2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Cuisinart 14-pc Non-Stick Cookware Set
$139.99 + $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

only $10 less than sams club

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cuisinart-14-piece-classic-non-stick-hard-anodized-cookware-set/prod2610261.ip

jpstrings

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpstrings

http://www.halowayexpress.com/products/Cuisinart-66%252d14-Chef%27s-Classic-Nonstick-Hard%252dAnodized-14%252dPiece-Cookware-Set-%252d%252d-2NIO000P239UZ99.html

$107.46

[MOD: That's the Chef's Classic. We are selling the Cuisinart Classic.]

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78
jpstrings wrote:http://www.halowayexpress.com/products/Cuisinart-66%252d14-Chef%27s-Classic-Nonstick-Hard%252dAnodized-14%252dPiece-Cookware-Set-%252d%252d-2NIO000P239UZ99.html

$107.46

Thats the 66-14 this is the 68-14xx slightly different...

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20

My wife and I bought these when we got married six years ago- we love them. I like the weight distribution especially. Take care of them, and they'll take care of you. We're just now getting around to replacing the 10 inch and 12 inch skillet, because we use them at least once a day, sometimes twice on the weekends. These are pretty solid.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

matthewsage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewsage

If it's in stock at Sams Club near you it's only $129 if you pick it up, so even cheaper than here.

achituv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achituv

Quantanium is basically Teflon, toxic and will wear-out over time.

The price is low, but not woot-worthy low.

I would recommend against buying this. Unless you really need an "ok" set while you're looking for something better...

I strongly recommend against buying this set if you plan to use it daily for a long time.

Yzzim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Yzzim

No pop.woot today? I thought there'd be something up until at least Christmas...?

sixfarmhicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sixfarmhicks

This set is for sale on the cuisinart.com web site for 199.99. Where does Woot come up with the retail price being so high?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yzzim wrote:No pop.woot today? I thought there'd be something up until at least Christmas...?

This pop.woot is over. Keep watching. You may see something again soon.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

sixfarmhicks wrote:This set is for sale on the cuisinart.com web site for 199.99. Where does Woot come up with the retail price being so high?

Links help but are you looking at the Chef's Classic line by chance? This is the Cuisinart Classic.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

From the Description

☻ Premium nonstick interiors allow for healthier cooking, lasting food release and easy cleanup
☻ Quantanium nonstick
☻ Oven safe to 500°F

I love the Quantanium non-stick surface. Made by Whitford, it uses much of the same formulation as Dupont's Teflon, except that the matrix is reinforced with titanium (which is inert and hypoallergenic). Whitford also applies several layer of the coating, making it safe for use with metal utensils. Whitford states that it's for mid to high end cookware and it's certainly the best nonstick surface I've used.]

I am skeptical about the 500F temperature limit, however, since that's close the decomposition point of PTFE (aka Teflon, Quantanium, etc). When that temperature is reached, PTFE breaks down and releases irritating vapors. While simply an irritant for most people, it's dangerous to those with respiratory problems and fatal to birds. Most Teflon pans have a limit from 350F-450F, and that's not only because of plastic parts.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
sixfarmhicks wrote:Where does Woot come up with the retail price being so high?

Apparently, they use the same formula as Invicta.

insurgent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insurgent

This is a great deal! Normally Quantanium is $1000/oz unless you know someone that can smuggle you some free samples out of Los Alamos!

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

I own the 17 piece set that comes with the steamer insert and the pasta insert. Excellent set. I paid $185 shipped and it was well worth the investment. The only problem I've had is that I hang the pans, as directed, and I have some discoloration on the bottom of the pans that I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove without defacing the pans. Otherwise..very very happy. I'm sure I can find it on the internet somewhere, just been too lazy to hunt it down. These pots and pans clean up on the inside super easy, you don't need oils or sprays and they do cook faster.

Great pans, but the lack of a steamer insert, for me, would be a deal breaker.

oldlostsoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oldlostsoul

What gives?

