ejohnson828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejohnson828
Jessara wrote:That TV was no myth. I got a Letter signed by ThreePieceWoot, then the TV arrived, and I'm watching the Rays game on it right now.

Oh wow, it's real!! There is magic in the world!! I only have my work laptop and don't have another so that's the one my son has to use to do homework, etc. It would be awesome to get something like that. So are you saying they just send you a letter first? I'd heard about getting a letter before too but I didn't know what it meant. Oh boy, I just love Woot! I can't wait to get my tracking number! Endless excitement and surprises!

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
stupidgts wrote:So all i have to do is quit my job and wait around until 2-4 pm for the Bundles of Clones

no. not anymore. woot! mxeid it all up on ya.

RedDawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RedDawg
jon98gn wrote:Actually woot does have the following restrictions:

I have no idea what you mean by last page of comments. It should give a range of the first few pages ..... then the last few pages to link from. Just click the last page number listed.

My bad. I have been approaching the Beam Override Capability metrics via the blog link, which can only be navigated one page at a time using the Newer/Older buttons. Obviously, the quicker approach is via the Community button, which also has the advantage of intergating each instance of Baboon Overachiever Certificates. So, in the time I've wasted in this rant, the fifth, and probably last Balloon Oval Creation has come and gone. It's a Bilious Omnicient Conspiracy, I tell you!

netboy34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netboy34
terriann3086 wrote:Yah! I finally scored one this round. Maybe this helped.

yea... didn't matter the last woot-off for me

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
RedDawg wrote:My bad. .... It's a Bilious Omnicient Conspiracy, I tell you!

You'd better duck before that black helicopter sees you! ;-)

May the Crap be with you all!!!

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
netboy34 wrote:yea... didn't matter the last woot-off for me

O_O;

Holy... crap.

I'd like to go on YouTube, Netflix and Call of Duty with your internet.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

mikeschrad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikeschrad
ejohnson828 wrote:I understand about the name being changed to something starting with B....O....C, but I'm referring to this post below where the person listed several different types of Crap that they got. Didn't know if this was an "official" thing or if they were just naming them differently themselves? Hence the curiosity about random vs. adventure vs Brick of Carbonite.
Thanks!

There have been many instances when woot puts up a "different" way to get a Bundles of Clones April fool's crap obviously was put up on April fool's day (though not this year), and had an associated "game" with it. The adventure crap was (I think) put up on woot's birthday last year, and you had to go through an entire adventure where you had to answer multiple choice questions, each answer leading to a different question and different item. You had to get the correct sequence of answers to find the Bundles of Clones The Santa crap was obviously put up on Christmas.

There were also some others, such as the crapshoot game, which when first revealed led to a Bundles of Clones if you made it through to the end, and the stock market crap, which was another birthday offering, where the last number of your order number had to match the last number of the stock market to receive a Bundles of Clones If it didn't you got woot-off lights and a coupon code.

I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten, and probably am not 100% accurate with my recollection above, but that should hopefully answer the question!

Edit:When you type Bundles of Clones at the end of a sentence it deletes the period. I'm not that bad of a typist!

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
crickee wrote:---
Perfect timing! I'm happy to say that lucky wootizen is me! Just when I was feeling a little bummed that I didnt get a Bundles of Clones this round(yet), I got a Bundles of Clones in the mail! I was in complete disbelief at what it contained.

So here's the story. Mikebbass had expressed his sadness in not getting a Woot calendar in his last Bundles of Clones I had an extra one I was not using and mailed it to him, no strings attached. He insisted on a return address so he may send me a homemade Bundles of Clones as a reflection of his gratitude. Not sure what I expected maybe some bottom of the barrel bad craps from his previous Bundles of Clones. Maybe a What the Force type item to give me a good laugh. I wasnt expecting much, I mean come on I paid 1 cent for the calendar so you can imagine my surprise when I got the following:

1 Red Duffle bag
1 Tabletop tripod
1 Homer Simpson mouse pad
1 Pioneer Xm radio with remote
1 Green latex balloon
1 Polar bear toy figure
2 Cupcake lipgloss vanilla
1 Cupcake lipgloss chocolate
1 Pumpkin shaped eraser
1 Bacon flavor lipgloss
1 Do & Discover e-flask slime lab
5 FRS healthy energy chews
1 Kids night out bingo game
2 Spitball Decisions Dartpad
1 Spitball Excuses Dartpad
1 10% off coupon for www.toocutecustomcrafts.etsy.com (Thanks Keri!)
1 Woot Monkey w/cape
1 80Gb Zune

You know there are some really amazing people out there. A Texas girl just found some all the way in PA, thanks to Woot.

