readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade
faaaaq wrote:Also, here is a problem... I want a RED one, but the "RED" one offered here seems more maroon...whereas the actual red one is blazing red (as I want). So, is the item offered here the ACTUAL red one (as seen here http://l3.zassets.com/images/z/2/0/5/1/8/3/2051833-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg ) or is it the darker, more maroon, color in the woot pictures?

EDIT. did more googling, and the image for the "JESTER RED" on FILA's site is the same as the WOOT image for the red...but other places show the JESTER RED as the red in the image I linked to above... Now I am confused.

I ordered a red one precisely because it wasn't TOO red, more of a clay red to my eyes. I have more than enough black and charcoal grey jackets in my closet so I want to spice things up a bit, but not hot fire cherry red.

I got something better than luck.

FredFairOaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FredFairOaks

Suggestion WOOT:

Whenever you present clothes like this item it would be so much easier for us if you would use a real person to show the item actually wearing the item. Here is an example.

http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1419796/fila/descent-bonded-jacket.html?currency=usd&utm_source=cse&utm_medium=nextag&utm_campaign=Fila%20Men&utm_content=Outerwear&utm_term=1419796%20-%20descent%20bonded%20jacket&gwc_h=nextag

klarno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klarno

I'm also confused about the color. I like the maroon red on the front page, but when I add it to my cart it shows a blazing candy apple red (it also shows this for the two other shots showing the detail and water resistance). Also, google searches elsewhere show the red and blue to be rather extravagantly bright--just not in Fila's or this site's product shots.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

t7money7 wrote:I accidentally bought the wrong one now how do I cancel it?

Email support@woot.com or use the Support form linked at the top of the page. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

klarno wrote:I'm also confused about the color. I like the maroon red on the front page, but when I add it to my cart it shows a blazing candy apple red (it also shows this for the two other shots showing the detail and water resistance). Also, google searches elsewhere show the red and blue to be rather extravagantly bright--just not in Fila's or this site's product shots.

Here's the Fila page to get another idea of the color.

We used vendor supplied photos.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
mois wrote:He bought the Sqwincher Steady Shot Energy Drink 12pk on another Woot site.
You got free shipping if you already bought something today good until midnight.

Stupid me...I missed the post where jnail said that. Sounds more like jnail paid $17.49 for the jacket and $2.50 shipping/ item to me at this point. ;)

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

I just ordered one. I don't have a water-resistant jacket except for my heavy parka, which is way too bulky to wear most of the time. I got blue; I'll probably look like a giant Smurf, but I get bored with wearing black all the time. ;)

LaKASkill

quality posts: 17 Private Messages LaKASkill

Surprised these have not sold out yet.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn
OdieTRP wrote:"Threw on my Fila underwear and my Fila hat.
Then I ran downstairs and kicked the Fila cat."
- Will Smith

Hope this helps!

O yeah. Thankee!

jzpan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzpan
jnail wrote:With free shipping and a 5.00 off code, 14.99. Pretty good deal!

where did you find the discount codes?

TheBoMan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TheBoMan

In for 1 grey/black. These will be sold out by the a.m.

roccochiv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages roccochiv

Just bought one looks awesome..

archimboldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archimboldo
t7money7 wrote:I accidentally bought the wrong one now how do I cancel it?

I think you're SOL. I tried to cancel something within a few minutes of hitting "Submit" and they said it was too late.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

mdnorman wrote:It's not "advantageous." This is just a "disclosure" so you won't be disappointed when you discover that the hems and cuffs are formed by folding the material and gluing it together, instead of sewing the material.

All cuffs, hems, edges, etc. are sewn. The bonding is in reference to the fabric. I'll update the features so there is no confusion.

joniss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joniss

No shipping abroad???

newfiepage

Staff

bpr2 wrote:Is the jacket material reflective, or non-reflective?

Non-reflective. That much reflective material would have cost a small fortune - and you would have lit up like Dr. Manhattan.

tempesto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempesto

I too am curious about the colors. The color in the first few images are different from the last couple and the picture shown on the payment screen. I found another website that sells these jackets for $40. I'm hoping the colors are more realistic, since it seems like they had models put each one on. I have included a link for anyone interested in more photos of the jacket and contrasting colors.
http://www.6pm.com/fila-descent-bonded-jacket?zfcTest=mat%3A1

ThunderThighs

Staff

joniss wrote:No shipping abroad???

Sorry, but only shirt.woot ships outside the U.S.

