mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
keriabass wrote:you are sweet... I am glad you are my husband!!

Aww I'm getting all weepy here in front of 50 people

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

bdh008

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdh008

Is it too early to put our reference numbers into FedEx? I'm impatient.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
keviz2kul4u wrote:...., i have never seen someone put adventure crap so i cannot comment on that one

Adventure Crap was a really fun way the WootLords circumvented the buying bots by making us play a long and convoluted "maze" of an adventure game in order to get to the order page for the elusive Bundles of Clones once upon a time.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

kkh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkh1
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:OK, now I'm pissed. The website froze on me three times while I was trying to get my first ever Brick of Carbonite! Woot, you owe me big time!

Welcome to the world of Trying to Get a Brick of Carbonite. Woot owes you exactly nothing.

sgcduffman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sgcduffman
mikebbass wrote:To be fair It's crickee that was kind and generous with the initial offer this was just my way of saying thank you

Very true! Crickee you are amazing too!! I hope the two of you the best of luck in your future wooting!

RedDawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RedDawg

Woot, Really??? Not puting each 500 quantity iteration in its own space where they SHOULD appear in the blog listing just sux. Now we have to go through the stupidity of callng up "older" after "Older" pages until we finally get to the aggregated listing, just to see what the total sales have been and be able to enter comments (like this one!) AT LEAST put a "Last Page" (obviously for a given date) as a navigation option. [Edit: I see now that substituting a "guessed" page number in the URL field can get you to the Church faster, but you may still have to hunt a bit for the right pew.]

But more troubling, the fact that you are treating this as one gigantic sale, 500 units at a time, but then allowing users to effectively buy (apparently) up to five Blue Oyster Cults in one Woot-Off (and I'll bet there are some that did), simply goes against your policy of one and only one unit per sale. In effect, you are allowing buyers to, after closing the deal on one, go in and increase their order quantity, a situation that has long been prohibited.

Come on, it would be a simple matter to block multiple sales by limiting a given user name to one Breech of Contract per Woot-Off. Sure, some will create multiple accounts, so cross check against IP address, or CC number/PP account or, probably most effective, the computer peanut-butter jelly time address. You DO know how to do that don't you? One savvy programmer could probably set this up in a couple of hours at most; it's only 1's and 0's afterall. If somebody wants to create 5 diferent accounts, with 5 different credit cards, 5 different delivery addresses and use 5 different computers, I guess we can't stop them, but what ever happened to a sense of fair play? I've been a Woot customer since it first went on-line and I've been able to score exactly TWO Bridges Over Chasms in probably 50-60 attempts. What's wrong with this picture? Where is my loyalty award of some simple Basic Organic Concretions? [Edit #2: I see the server auto corrector must be a bit paranoid, replacing alphabet letters #13,1, and 3, which stand for Media Access Control, with "peanut-butter jelly time"?? Sheesh!]

ReginaFilangee

tomonline976 wrote:

....and gave people on the east coast a chance to buy one.

I would be interested in seeing a by-state percentage breakdown of Bundles of Clones purchases if Woot would do that, because it seems to me like this is MORE fair to the East Coast....and all time zones, it would seem.

bdh008

ReginaFilangee wrote:I would be interested in seeing a by-state percentage breakdown of Bundles of Clones purchases if Woot would do that, because it seems to me like this is MORE fair to the East Coast....and all time zones, it would seem.

Wow. That map does look interesting. I am one of the few from Washington to get one.

ReginaFilangee

tomonline976 wrote:Didnt hear about any followup on washing hands and wiping down the keyboard... EWWWWW

See....that's the thing. MY WAY (no wiping or flushing), the hands....and thus the keyboard....would remain clean and not NEED wiping......

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
RedDawg wrote:peanut-butter jelly time address.

Another Filter Win!

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346

In for 1!

Wait... what?

sgcduffman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sgcduffman

Did anyone read the Blog for this Crap "Crapvengers! Assemble!" I wonder if there is going to be something avengers related... though I hope it is not a Hulk smash button, already have one ;P

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
RedDawg wrote:Woot, Really??? Not puting each 500 quantity iteration in its own space where they SHOULD appear in the blog listing just sux. Now we have to go through the stupidity of callng up "older" after "Older" pages until we finally get to the aggregated listing, just to see what the total sales have been and be able to enter comments (like this one!) AT LEAST put a "Last Page" (obviously for a given date) as a navigation option.

