0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
RCA 32" 720p LCD/DVD Combo HDTV
$209.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

hotmetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotmetal

I just want a beard like that.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

Is it a TV with a built in DVD player, or a DVD player with a built in TV? This matters to me.

magicwiser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages magicwiser

I'm in for one only if the TV comes with the beard...

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

That man's beard is Discusting

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

grimskull89

Seems well received on Wal-Mart..

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/15907768/rca-32-class-lcd-720p-60hz-hdtv-dvd-combo-32la30rqd-reviews/reviews.htm

Certainly more reviews than the Amazon post above, +4 stars with 98 reviews.

thomas998

quality posts: 22 Private Messages thomas998

New 32 inch led Westinghouse TV on 1saleaday, also has free shipping. This is not led and not new, but has a DVD built in. In other words this is really not a good deal at all.

grimskull89

sandbar67 wrote:Is it a TV with a built in DVD player, or a DVD player with a built in TV? This matters to me.

Based on it's size, I'd wager the former :P

The latter would most likely result in an LCD that is probably the size of an Ipad.

grimskull89

Product page

http://tv.rca.com/product/features.asp?modelnum=32LA30RQD

There is a tab for specs and the manual :D

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
grimskull89 wrote:Seems well received on Wal-Mart..

WalMart, where the tech savvy buyers go.
Or not.

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

Does the TV swivel? If not, getting to the DVD player may be difficult if located in an entertainment center.

bowlofpunk3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bowlofpunk3

Only $10 more than Best Buy's "hot deal" on their 32" Dynex and this one has a built in DVD player. Considering... If I ever watched DVDs anymore, I'd be on this. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Is the Dog included?

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

You guys keep commenting about the beard, what about the puppy?

Can I have the woot dog? My wife has always wanted a dog...

grimskull89

StanleyS wrote:WalMart, where the tech savy buyers go.
Or not.

Well so far it has the most reviews I've come across, but certainly with anything you read on the internet your supposed to take it with a pinch of salt.

I am the president of the United States....

Seriously.

Here's some salt ;)

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Beards make good dog pillows.
true story.

ahfomike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahfomike

Who is this guy? Rasputin?

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Hmmmm, the ability to play DVDs without lots of wires?? no big box to move around and connect?????
Likey, likey. Now, how many of these bad boys do they have, or is it safe to wake till morning to pull the trigger???

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

The listing says this is a TV with Monitor capabilities. Does that mean that it will WORK as a monitor, or that it will take computer input.

I'm currently looking at (yes, it's on my desk) a Samsung T27A300, as my monitor, and it does that FLAWLESSLY. It also has a real good TV tuner in it, whenever I choose to watch TV. (1920 X 1280.)

Is this RCA that good?

steve

KennyZ308

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KennyZ308

If this had a Blue Ray player, I would be all over this Woot.....

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

My daughter has an LCD/DVD combo like this (not RCA) and it was practical until she put it in a TV Armoire, then the DVD was not practical. It was hard to get to and she had to move the TV each time she wanted to insert a DVD. Eventually she began using her computer with a USB cord and finally bought a blu-ray player. The blu-ray player really improved the quality of the picture. Unless you are planning to let kids put DVD's in the player, you are better off buying a low priced LCD for the quality and getting a low-priced blu-ray to use with it.

MissouriMomma

grimskull89

skou wrote:The listing says this is a TV with Monitor capabilities. Does that mean that it will WORK as a monitor, or that it will take computer input.

I'm currently looking at (yes, it's on my desk) a Samsung T27A300, as my monitor, and it does that FLAWLESSLY. It also has a real good TV tuner in it, whenever I choose to watch TV. (1920 X 1280.)

Is this RCA that good?

steve

From the product details

• RCA 31.5” viewable LCD HDTV features a crisp 1366 x 768 resolution and serves multi-purposes with features for video games, PC monitor and HDTV
  • HDMI combines uncompressed digital audio and video signals into a single cable for high-definition sources. Various types of inputs of the TV allow you easy connection to your devices such as a PC or a video game console

Yes but.... the resolution of this model is 1366 x 768.

It can do 1080i, but for some reason Woot! has it listed as 720p in the title?