Colonel Crap, I hope my post shows you what kind of wootizen mikebbass is and you take that into consideration when sending his rations. If you ever retire, Mike would make a wonderful replacement.

Mike, color me impressed. I appreciate you and will be bragging to all my friends about this special made Bundles of Clones Ive only been lucky enough to get two Bundles of Clones and this one by far surpasses both. You, sir, are awesome!

Wow, and to think, I mailed out two calendars and a recycled Gwen's Nest bag and I just got some well appreciated "thank you's" :D

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

ejohnson828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejohnson828
mikeschrad wrote:There have been many instances when woot puts up a "different" way to get a Bundles of Clones April fool's crap obviously was put up on April fool's day (though not this year), and had an associated "game" with it. The adventure crap was (I think) put up on woot's birthday last year, and you had to go through an entire adventure where you had to answer multiple choice questions, each answer leading to a different question and different item. You had to get the correct sequence of answers to find the Bundles of Clones The Santa crap was obviously put up on Christmas.

There were also some others, such as the crapshoot game, which when first revealed led to a Bundles of Clones if you made it through to the end, and the stock market crap, which was another birthday offering, where the last number of your order number had to match the last number of the stock market to receive a Bundles of Clones If it didn't you got woot-off lights and a coupon code.

I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten, and probably am not 100% accurate with my recollection above, but that should hopefully answer the question!

You answered my question wonderfully well! Thank you! I'm relatively new to Woot, although I'm officially an addict, but I felt a little out of the loop about some of it.

Thank you!

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
wollern wrote:no. not anymore. woot! mxeid it all up on ya.

Right. Now you just have to stay up until 3am before work to get one and then get fired for napping on the job.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89

Wow.... my jaw dropped and I was in awe for a few moments...

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard
dessndave wrote:wow wootalizer didn't even notify me of this.
I got mine about 8hrs ago I imagine it was.
Would love a few more lol

Mine didn't either, but I noticed the popup. And found that I could only order once - it's considered the same sale.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

MWPollard

drgandalf wrote:Funny, I've never had a problem typing BOC or Bag of Crap.

joshobra wrote:I see what you did there.

At that, I had to click Reply to see. Awesome idea, which obviously works.

MWPollard

Somebody must work for the university system at or near the main office...

I've applied for several jobs with BoR, even got a phone interview once, but no job yet. I'd like one located at UGA, since I used to live within commute distance of there. I'll keep trying.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

@crowsnest531

papapearce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages papapearce

Ha! Where I come from in the Time-Space Continuum, those speeds are considered..how do you say, slow?

But, I suppose in the context of this era in time, that would be considered quite speedy..even mind blowing. I would say Revolutionary, but I'm unsure if the year has passed yet where Apple's Marketing department charges money for every time it is used :D

ReginaFilangee

bsmith1 wrote:Right. Now you just have to stay up until 3am before work to get one and then get fired for napping on the job.

Nope, it's divided up into different offerings during different times on different days, in an attempt to "reach" as many hopefuls as possible who all have different personal/school/work schedules.

kkh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkh1
RedDawg wrote:But more troubling, the fact that you are treating this as one gigantic sale, 500 units at a time, but then allowing users to effectively buy (apparently) up to five Blue Oyster Cults in one Woot-Off (and I'll bet there are some that did), simply goes against your policy of one and only one unit per sale. In effect, you are allowing buyers to, after closing the deal on one, go in and increase their order quantity, a situation that has long been prohibited.

I had the exact same thought a few months ago when they first introduced this new system - it allows people to create multiple accounts and get multiple Bundles of Clones. I fully expected the people who bot to do that, making it even harder for us real humans to get them.

RedDawg wrote:[Edit #2: I see the server auto corrector must be a bit paranoid, replacing alphabet letters #13,1, and 3, which stand for Media Access Control, with "peanut-butter jelly time"?? Sheesh!]

I wondered what that was about. Even weirder is that in this reply pane where it has your original message and I'm typing my reply it has what you originally typed, not the peanut butter and jelly part.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

I'm probably not one to say anything since I did get a Brick of Carbonite, but there have been plenty of times when I haven't, so here goes...

Woot doesn't owe anyone anything. If you didn't get a bag, try again next time. Please don't get mad at Woot. They don't play favorites, they aren't out to get you, and there's no conspiracy to give bags to certain people. It's just the luck of the draw. Really.