WOOT:
Cuisinart 68-14SA Classic
List Price $580.00 76% off

AMAZON:
Cuisinart Classic (68-14SA)
List Price: $299.99
Price: $169.99
You Save: $130.00 (43%)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009TCEYIY

List Price??? $580.00 or $299.99

What list?
Yep.... that's "Classic."

rahil123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rahil123
ThunderThighs wrote:Chef's vs Cuisinart Classic: Same, no. Similar, yes. Look at the handles.

And I haven't been able to get to the Haloway site. It's being blocked by Firefox and MalwareBytes.

Sam's Club: same handles, same photos
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cuisinart-14-piece-classic-non-stick-hard-anodized-cookware-set/prod2610261.ip?navAction=

Amazon: same handles, different number of pieces, named "Chef's Classic"
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-66-11-Nonstick-Hard-Anodized-11-Piece/dp/B005H05TAY

[MOD: Look at the handles on the dutch oven as an example. Curved vs. Straight. Similar, not the same.]

ThunderThighs

Staff

oldlostsoul wrote:What gives?

Hard to say. I'll ask but notice that it's not Amazon selling it. It's a 3rd party vendor and they enter their own information.

rahil123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rahil123
dreamyvelvet wrote:I own the 17 piece set... The only problem I've had is that I hang the pans, as directed, and I have some discoloration on the bottom of the pans that I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove without defacing the pans...

Calcium in your water may leave a multicolored stain on the outside of your cookware. This is from a harmless deposit and can be removed with a little warm vinegar. Certain foods such as pasta or oatmeal may leave a light residue or cloudy appearance.

This can be easily removed with any of these cleaning products: Bon Ami®, Cameo® Stainless Steel or Metal Cleaner, Nevr-Dull

tobythompson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobythompson

Does this set have a steamer insert for the stock pot? Is the stock pot 8 or 9 qt. size? Is there a difference in quality between this set and Cuisinart's Chef's Classic set?

Atharaenea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atharaenea

I'd buy them except I hate the rivets on the cooking surface. It's a pain in the ass to try and clean scrambled egg out from the crevices of those things. I only buy pans that have a smooth interior surface.

richlang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richlang

Anyone concerned about how non-stick surfaces wear out? Guess where it goes? Only one place - in the food and in our bodies.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
aycheung wrote:only $10 less than sams club

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cuisinart-14-piece-classic-non-stick-hard-anodized-cookware-set/prod2610261.ip

There is more than a $10 savings with WOOT. Sam's Club is open to 'members only'. If not already a member you must pay annual fees to become and remain a Sam's Club member. Also, wanted to check out shipping charges in case one did not live close to a club and wanted it shipped. At the link you sent it says "This item is out of stock for delivery. Please Select A Club for pick up." So, only available to anyone that lives in a Sam' Club location area and then the product is still subject to local availability. I would venture to say it would be a good guess that, even if it was available for shipping, the shipping charges would have been more than $5. This would have to be considered in you savings also.

So like you say, it is $10 less here on Woot. But in addition the product is available from Woot at this price at this time. Also, you do not have to go to a store location as it will be shipped to your home for $5.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
sixfarmhicks wrote:This set is for sale on the cuisinart.com web site for 199.99. Where does Woot come up ?

StanleyS wrote:Apparently, they use the same formula as Invicta.

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is set by the Manufacturer and not the end seller.

In the Invicta Watch example mentioned it would then be Invicta and not Woot (or any other retailer) that comes up with, "...the retail price being so high?"

For this product today, it is again the manufacturer, Cuisinart, that sets the MSRP and not Woot.

It is also very true that many manufacturers set a higher than usual price (Invicta may be King of this) to help in end marketing sales via "discounts".
Best and most common example I can thing of, When was the last time you ever heard of anyone paying 'sticker price' for a new car?

ssports

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssports
richlang wrote:Anyone concerned about how non-stick surfaces wear out? Guess where it goes? Only one place - in the food and in our bodies.