But more troubling, the fact that you are treating this as one gigantic sale, 500 units at a time, but then allowing users to effectively buy (apparently) up to five Blue Oyster Cults in one Woot-Off (and I'll bet there are some that did), simply goes against your policy of one and only one unit per sale. In effect, you are allowing buyers to, after closing the deal on one, go in and increase their order quantity, a situation that has long been prohibited.

Come on, it would be a simple matter to block multiple sales by limiting a given user name to one Breech of Contract per Woot-Off. Sure, some will create multiple accounts, so cross check against IP address, or CC number/PP account or, probably most effective, the computer peanut-butter jelly time address. You DO know how to do that don't you? One savvy programmer could probably set this up in a couple of hours at most; it's only 1's and 0's afterall. If somebody wants to create 5 diferent accounts, with 5 different credit cards, 5 different delivery addresses and use 5 different computers, I guess we can't stop them, but what ever happened to a sense of fair play? I've been a Woot customer since it first went on-line and I've been able to score exactly TWO Bridges Over Chasms in probably 50-60 attempts. What's wrong with this picture? Where is my loyalty award of some simple Basic Organic Concretions?

Entitlement much? If they were EASY to get, they wouldn't be anywhere near as FUN to get. Where else do people get both excited and bitter about receiving what is explicitly stated as crap and, often, lives up to its billing perfectly? Don't hate on the ones who succeed in buying one, hate on the ones that get pallets of awesomeness. :D

/one account
//one payment method
///one billing address
////several F5 keys (mostly worn)

mikebbass

bdh008 wrote:Wow. That map does look interesting. I am one of the few from Washington to get one.

I got one in Washington (state) normally I get them form the area

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8
RedDawg wrote:Woot, ... so cross check against IP address, ...

Yeah, because all computers are assigned a static IP address that will never change, even if NAT'd through a firewall from an internal company network................

Oh wait, IPv6 might, but who uses that?

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8
kreegah wrote:...

/one account
//one payment method
///one billing address

Ditto......

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

ReginaFilangee

keriabass wrote:I am so glad everything made it all right and you LIKED IT!! It was fun!

Keri, you and that Mike dude with whom you share a life be good peoples.

kreegah

bdh008 wrote:Wow. That map does look interesting. I am one of the few from Washington to get one.

Except for Wyoming. Seriously, eff THOSE guys. :D

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
theant wrote:actually each segment of the Baggie's are five hundred each... a total of 5 segments so far this woot-off means a total of 2500 baggies... most folks say that will likely be all this time around, maybe one more set of 500 at most.

Makes sense. Since all the links to these comments, for each offering, go to the same place(PostID=5006035). The last woot-off had 6 offerings of Bags of Crap. So I kind of assumed this time may be the same. What is interesting is the count doesn't get updated with each offering. That would be logical, but this is Woot! isn't it. I guess I'll compare the first entry again to see if anything updates if they have another offering today. If your statement is true, there are even fewer BOCs then before. That would be sad.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

LLovely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LLovely
crickee wrote:---
Colonel Crap, I hope my post shows you what kind of wootizen mikebbass is and you take that into consideration when sending his rations. If you ever retire, Mike would make a wonderful replacement.

Mike, color me impressed. I appreciate you and will be bragging to all my friends about this special made Bundles of Clones Ive only been lucky enough to get two Bundles of Clones and this one by far surpasses both. You, sir, are awesome!

That is flat out awesome, I couldn't agree more with crickee. This world could use a few more people like Mikebbass.

Although I'm positive there was no hidden agenda, I truly hope Woot and The Colonel smile upon you this time around.

Well done Sir, well done!

jon98gn

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jon98gn
RedDawg wrote:Woot, Really??? Not puting each 500 quantity iteration in its own space where they SHOULD appear in the blog listing just sux. Now we have to go through the stupidity of callng up "older" after "Older" pages until we finally get to the aggregated listing, just to see what the total sales have been and be able to enter comments (like this one!) AT LEAST put a "Last Page" (obviously for a given date) as a navigation option.

Come on, it would be a simple matter to block multiple sales by limiting a given user name to one Breech of Contract per Woot-Off. Sure, some will create multiple accounts, so cross check against IP address, or CC number/PP account or, probably most effective, the computer peanut-butter jelly time address. You DO know how to do that don't you? One savvy programmer could probably set this up in a couple of hours at most; it's only 1's and 0's afterall. If somebody wants to create 5 diferent accounts, with 5 different credit cards, 5 different delivery addresses and use 5 different computers, I guess we can't stop them, but what ever happened to a sense of fair play? I've been a Woot customer since it first went on-line and I've been able to score exactly TWO Bridges Over Chasms in probably 50-60 attempts. What's wrong with this picture? Where is my loyalty award of some simple Basic Organic Concretions?