Note: I don't work for Woot, I've never received anything earth shattering in a bag, and I'm not angling to get anything special. I just want to provide a bit of perspective.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Woot found an email confirmation even though I only got errors after the large gold button! 3 for the last 3 wooo hooo

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

bsmith1

ReginaFilangee wrote:Nope, it's divided up into different offerings during different times on different days, in an attempt to "reach" as many hopefuls as possible who all have different personal/school/work schedules.

Yes, yes, I know. 2 of those offerings were in the middle of the night when you'd probably have the best shot at it since most folks (like me) were sleeping for work in the morning.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
peaceetc wrote:I'm probably not one to say anything since I did get a Brick of Carbonite, but there have been plenty of times when I haven't, so here goes...

Woot doesn't owe anyone anything. If you didn't get a bag, try again next time. Please don't get mad at Woot. They don't play favorites, they aren't out to get you, and there's no conspiracy to give bags to certain people. It's just the luck of the draw. Really.

Note: I don't work for Woot, I've never received anything earth shattering in a bag, and I'm not angling to get anything special. I just want to provide a bit of perspective.

+1

I agree on all points.

ReginaFilangee

kkh1 wrote:I had the exact same thought a few months ago when they first introduced this new system - it allows people to create multiple accounts and get multiple Bundles of Clones. I fully expected the people who bot to do that, making it even harder for us real humans to get them.

People have always had to opportunity/ability to do that, and have even bragged about it in the forums. Doesn't make it right, but if people are gonna cheat, they'll figure out a way to do it no matter what. Personally, I think Woot has done well with outsmarting many of those who have cheated the system (and therefore the rest of us) out of it for a long time. YMMV.

P.S. In order to have 5 separate accounts, one would have to have 5 different methods of payment. (Addresses, too????) I think only a very small (and exceptionally greedy) percentage of people could do that. People like that suck big donkey danglers.

<---another wooter with one name, one address, one payment method on file, and only one account.

pegwhipped

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pegwhipped

so are all the Bundles of Clones gone?

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

So is this a 2500 bag campaign or 3000.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

ReginaFilangee

bsmith1 wrote:Yes, yes, I know. 2 of those offerings were in the middle of the night when you'd probably have the best shot at it since most folks (like me) were sleeping for work in the morning.

You're talking about only 2 (out of 5-6) offerings, so I don't get the complaint. This way gives a fair shot to those who are awake at that time because they have to sleep all DAY in order to get ready for work that night. That's a LOT of people who previously had absolutely zero chance. (Believe it or not, not everyone is allowed to go online while they are at work---because they are WORKING.)

It mixes it up so MORE PEOPLE OVERALL have a chance. That was my point.

helenhalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helenhalla
ReginaFilangee wrote:Anyone who tries to buy again during another offering in the same wootoff gets the message "this account has already purchased this item" (or words to that effect---I don't recall exactly.) Several people have posted that happened to them, ThunderThighs even confirmed it as true

For me, getting the message that "Your account has already purchased this sale" is the most common way for me to find out that I actually succeeded in getting a Bag of Crap. The usual sequence is: Hit the BUY button, hit the stupidly large button, then either get a "Just a minute" page that never resolves or a server crash page. I then go to another window and try again, which would be when the message appears.

ReginaFilangee

peaceetc wrote:I'm probably not one to say anything since I did get a Brick of Carbonite, but there have been plenty of times when I haven't, so here goes...

^^^This!!!

It's just a (really) fun "game" to "play"---nothing more/nothing less.

nhylandl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nhylandl

I always miss it by less than a minute. A woot lasts long, i go off and do stuff and when i come back i click on community and its always the previous item. One day Bundles of Clones..one day...

bsmith1

ReginaFilangee wrote:
P.S. In order to have 5 separate accounts, one would have to have 5 different methods of payment. (Addresses, too????) I think only a very small (and exceptionally greedy) percentage of people could do that.

It's pretty easy. Address doesn't matter. Just has to be a unique woot account and a unique payment method. So, really, the payment method is the only thing stopping people. If I were so inclined, I could easily create a woot account for each of the following.
1 x PayPal Account
1 x Bank Card
3 x Credit Cards
Then, I could buy the Bundles of Clones with one account and move on to the next. Splitting the Bundles of Clones sale up as they've done as made it easier for people to do this. Prior to now, the only easy way to do this was when it was on xmas or April 1st and they had some trick you had to figure out. That gave you time to switch accounts.
Also, you can have a different browser open for each woot account. That way, you're already logged in in each account and you just need click buy on each browser.

In fact, couldn't a person create unlimited PayPal accounts all tied to the same bank account? Then they could have unlimited woot accounts, right?

ReginaFilangee

bsmith1 wrote:Yes, yes, I know. 2 of those offerings were in the middle of the night when you'd probably have the best shot at it since most folks (like me) were sleeping for work in the morning.

