appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

I think today is Moofi's birthday, but no Bucket of Coral like last year. =[

Perhaps I have the date wrong, though.

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
appledude9 wrote:I think today is Moofi's birthday, but no Bucket of Coral like last year. =[

Perhaps I have the date wrong, though.

Yep, according to my Woot! calendar (thank you, @agingdragqueen), Moofi is two years old today. Happy birthday!

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

This is late, but here's the list:
1x Small Black Dufflebag (worth way more than the paper sack with a question mark, but I'm still jealous of those who got that bag)
1x L red with black collar "fashion forward" tee shirt. It fits (barely)!
1x Paper Mousepad (60 weekly tear-off calendar sheets)
1x lime green over the door coat/towel hooks. Ugly but useful.
1x Flu and Germ Protection
1x Terrific Turkey alarm
2x Sanyo AAA alkaline battery packs
1x Peace Natural Body Soap. Not very manly, but smells OK.
1x Silver Bucky Balls. These are a lot smaller than I thought they would be. Should be a lot of fun to play with tho.
1x MS Notebook Cooling Base. Looks new and very nice.

Overall a great box - thanks woot!

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759

OK, so I did all this and Chuck's still not talking. Do you remember how the batteries are oriented? Mine rolled when they popped out so I'm not sure if I put them in backwards or not

mlsapack wrote:Here are the steps to restore speech to your Chuck Norris doll;
1. Find a seam ripper (if you are a man, your Mom/girlfriend/wofe probably has one in their sewing stuff). Spread the back of the doll apart with your fingers and work the seam ripper into one of the stitches about half way down his back. Rip out the stitches one by one until you get down to his pants.
2. You should be able to reach in and pop out a little sack contining the sound module. Find the seam where the sack is sewed up and rip out those stitches with the seam ripper.
3. Pop the sound module out of the sack. The sound module has a non-glued cover. Using a knife or a thin implement, work it along the seam between the top and bottom until it comes loose. Carefully poke a toothpick through the cover with the switch button to eject the PC board with the batteries on it. Be careful not to lose the little rubber switch when the PC board comes out. (see the small rubber thing below the PC board in the picture).
4. Bend the metal tab holding in the batteries out of the way (it will probably just break off). Puch the batteries out of the holders with a toothpick.
5. Put new batteries in (AG3 or LR41). 6. Put the PC board into the bottom of the sound module (the bottom has the speaker in it). Be careful of the speaker wires. They break easily (I had to resolder mine to the speaker and the PC board).
6. Place the rubber switch piece on the zig-zag pattern on the PC board.
7. Align the small hole in the cover with the rubber switch piece and replace it on the bottom of the module. Make sure the tip on the little rubber piece fits into the hole in the cover. Push the cover in until it is fully seated.
8. Test the module to make sure it works, replace it in the sack and close Chuck back up.
9. Chuck Speaks! See the video back on page 59.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
zzzzz78759 wrote:OK, so I did all this and Chuck's still not talking. Do you remember how the batteries are oriented? Mine rolled when they popped out so I'm not sure if I put them in backwards or not

Put them in so that the + side (the smooth side with the writing on it) is facing up. In other words, the writing side should not be towards the PC board, but contacting the 'cage' of the battery holder. If the batteries are loose, you may have to carefully bend down the tabs at the top of the battery holder to increase the retention and ensure electrical contact. Also, be careful of the pushbutton location and makesure that it aligns with and contacts the criss-cross pattern on the PC board. Good luck.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
zzzzz78759 wrote:OK, so I did all this and Chuck's still not talking.

Maybe he needs to see a therapist?

May the Crap be with you all!!!

Coogles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles
zzzzz78759 wrote:OK, so I did all this and Chuck's still not talking.

Chuck is talking, it's just that his words are so powerful that they knock the memory right out of your head.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

My oh-so-late, long-anticipated photo.
Note: I promptly gave the bag to my girlfriend, but this old one is almost identical. The one that came with this particular beeohsee was purple.

• Shopping bag
  • 4GB SD card (not SDHC, so it works in my old camera)
  • Bar of Olive Oil soap.
  • Green power 4x rechargeable alkaline batteries and charger.
  • Turkey temperature probe.
  • Spitball dart pad.
  • Clean-up kit
  • Blank Tee shirt.

Cats not included.
  • UTSAFTW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UTSAFTW

Yess, finally got mine after all these years!