Actually woot does have the following restrictions:

- One Brick of Carbonite per account per woot-off. That's why they group it as 1 item because you are never allowed to buy the same item multiple times on Woot through multiple transactions. You can buy 1 or 2 or 3 items in one transaction. If you mess up, you have to call customer service and ask them to change your order to 1 or 2 or 3, but doesn't work on woot off's because they "sell out" of the item.
- Each account must have a unique payment method. If you create an extra account it can't have the same credit card number as another account
- If you need to order more than 1/2/3 of an item, you'll need to create another account with another payment method, which is how some people order multiple bags or multiple other offerings.
- Also it aggregates the community page because it is one item. I have no idea what you mean by last page of comments. It should give a range of the first few pages ..... then the last few pages to link from. Just click the last page number listed. Not sure why you would rather have it have 5 different community postings especially when all the bag orders go into a fulfillment blender.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
sgcduffman wrote:Very true! Crickee you are amazing too!! I hope the two of you the best of luck in your future wooting!

Thanks Sgcduffman. Speaking of Duff, My Homer Duff mousepad turned out to be one that belonged to an employee at Woot before it went to Mikebbass as crap. Funny huh? This mousepad deserves to be well traveled like a Gnome. Thanks to Mike, this will be the start of a Woot Chain Bundle Of Crayons. I'll save the mousepad and will include it in my own homemade Basket Of Critters in the near future. I may not have an inventory like mikebbass, since he's been wooting much longer than me, but I can pass on the kindness and crap of some kind. So I'll be watching and will choose the next victim...I mean lucky wooter soon. Hopefully that person will keep the chain alive (and not be too freaked out when I ask for their address)!

RAWR Imma Squarryl

ReginaFilangee

RedDawg wrote:
.... In effect, you are allowing buyers to, after closing the deal on one, go in and increase their order quantity, a situation that has long been prohibited.

Come on, it would be a simple matter to block multiple sales by limiting a given user name to one Breech of Contract per Woot-Off. ...

Ummmmm......
No, no one can go back and increase their order quantity.....because they DO limit any given username to one Bundles of Clones per wootoff.

Anyone who tries to buy again during another offering in the same wootoff gets the message "this account has already purchased this item" (or words to that effect---I don't recall exactly.) Several people have posted that happened to them, ThunderThighs even confirmed it as true (in this very thread), and I actually reflexively (out of habit and being caught off-guard, not out of greed) hit the buy button when it came up again after I'd scored during the 1st offering....and that's what the screen "told" me.

mikebbass

kreegah wrote:Entitlement much? If they were EASY to get, they wouldn't be anywhere near as FUN to get. Where else do people get both excited and bitter about receiving what is explicitly stated as crap and, often, lives up to its billing perfectly? Don't hate on the ones who succeed in buying one, hate on the ones that get pallets of awesomeness. :D

/one account
//one payment method
///one billing address

Same here, except for the f5 I was in an iPad using wootwatch which doesn't do anything but display what's on woot and auto update, so I kept hitting refresh and then hit the buy page as soon as it came up.

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

ReginaFilangee

I wasn't so much talking about the map as to see actual numbers, percentage-wise.

Edit: But Washington looks fairly GREEN to me???? Looks like y'all are getting at least your fair share.

rjanecek2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rjanecek2

I'm pretty excited. I've gotten 1 April Fools Crap and 4 Bags, but my brother has never been able to score one. Last month, my wife and I decided that we were going to try our tookuses off to score one to give him (unopened) for his birthday next month. After falling asleep at the computer last night at about 3:00am (CURSES!), I was trying from my laptop and she was trying from the iPad and she got one! Birthday crap scored!

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern

Dear woot!,

I just wanted to let you know that I love love love the new m.o. for ordering crap.

IMHO, you've really hit a winner with this method.

Gratefully yours,
wollern

ReginaFilangee

kreegah wrote:Except for Wyoming. Seriously, eff THOSE guys. :D

And Mississippi looks pretty black, too....but people from Mississippi are always pretty much in the dark anyway....

=P
(Apologies to any of my neighbors to the west who might be here, but I couldn't resist.)

And Arkansas, too. I have relatives in Arkansas, so I can attest personally that they're pretty much always in the dark on most things. ;-)

ReginaFilangee

friartek wrote: What is interesting is the count doesn't get updated with each offering. That would be logical, but this is Woot! isn't it.

