alexxxz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alexxxz
poostorm wrote:Thanks for posting that. I was on a clicking adventure there for a while. This way is probably even a little easier than before.

I found it by going to "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" Clicking "View Order Details" next to the Bouts of Consternation Scrolled down under order details, and "Bunch of Change" is a clickable green link that takes you to the product page, and then I clicked "Join this discussion" on the left. Much more difficult than it used to be, I would love a direct link from my stuff you bought page.

skg574

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skg574
Anorion wrote:Riiiiight... I know I could use 1728 lbs of car wax. Couldn't everyone?

No way. I'm trying to empty my garage, not fill it with more. Beyond that, I do believe there is such a thing as too much car wax.

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc
skg574 wrote:No way. I'm trying to empty my garage, not fill it with more. Beyond that, I do believe there is such a thing as too much car wax.

I agree. Especially since I don't even have a car.

NOTE TO WOOT: please do not take this as a challenge. I know you.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

telymanbws

quality posts: 4 Private Messages telymanbws
alexxxz wrote:I found it by going to "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" Clicking "View Order Details" next to the Bouts of Consternation Scrolled down under order details, and "Bunch of Change" is a clickable green link that takes you to the product page, and then I clicked "Join this discussion" on the left. Much more difficult than it used to be, I would love a direct link from my stuff you bought page.

Try this instead:
Click on COMMUNITY
Above the top thread select "SORT BY LAST POST"
The Beginning of Creation is usually heavily posted so it should come up near the top of the 1st page.

BTW: This was on the old version too.

There is a saying about those who forget history. I don't remember what it said, but it was good.
-Stephen Colbert

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

OK Woot! what happened on forum? I just check 3 times to make sure but whereas before you upgraded there were 6 "paper bag" images, 3 on the 22nd and 3 on the 23rd(each in its proper order during the woot-off), there is now only one and it no longer shows the bag(which was easy to spot) but the "delivery van" image. It(at the time of this writing) is the 3rd item down on page 6.

Also it is dated the 23rd, I assume for the last time it was sold during the woot-off, and not the 22nd as the items above and below it are.

This sure makes it harder for someone to find.

Won't Amazon even let you use the "bag" any more? What's next, BOC will have to be renamed to something more PC. This used to be a fun site, with some color on it's pages, which if nothing else made it easier to read, now it just hurts my eyes. It also had an accurate accounting of a woot-off in the forum.

Just my $0.02.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8
friartek wrote:.....
Just my $0.02.

I think you overpaid, remember, this is Woot! Your comments are only worth a ha'penny.

But to me, they're priceless.

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
peaceetc wrote:I agree. Especially since I don't even have a car.

Oh please oh please oh please Woot gods , send Peaceetc a broken down Pinto or Yugo.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. Big ol' Catapult 7/10/2014
  3. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult
  4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  15. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  18. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  22. Random Crap 09/22/10
  23. Random Crap 08/20/10
  24. Random Crap 04/14/10
  25. Random Crap 01/28/10
  26. Random Crap 09/24/08
  27. Random Crap 04/01/08

rude1979us

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rude1979us
maggie3052 wrote:Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

egoldj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egoldj
chefferz wrote:I am almost 100% positive that if you explain your situation to them and aren't a gloomy gus to the customer service representatives you will more then likely get a resolution in your favor.. just explain that you got the kit and it was missing those said pieces, while I am sure you will get them free if they do decide to charge you I doubt it would be anywhere near if you had to purchase said kit new...

I did this with a graphics card I purchased off someone that had a lifetime warranty, and was dead.. Just call the reps and explain what you need to get done and the will bend over backwards for you as long as you're nice, that's with almost every company..

Just got off the phone with the red flyer representative and they couldn't be nicer. Said I would have both parts in 5-7 days. Thanks ReginaFilange & chefferz for your advice. I hope you enjoy this months bags and I look forward to seeing what everyone receives.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

Hello Woot community! Hope yall had a wonderful Memorial Day. Look at all these changes. Our woot evolved like a sweet little caterpillar to an intricate butterfly.

