0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LED Lenser Dual Color Flashlight
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester

So is this like a Wootoff without the flashy light bar?

sunny441

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunny441
bluejester wrote:So is this like a Wootoff without the flashy light bar?

Yes. As stated in the description.

cr00kedview

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cr00kedview
bluejester wrote:So is this like a Wootoff without the flashy light bar?

It's definitely not as fun without the flashy lights. I don't feel right turning on my USB-powered woot-off lights if the woot website ain't a'flashin too!

I like bags of crap.

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz

The red light option here would be great for firefighters. It's not as distracting. Too often I try to talk to someone on scene and get a face full of bright white LED and am subsequently blind for the next 10 seconds. All that is needed is a helmet mount.

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas

This looks great for all the meteor showers I've been taking...oh, Christmas!

sunny441

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunny441

Good stuff if you are a pilot. That red light can be quite helpful in the cockpit.

stancol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stancol

Is an LED Lensor anything like an LED Laser?

PoorOldEdgarDerby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PoorOldEdgarDerby

I also flashy lights.

technosavant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages technosavant

I have one of these... not quite identical (mine is silver and has the "Coast" brand name), but very VERY similar.

It's really not a "tactical" light- the buttons are in the wrong spot for that, but nowadays everything must be tactical, I guess.

It's a decent little LED light. The white LEDs are very bright. The red one is pretty well useless unless you just want a dim red flashlight to preserve your night vision.

Mine is a few years old and still going strong. For $10 it's a perfectly serviceable LED flashlight. One could do better, but not at that price. One can certainly do much worse.

pyrobedlam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrobedlam

in for 2..one for the car and one for my camera bag. red led's are perfect for camera geeks.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer
kusmertz wrote:The red light option here would be great for firefighters. It's not as distracting. Too often I try to talk to someone on scene and get a face full of bright white LED and am subsequently blind for the next 10 seconds. All that is needed is a helmet mount.

It's not NFPA 1971-8.6. Not sure I'd mount it to my helmet if I'm not sure it can't handle the heat :-)

cyren2132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyren2132

I wonder how this LED flashlight compares to the LED lightsaber flashlight I bought during the last wootoff.

khearn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khearn

I don't care about the flashing lights, but I miss the progress bar.

syntaxterror

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntaxterror

The red led is useful for star gazing as helps preserve your night vision!

packman711

quality posts: 2 Private Messages packman711

My grand slam was supposed to come with sausage.

jearly0000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jearly0000

If this is a good buy for those in the cockpit, would this also be appropriate for people on the poopdeck?

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

jrj3224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrj3224

Is the "wrist scrap" listed in the specs a piece of carpal bone that will allow you to attach it to your arm, in lieu of a wrist strap? ;-)

benmason

quality posts: 2 Private Messages benmason

This isn't a woot off it's a cash grab. We can see that from the lack of apple products they are throwing at us.

CDUAbove

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CDUAbove

If it was truly designed specifically for law enforcement, the buttons would not be on the side. Anyone that has done the job knows the button needs to be on the end or if it needs to be on the side it needs to be recessed into the handle and flush with the grip.
This flash light would turn on and off throughout your shift while on your belt and sitting in the patrol car. It might even turn on in the pouch if you lean the wrong way and remain on without you knowing it.

Might be a good light for around the house though.

redhawk0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redhawk0

This light is made in China...they use buttons on the sides for their Tactical lights (HaHa)....and IPX4 means it can only withstand a strong splash of water...never submerge it....and BTW...the red is also great for astronomy buffs...you can read the maps at night without screwing up your night vision.

stubbsz123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stubbsz123

Useful for trying to trap a fish at night in your reef tank... the criters don't see the red and you can net them much easier..... Obscure usage I grant you.

-Adrian

Adrian Stubbs

editorkid

quality posts: 90 Private Messages editorkid
Requires (3) AAA batteries, included

See, all you people who didn't buy -- and even mocked -- Woot's sale of rechargeable AAA batteries last week? I don't have any use for this, but if I did, I'd have the rechargeable AAA batteries to put in it... and one left over that I could gaze smugly at. After using up the ones it comes with.

clonetek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clonetek

I like these: http://amzn.com/B006E0QAFY

only $5, but it does take a couple of weeks to get them in from HK. :/

butz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butz

So what's the mystery doo-dad in the 3rd picture, between the light and the pouch? It's not listed in the specs with what comes in the package...

jestlookin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jestlookin
butz wrote:So what's the mystery doo-dad in the 3rd picture, between the light and the pouch? It's not listed in the specs with what comes in the package...

