0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (4:26 PM, 4/26/2012) RobinBobcat reviews.

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Desk Pets Robotic Bot
$9.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

These are great! Spider scared the hell out of my fiance. :-)

moosezilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages moosezilla

add this to a bag of carrots and you get a buggy bag of carrots

magorphenger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magorphenger

Disclaimer : Desk Pet Robotic Bot of Robottery doesn't kill co-workers, no matter how many times "bot" occurs in the product name.

Chronological Reorder

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

The picture of the army of robot pets scares me a little. I feel like the "I have seen the future" terrified cat meme would be fitting here.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

chellek81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellek81

Bought 2 of the skitterbots a couple weeks ago from Sellout.Woot. They are a lot of fun, drive my dog nuts. However, my dog has already broken one of the legs on of them...I might buy the trekbots this time around.

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski

Multi-use tool!

Back massager
Cat toy
Baby scarer
Piratical joke

The list goes on

Lightfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lightfeather

This is not a fair fight. They have wheelchair robots playing against non-wheelchair robots.

drimacus07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drimacus07

Trekbot in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqoLEKG7VK0

rick21n

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rick21n
magorphenger wrote:Disclaimer : Desk Pet Robotic Bot of Robottery doesn't kill co-workers, no matter how many times "bot" occurs in the product name.

What if it becomes sentient?

Baked Orange Chimpanzee - 4/26/12
Braised Ox Chunks - 5/22/12

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
sarahkavitski wrote:Multi-use tool!

Back massager
Cat toy
Baby scarer
Piratical joke

The list goes on

Piratical? You mean a pirates "rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year"? Arrrgh!

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

mboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss

Awesome....in for one of each kind!

Lightfeather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lightfeather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp

Check out those blinking eyes... so creepy!

Face76

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Face76

What is the range?

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski
abitterwoman wrote:Piratical? You mean a pirates "rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year"? Arrrgh!

*shifty eyes* why yes! exactly what I meant to type!

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Got these the last time they where up,got a blue&red one.My dog did not know what to do,except try to eat one.Now I will try them on the cats,now that!!!! should be fun to watch.

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

I bought these last time they were up. They are pretty cool, except that one of the three I bought didn't work. It charged, but won't "go".

Be warned that they don't work well on any kind of carpet, it must be a smooth surface.

The remotes are pretty small and can be lost easily, as one of my daughters found on on day two. The other daughter was not interested on day two, but they both had a blast using them for a good 20 minutes on day one!

Edit: FYI, we bought only the Skitterbots.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

erm...never mind....the answer is right above me (now...)

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

I got one of the Skitterbots last time these were on Woot. It works fine, but it's kind of cheap and by that I mean I don't think it would take much wear and tear. So if you're going to use these to freak out your pets/kids/fearful friends they probably won't last that long. Mine also doesn't really work that well on carpet, but I don't think they're meant to.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is the claim that they're supposed to "remember the last command". There is a button for forward, backward, left, and right. The center button is the stop button. I would assume by the last command thing that pushing the stop button again would resume the last command but it doesn't. Nothing happens when the stop button is pushed a second time.

chellek81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chellek81

I broke down and bought another one...Trekbot this time, should be fun as my house is pretty much all hardwood floors

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

Oh what the heck. Stocking stuffers.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

BryceRob87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BryceRob87

This, declawed siamese cat, wood floor. Sounds entertaining.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

I got a bug. I shall name him Y2K.

yangshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yangshi

Took 2 for the team. Because you know your co-worker will step on one, and you will be heartbroken, because you already named it.

hghlnder72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hghlnder72

bought 2 skitters and a trek last time, they are a blast and everyone at work loves them. charge in about 5-10 minutes, runs a long time, stay outta the sun, they can battle since it is infra-red, red and blue are awesome!!!

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

These are pretty awesome. Be advised that control is a smidge tricky, since they turn faster than the infrared remote can switch their modes. Still, they're awesome, even if the cats have no idea what to make of them.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

iadams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams

what makes it a 'robotic bot' as opposed to a remote controlled critter. Arent robots supposed to control themselves?

rachel0031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel0031

my dog would go crazy over this, but my whole apartment is carpeted except the bathroom and kitchen. bathroom is too small to play in and there's too much in the kitchen to knock over. boo

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo

I bought two of the wheeled ones and 1 skitter bot the last time. The kids prefer the skitter bot so much, I bought more skitterbots.

Note that either style is too loud for my office, so they are just toys for home and other noisy places.

The "remember the last command" thingie means that you tap a button, and it will keep doing that action until it gets the next command (or until the battery dies). You don't have to hold down a button. Most remote control vehicles stop moving when you take your hands off of the controls.

specialkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specialkate

In for 2....oops, I forgot....our small dog has recently developed a penchant for June bugs. She pounces on them....thens crunches them loudly - quite revolting... I may sacrifice a skitterbot just for a laugh and video.

There is no dumbass vaccine.

bogart1993

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bogart1993

Arrrrrgh ... Couldn't resist red shirt skitterbot

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

Looks like fun.... in for 3

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Are these for wasting time at work on the non-woot off days?

9toes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9toes

wanted to get a black one, but I guess I was too slow as it didn't let me. So, I got one blue and one red. Should be fun.

kroya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kroya

I hesitated too long

piercedgeek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages piercedgeek
kroya wrote:I hesitated too long

same here, I thought about it a bit, did some youtube searches, finally started ordering 2, right before I hit buy, new item popped up on wootalyzer

Did get a Barrel of Crops though, I hope some show up =)

doc362

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doc362

Mine just arrived. I put the charger up high and away, but it wasn't enough. My cat already chewed it to pieces. Ugh.

A dangling cord is about the cheapest design imaginable. I wish the charge prong was simply mounted to the controller. The cable also isn't long enough to plug it into a USB port without the toy dangling.

rizzman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizzman

worked for about 3 days ..a piece of crap