Some feedback I have submitted because it would make my woot better:
1. A "keep me logged in" button (i've had to log back in a few times since the change)
2. The time stamp back on the posts (it makes it easier to pick up where I left off)
3. A direct link to the dicussion board for the items I purchased on the 'Stuff you bought" page (That will save 4 clicks to get me back here)

Hoping one if not all of those get implimented. Other than that, no complaints here. Just some growing pains while I get used to all the additional items and pages within pages. This should keep me busy while I wait for shipping on the Bouts of Consternation

RAWR Imma Squarryl

crickee

egoldj wrote:Just got off the phone with the red flyer representative and they couldn't be nicer. Said I would have both parts in 5-7 days. Thanks ReginaFilange & chefferz for your advice. I hope you enjoy this months bags and I look forward to seeing what everyone receives.

How awesome is that?! Glad your situation got resolved! Although the kid getting this trike could have taken over the world by starting off with a bike with no handle bars.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
tsaot wrote:I've stopped asking as I've seen it does nothing for me. ... I'm just hoping for something fun I can surprise her with this time.

To be honest though, I was asking for something kind of specific which kind of goes against the whole Bouts of Consternation theme. Maybe if I was a little more generic... Woot? I'm getting married on the 16th. Could you pack in something fun for the reception or honeymoon? Thanks!

You do like living dangerously, considering Woot!'s idea of fun.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
crickee wrote:
Some feedback I have submitted because it would make my woot better:
1. A "keep me logged in" button (i've had to log back in a few times since the change)
2. The time stamp back on the posts (it makes it easier to pick up where I left off)
3. A direct link to the dicussion board for the items I purchased on the 'Stuff you bought" page (That will save 4 clicks to get me back here)

You found all the same problems I did.

But I do like being able to see all the Woot! sites by hovering over the icons at the top of the page. I also like that Sellout.woot is now its own thing, not something you have to loop through deals.woot to find, and that its discussion is in its own forum, not in the deals.woot forum.

And just to keep on topic, I wonder how the changes will affect the acquisition of our Bags of Crap in the future?

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc
mikebbass wrote:Oh please oh please oh please Woot gods , send Peaceetc a broken down Pinto or Yugo.

This would be flipping hilarious. And it wouldn't surprise me if Woot had something like this sitting around, either.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

crickee

drgandalf wrote:You found all the same problems I did.

But I do like being able to see all the Woot! sites by hovering over the icons at the top of the page. I also like that Sellout.woot is now its own thing, not something you have to loop through deals.woot to find, and that its discussion is in its own forum, not in the deals.woot forum.

What a jerk I am. I cant believe I didnt mention the things I like too.
1. I like the ability to see each item on the sites by simply hovering over the name.
2. I LOVE the ability to see all the stuff I bought on one page instead of having to go to the individual site.
3. And even though I dont like that I keep getting logged out, I like that I can click the little icon to log in with my facebook since facebook keeps me logged in.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

celiarose23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celiarose23
drgandalf wrote:
And just to keep on topic, I wonder how the changes will affect the acquisition of our Bags of Crap in the future?

I think they should have blown everyone's mind and did this right before the wootoff! It would have been hysterical.

neohemp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neohemp
mossygreen wrote:Hey now, that, well... that would be okay. Although I just picked up Square Pegs yesterday, so I really don't need another one. You're a little cruel, though, aren't you?

It would be a question of time, not money, anyway.

A bit.. but I would just as soon get a kick out of someone getting something amazing so I'm equally nice Lol.

tsaot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tsaot
mlsapack wrote:Perhaps ColonelCrap will be kind enough to throw some of this in with the other crap. Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to that day with great anticipation. Right now we're driving ~30 miles each way to see each other, after the 16th though...

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759

Hey, we miss you. Thanks for stopping by.

BTW, is it legal for you to get Bouts of Consternation now?

threepiecewoot wrote:Do I see a "Park Southward" keychain in there?

tsaot

mikebbass wrote:Oh please oh please oh please Woot gods , send Peaceetc a broken down Pinto or Yugo.

Or even better, a Ford Club wagon with holes rusted through the floor. Those things are awesome! (My family took out a row of seats, made a wooden frame, and mounted a TV and Dreamcast in the back seat for long road trips.)

They do not age gracefully. If you want a van with character, whew, they get character.

dmmdmustang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmmdmustang
celiarose23 wrote:I think they should have blown everyone's mind and did this right before the wootoff! It would have been hysterical.