FORUM MODERATOR

shivester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shivester

Anyone know how water resistant these are? I figure by the 100 dollar price tag that they should be fairly water proof. Anyone know for sure?

gokou1628

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gokou1628
jsp wrote:OK - those who like me are needing a sizing chart - one can be found via a link on the page here:

http://www.fila.com/M-BONDED-JACKET/LM123AQ4,en_US,pd.html?start=3&cgid=mens-tops&prefn1=size&prefv1=XL

Inside their size guide: "If the products you purchase from file.com don't meet your expectations..."

file.com??? o.O

jimbobspaghetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimbobspaghetti

Is this only for Men or Women ??? Uni ?

amleahy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amleahy
klarno wrote:From a quick googling for "napoleon pocket": http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_it_called_a_napoleon_pocket

Whenever I wear a jacket with one, I get this inescapable urge to conquer the world. Is this normal?

He really just wanted to liberate corssica from French rule

SouthCarolinaSue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SouthCarolinaSue

Is the sizing for men or women? (I wouldn't want to purchase the wrong size.)

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

They grey one looks like Dr. No should be wearing it.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye

I have seen these often on Steap and Cheap for far more than this woot! deal. Fila is a good brand for snow sport clothing.

natescape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natescape

Might these be good for running? I'm looking to build a nice winter running outfit, and these look excellent but I wonder about the fleece and sweat.

Jjona5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jjona5

Which red is it? The large picture shows more of a burgundy color. Then when you go to check out its more of a crayon standard red color. If you check the Fila site the only red still available is between the two shades woot has.

awillis2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awillis2008

Where did you get the code?

ALex Willis

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

KUDOS to the writer today! I continue to laugh and laugh and laugh.

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

Black on black or black on gray? Decisions, decisions...

wheels2121

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wheels2121

The blue looks like a lot lighter on the 6pm.com site. Called Campanula there...

http://www.6pm.com/fila-descent-bonded-jacket-black?si8049697=&channel=73&mr:referralID=70b75b4e-3703-11e2-8751-001b2166c2c0&zfcTest=mat%3A1

newfiepage

Staff

shivester wrote:Anyone know how water resistant these are? I figure by the 100 dollar price tag that they should be fairly water proof. Anyone know for sure?

It goes like this:

Water Resistant
Water Repellent
Waterproof

Water resistant garments are naturally water resistant b/c of their fabric and/or how that fabric is woven.

Water repellent garments have typically been treated with a chemical and have sealed seams.

Waterproof garments have a PU coating on the complete inside (or out). Typically the only thing that could be called water proof is rain gear - think of an Alaskan fisherman in their yellow pants/coat/hat.

This Fila jacket is water resistant because of the fabric (polyester) and how tight it is woven (very); water will ball up and roll off. The tight weave also provides a wind block.

Did you get caught in the rain? You'll be fine. Will you be asked to be a deckhand on DEADLIEST CATCH? No.

newfiepage

Staff

wheels2121 wrote:The blue looks like a lot lighter on the 6pm.com site. Called Campanula there...

http://www.6pm.com/fila-descent-bonded-jacket-black?si8049697=&channel=73&mr:referralID=70b75b4e-3703-11e2-8751-001b2166c2c0&zfcTest=mat%3A1

It's like the blue shown here. The blue on 6pm is lighter in the picture.

anthonyg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonyg

I thought this was a good jacket for hiking but no pit zips means no thanks. Still a good deal for other activities.

http://microhiker.blogspot.com

newfiepage

Staff

Jjona5 wrote:Which red is it? The large picture shows more of a burgundy color. Then when you go to check out its more of a crayon standard red color. If you check the Fila site the only red still available is between the two shades woot has.

Lighting when taking a picture can be a real "b" - and that doesn't stand for burgundy. We used vendor images, but I can tell you from viewing the sample it is more of a red, not burgundy.

ezicash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ezicash

Where did you get the $5 off code?

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

Perfect timing.. Weather is getting cooler, and well changing alot. Needed a jack that met the needs of being cold and possible rain/snow... this seems to be what im looking for.. i am in for 1... color choices were tough though

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

royrogersiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royrogersiv
gertiestn wrote:Help me here, please, my Woot pals. Fila is a decent brand, yes? I don't know a thing about this sort of stuff, but I'm thinking about buying one of these for a brother who is 50-something. I think he'd like this & it looks good, but I'd like an "AMEN" or two before I hit that big button. Thanks.

A friend of mine left a Fila Fleece jacket at my house 6 years back and I have been wearing it ever since. I have a north-face jacket that was $100 and like the Fila jacket just as well.