CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
bill7718 wrote:I came here a few nights ago to post a celebratory W00T! for myself on my third Brick of Carbonite which I got in the last round. But upon seeing all the begging going on that night I didn't.

So here is my belated W00T! I scored my 3rd Brick of Carbonite! which I'll use to segway into this on behalf of the beggars...

A few years ago I was walking into the post office when I saw 2 unsavory looking guys. As I left the post office they stopped me and asked me if I had a couple spare dollars. I asked them if I gave them 2 dollars were they going to go across the street and buy beer? They replied no that they were hungry and wanted to get a hot dog. I said that's too bad cause all I had in my pocket was beer money.

They laughed and so did I. I ended up across the street with them. Bought them hot dogs, chips and a 12 pack of natty light. <--their choice, not mine....and never saw them again.

Well done! A little over 10 years ago I gave $20 to a homeless man with a sign that said 'Trying to get on the internet!'.

I hope he made it.

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc

Dear Woot,

Since other people are putting in their wish lists, I'm going to submit mine, as well. Here goes:

WHAT I WANT IN MY BAG OF CARBONITE

1. Peace on earth. That would be cool.

2. Please make it so the song Friday by Rebecca Black never, ever, ever, EVER enters my brain again.

3. A 9-Volt battery. I found my old Coleco football game and it needs one.

4. For all the military men and women to come home (see number 1).

5. The ability to remember to actually take those tote/shopping bags with me from previous Bundles of Clones to the grocery store. I have four of them and they're so brightly colored. You'd think I would think to take them. But... no.

6. A thing of crazy glue. I keep forgetting to buy some.

That's about it. I realize most of the items are more abstract and can't really fit in a bag. That's okay. It will save on your upfront shipping costs.

Thanks, and may the crap be ever in your favor.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
peaceetc wrote:Dear
3. A 9-Volt battery. I found my old Coleco football game and it needs one.

I got three in my last bag. you're welcome to them. :D

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
3eyore wrote:ThunderThighs has posted about this in the past. They use a special pack-'n'-ship scheme for the bags, so they dig themselves out from under the "ordinary" Woot-off items first.

I'm confused as to what your reply has to do with the post…wrong reply-to? Was this intended as a response to the shipping times instead?

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21

My Wish List:

1,000 Green and Purple Flower Tote Bags

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

goofed up

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy
Jertyrael wrote:I get a bag and this song comes into my head and it makes me feel like dancing!

I had to change the lyrics to be more fitting and I provide them to you here... (I was originally going to sing them and put it on Youtube but got shy).

For the reference and the melody click here

“Page, please load”, I began to plea
“Load up the page so I can see,
Did all my dreams come true for me?
For merely the price of three.”

Yes! I've got a bag of cra-ap!
I've got spinning Woot! lights in my sight!

I never thought the page would move
Worried I would soon read “sold out”
But the servers, they so did improve
And now it's time to shout!

'cause I scored a bag of cra-ap!
IT'S ALL MINE!!!

I've got a bag with three things on the way!

You never know what you might find
Might be something quite asinine
Or maybe... magnificent!
But that is all part of the fun
Without the mystery there'd be none
So now I say...

The wait begins!
Yes, the wait begins!

All my hope was on the line
I never thought that I would win
And that's when things began to shine
I read, “Your order is IN!”

Oh, I won a bag of cra-ap!
All of my crappy dreams were made today
and with my bag of cra-ap, it's crap-py day!

I get it! I got a Golden Ticket from Willy Wonka. Cool dude.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
jennyland wrote:I'm confused as to what your reply has to do with the post…wrong reply-to? Was this intended as a response to the shipping times instead?

Yes, it was. I promise to put on my eyeglasses before clicking on the "Reply" button next time.

jennyland

3eyore wrote:Yes, it was. I promise to put on my eyeglasses before clicking on the "Reply" button next time.

Aha, thanks ;) Well, that being the case, it still stands to reason that it's possible to get a heads up on the Bundles of Clones since everything else I bought during the Woot-Off has shipped. I didn't buy one of everything, though, so...and with the holiday weekend here. I guess it will be Wednesday before we hear. Tuesday at the earliest!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes

Prateek00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Prateek00

anybody know what may be included in these Brick of Carbonites, its my first one after 4 years

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
Prateek00 wrote:anybody know what may be included in these Brick of Carbonites, its my first one after 4 years

Crap. They will contain random crap.
Nothing much has changed in the past 4 yrs.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

btmeyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmeyers
ReginaFilangee wrote:Crap. They will contain random crap.
Nothing much has changed in the past 4 yrs.

the bag will most likely either be a red or blue duffel, or a purple hydrangea. The crap will consist of tablets, iPods, rokus, Dyson vacs, hd TVs, and roombas.

sselluoss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sselluoss
Prateek00 wrote:anybody know what may be included in these Brick of Carbonites, its my first one after 4 years

All your hopes and dreams...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Kinda stuff like this:

(except, maybe...you know...the cat might not be included.)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sselluoss wrote:All your hopes and dreams...