It's an eye patch [aaarrrrggghhhh, matey] for when you blind yourself looking into the light.

JuddSandage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuddSandage
butz wrote:So what's the mystery doo-dad in the 3rd picture, between the light and the pouch? It's not listed in the specs with what comes in the package...

I am going to assume thats the "mirror" used in the packaging so that you can see the light without taking it off the hook in the store... never understood the need for it myself but there you go, take a look here for what I mean

omayzing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omayzing

how many LED lights does Woot have to sell?...

petenewk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petenewk
pyrobedlam wrote:in for 2..one for the car and one for my camera bag. red led's are perfect for camera geeks.

I remember darkrooms and red lights in them. The switch was right next to my 8-track.....

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

omayzing wrote:how many LED lights does Woot have to sell?...

oh, is this like...a hilarious riddle? here are some potential punchlines:

"three. one for the inside, one for the outside, and one for that guy in the gorilla mask!"

"two. one to give the order that the bulb be changed and one to screw it in."

"something about dead lawyers!"

"five. one to hold the light bulb and the other four to turn the ladder round and round!"

"practice!"

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

theisp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theisp
JuddSandage wrote:I am going to assume thats the "mirror" used in the packaging so that you can see the light without taking it off the hook in the store... never understood the need for it myself but there you go, take a look here for what I mean

YOU ARE CORRECT! I have one of these in silver, exact same model, from my local big-box hardware store. Pretty good for the money. The mirror is absolutely part of the packaging and not something to hang on to (unless you have a pen laser, but that is a bit off topic here).

As with others, the single red led is very dim, but is great on campouts when you want to take a look in a bag without ruining your low light vision. The red is too dim for walking on trails at night however - just not enough throw.

Based on my personal experience I'd say that the rated 100 lumens sounds about right when compared to other compact flashlights I have. It is certianly NOT as bright as my 120's, but much brighter than a 60 I have.

While I dont need any right now, this is a pretty good deal at $9.99each.

squidrope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squidrope
theisp wrote:YOU ARE CORRECT! I have one of these in silver, exact same model, from my local big-box hardware store. Pretty good for the money. The mirror is absolutely part of the packaging and not something to hang on to (unless you have a pen laser, but that is a bit off topic here).

As with others, the single red led is very dim, but is great on campouts when you want to take a look in a bag without ruining your low light vision. The red is too dim for walking on trails at night however - just not enough throw.

Based on my personal experience I'd say that the rated 100 lumens sounds about right when compared to other compact flashlights I have. It is certianly NOT as bright as my 120's, but much brighter than a 60 I have.

While I dont need any right now, this is a pretty good deal at $9.99each.

Woot has breathed in very hard since amazon made this purchase

AtlantaGal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtlantaGal

If you live on the coast, these are great for sea turtle nesting & hatching times (April through October). Red light is the only safe light to use around them.

bsmith1

quality posts: 99 Private Messages bsmith1
theisp wrote:YOU ARE CORRECT! I have one of these in silver, exact same model, from my local big-box hardware store. Pretty good for the money. The mirror is absolutely part of the packaging and not something to hang on to (unless you have a pen laser, but that is a bit off topic here).

You could use the mirror in survival situations to signal the rescue helicopter.

arfyness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arfyness
omayzing wrote:how many LED lights does Woot have to sell?...

All of them! (clearly. duh.)

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp

this isnt a woot-off because they wont be selling carp.

They just want you to buy up 10k flashlights that are overpriced in hopes of a bag.

The holiday woot is a even bigger disappointment and the real cash grab.

jaedendak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaedendak

Somewhat off topic, but might I request that next year you just do a regular woot-off please? This cash-grab seems to be a bit lack-luster.

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
arfyness wrote:All of them! (clearly. duh.)

Ida know, but they think they'll change the item in 40 minutes or so.

exeyesoftware

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exeyesoftware

I bought a Coast flashlight at Home Depot a while back. It came with an offer of a "free" flashlight in exchange for filling out a marketing thing and paying (I think) $3.95 for shipping. The little penlight I got a few weeks later turned out to be a quality item and more useful that the original flashlight I bought.

If this deal is for a Coast brand, and if it includes the same free flashlight offer, go for it. You will be pleasantly surprised.

In for 3.

-jimc