sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92
dabills22 wrote:So.. where is the infamous Crap number 3,000?!

what if they blow everyone's mind and put up another 1001???

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1
timg wrote:I'm not sure which god I pissed off, but I must have pissed off at least one.

4 bags of crap, 3 showed up when I was unavoidably away from the computer, and the other one got nothing but server errors.

the only crap i've managed to get was one of the ones that required solving some puzzle before you could buy one. if it's just a "fastest click", then the server gods frown on me.

Exact same thing for me. I KNEW that a bag would show up during my doctor's appointment, but there was nothing I could do. (And, of course it did). Another showed up during dinner plans, and the other one I missed happened before I got my turn on the only PC with internet access at work. Finally, I got a chance but since my phone sucks it refused to access the internet. Someday I will score one, and I will be happy to finally succeed. Until then, congrats to all who scored a Bundles of Clones

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
mmkjc23 wrote:It's like our elections now - rigged. If they don't want you to have one, you will not ever ever get one. It's that simple.

Well, you gotta face the fact that there are A LOT of users in every single state trying to grab one of the 2500+ bags at once. Yes it will slow the severs down, think of it like ten people trying to ask you a question at once and you need to come up with an answer immediately, now that's overwhelming!

(gotta click on the picture for the whole thing)

Just a little perspective, that Woot gets nearly two million unique visitors a month. And it's ranked like #155 in the Alexa ranking, now that's REALLY popular.

Just try harder next time.. come up with a plan, and keep your hopes up!

Okay, so I guess I saw the severs crash a little this time around.. I'm guessing theres A LOT more people nowadays since school is over (for universities, at least) and vacation is around the corner. And it's pretty inevitable that new people are always signing up for the site with the same dreams as we all do, to get the king of crap.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89
dabills22 wrote:So.. where is the infamous Crap number 3,000?!

I was thinking they hid it someplace... but alas I cannot find it.

Though even if I could find it, I cannot buy another one :/

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu
sellbuyer92 wrote:what if they blow everyone's mind and put up another 1001???

THIS! Please?

sselluoss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sselluoss

Can't believe they did another sale of random Brick of Carbonite. Since everyone thought they were done, they threw it in to mix it up. Very nice, and makes sense seeing as they put them out early in the woot-off.
Congrats to those who got some.

joshobra

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I forgot to fill up my debit card all week and just got this e-mail.

Well that just sucks! Lol.

grimskull89

quality posts: 11 Private Messages grimskull89
joshobra wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I forgot to fill up my debit card all week and just got this e-mail.

Well that just sucks! Lol.

Need to go deposit some money to avoid the overdraft fee before some of your purchases have time to process!

skg574

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skg574
mmkjc23 wrote:It's like our elections now - rigged. If they don't want you to have one, you will not ever ever get one. It's that simple.

For this last backstabbing orifice of clownguts I got to the order processing page - yes, THE PAGE with the imbecilic exclamation point acting like a clock - and after it went around and around and around many times it finally told me that my order did NOT go through and that there was something wrong with my PayPal account. Well I've bought 3 (THREE) (III) other woots in this woot-off with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS and those went through just fine, of course. There is nothing wrong with my PP account at all. But if I really get this close to a Bundles of Clones??? No friggin way am I allowed to have THAT. So let's give him some kind of bull story about his PayPal account. Yeah, that'll teach him!

I have wooted for years, gotten quite a few bags (all typical, whatever everyone else gets, I do too) and missed quite a few bags (those all would have been letters) as well. That is the way it goes.

This time my wife wanted her own, so I set her up an account. She not only appears to have gotten one, but it was also her very first woot purchase. I would not call that rigged.

dabills22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dabills22

Looks like there's only 2,999!

Hey, Woot Staff, feel free to ship the extra crap my way ;)

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92

2999 it is then...well you kids have fun..

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

kp1153

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kp1153

Well played, woot!

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

Welp, guess that makes me the wooter to blame, sorry folks... (if only I hadn't typed my password wrong once...)

stephenjacobhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenjacobhall

There's a number 3000. I will find it.

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna

Another great woot-off in the bag.

My Mom missed out on her first Brazen Old Cow by a skosh each time. That did not stop her from becoming a convert, though.

I shall present her with mine upon it's arrival.

Good night, woot!

joshobra

grimskull89 wrote:Need to go deposit some money to avoid the overdraft fee before some of your purchases have time to process!

Yup! That's what I just did. I could've sworn I had more money.. then I just remembered I just paid $16 at Taco Bell today. Thank goodness for the e-mail alerts!

Actually, I remember having to pay an overdraft fee once when I first got my debit card from going short at Office Depot with no alert, pretty weird.

