quality posts: 5
We said I am addicted to Woot and need to join a Wooters Anonymous group. I told her we would never meet during a Woot off for fear of missing the coveted bucket of Chewbacca. She did not see the humor.
It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.
quality posts: 9
OK, this is my first Heli and probably my last. I waited years to snag one as I am just "Too Old" to have toys, says the wife....
If I can alleviate any frustration on this purchase, I offer this.
1) The instructions are in Chinglish which if you have yours in hand you already know this. Throw them in the recycle bin. Best place for them.
2) The app is I "dash" copter (I-copter). I know you will try others but pay attention to the spelling if you want the correct app.
3) While charging the Heli, the light on the USB plug turns off until charged. It turns RED when done.
4) While charging the earphone IR transmitter the plug stays red and the IR plug stays red while charging. The IR plug turns off when done. (no red lights) The USB plug stays red. (Look I didn't design this stupid thing!)
5) On the app there are a few important things to know. First is to have the TAIL of the Heli pointed toward the IR Plug when you start. Plug the IR earphone adapter into your device with STEREO Sound enabled (not sure why you would not have it that way to begin with but you never know) and have the volume all the way UP. On the app there is a on/off touch spot (you will see OFF - touch it and it turns to ON) The channel defaults to channel B (???? mine and friends are all channel A so sorry and sucks if you bought more than one). Now turn on the Heli and the IR Plug lights turn BLUE. In the upper right corner you can turn on and off the motion sensor part of the app. Meaning if your device has a sensor for tilt, it will interface with it. Works really slow and on my Android Tablets it's a no go. My iPhone and iPad it worked a little better.
Hope that helps the >= 300 people that bought one.
The post above is a full replacement kit at HobbyTron. BUY IT! They have the most ridiculous shipping I have ever seen. Buy TWO as the kits are on sale for $4.95 (50% off) and use coupon code "5offMONTHLY" total for two kits was $16 and change. The coupon has worked for the past week+ so no guarantees on pricing and coupon working days from now...
800+ woots! - Talk to the Square