Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
kreegah wrote:You got a TV in one and you're getting irritable? I'll swap you the TV for a Winnie the Pooh singing toothbrush holder, a couple of pairs of girl's tights, three nerf balls and a nylon zippered lunchbag with a suspicious and likely toxic odor, which have been a rough assessment of my average take from my 8 bags in 4 years. :D

Also, there are many ways to circumvent the word filters, even for bags of crap.

I reserve the right to be irritated (wait till YOU learn All About Your Sacroiliac) but it's hard to top the lunchbag. I did get a used practical joke calculator that had a water squirter inside. ThunderThighs had to tell me what it was.

storbinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages storbinc

I scored me my 1st ever Bundles of Clones

wooters.us opens the buy page for you but you still need to be at your computer when it pops up, & even after getting to the large gold button it still fails most of the time.

GOTS TO BE FAST ON THE TRIGGER & PRAY TO THE WOOT G_Ds FOR CRAPPY STUFF

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
ejohnson828 wrote:Oh wow, it's real!! There is magic in the world!! I only have my work laptop and don't have another so that's the one my son has to use to do homework, etc. It would be awesome to get something like that. So are you saying they just send you a letter first? I'd heard about getting a letter before too but I didn't know what it meant. Oh boy, I just love Woot! I can't wait to get my tracking number! Endless excitement and surprises!

First you get your Basket Of Carnations, then you dig down, down, down to the bottom of the box, and you see a white envelope with 'The Letter' written on it. Then you get a separate shipment of anything from a pallet of car wax to a used arcade game. See this page: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4033057&PageIndex=90&ReplyCount=4257#post4057967

jon98gn

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jon98gn

Welp changing the subject since I was lucky enough to get one from the first batch, I decided to compile my Woot! stats (slow day at work).

I have made the following:

48 Woot.com purchases( 11 Bags)
1 Home.woot purchase
6 Kids.woot purchases
11 Shirt.woot purchases (4 Randoms. I think I've only worn 2 of the 12 randoms I've received. Ouch!)
13 Sellout.woot purchases

Total Purchases: 79
Total Woot Wage: $3,328.72 excluding shipping
First Woot: Pinnacle HD Pro Stick (5/16/2008)
Latest Woot: Brick of Cryptonite (5/21/2012)

Worst Woot: Too many to count but here are a few I never use
- BBQ Grill Light
- Energizer Energi To Go iPod/Iphone Battery Charger (thanks Apple for changing your power pins making it worthless for anything north of 4th generation)
- Golf Scope Distance Finder
- DigiPro 8"x6" USB Graphics Tablet with Cordless Pen
- Cusinart Mix It In Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
- Lumix Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Best Woots:
- Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Bluetooth
- SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Tuner
- Pfaltzgraff Wave 4 Setting Flateware 20-piece set
- M-Audio Studiophile AV40
- Phillips 32" 720p LCD HDTV

Best Item in Random Basket: 77 piece flatware set
Worst Items in Random Basket: Everything else. No Seriously they were horribly awesome from a Dr. Laura Talking Doll to a Pico Projector cardboard foldout screen to a 3D 35 mm camera where you can't get the film processed any more.

Things that would please me in my baggie that I wont get
1. Panasonic Lumix point and shoot camera
2. 32" television or larger
3. 32 GB HP TouchPad refurb

\

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

So not only does this Zune Mikebbass sent me work but it has 1,342 songs on it. This Brick of Carbonite keeps getting better and better! Matter of fact, Im pretty certain this is false advertising cause I have yet to see any crap. Wait...maybe the latex balloon has a hole in it....

Nope tested and holds air just fine! That settles it, Im re-namming this a bag of awesome.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
crickee wrote:Matter of fact, Im pretty certain this is false advertising cause I have yet to see any crap. Wait...maybe the latex balloon has a hole in it....

Worst I've seen so far was an air mattress with a hole and some non-functioning electronics.

And my last Brick of Carbonite, there was a ab-workout DVD left inside the DVD player. Lol.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
crickee wrote:So not only does this Zune Mikebbass sent me work but it has 1,342 songs on it. This Brick of Carbonite keeps getting better and better! Matter of fact, Im pretty certain this is false advertising cause I have yet to see any crap. Wait...maybe the latex balloon has a hole in it....

Nope tested and holds air just fine! That settles it, Im re-namming this a bag of awesome.

