0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Sling Media Slingbox PRO-HD
$179.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

atucny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atucny

yay something different

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Another C|net review!

Atltrainman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atltrainman

I have the very first original model of the Slingbox and it worked great. I used to watch my Dish Network DVR on a Windows Mobile phone.

I need an update to HD and one that will work with AT&T U-Verse. I might have to get this one.

jwherbold

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwherbold

239.99 over at amazon...

Amazon Link

atucny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atucny

ok Im ready for something different again

buckygrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckygrad

No HDMI output and no internal wireless card from what I can tell. Too bad. Not being able to access my network wirelessly is a deal-breaker for me.

Squirrelhunter70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Squirrelhunter70

I have the slingbox solo, which is standard definition and only allows one person to connect at a time. Does the slingbox pro allow multiple people to connect at once? This is relevent because I'm the only one in my family that gets all of the philadelphia sports teams channels, and sometimes they compete to watch a game.

dsanders460

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsanders460

For what it is worth, these things are AWESOME for anyone that travels alot! The only downside being some hotels have crappy internet speeds. I have watched my DVR'd shows from South Korea, and watched live prime time TV from Germany! Buy with confidence!

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362

If only I hadn't started this Netflix/Hulu-only diet.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

I bought one of the "classics" here long ago. Haven't used in a while. How does this one compare, and what's my old clunker worth in this digital universe?

mhmank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhmank

The component video will give you a great picture too.

Here is an article discussing HDMI verus component video:

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/dvihdmicomponent.htm

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

stv65g

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv65g

Wow, read the amazon reviews. $179 plus shipping to be frustrated. I can think of several ways to be frustrated for less.

grandmacaesar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grandmacaesar

i don't want this crap, as i unplugged my filthy lying tv years ago...

but i heard it works great!

someone should buy them all very quickly before they sell out!

enjoitheride

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjoitheride

That's a funny looking gopro... Common give us stuff we want...

worldwidewebfeet

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

I think Woot really wants us to have lots of time to get work done today.

I even had time to repaint the letters on my keyboard's F5 key after they got worn off waiting for the Bag of Crap.

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang

In for one, finally. I hemmed and hawed around the entire day it was for sale a couple weeks ago, and then had non-buyers remorse that I didn't get it. Several guys I know have it and all love it. My biggest problem with it actually is having to pay 30 bucks for the android/ios app (each if you have both os's in the house).

I think this will be followed by the purchase of a boxee box to use as sling-player on another TV.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

lauragb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauragb1

You can get a brand new one for 189.99 @ myfunelectronics.com

ryansco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryansco

I bought one refurbed directly from Sling about a year ago. Never had a problem with it and install was easy. One of the best purchases I have ever made. Great to be able to watch sports or my DVR from work or when out and about. I would encourage you to buy one for yourself and one for someone you love.

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

It's stupid that slingplayer for android costs $30 even after you purchase this.

deishler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deishler

Sling this box and it will return to your mobile device with great video!

CBank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CBank

Is there an option to keep the remote control on the coffee table? Keeping it on the screen would be very inconvenient.

yfaber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yfaber
stv65g wrote:Wow, read the amazon reviews. $179 plus shipping to be frustrated. I can think of several ways to be frustrated for less.

I wish you could see my post from when this thing went up for sale a couple of weeks ago on Woot. In a nutshell, the overwhelming majority of negative reviews were from (a) people who didn't read the specs and were upset that this item doesn't have particular ports before they bought it, (b) people who had trouble with the service when they had a series of technical glitches a few years ago, and (c) people who think customer service should be free forever when the company is clear that it is only free for 90 days and thereafter it will cost you (I don't like that either, but they aren't sneaky, they are upfront about it). Those folks aside, the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, certainly in the past 3 years. I have this product and love it, I know MANY people with it and no one has any trouble at all.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

So....is this most of the day then?

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

Alrighteeeeeeee

Time for more of the LeakFrogs, sadly I wasnt up at their 4:30am air time.

and maybe a few of those Prospera Tens units, those are great little machines.

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

robaiello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robaiello

I have one of these, and it was useless for me. Here's why: on Time Warner cable in New York, the component output of my cable box doesn't work unless the TV is on, due to copyright protection via HDMI. So unless I leave my tv on 24 hours a day, I can't use the thing. Plus the iOS app is like 30 bucks extra.

abitterwoman

quality posts: 28 Private Messages abitterwoman
lauragb1 wrote:You can get a brand new one for 189.99 @ myfunelectronics.com

I don't trust an electronics store with the word "fun" or "happy" in the name. Like "happyfuntimeelectronics." No thank you!

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

HonkyTonkHero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HonkyTonkHero

I still have my Slingbox A\V (bought on Woot many years ago) and it still works great. I have it connected to my AT&T U-Verse STB with S-Video and RCA audio. Even though my STB format is HD the Slingbox picks the feed from the S-Video up just fine. Its not in HD (sides are cropped).

Just remember...the average HD stream uses around 3 MBps. Unless you have an uplink around that speed you wont get close to HD quality outside of your home network. Most home uplinks are around 1.5 Mbps or less.

My Slingbox AV uses around 1 Mbps up when I watch over the WAN (almost my entire uplink capacity). Just something to think about if you plan on watching this from a remote location. You can probably find someone selling their old Slingbox for $25. If you want to use it to extend you STB to another room with a computer or your laptop...then this is probably a great buy.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090

Forget slingbox and their bad capacitors. Go with Vulkano products. They are more reliable with more features http://www.myvulkano.com/

enjoitheride

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjoitheride

we had the old red model for my brother when he went to college and sucked when he would watch local sports because it would have to be tuned to that channel but now with new dvrs not sure how it would be since u can record two things at once

ZDarryl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ZDarryl

I guess I just don't get the point of this thing......It allows you to access your DVR, or set top cable box from anywhere in the world, and? Is this in case you are travelling and there is nothing on the hotel TV to watch, so you can watch your DVR or on-demand stuff from your cable company?
Does this force whoever is at home to watch the same thing as you are? Seems like a lot of money for a long distance remote control......

7+ Years
81 woots
219 items
1 order to steal1
$2,458.57 and counting!!!!!

abitterwoman

quality posts: 28 Private Messages abitterwoman
enjoitheride wrote:(no name calling! - mod)

Nope. I just don't like fly-by-night companies. I don't care where they are from.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

worldwidewebfeet

Do you people have to watch tv anywhere and everywhere, get a life!! Go outside!! Play midnight volleyball!!(but not in my neighborhood)

jfranks09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jfranks09

I've had 2 and they've both broken within 3 months... it's great when it does work though. also very easy to setup.

you also have to pay i think $30 for the app if you want to watch it on an tablet or phone.

therealjrn

quality posts: 51 Private Messages therealjrn
abitterwoman wrote:Nope. I just don't like fly-by-night companies. I don't care where they are from.

I've got the same prejudice against any body/company who use "4U" in their name.

Happy 10th Woot!