FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I got the Vizio on woot last time it was offered and was wondering if anyone had suggested apps or stuff like that.

One main problem I have is that firefox isn't working very well on it, and the native droid app doesn't have adblock so woot is a pain in the ass to use. Does anyone have any ideas?

Still single, can't imagine why.

modernchaot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modernchaot
FenStar wrote:I got the Vizio on woot last time it was offered and was wondering if anyone had suggested apps or stuff like that.

One main problem I have is that firefox isn't working very well on it, and the native droid app doesn't have adblock so woot is a pain in the ass to use. Does anyone have any ideas?

You could try to root it and install AdAway to kill out the ads.

I make YouTube videos: youtube.com/lufthansa7478

I also have shirts to trade, so PM me... I dare you to!

FenStar

modernchaot wrote:You could try to root it and install AdAway to kill out the ads.

I suppose I could if I hadn't upgraded it, no one is really working on it though so there isn't much support. Still, I appreciate the suggestion.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

can you install amazon android applications from the amazon appstore on it? they have some different browsers available.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmobile-apps&field-keywords=browser

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I don't know if it will work on the tablet, but I use dolphin lite on my smart phone and haven't had any problems with any sites ads.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

FenStar

Dolphin browser doesn't seem to have adblock either. I might try the amazon app store.

larryven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryven

can you upgrade any new version.

FenStar

larryven wrote:can you upgrade any new version.

newest avalible everything is installed. I think I will just put up with firefox crashing and everything.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

If you need a .asia domain, DotAsia Organisation Ltd. is giving out incentives depending on how long you register a domain for.

For 1 year, you get a pair of earphones.
For 2 years, a stylus pen
For 5 years, a bluetooth keyboard (no number pad, but I assume there are numbers on the keys as an alternate function)
and for 10 years, (and the reason I mention this) you get a 7" android tablet with a half gig of ram and 4Gb of storage.

Not too exciting really, but if you need a .asia domain anyway, it's a nice incentive to go for the full 10 years.

Signature censored by Woot

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Xexus wrote:If you need a .asia domain, DotAsia Organisation Ltd. is giving out incentives depending on how long you register a domain for.

[snip]

Not too exciting really, but if you need a .asia domain anyway, it's a nice incentive to go for the full 10 years.

i need a .asiandominatrix, is that the same thing?

Xexus

no1 wrote:i need a .asiandominatrix, is that the same thing?

not the same, but you could get asiandominatrix.asia, which appears to be available :^)

I'm sort of surprised no one has taken that one already. Certainly cheaper than it's .xxx counterpart (asiandominatrix.xxx) $80 registration fee ... ouch!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Xexus wrote:If you need a .asia domain, DotAsia Organisation Ltd. is giving out incentives depending on how long you register a domain for.

For 5 years, a bluetooth keyboard (no number pad, but I assume there are numbers on the keys as an alternate function)
and for 10 years, (and the reason I mention this) you get a 7" android tablet with a half gig of ram and 4Gb of storage.

This made me lol, just so you know.

I'm just hanging out, really.

FenStar

Do I have to wait 10 years to get the tablet?

FenStar

Another complaint.
Gmail doesn't update very often, I had expected it to be instantaneous, but I basically have to refresh it manually. (yes, I have background data and auto-sync turned on)

Gmail doesn't let add people in my contacts to my mail, unless I go through the contacts app. (so I can't just start typing like I usually do.

Talk doesn't seem to work right anymore either.

Xexus

FenStar wrote:Do I have to wait 10 years to get the tablet?

They say the tablet comes directly from the org that runs the .asia registry.

I also found out that to get a .asia doamin, you have to have a business presence in Asia. Not too useful more most of us.

FenStar

Xexus wrote:They say the tablet comes directly from the org that runs the .asia registry.

I also found out that to get a .asia doamin, you have to have a business presence in Asia. Not too useful more most of us.

I could hire some Asian person for $0.25/hr 1 hour a mo.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
FenStar wrote:I could hire some Asian person for $0.25/hr 1 hour a mo.

you could pay him in ground-up-baby pills.

FenStar

I'm thinking I am going to buy the toshiba thrive.

FenStar

Or perhaps the TF300

Leahbh

i love my kindle fire. it's perfect for everything i want it for. (pretty much just playing games, reading, watching videos & listening to music)

FenStar

Leahbh wrote:i love my kindle fire. it's perfect for everything i want it for. (pretty much just playing games, reading, watching videos & listening to music)

The low screen resolution was a real turn off for me, but I know people like it.

Leahbh

FenStar wrote:The low screen resolution was a real turn off for me, but I know people like it.

seriously? low screen resolution? the screen is awesome. Movies/tv look GREAT. Plus, it's only 7 inches. It's perfect for what it is meant for.

FenStar

Leahbh wrote:seriously? low screen resolution? the screen is awesome. Movies/tv look GREAT. Plus, it's only 7 inches. It's perfect for what it is meant for.

Well, that is just my opinion. I'm not saying it is a bad product, just that for me, I would want something a little more powerful.

zhaoqian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhaoqian

I suppose I could if I hadn't upgraded it, no one is really working on it though so there isn't much support. Still, I appreciate the suggestion.

zhaoqian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhaoqian

Gmail doesn't let add people in my contacts to my mail, unless I go through the contacts app. (so I can't just start typing like I usually do.

FenStar

I've had my tf300 for a few days now so I thought I would post my thoughts.

1 battery life
After rooting and implementing a small modification I seem to be getting close to the mfg reported 10 hours. Charges fairly fast, I think in under an hour. Proprietary charger port has pros and cons.

2 screen
IPS panel looks good from any angle, is visible in bright daylight, although not as well as in the shade or indoors. If I went to the beach I would use it under a beach umbrella. Resolution is fine, I doubt my eyes would notice a denser screen. Touch seems fine for a capacitive screen, although I am hoping to see better technology in the future. The horizontal resolution is rather diminished by the task bar, but that is true for all devices.

3. Size, weight
It is too big to fit into a pocket, but you should know that. It can be held with one hand, but after a while you may wish to rest it on something.

4. Speed
Seems fine. Everything save for some flash based content loads at a comparable speed to a pc.

5. Camera
No flash or zoom. At the full 8mp it looks kind of blurry, but at say 2mp it looks fine, but most p&s cameras seem to be like this. (I use a DSLR) The front camera is ok for videochatting, but don't expect to be taking photos with it.

6. Sound
I am not an audiophile, but the speaker seems to be quite loud while still sounding good. Note that it is a mono speaker for all intents a purposes.

7. Buttons
Only 3 hard buttons kind of sucks, but such is life.

8. Sensors
GPS wifi and such all seem to work fine.