Imagine the chaos if that would have gone down. Those poor woot! servers would have had a complete breakdown over the ugly things being said by those that couldn't figure out the new layout during the wootoff! Not to mention the number of complaints about not getting a Bouts of Consternation would be legendary. Which would have been fun to read darn why didn't they think to do that on day 2 off the wootoff! to really confuse us all.

Jessara

drgandalf wrote:You found all the same problems I did.

I believe ThunderThighs reassured everyone last night that Bouts of Consternation would continue.

Jessara

peaceetc wrote:I agree. Especially since I don't even have a car.

Don't be surprised if you get today's kids!.woot offering http://kids.woot.com/offers/top-racing-rc-car-double-pack-7

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore

The terms "broken down" and "Pinto or Yugo" are redundant. Like Lady Gaga, the cars were born that way.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland

So, who else is stalking FedEx Track by Reference?? *cough*

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8
jennyland wrote:So, who else is stalking FedEx Track by Reference?? *cough*

*raises hand* About every 30 minutes or so....... and I have the MyFedEx tracker up as well.......and I refresh this forum.....I'm surprised I have gotten anything done today at all....

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

postaltaco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages postaltaco
rude1979us wrote:Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

I'm worried about our fine Colonel Crap. We haven't heard from him in a while... I hope the new site layout hasn't affected his morale.

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna

Dear Woot,

Please include a TARDIS in my Bouts of Consternation so that I do not have to wait 2-4 weeks to get my laptop back.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind consideration.

-i-

bjmcrawford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmcrawford

I would like one or more wishes - and if one wish can be made for multiple future wishes, the one would suffice.

Failing that, some sort of magical lamp, or genie, or magical monkey's paw (not one of those evil "ironic fulfillment ones, though) would be acceptable as well.

bdh008

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdh008
OldMatador wrote:I'm worried about our fine Colonel Crap. We haven't heard from him in a while... I hope the new site layout hasn't affected his morale.

Maybe he got lost! Breaking news! Colonol Crap is missing and presumed a PoW!

tsaot

bdh008 wrote:Maybe he got lost! Breaking news! Colonol Crap is missing and presumed a PoW!

Prisoner of Woot?

bdh008

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdh008
tsaot wrote:Prisoner of Woot?

Exactly. I heard they have a dungeon in their basement.

nvonklock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nvonklock
jennyland wrote:So, who else is stalking FedEx Track by Reference?? *cough*

Ummmm......Yep....

tsaot

bdh008 wrote:Exactly. I heard they have a dungeon in their basement.

I'd heard that as well, but that it also contained a horrible mutated flying monkey that hoards buckets and LeakFrogs, that the beast bathes in Bacon Salt, and that on cold, lonely nights, it trains a pair of Roombas to sweep the high wire. If the Colonel has been sent into those deep recesses of Wootdom, I fear for his sanity.

crickee

bdh008 wrote:Exactly. I heard they have a dungeon in their basement.

lol Like they put him in the basement at the Alamo.

This is Texas, we dont have basements.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

dmmdmustang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmmdmustang
crickee wrote:lol Like they put him in the basement at the Alamo.

Remember they are outside of Dallas where wild things creep!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
Jessara wrote:I believe ThunderThighs reassured everyone last night that Bouts of Consternation would continue.

I think the question is what the Crap purchase process will be. We have become conditioned to click 'I Want One', input CC Sec Code or Password and Click Place Order button, Click 'Stupidly Large Button' and pray.

Now, it appears that the process will be to click 'I Want One' (or skip this and park on the item page rather than the main page?), click 'Buy It', click 'Place Your Order' and pray. Can anyone confirm that this is the process, and that there is no longer any need to add security codes or passwords?

Just trying to start the mental preparation process for the first Wootoff using the new site.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Is it too late to say I miss woot Happy Hour and Moofi?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. Big ol' Catapult 7/10/2014
  3. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult
  4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  15. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  18. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  22. Random Crap 09/22/10
  23. Random Crap 08/20/10
  24. Random Crap 04/14/10
  25. Random Crap 01/28/10
  26. Random Crap 09/24/08
  27. Random Crap 04/01/08

dgmiller13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgmiller13
crickee wrote:lol Like they put him in the basement at the Alamo.

I live in Texas (New Braunfels), and we have a basement. Of course, in order to have one, we built our house ourselves!