spunk115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spunk115
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Wonder if J.J Abrams and Michael Bay are working on a MLP reboot?

Starring "Explodey Pony"

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Wonder if J.J Abrams and Michael Bay are working on a MLP reboot?

Only if Doctor Hooves is involved. :D I hope.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Whew! I was afraid I wouldn't make it in time:

Will some one trade flame monkey for this monkey with me? I'm kinda broke until tomorrow...PM if possible. Thanks

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33
pooflady wrote:Probably part of the contract.

My info is based on a source:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/15/woot-founder-leaves-amazon/
Anything else is conjecture.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 86 Private Messages sellbuyer92

What's gonna be next? I say batteries...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

mkaiserman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkaiserman

I've still never gotten a Bunch of Changelings after many years. But got 6 screaming monkeys today from 2 WootOff! Posts so it has been a good day.

High school and middle school kids LOVE these - they are popular prizes. Parents aren't as fond.

gunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunky

Moment of truth, men.

snp500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snp500

Generation 3 Ponies ending.

snp500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snp500
snp500 wrote:Generation 3 Ponies ending.

L ^ A ^ M ^ E ending

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
unknownwarrior33 wrote:My info is based on a source:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/15/woot-founder-leaves-amazon/
Anything else is conjecture.

I didn't mean he had to leave, my impression was that he couldn't leave for two years.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

orchurch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orchurch

Amazon Y'all have killed it, another with no Bunch of Changelings booo.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

AW MAN! I totally missed a new monkey.

pooflady wrote:I didn't mean he had to leave, my impression was that he couldn't leave for two years.

In a buy-out, contracts often require a two-year waiting period before a member of a board is fully vested, and 3-5 years for other employees. In other words, if snapster left before two years were up, he would have given up (what I'm sure is) millions of dollars of amazon stock. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a flood of the remaining original St. Louis employees leave in June 2013 (or 2014 or 2015: whenever they're fully vested).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

conculcate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conculcate

Getting a Random Crap is on my bucket list. I'm starting to think I can never die...

ni0h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ni0h
conculcate wrote:Getting a Random Crap is on my bucket list. I'm starting to think I can never die...

you are mistaken. most "bucketlist" items die with their designators.

here's the thing, though, mr bezos... the Bunch of Changelings is integral to woot.

was? never again? be honest, or be the opposite. yes... we know the difference.

Finzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Finzz

Can anyone tell me what's up with Woot since the sale??? Does anyone even THINK they'll offer a Bring Out Cadence for sale again? I am thinking NO! YOUR thoughts?

QuicheEater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuicheEater

I can't decide if Woot! jumped the shark when Amazon bought them or they rolled out this newly designed website. The former event definitely caused the latter event, but the move to the "if these geeks by 1 item a day, surely they'll buy 7 items a day" website gets my vote!

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor
ThunderThighs wrote:So have y'all figured out the filter theme this month? Just curious. I know ThumperChick figured it out last week.

I think I finally DID figure it out, but it just dawned on me this morning--GROUNDHOG DAY, the movie from 1993 (yes, Bill Murray). HENCE, all the recurring products throughout the Wootoff!

zen21tao

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zen21tao

I'm sorry, but ever since Amazon acquired Woot, Woot has been nothing more than a clearinghouse for Amazon products.

Before Amazon the offering in both their 'item a day' and 'woot-off' formats were much more varied and at a much better price. Most of the time, less than anywhere else on the internet.

Also, Since being with Woot, I have scored 10 Bags of Crap. 6 before Amazon and 4 after.

Before Amazon, one of them was a Philips Streamium Media Center and one of them has 14 working Sansa and a GPS. Even the worst one back then was 3 dvd movies.

After Amazon, the Bags of Crap haven't even been good enough to warrant taking a picture and posting about in the forums. In fact, I no longer even bother to try an score them. I have completely lost interest in them.

Woot used to be a unique culture that I was happy to be a part of. Now it's nothing more than just another retailer.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
zen21tao wrote:I'm sorry, but ever since Amazon acquired Woot, Woot has been nothing more than a clearinghouse for Amazon products.

Before Amazon the offering in both their 'item a day' and 'woot-off' formats were much more varied and at a much better price. Most of the time, less than anywhere else on the internet.

Also, Since being with Woot, I have scored 10 Bags of Crap. 6 before Amazon and 4 after.

Before Amazon, one of them was a Philips Streamium Media Center and one of them has 14 working Sansa and a GPS. Even the worst one back then was 3 dvd movies.

After Amazon, the Bags of Crap haven't even been good enough to warrant taking a picture and posting about in the forums. In fact, I no longer even bother to try an score them. I have completely lost interest in them.

Woot used to be a unique culture that I was happy to be a part of. Now it's nothing more than just another retailer.

Totally! I kind of get annoyed when I see those flashing lights when I log on in the morning...

Skizzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skizzo

unknownwarrior33 wrote:Wow, there's been a whole lot of Rainbow Dashing these last couple days. I know some of it is just trolls, but beyond that...look, I was hoping for a Bunch of Changelings too, but that's not what this is about. Heck, when I first started on Woot that was just something they'd occasionally do as a gag, not what people specifically looked for.

No, the real issue for these people is that Woot was bought out by Amazon, and whenever a big company gets involved with something, people start hating it. Not because of any actual decline in the service, but because it's a big company.

I am all for company growth. I think everyone would be happy if they brought back Bunch of Changelings#39;s during Woot Offs, especially on Christmas. I love the expansion of categories.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

No longer care about the Bunch of Changelings,got three and trashed everything. Last two just about everone got the same no value stuff. Bought my last monkey months ago, I now have about 60 of them so enough is enough. Used to really get into the Wootoffs but something is now missing so I just check off and on and seldom see anything I want any more. Still check every day but not like the old days..... I don't blame Amazon

meppensam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meppensam

was there no Bunch of Changelings this woot off What The Hay?

gmacpurifier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmacpurifier

When was the last Bunch of Changelings anyway? I haven't seen one in ages even though they do a Woot Off every other week now.

Last Woot!: Brick of Carbonite
Last Bundles of Clones 5-23-12
Total Bundles of Clones: 10

EvoEight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvoEight

I guess they can take the site out of Beta now. Working as intended (as in no more buggy Bunch of Changelings).

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Nah, they didn't not offer Bunch of Changelings during woot offs before amazon. check out this monkey thread from 2008 http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2101728&pageindex=1&replycount=2263

zen21tao wrote:I'm sorry, but ever since Amazon acquired Woot, Woot has been nothing more than a clearinghouse for Amazon products.

that was fun while it lasted!