Please don't judge me on my 1,300 weird Al titles

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

bdh008

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bdh008
    mikebbass wrote:Please don't judge me on my 1,300 weird Al titles

Only 1300?? Man you have to get his extended albums. Who could forget the Complete Reworkings of Van Halen?? Or his Covers of famous Cover Band songs?

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
    crickee wrote:So not only does this Zune Mikebbass sent me work but it has 1,342 songs on it. This Brick of Carbonite keeps getting better and better! ...

Go ahead and praise him now...until you find out what he really wanted your return address for. Oh, and that Zune? Probably full of viruses. I sure hope you didn't connect it to your computer.

mikebbass

bsmith1 wrote:Go ahead and praise him now...until you find out what he really wanted your return address for. Oh, and that Zune? Probably full of viruses. I sure hope you didn't connect it to your computer.

Infected by Weird Al, bad 80's music and possibly some show tunes....again, don't judge

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

qreply

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qreply

Well I got in on mine this morning, This will be my second Bundles of Clones - the last one I got was in 2008 and I still have my Roboraptor from it.

I wasn't running any alert programs and was actually fast asleep late last night, My dog was going ape The Force barking at what I found out later was a 'possum outside.

Well by that point I was up so I go hit refresh on Woot and there it was. I hit the button and figured it would be a no go, the bar was already at half.

As it's loading I wonder - Do I have the right 3 digit code, I better check so I go running for my wallet and get back in time to put it in.

Thanks Woot, I have tried quite a few times since my first one and I'm happy I have one coming no matter what it is.

emmyhatesyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmyhatesyou

So, wootbot doesn't say it's sold out, think there's anymore?

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

the next 500 should be the last batch. 3000 is the most they sell.

It will also be my only chance to get one this woot-off now that I'm working again.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

o0ginger0o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages o0ginger0o
    bsmith1 wrote:It's pretty easy. Address doesn't matter. Just has to be a unique woot account and a unique payment method. So, really, the payment method is the only thing stopping people. If I were so inclined, I could easily create a woot account for each of the following.
    1 x PayPal Account
    1 x Bank Card
    3 x Credit Cards
    Then, I could buy the Bundles of Clones with one account and move on to the next. Splitting the Bundles of Clones sale up as they've done as made it easier for people to do this. Prior to now, the only easy way to do this was when it was on xmas or April 1st and they had some trick you had to figure out. That gave you time to switch accounts.
    Also, you can have a different browser open for each woot account. That way, you're already logged in in each account and you just need click buy on each browser.

In fact, couldn't a person create unlimited PayPal accounts all tied to the same bank account? Then they could have unlimited woot accounts, right?

You can't tie multiple Paypal accounts to the same bank account. However, you can add, like 7 email addresses, or something like that, to one Paypal account. So, really you could use the same Paypal account for multiple purchases, using the different email addresses. And, that's of course not accounting for how many debit or credit cards a person might have. If I were really so inclined, I believe I have 4 email addresses listed in my Paypal account, my debit card from my credit union, and my Paypal debit card. That's 6 potential orders right there, if I really felt like spending $48 on gambling for crap.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
    o0ginger0o wrote:You can't tie multiple Paypal accounts to the same bank account. However, you can add, like 7 email addresses, or something like that, to one Paypal account. So, really you could use the same Paypal account for multiple purchases, using the different email addresses. And, that's of course not accounting for how many debit or credit cards a person might have. If I were really so inclined, I believe I have 4 email addresses listed in my Paypal account, my debit card from my credit union, and my Paypal debit card. That's 6 potential orders right there, if I really felt like spending $48 on gambling for crap.

It checks CC/Debit card numbers and Paypal accounts when you check out. So it doesn't matter how many woot accounts you have if you still only have 1 paypal account.

o0ginger0o

woocls wrote:It checks CC/Debit card numbers and Paypal accounts when you check out. So it doesn't matter how many woot accounts you have if you still only have 1 paypal account.

I'v never tried, so I don't know. I just know I've gotten away with ordering "one per person" things on other sites, using the different email addresses listed in my Paypal account, since I can login with each one like it's a separate account.

mikebbass

Is the topic of how many accounts someone might have really worth all the discussions? It's still hard as hell to get a Bundles of Clones , sure they are buckin the system to get more than one, but it doesn't change their chances of getting one. On top of that even if the system allows 90 accounts with 90 payment methods, but they all go to 1 address, I am pretty sure that address is certain to receive the smallest worst crap imaginable.