Anyways, I'm off to bed now! Good night Woots!

kellymo34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellymo34

Ok, it happened hours ago now, but I'm still so excited about the fact that I finally- seriously it's been years of trying- got my first Bungle of Chrysanthemums. First woot order was in February 2008. Timing has been off by minutes for years, but today, thank you woot. I feel like I won a major reward, like the old man's leg lamp.

It's a little fun thing, a box of opportunity and the mystery yet to be revealed. I'm psyched and thank you WOOT for having made 2,999 people as psyched as I am right now.

Happy woot-off everybody!

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Another fairly smooth Phase 1. I think almost everyone likes the new format of multiple small portions of the Bags. Now for the week-long lull while we wait for Woot! to actually ship them, before we earnestly move to Phase 2.

The Phases of the Bag of Crap (according to DrGandalf):

Phase 1: The discussion of getting vs. not getting the Bag of Crap, with the usual reference to the cursed bots, Woot's horrible servers, and related.

Phase 2: The discussion of when will Woot finally ship the Bags, and did you get your tracking number, and the creation of the spreadsheet.

Phase 3: The discussion of how much the packages are predicted to weigh, how big they are, how Smartpost is sending them all around the country, and whether they are arriving early, late, or maybe never, and how to find out all the tracking information.

Phase 4: The revealing of the contents of the much awaited Bags of Crap, with much hooting and Wooting by those that are happy, some grumbling by those that are not, but with most folks happy that they got to play the game no matter what they got.

jamieb497

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jamieb497

I got the same waiting for processing and when it came back it was either a server error or they ran out, nothing wiht my mode of payment. Woot what happened to place holders for those that were actually able to get through to that point?

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz
sccrkeepr wrote:A few months ago i got a TRON mouse in my Bundles of Clones and someone said they wanted it, but never got back to me. I still have it, it's still boxed and i would love to send it to someone. Any takers???

How much are you asking for it? I've been trying to get my wife one for a while.. I could make you a nice homemade Brick of Carbonite too.. I have plenty of stuff that I could toss in a box..

I do have an APO address though, so shipping would be as if you were to New York.. D:

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
timg wrote:
4 bags of crap, 3 showed up when I was unavoidably away from the computer, and the other one got nothing but server errors.

There were actually 6 times you missed it. The entire lot of 3000 (2999, apparently) was broken up into 6 groups of "offerings."

So, just where WERE you for the other 2? Can you account for your whereabouts? Do you have an alibi?
*shifts eyes and looks at you suspiciously*

May the Crap be with you all!!!

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
kellymo34 wrote:Ok, it happened hours ago now, but I'm still so excited about the fact that I finally- seriously it's been years of trying- got my first Bungle of Chrysanthemums. ...

It's a little fun thing, a box of opportunity and the mystery yet to be revealed. I'm psyched and thank you WOOT for having made 2,999 people as psyched as I am right now.

Happy woot-off everybody!

Reading carefully, I note that you do not include yourself as a person, although you are psyched and excited. What kind of being ARE you (backing slowly away), non-person?

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
Jessara wrote:Reading carefully, I note that you do not include yourself as a person, although you are psyched and excited. What kind of being ARE you (backing slowly away), non-person?

Brick of CarboniteCurrent numbers
First sucker: bill0405
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.587s
Last wooter to woot: Kingu
Last purchase time: 9:01:52 PM Central Time Order pace: 0m 52.292s
Woot wage: $206.60
Woots sold: 2999

RAWR Imma Squarryl

Jessara

BigRedDogATL wrote:I plan on calling the county water department once the plumbers get the new water line installed. I will probably have to fax them copies of the paperwork from the plumbers as proof. Hopefully they will do something on the water bill.

Unfortunately the homeowners insurance doesn't cover the replacement of the water pipe, only things that the water leak destroyed. So I get to pay the full $3,500 bill.

It may be possible to negotiate with your insurance company. They have some wiggle room in what they really do pay for, regardless of what they told you initially. Ask politely, and then keep asking, politely, and then go up the chain. Politely. Wear 'em down.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

Jessara

crickee wrote:Brick of CarboniteCurrent numbers
First sucker: bill0405
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.587s
Last wooter to woot: Kingu
Last purchase time: 9:01:52 PM Central Time Order pace: 0m 52.292s
Woot wage: $206.60
Woots sold: 2999

Yup. So 2998 were sold to (presumed) persons and - one to you. You said you weren't a person, Crikee! You're kindly, good-natured and chatty - but you're not a person. Whatever kind of being you are, we could do with more of you. (Tiptoes slowly away...)

Jessara

Un0fficial wrote:=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)
Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.
Remember, if colonelcrap said that all .........).

Thanks for updating the primer with ColonelCrap's name. One minor point: if your BolognaOnionCucumber was actually shipped in two parts (aka getting The Letter), your account may or may not show a separate tracking ID number for the second shipment. My TV, which was 'shipped separately' never showed a tracking number, but just arrived on my doorstep.
Did it mention how to spy on other shipments going to your same zip code?