P.S. Personally, I'm a surgeon, and normally would have been long asleep by the time I got mine this go-round, which was on the first night, after 1am (2am?--I don't recall), which was only my 3rd since 2005, btw. Haven't snagged one in recent years AT ALL. I had to work the next day (yesterday), too---but happened to be up late dictating reports, and had already noticed a bit of a "pattern" in when they are likely to come up, so I watched for it. I happen to be off today, and so am just enjoying watching others get theirs. :D

bsmith1

ReginaFilangee wrote:You're talking about only 2 (out of 5-6) offerings, so I don't get the complaint...

No complaint. Just saying no need to quit job like the person I replied to said. They just need to stay up late and get fired for it.
I see you have seniority over me. You think you know everything...how many Bundles of Clones have you scored? Bet I have more... especially if I include my other accounts. Just kidding! I'm on your side, let's play nice.

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346

Yep.

Wait... what?

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
ReginaFilangee wrote:People have always had to opportunity/ability to do that, and have even bragged about it in the forums. Doesn't make it right, but if people are gonna cheat, they'll figure out a way to do it no matter what. Personally, I think Woot has done well with outsmarting many of those who have cheated the system (and therefore the rest of us) out of it for a long time. YMMV.

P.S. In order to have 5 separate accounts, one would have to have 5 different methods of payment. (Addresses, too????) I think only a very small (and exceptionally greedy) percentage of people could do that. People like that suck big donkey danglers.

<---another wooter with one name, one address, one payment method on file, and only one account.

Yeah, it's not unheard of... (Look at the Humble Bundle + Steam Christmas Sale Mess...) but it takes a lot of effort to buy extra Bundles of Clones and get even more crap you didn't really need/want.

Himoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Himoe

Nope, I'm pretty sure Paypal checks payment methods too. Paypal won't let you set up two accounts with the same payment method.

ReginaFilangee

bsmith1 wrote:No complaint. Just saying no need to quit job like the person I replied to said. They just need to stay up late and get fired for it.
I see you have seniority over me. You think you know everything...how many Bundles of Clones have you scored? Bet I have more... especially if I include my other accounts. Just kidding! I'm on your side, let's play nice.

Oh, I was trying to play nice (hence the smilies, etc.)----just wasn't sure I was understanding you. I didn't realize your "stay up late and get fired for it" comment was meant tongue-in-cheek. I thought you were being serious, and there's just no need for people to stay up late and get fired for it with this new method, since there are many other opportunities to score. Prior to this, I was always working when they'd come up, and would therefore miss out---so I bet you do have more than I do. Nope, I (certainly!) don't know everything (=P), but I do know that this way is MUCH more fair to MANY more people, across the board. I may not be right about that, but the woot community overall seems to agree. *shrug*

Edit:
P.S. Just please don't bang me over the head with that hatchet/hammer thing you have raised in your hand. *cowers and trembles*

bsmith1

ReginaFilangee wrote:Oh, I was trying to play nice (hence the smilies, etc.)----

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
ReginaFilangee wrote:Oh, I was trying to play nice (hence the smilies, etc.)----just wasn't sure I was understanding you. I didn't realize your "stay up late and get fired for it" comment was meant tongue-in-cheek. I thought you were being serious, and there's just no need for people to stay up late and get fired for it with this new method, since there are many other opportunities to score. Prior to this, I was always working when they'd come up, and would miss out---so I bet you do have more than I do. Nope, I don't know everything (=P), but I do know that this way is more fair to more people. I may not be right about that, but the woot community overall seems to agree. *shrug*

I'm ok with a few d-bags getting 2-3 in a single woot-off if it means that people who work away from their computers get a shot at them too. Heck, I got mine in the middle of the night because of the wootalyzer alarm. (Very scary... I don't think I'll be doing it again.) I know a fair amount of people who have to work second shift and have 0 chance to ever get them the old way.

ReginaFilangee

bsmith1 wrote:

I ain't convinced....Here I am offering you a yummy (not poisoned, I swear!) plate of sketti w/ big ol' meatballs, and you're still threatening me with those shifty eyes and that hatchet of yours....
*sobs*

ReginaFilangee

woocls wrote:I'm ok with a few d-bags getting 2-3 in a single woot-off if it means that people who work away from their computers get a shot at them too. Heck, I got mine in the middle of the night because of the wootalyzer alarm. (Very scary... I don't think I'll be doing it again.) I know a fair amount of people who have to work second shift and have 0 chance to ever get them the old way.

I agree.
Thank your for your support.
Please mail your generous monetary donation to my campaign to.....

=P