Looks great! In for three!

I couldn't even type that with a straight face. This is a horrible deal on a subpar laptop

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
nkull wrote: ...I have a T61 approaching 5 years old, currently it is abused daily by the kids and still runs 2 hours on battery and has never had a problem!

I have gotten 2 T60s off of Ebay, for $110 and $130 each. (One had 2 GB and the other had 4GB memory, now both have 3GB.) All they needed was the HDD, caddy, cover, and the power brick.

I've been running T2* stuff for 5 or 6 years now, and they ALL are pretty bulletproof.

Oh, nkull, get a new battery. You'll get over 5 hours.

steve

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

Lol. I refreshed after 10 minutes and the yellow bar went to the right.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412

I've always had Dells... I switched to Lenovo a couple years ago and would never go with anything else ever again.

omh1009

joshobra wrote:Lol. I refreshed after 10 minutes and the yellow bar went to the right.

Provably order cancellations.

potter412 wrote:I've always had Dells... I switched to Lenovo a couple years ago and would never go with anything else ever again.

Are you familiar with this model?

nkull

skou wrote:I have gotten 2 T60s off of Ebay, for $110 and $130 each. (One had 2 GB and the other had 4GB memory, now both have 3GB.) All they needed was the HDD, caddy, cover, and the power brick.

I've been running T2* stuff for 5 or 6 years now, and they ALL are pretty bulletproof.

Oh, nkull, get a new battery. You'll get over 5 hours.

steve

I would, but the 2+ is enough for the kids needs I've just never had any other laptop last this long and still retain a charge, it's impressive... The T series are the best (Have a T61, T510 and T410 here) ... These things even have metal roll cages in them, even with abuse they just won't die. Also love the little things like the awesome keyboards and the keyboard light (ThinkLight)

Again I'm not talking about this deal, which is no good

jw10ec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jw10ec

My daughter brought one of these babies to college. It was a work horse...she loved it. Then in a typical mishap the screen was smacked and cracked. My daughter brought it to Best Buy for repair - they wanted over $400 to replace the screen.
I bought her another.
Then I fished around online, purchased a replacement screen for under $70...watched a "how-to" video on YouTube and now I am have a great time with my "new" laptop. I love it!!!