0%
55%
45%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Apple 8GB iPod touch - 3rd Gen
$109.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

About $20 above what it should be.

drscarecrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drscarecrow

I asked for an 8GB iPod Touch, and Woot delivered!

Now if only I wasn't such a cheapskate...the glass hasn't entirely cracked off of the one I currently own--I can probably get away with not buying a new one for now.

I just say, "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!"

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo

Is this from the same supplier as that last offering? With the non-stock cases (no apple logo on back)

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

nice moofi

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

judging from the pictures, this is the same as the batch with no apple logos or information at the back.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89

But my second gen Zune is still working... going on like 5-6 years. So no need to replace it... next item please!

shanteuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanteuse

will it work with my graymarket M a c ?

drscarecrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drscarecrow

$170 refurb'd at the Apple website (2010 model).

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC540

-

$170 refurb'd at Overstock, 3rd gen.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Apple-iPod-Touch-8GB-3rd-Generation-Refurbished/4389817/product.html

I just say, "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!"

ttrier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttrier

They aren't exactly flying out the door.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill
rom wrote:judging from the pictures, this is the same as the batch with no apple logos or information at the back.

And those don't look like Apple headphones, either.

baldar798

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baldar798
grimskull89 wrote:But my second gen Zune is still working... going on like 5-6 years.

Nice I have the halo 3 zune and the battery has crapped out and the headphones jack is going haywire but I am still going strong with it =) I'm hoping it holds out till the new ipods come out so I can look into those.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill
grimskull89 wrote:But my second gen Zune is still working... going on like 5-6 years. So no need to replace it... next item please!

Ha, I'm still using my 1st gen Zune. Still running strong!

r3dv3lvet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r3dv3lvet

I guess they haven't found enough suckers cuz IT'S STILL AVAILABLE! Gosh please... roll on to the next item

pytlikmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pytlikmi

For the next item... Let's change that "o" to an "a" and make that iPod and iPad!!!

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 12 Private Messages wootdougwoot

So, does this have a camera or not...?

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

boxingthestars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxingthestars
wootdougwoot wrote:So, does this have a camera or not...?

Nope. The next (fourth/current) generation does.

grimskull89

baldar798 wrote:Nice I have the halo 3 zune and the battery has crapped out and the headphones jack is going haywire but I am still going strong with it =) I'm hoping it holds out till the new ipods come out so I can look into those.

Probably could replace those parts. I had a who friend replaced his HDD in his after it died.

joypops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joypops
teevoo wrote:Is this from the same supplier as that last offering? With the non-stock cases (no apple logo on back)

The pictures in the description show that the back doesn't have the logo.

grimskull89

bmrbill wrote:Ha, I'm still using my 1st gen Zune. Still running strong!

Yeah I have a friend who is still rocking his, he was lucky as a lot of the first gen either worked or froze.

Which is why I waited until the second gen! :P

drk51284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drk51284

Someone do the math - how many times can the woot-off theme song fit on here?

baldar798

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baldar798
grimskull89 wrote:Probably could replace those parts. I had a who friend replaced his HDD in his after it died.

Any idea as to how much it would cost or if it would even be an easy fix for the headphone jack??? Because other than how thick it is I still love it.

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

the apple website says the 3rd gen was made in 32 and 64gb, does anyone know what this one is all about?

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723
teevoo wrote:Is this from the same supplier as that last offering? With the non-stock cases (no apple logo on back)

I returned mine. Those were AWFUL! Worst refurb job EVER!

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

laaadyleo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laaadyleo

I bought this from woot two years ago and it still works great

grimskull89

baldar798 wrote:Any idea as to how much it would cost or if it would even be an easy fix for the headphone jack??? Because other than how thick it is I still love it.

Hmm the HDD part was around $20-30. I would imagine a headphone component would cost considerably less.

There are tons of instructions on how to take them apart online, just a matter of finding one with lots of pictures. Would probably require a soldering iron.

wiz1369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiz1369

lol...Im still using my "referb" Sansa 4GB MP3 player I bought 3 years ago...while waiting for a B a g o f C R A P!!!

angerbender

quality posts: 48 Private Messages angerbender

3rd gen is good for rough conditions because you can replace the digitizer for about $10. 4th gen required LCD & digitizer for $60+

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

These are the ones with NO apple logo on back. See pictures. The refurb job is horrible on these. Cheapest headphones ever as well too.

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

marthirial

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marthirial

And with this... we can agree undoubtedly this was the worst woot-off in the last month.

caramil3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages caramil3
marthirial wrote:And with this... we can agree undoubtedly this was the worst woot-off in the last month.

I second that notion!

Bizarro!

wiz1369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiz1369
caramil3 wrote:I second that notion!

I'll second, that second notion. Only because I don't want to be third.

wrey75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrey75

ditto!

jfreilich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfreilich

this is way late but here is what happened. the 8gb 3rd gen model is the same as the 8gb 2nd gen model; the internals were not upgraded. the 16gb was replaced with an upgraded 32gb as well as the 32gb to an upgraded 64gb.

darkomandic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkomandic

If you already want to have an apple product, do not I repeat do not buy more than minimum storage. That's where they make money by selling you extra gigs for incredible amount of money. Learn how to use cloud storage or just sync what you need at the moment.

wyreless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wyreless

Just woke up from a "Inter Woot Off Nap" and was all pissed I missed this. But after reading the comments from you Pro Wooters, it looks like I was lucky to miss out. Thanks for easing the pain. I figured at this price it was a steal, looks like I may have been right, but I was not the one that was doing the stealing!!

"Living For The DEAL!!"

npd233

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npd233

Just received mine yesterday. It is NOT a "3rd Generation" iPod Touch. I ordered it because I thought it was, and software App I need to run needs iOs 4.3 to run, and this one cannot be upgraded beyond 4.2.1

R I P O F F !!!

I want a refund WOOT!

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
npd233 wrote:Just received mine yesterday. It is NOT a "3rd Generation" iPod Touch. I ordered it because I thought it was, and software App I need to run needs iOs 4.3 to run, and this one cannot be upgraded beyond 4.2.1

R I P O F F !!!

I want a refund WOOT!

Sorry about that. Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll take care of this.

Cataract

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cataract

I'm actually a bit disappointed, because the product I received wasn't the product advertised.

First of all, I realized this morning that there never even was an 8GB 3rd generation iPod Touch, it was only released in 32GB and 64GB sizes. So that's absolutely false advertising, which is a shame considering that I was looking forward to this deal so I could put some apps on that require at least 3rd gen hardware.

That being said, though, the device is in really great shape, which is something I was worried about after hearing some horror stories about people buying refurbished Apple products on Woot. All of the functions seem to be working properly, too.

I'm planning on sending an e-mail to Woot right now, but I did want to post in here before I did.