To sum up, don't be Jeannie from Ferris Beuller

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

o0ginger0o

mikebbass wrote:Is the topic of how many accounts someone might have really worth all the discussions? It's still hard as hell to get a Bundles of Clones , sure they are buckin the system to get more than one, but it doesn't change their chances of getting one. On top of that even if the system allows 90 accounts with 90 payment methods, but they all go to 1 address, I am pretty sure that address is certain to receive the smallest worst crap imaginable.

To sum up, don't be Jeannie from Ferris Beuller

I would love to see someone who's manipulating the system for multiple craps get 3 boxes full of jock straps or something.

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

On the topic of multiple craps... I hope woot doesn't base who gets what on if a single address gets multiple craps, or at least does it with some discretion.

Over the last year or so I've got a few family members and roommates into woot and they now also check woot, especially for woot-offs and Bundles of Clones. It never was even a concern in my mind since whenever we've got multiple craps on the same day, it was obvious that we were individual people and didn't "cheat."

But now with Bundles of Clones coming up multiple times during a woot-off its much easier and indeed 4 of us have got in on this current Bundles of Clones . Thats two people each at two different addresses. Would it be fair to punish us? We're all just as big of woot fans as most anyone else... it's just easier for us all to score our own Bundles of Clones now.

I'm not sure where I planned to go with this. I just hope we don't get the same crap or punished some other way because that's not fun. Its not always black and white as far as who cheated and who didn't.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
    mikebbass wrote:.....even if the system allows 90 accounts with 90 payment methods, but they all go to 1 address, I am pretty sure that address is certain to receive the smallest worst crap imaginable.

I would imagine that an unusually high number of craps going to the same address (more than could be accounted for by spouses/teenagers with their own accounts) would trigger some sort of notification in Woot's computer system to at least garner closer scrutiny....and think it would be a hoot if they rec'd some actual (real) crap. If it wasn't illegal to send that through the mail, that is. But maybe they could get a used toothbrush, some paper clips, or a single shoe (with no mate), etc.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

Again, I could certainly be wrong, but I just don't think very many people would go to that much trouble to get multiple craps under several different accounts.

I, for one, LOVE the new order of things brought about by Colonel Crap. <---blatant and shameless attempt at sucking up in the hopes of getting "the one"---or at least just a really good one.

rude1979us

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rude1979us
    rude1979us wrote:I got a ß.Ø.Ç. last year on my birthday and I'm going to have one this year too!

Woot!

Since this is going to be my birthday/fathersday gift I wouldn't mind a 32"+ LCD TV ;-)

o0ginger0o

ReginaFilangee wrote:Again, I could certainly be wrong, but I just don't think very many people would go to that much trouble to get multiple craps under several different accounts.

I'm personally far too lazy and broke for all that.

lordbowen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages lordbowen
    acraigl wrote:An early (late?) present to me... birthday is Saturday the 26th. Nice to have something to look forward to!

That makes (at least) two of us. Happy Woot Birthday to you and me. Maybe we'll get cake in our Bundles of Clones. Yeah, that's it. Banana cake with monkeys on top.

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346

Hey Woot, thanks, I'm pretty psyched to get a BoCee this time. Looking forward to it!

Wait... what?

ReginaFilangee

GO GET IT, Y'ALL!!!!!

Edit: *wonders if they timed it to coincide with the American Idol winner announcement on purpose*

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000

Ha another one!

Already got my *1*, I am happy.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

You're lucky Woot only allows one order per Woot-Off otherwise I'd have scored another one! >:-)

JohnBaruba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnBaruba

GOT ONE! :D

Although, the order pages looked like they were made in the 90s because the pages weren't loading correctly xD

dmmdmustang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmmdmustang

Oh, my Galaxy! I got one woot is the best!!!

bricemoak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bricemoak

YES my first Bundles of Clones!!

ntrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntrace

Got my confirmation! Been trying for over a year, finally!

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

Just snagged me a bag. WHOO HOO! I mean WOOT!!!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

ItsMorph

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ItsMorph

dagnabbit!

I stayed up. Again.

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
    bweltmer wrote:Yet again foiled by the error screen Arggghhh

Ditto

runks7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runks7

yaa i got one

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

Oh yeah. #14 (I think.)

basric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basric

I see the mass server errors have returned.

elite3k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elite3k

yeahhh!!! Woot! got one.