Seems like a downgrade...

kerrkid14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrkid14
skou wrote:The listing says this is a TV with Monitor capabilities. Does that mean that it will WORK as a monitor, or that it will take computer input.

Is this RCA that good?

steve

The Aspect ratio on this is not that good. at 1326X628 i believe. It does connect to a computer via hdmi (sound and picture) or VGA (Just sound) with a separate audio input

rhausafus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhausafus
grimskull89 wrote:From the product details

• RCA 31.5” viewable LCD HDTV features a crisp 1366 x 768 resolution and serves multi-purposes with features for video games, PC monitor and HDTV
  • HDMI combines uncompressed digital audio and video signals into a single cable for high-definition sources. Various types of inputs of the TV allow you easy connection to your devices such as a PC or a video game console

I believe it accepts 1080i but will display 720p.

Robert A Hausafus

buttmunch007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttmunch007
grimskull89 wrote:From the product details

I hope this is a fakepost. But just in case...

1080i < 720p

Hooray for Google!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JXfyvlPh0

jandrese

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jandrese

Building in a strictly SD format (DVD) into a HD TV seems a bit silly. You could hook up a Blu-Ray player, but that would render the built-in DVD player redundant.

grimskull89

buttmunch007 wrote:I hope this is a fakepost. But just in case...

1080i < 720p

Hooray for Google!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JXfyvlPh0

You took it out of context, I was comparing this tv for sale to what "Steve" or Skou currently has.

The thing about the 1080i vs 720p was just a note, and in terms of resolutions:

1080i results in the resolution of 1920 x 1080

where as

720p results in a resolution of 1366 x 768 (or sometimes 1280 x 720)

Though, usually tvs (like this one) will input as 1080i and output as 720p.

Source -- http://hometheater.about.com/od/hometheatervideobasics/qt/The-Difference-Between-720p-And-1080i.htm

greatwhite35

quality posts: 7 Private Messages greatwhite35

UGH! RCA...Everything I ever bought that was RCA was junk. Just saying

[EDIT] So many refurbs ;)

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

Sounds like this is a TV with a (non-Blueray) DVD, that you can hook up to the computer.

BTDT, but not again.

I'm stickin' with my tiny Samaung real LED-LCD TV-Monitor! (Was only $300 at Costco this Christmas.)

steve

kjsw143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjsw143
thomas998 wrote:New 32 inch led Westinghouse TV on 1saleaday, also has free shipping. This is not led and not new, but has a DVD built in. In other words this is really not a good deal at all.

link?

NurseyC2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NurseyC2

You could buy it at walmart for $50 more and it is brand new and you would have a better warranty with it.
For the person who asked if it swivels, yes it does 30 degrees in each direction.

krabklaws

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krabklaws

So what, its not a 1080p hdtv. But it will work great in your master bedroom and your old lady can insert her workout dvd's while you watch basketball playoffs in the family room on a 65" to 75" 1080p hdtv on surround sound like men are supposed too.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
grimskull89 wrote:Seems well received on Wal-Mart..

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/15907768/rca-32-class-lcd-720p-60hz-hdtv-dvd-combo-32la30rqd-reviews/reviews.htm

Certainly more reviews than the Amazon post above, +4 stars with 98 reviews.

I don't trust most Walmart shoppers opinion's sorry to say. Amazon has 1 left, then up to $250.

Not what I need. If it was 37 to 42 for more money I would be inclined to buy 2 .
Off to Woot home and kids then zzzzzzzz's

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

TheRooter

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheRooter
kjsw143 wrote:link?

Use the keyword mentioned in any Internet search engine to locate the answer you seek.

$199.99 Westinghouse 32" Widescreen 720p HD LED TV w/ HDMI, 100,000:1 Contrast

--
Root

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I've read through all the preceding comments, and I have to say I'm left smack dab on the fence. Lukewarm...

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

I think I will go with an HDTV and an inexpensive blu-ray player that will also stream my online memberships. Regular DVD is just not worth it now.

ilumiari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilumiari

Having just moved from Australia to the US, all my favourite DVDs are region 4. Will it indeed play them?

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Wouldn't this be good for a college kid in a dorm room?