Ahhhh.wait...you said hopes and dreams...not HOOPS and DREAMS...

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

As usual, timing is everything and I have created a mess...

One of my good friends that I haven't seen in almost 6 years is coming into town for her honeymoon, I live in Las Vegas and she's still up in Michigan... We've been looking forward to this for a long time. Bad luck for me is that she's going to be in town from June 3rd to June 8th and then I have a meeting I have to be at all day June 9th and 10th.

How do you tell one of your best friends.. "I'm going to be late because my Barrel Of Corn is on it's way" when you haven't seen them in 6 years?

I'm hoping the timing works out some how. At least for the meeting days, my husband will be home all day since it's the weekend.

It would be cool to come home and have a Bucket of Crows waiting for me after the meeting. But since I'm already dying to see what I got.. I'll take it whenever it gets here.. I'll just have to make sure someone is home for it... Husband, oldest kid is old enough to get packages and he has his own Basket of Coins to look for as well. (we both got our first ones this time)

katblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katblue
polkastria wrote:As usual, timing is everything and I have created a mess...

One of my good friends that I haven't seen in almost 6 years is coming into town for her honeymoon, I live in Las Vegas and she's still up in Michigan... We've been looking forward to this for a long time. Bad luck for me is that she's going to be in town from June 3rd to June 8th and then I have a meeting I have to be at all day June 9th and 10th.

How do you tell one of your best friends.. "I'm going to be late because my Barrel Of Corn is on it's way" when you haven't seen them in 6 years?

I'm hoping the timing works out some how. At least for the meeting days, my husband will be home all day since it's the weekend.

It would be cool to come home and have a Bucket of Crows waiting for me after the meeting. But since I'm already dying to see what I got.. I'll take it whenever it gets here.. I'll just have to make sure someone is home for it... Husband, oldest kid is old enough to get packages and he has his own Basket of Coins to look for as well. (we both got our first ones this time)

If you are really this worried--you will receive a tracking number with an approximate date for delivery. So, call your local post office and have them hold all packages around this time. After your visit with your friend, go get your Bundles of Clones

Have a fun time with your friend. Friends are far more precious than crap.

btmeyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmeyers
katblue wrote:
Have a fun time with your friend. Friends are far more precious than crap.

But what if there are 3? And they come in a bag!

I would share the joy of opening it with them.

Might be sufficient for ignoring them for over half a decade.

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx

I am really excited about this Random Crap. The timing might get it delivered to me on my Birthday, 06/07. I can Hope !!!!! lol
I look forward to whatever the Colonel and the Powers that be at Woot! Deem me worthy of!! Thanks Woot! Enjoy the holiday weekend!!!!
God Bless our troops at home and abroad!!!

egoldj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egoldj

Just started to put together the red flyer tailspin trike from the last Brick of Carbonite. I was right, it's missing the handle bars as well as the part to attach the handle bars to the trike. Wish I hadn't mentioned it to a friend with a little one. Do you guys think red flyer would consider this as a purchase and part of warranty since it was part of a Bundles of Clones ? Can't call them until next week to ask. (no customer service on the weekends) Since I didn't manage to score any carrots this time around I was trying to assemble this item. I won't disassemble and trash it until I contact them. Oh well, I hope all your crap comes with all of it's parts!

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz
egoldj wrote:Just started to put together the red flyer tailspin trike from the last Brick of Carbonite. I was right, it's missing the handle bars as well as the part to attach the handle bars to the trike. Wish I hadn't mentioned it to a friend with a little one. Do you guys think red flyer would consider this as a purchase and part of warranty since it was part of a Bundles of Clones ? Can't call them until next week to ask. (no customer service on the weekends) Since I didn't manage to score any carrots this time around I was trying to assemble this item. I won't disassemble and trash it until I contact them. Oh well, I hope all your crap comes with all of it's parts!

I am almost 100% positive that if you explain your situation to them and aren't a saber to the customer service representatives you will more then likely get a resolution in your favor.. just explain that you got the kit and it was missing those said pieces, while I am sure you will get them free if they do decide to charge you I doubt it would be anywhere near if you had to purchase said kit new...