Yes it does. The quantity has updated after each offering as to total B'O'C's sold thus far.
(Unless I'm just misunderstanding what you posted.)

bdh008

ReginaFilangee wrote:I wasn't so much talking about the map as to see actual numbers, percentage-wise.

Edit: But Washington looks fairly GREEN to me???? Looks like y'all are getting at least your fair share.

Haha oops, I got it backwards. But hey, now I see it's just poor East Coast! Numbers would be cool to see.

ReginaFilangee

jon98gn wrote:Actually woot does have the following restrictions:

- One Brick of Carbonite per account per woot-off. That's why they group it as 1 item because you are never allowed to buy the same item multiple times on Woot through multiple transactions. You can buy 1 or 2 or 3 items in one transaction. If you mess up, you have to call customer service and ask them to change your order to 1 or 2 or 3, but doesn't work on woot off's because they "sell out" of the item.
- Each account must have a unique payment method. If you create an extra account it can't have the same credit card number as another account
- If you need to order more than 1/2/3 of an item, you'll need to create another account with another payment method, which is how some people order multiple bags or multiple other offerings.
- Also it aggregates the community page because it is one item. I have no idea what you mean by last page of comments. It should give a range of the first few pages ..... then the last few pages to link from. Just click the last page number listed. Not sure why you would rather have it have 5 different community postings especially when all the bag orders go into a fulfillment blender.

Exactly!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
LLovely wrote:Although I'm positive there was no hidden agenda, I truly hope Woot and The Colonel smile upon you this time around.

Well done Sir, well done!

I'd bet money that there wasnt any hidden agenda. He had no clue that I would be all over the message boards with a full description of the situation and even a photo! I didnt even ask his permission to share the situation or tell him I got the package before I told everyone at once. I posted about it because I like people to be recognized when they're awesome. He(and Keri) deserved it. If the Colonel or Woot Gods arent able to recognize him for his actions in this woot community of ours, Karma will.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

mikebbass

jon98gn wrote:Actually woot does have the following restrictions:

LAWYERD!!!!!

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

mikeybabs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeybabs

I got one..! Very excited for it... My last bag I got a laptop... a nice one too

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
RedDawg wrote:Woot, Really??? Not puting each 500 quantity iteration in its own space where they SHOULD appear in the blog listing just sux. ............If somebody wants to create 5 diferent accounts, with 5 different credit cards, 5 different delivery addresses and use 5 different computers, I guess we can't stop them, but what ever happened to a sense of fair play? I've been a Woot customer since it first went on-line and I've been able to score exactly TWO Bridges Over Chasms in probably 50-60 attempts. What's wrong with this picture? Where is my loyalty award of some simple Basic Organic Concretions? [Edit #2: I see the server auto corrector must be a bit paranoid, replacing alphabet letters #13,1, and 3, which stand for Media Access Control, with "peanut-butter jelly time"?? Sheesh!]

I feel better now. It's not just me being cranky, others are getting irritable too. As to the autobotterator, it's helpless if you use Pig Latin. Agbay Ofa Apcray has slipped right through in past. Let's see if it's caught on yet...

ejohnson828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejohnson828
mikeybabs wrote:I got one..! Very excited for it... My last bag I got a laptop... a nice one too

Oooohhhh really?!?!?! I so so SO need a laptop! I've heard of the rumored, mythical tv crap but never a laptop. I would consider myself oh so blessed, Woot Gods, if you would find it in your wootful hearts to grace me with such a lovely item!

Wootfully yours,
Me

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
ejohnson828 wrote:Oooohhhh really?!?!?! I so so SO need a laptop! I've heard of the rumored, mythical tv crap but never a laptop. I would consider myself oh so blessed, Woot Gods, if you would find it in your wootful hearts to grace me with such a lovely item!

Wootfully yours,
Me

That TV was no myth. I got a Letter signed by ThreePieceWoot, then the TV arrived, and I'm watching the Rays game on it right now.

terriann3086

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriann3086

Yah! I finally scored one this round. Maybe this helped.

kreegah

Jessara wrote:That TV was no myth. I got a Letter signed by ThreePieceWoot, then the TV arrived, and I'm watching the Rays game on it right now.

You got a TV in one and you're getting irritable? I'll swap you the TV for a Winnie the Pooh singing toothbrush holder, a couple of pairs of girl's tights, three nerf balls and a nylon zippered lunchbag with a suspicious and likely toxic odor, which have been a rough assessment of my average take from my 8 bags in 4 years. :D

Also, there are many ways to circumvent the word filters, even for bags of crap.

stupidgts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupidgts

So all i have to do is quit my job and wait around until 2-4 pm for the Bundles of Clones

STUPIDGTS