Ummm, ok but did you ever think about the great sex Benifits? No k-y needed tonight honey!

gmrote8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmrote8

I'm just wondering if the handles really do stay cool?

wsandman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsandman

While a very good value at $139, the $580 suggested retail price is way over stated.

mikekirchner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikekirchner
gmrote8 wrote:I'm just wondering if the handles really do stay cool?

Handles do stay cool. We have had this set for a year, and we are very pleased. Used every day, multiple times.

sraischel

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sraischel

What makes some pans better or worse for induction stove tops? And what are the negative effects for your food or your pans?

mgilmer54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgilmer54

Anybody know where these are made? I religiously avoid anything made in China that touches my food.

wolvesdragon55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolvesdragon55

They were really great for the first year and a half or so. After that we had to replace the frying pans because no matter what we did to them (including the treatments Cuisinart suggested), they started to stick really, really badly. All the pots still work (going on 3 years now) and stayed in great condition, probably because they are used less. I'm expecting them to start getting worse fairly soon though.

sjsteinke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjsteinke

I've had a set of Cuisinart cookware just like this one and I LOVE them!! But beware, they are not diswasher safe. Putting them in the dishwasher will ruin them in a matter of months. They have to be hand washed when dirty, but because of the finish, they wash up super easy. Many times we don't even wash the frying pans, just wipe them out with a paper towel and they are good to go.

fmejias

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmejias

Looks like Cuisinart is offering a free 2-piece knife set with the purchase of any cookware valued higher than $99.99 and can be combined with any other mail in rebates... http://www.cuisinartwebstore.com/pdf/CUI_cookware_rebate-121231.pdf

nameyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nameyon
nameyon wrote:

What is the weight of the set?

ParadingLunatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ParadingLunatic

I was given a smaller version of this set quite a long time ago and wish I re-gifted it. Don't get me wrong the cooking surface is still holding up really well, but the handles and lids are crap! Even while using it on a proper size burner the handles and the handles on the lids can get hot. Also with the way the handles are shaped, they tend to hurt your hand since they're relatively flat.

I actually wish I kept my old set, but would have felt guilty re-gifting. So now I'm stuck with this until I get the money together to get a real set.

richlang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richlang
ssports wrote:Ummm, ok but did you ever think about the great sex Benifits? No k-y needed tonight honey!

Learn how to please women and you won't need anything.

grburdett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grburdett

I bought the 17 pc set in Jan. 2010 for $200. It was my first purchase of a cookware set and I've got no complaints whatsoever.
They still clean up easy and dont stick (I've never used spray). The handles DO NOT get hot.
The pan I use the most has a little bit of discoloration on the bottom, but who cares, it isn't ugly and I proudly hang them for all to see.
btw, I also followed the directions of not using full heat (not necessary) and letting them cool before placing in water.

edit: Oh, and NEVER, EVER use metalic utensils. duh ;)

tighed1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tighed1
richlang wrote:Learn how to please women and you won't need anything.

Oh Snap!!!

Random C rap--
Random C rap--MicroSD Cards--Broken Ass Vector Lamps(2)--Dirt Devil Vac--Roomba--Seagate Hard Drive--Roomba--SanDisk Sansa(4)--Vector Rechargable Lamp--Dirt Devil Cordless Vac 'n Mop--HP Premium 4×6 Photo Paper--Oregon Scientific Pedometer with Panic Alarm
Random C rap
Logitech Wireless Play Link--BFG Geforce 6200 PCI Express 32MB Video Card-- Fitness Blood Pressure Monitor
InFocus Ultra-Thin 61" DLP HDTV with Blender

nancyjorgensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyjorgensen
sraischel wrote:What makes some pans better or worse for induction stove tops? And what are the negative effects for your food or your pans?

Induction cooktops usually need un-clad steel cookware. I have other Cuisinart pots that are aluminum, so if these are aluminum, they won't work.