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

Dear Colonel Crap,
My son could desperately use a new computer.
His 11 year old < 1gb pc is causing him much stress. And me too, having to listen to him whine about it. O_o
Maybe my Bundles of Clones could be blessed?

Or least can a get a Monkey?!?!?

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Dear Woot Gods and Colonel,

If I am a chosen one for a bag filled with at least one very nice crap, please let it be a tablet. I have been studying my butt off to get into more school and this would be nice to read my .pdf books on while I am not at home. The tiny screen and 20minutes of loading on my phone just doesn't cut it anymore. If not give me some other good crap, i love crap.

Have fun packing the bags!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
Jessara wrote:Yup. So 2998 were sold to (presumed) persons and - one to you. You said you weren't a person, Crikee! You're kindly, good-natured and chatty - but you're not a person. Whatever kind of being you are, we could do with more of you. (Tiptoes slowly away...)

lol It wasnt me. I thought you were under the impression they sold 3000 so I was showing it ended at 2999. So when Kellymo34 said there were 2999 happy people it did include her. Unless Im misunderstanding both of you. IDK but what I do need is more coffee! Wootoffs drain me I cant help staying up to see what deal is next! Now I can finally step away from the woot trough.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

All I know is that after seeing this awesome Brick of Carbonite in the new Avengers movie, I immediately had to run out and buy one for myself. It's a special bag full of super-crap. I'm not sure if it can leap tall buildings, see through walls or grow large and turn green...but I'm pretty sure it has the power to set itself on fire in some evil villain's lair (or on their front porch if they have one).

At least we know who will take over the human torch's role in future movies.

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous

Got in on this one, as did a coworker of mine. Is her first, totally pumped for her (but still, I think more for me). Really looking forward to comparisons.

ncc1701p

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncc1701p

What exactly is the 'woot wage'
I was looking at the Bundles of Clones stats and I saw that and I am puzzled by it.

insurancesux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages insurancesux

Dear w00t,

I was blessed with a bag of carrots this time. I will not waste your time asking for anything in particular. All I ask is that you accept my thanks for changing things up so regular guys like me can score one from time to time.

Thanks again...

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

We got a Bundles of Clones this time around on my boyfriends account (Chrisufo). I was trying to get one for his mother, since she seemed excited about our last Brick of Carbonite and we sent her the animal print knives, which she really liked. She is a sweetheart, and since I failed to get her one, I'm going to try to coax him to give his Bundles of Clones to his Mom..so Colonel..maybe slip in some stuff that a retired woman might like? I don't know what that may be...but no fiber pills. I want her to like me.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

bork76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bork76
bdecker202 wrote:WootSack tracker is up!

Thanks for posting this up. Now to temporarily save to Favorites.

ejohnson828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejohnson828

I'm so so excited for my Brick of Carbonite! Of course I hope that I'll get one of the elusive "special" bags, but honestly, just the excitement of trying to get one, scoring one and waiting anxiously for it to show up is worth the $3 (plus $5 shipping). Last time I got a little mini USB charging bug that skitters around and my 8-year-son LOVED it! It was perfect!

Not to mention I also got two packages of the flu packs (gloves/mask) and just a couple of days later my good friend came down with the nasty flu and my bf and I made good use of them to take her some medicine, soup and crackers. Perfect timing! My bf is military so I'm sure it freaked some people out seeing a guy in camo walking down the street with a mask on (think Outbreak), but neither of us got sick so I am ever so grateful to Colonel Crap for the totally craptastic bag of useful stuff we got! Who knows what this next bag holds but I'm still smiling from my score and looking forward to the unboxing, no matter what it holds! Be grateful for what you get, you never know how useful it might be!

:-)
May the crap be with you all!!

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Adding another 499 bags to the Wootoff well played Woot well played. It seems as if every wootoff things are getting tweaked in the best ways. The Col could have just sat back and done nothing more than the increased randomization of the crap, but you folks are clearly going the extra mile.

It's appreciated

Now go watch this video so I won't be the only one with it stuck in my head

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Keeping the theme of this Woot-off intact, I managed to be away from my computer for every single Brick of Carbonite.

Not to worry, though - I DID manage to be at my computer when the Auto Glow Rechargeable Flashlight/Emergency Flasher - 2 Pack and Multipurpose Cleaning Gel, 6.75fl oz were available!

Next time... next time.....

helenhalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helenhalla
    BuffBillsFan wrote:I DID manage to be at my computer when the Auto Glow Rechargeable Flashlight/Emergency Flasher - 2 Pack and Multipurpose Cleaning Gel, 6.75fl oz were available!

I can see that there's going to be a party at your house soon!