I did this with a graphics card I purchased off someone that had a lifetime warranty, and was dead.. Just call the reps and explain what you need to get done and the will bend over backwards for you as long as you're nice, that's with almost every company..

egoldj

chefferz wrote:I am almost 100% positive that if you explain your situation to them and aren't a saber to the customer service representatives you will more then likely get a resolution in your favor.. just explain that you got the kit and it was missing those said pieces, while I am sure you will get them free if they do decide to charge you I doubt it would be anywhere near if you had to purchase said kit new...

I did this with a graphics card I purchased off someone that had a lifetime warranty, and was dead.. Just call the reps and explain what you need to get done and the will bend over backwards for you as long as you're nice, that's with almost every company..

Thanks for the advice. I planned on asking nicely, but I'm just not sure how they treat woot items that were part of a bag of carrots. I will make sure nothing else is missing before contacting their customer service next week.

egoldj

ROGETRAY wrote:

Your cat looks just like my two boys!

ReginaFilangee

egoldj wrote:Thanks for the advice. I planned on asking nicely, but I'm just not sure how they treat woot items that were part of a bag of carrots.

Just tell them you received it as a gift. <---not exactly untrue, if it was part of a bag.,

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion
ReginaFilangee wrote:
Edit: I really do wish people would quit asking for....[echo]THE LETTER[/echo], however. I mean, it's sorta implied that we all want THAT.

Riiiiight... I know I could use 1728 lbs of car wax. Couldn't everyone?

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago
ROGETRAY wrote:Kinda stuff like this:

I want the cat... and the plastic bugs...

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc

At least poke some air holes for the kitty. Or include several bags of Texas air they can pop.

That Pulse thing: I can read it's a phone, but with that picture of the woman, it looks like something one might find in an adult store. I was wondering what sort of joint Woot had turned into.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot

Do I see a "Park Southward" keychain in there?

rude1979us

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rude1979us

I'm not one to look a ß.Ø.Ç. in the mouth (won my 4th this round), but I would love to hear from a woot! staffer when was the last time someone got an actual letter followed by a P.O.C.?

I've hung around the forums for a long time and I can't think of one in the last 4-5 ß.Ø.Ç.'s.

Did Amazon kill the letter?

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

The only reason I "asked" for something was because that last couple of woot offs I noticed some people asking for things, and then actually getting them.
I was like, What? Srsly?! You can't do that!

But hey, if it worked for them, then why not give it a shot?

I don't expect to get anything I ask for(though I wouldn't mind ;)) And I won't be disappointed with whatever useless crap I get. I tried for years before I ever got my first cherished Bundles of Clones and I will continue to throw $8 away every chance I get, to be privileged enough to get a box full of things that I have no use for.

aww I ♥ woot!

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

ReginaFilangee

threepiecewoot wrote:Do I see a "Park Southward" keychain in there?

LOLOLOL @ the "investigation"

And P.S.: Good to see ya!!!

ReginaFilangee

atippinfan78 wrote:The only reason I "asked" for something was because that last couple of woot offs I noticed some people asking for things, and then actually getting them.
I was like, What? Srsly?! You can't do that!

But hey, if it worked for them, then why not give it a shot?

In that case, I'd like to ask for George Clooney. (Apparently, he has lost my ph #.)

ReginaFilangee

rude1979us wrote:

Did Amazon kill the letter?

No more TPW letters (but wave hello to him a few posts up!)

There have been reports of new and different
letters from Colonel Crap, however----just read the last few pages of this thread.

jennyland

Nice :D And nice to see you around, TPW!

lukersone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukersone

Boston Okay Celtics!

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett

Blue Öyster Cult

rotflol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rotflol
(image snip)

That is completely awesome. Also, hello!

[hello]

rotflol

ReginaFilangee wrote:No more TPW letters (but wave hello to him a few posts up!)

There have been reports of new and different
letters from Colonel Crap, however----just read the last few pages of this thread.

Upon seeing you again I decided to see if anyone had the username PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock, and it's available. I thought about snagging it as an alt, but I can't think of any scenario where I would need an alt so I left it there for the right person to come along.

[hello]

princessconsuelabananahammock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessconsuelabananahammock
rotflol wrote:Upon seeing you again I decided to see if anyone had the username PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock, and it's available. I thought about snagging it as an alt, but I can't think of any scenario where I would need an alt so I left it there for the right person to come along.

Hola.

rotflol

princessconsuelabananahammock wrote:Hola.

Ha! Nice. I like how it's so long it breaks out of its div. Would you believe CrapBag isn't taken? At this website I was sure it would be.

[hello]