3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 47" 1080p LED HDTV
$449.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great user ratings over at cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-47ls4500/4505-6482_7-35536580.html

cupofworms

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupofworms

Well that sucks for some people. Wasn't this on here just a few hours ago for $499?

[MOD: Hope. Different model number 47LV4400. This is 47LS4500.]

vicentel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vicentel

Does this do ARC?

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33

And we're back to normal. We can finally sleep, people!

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33

Psht, and people say Woot doesn't sell things at awesome prices anymore.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

I own this specific HDTV, and it's been flawless for over 2 years! It gets a lot of use - yes, I'm a TV addict. What first amazed me was how very slender it was (compared to my old analog). Although initially I was stunned by the size in my smallish living room (hadn't quite grasped the dimension), but can honestly say I'm a convert now!

Lazarus2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lazarus2

Just a note of clarification:
LG's "TruMotion 120Hz" is NOT true 120Hz. It is 60Hz with firmware to help clear the 60Hz blurring.

SEE:
http://hdguru.com/lg-55lm6700-hdtv-review-when-120-hz-isnt-120-hz-updated/8281/

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80
cupofworms wrote:Well that sucks for some people. Wasn't this on here just a few hours ago for $499?

[MOD: Hope. Different model number 47LV4400. This is 47LS4500.]

To confirm what the mod said... nope, this is a different (better) model.
I'm actually quite interested in THIS one

bcfinlay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcfinlay

Amazon has quite a few good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B0096FB9K0/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics

It's going for $578-$579 on most sites. Wonder if I can sneak this past my hubby.

evilg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilg
bcfinlay wrote:Amazon has quite a few good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B0096FB9K0/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics

It's going for $578-$579 on most sites. Wonder if I can sneak this past my hubby.

Sneak it past your hubby? If my wife came home with a TV like this I would...well I don't know what I would do, but complain about it would not happen!!

birarda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birarda

Is this the best deal on a 47" HDTV for the next little bit? Moving into a new place in a week.

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

You would be nuts to buy this. With the square trade warranty is 518.00 and you need the square trade warranty for this is a refurb. With shipping its 523.00. A NEW one at Best Buy is 579.00 and if you look I bet you can find a better deal new

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
Lazarus2 wrote:Just a note of clarification:
LG's "TruMotion 120Hz" is NOT true 120Hz. It is 60Hz with firmware to help clear the 60Hz blurring.

SEE:

Very true, but this also prevents what people call the "Soap Opera Effect" which things look almost too real like they were filmed on a digital camcorder. Some people like it, some don't... I had the 3D model above this for a couple of weeks and was VERY pleasantly surprised at the image quality, including black levels for an LED-LCD. This is also an IPS panel which gives it "plasma-like" viewing angles.

Bottom line is LG makes great "bang for the buck" TV's... I'm just not so sure that this is that great of a deal, that's up to you guys. I was LUCKY to find the 3D model new for $550. Ended up returning it to get a 60" plasma, also LG.

axemurderer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages axemurderer

does anyone know what the actual response time is? the specs seem to confuse response time with refresh rate...

after some searching, all i could find is someone (likely an Loco in the Coco) claiming it's 1ms.

edit: lolz @ word filter

cjfrieg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjfrieg

Buyer beware! I bought one at the $499 price and it arrived in some shabby box with a small piece from the stand broken off and the infrared censor that controls any remote was damaged. So I have to get up everytime I want to turn up/down the volume. Spend the extra money and get one from a store with a warranty.

deanholmes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deanholmes

I would question reliability, how many refurbished do they have for sale and why all these refurbished units?

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
sellbuyer92 wrote:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+47%22+Class+(44-9/10%22+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/6685302.p?id=1218808389180&skuId=6685302&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6685302&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!44530243511!g!!19545109271&gclid=CIW1uf-ogLUCFYVFMgoduFAAyg HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE...I say it's a good investment...

Per your link, BB says list price is $650 but Amazon says it's $599. Where do they get these MSRPs?

Either way it looks like a good deal, even for a refurb.

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

I have this TV.. actually I have the 550 with internet built in..
The picture quality is great.. had it for two years and would buy again..
LG makes some of the best panels.
While this is a great TV.. I think you can do better price wise on a newer one..

kakomu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kakomu
Lazarus2 wrote:Just a note of clarification:

SEE:

As an aside, I wouldn't call slow response time effects "blurring" so much as "ghosting". My previous TV from ~2007 had a fairly slow response time and the effects was mostly having a slight trail of previous frames in high contrast scenes.

However any contemporary TV should have a response time fast enough to avoid such artifacts. 120hz's main benefits are judder elimination (fitting 24 fps evenly into the refresh rate) and the motion compensated frame rate increases, which IMO, almost always look awful, especially considering how many TVs exhibit motion artifacts and how many of them seem to slow down and speed up.

McDicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McDicker

Regarding the USB input, does anyone know if you can play video files via the USB?? Or is it service only?
I can't seem to find that info online.

ikickedagirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikickedagirl
cjfrieg wrote:Buyer beware! I bought one at the $499 price and it arrived in some shabby box with a small piece from the stand broken off and the infrared censor that controls any remote was damaged. So I have to get up everytime I want to turn up/down the volume. Spend the extra money and get one from a store with a warranty.

Where did you buy it from, woot? Did you contact them?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cjfrieg wrote:Buyer beware! I bought one at the $499 price and it arrived in some shabby box with a small piece from the stand broken off and the infrared censor that controls any remote was damaged. So I have to get up everytime I want to turn up/down the volume. Spend the extra money and get one from a store with a warranty.

Sorry for the shipping issues. We haven't sold this LG model before though. I hope you contacted support@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

corvettejoe

quality posts: 22 Private Messages corvettejoe

VERY tempting.

It has extremely high reviews on Amazon, BestBuy, cNet, TigerDirect, BHPhotovideo. Most forums that have people asking about it or that own one all seem to love them and say the picture is excellent.

SOOOOO sooooo tempted. (looking to replace my aging Vizio 42" with blown out HDMI port (lightning hit). I really wanted a 55" but this seems to be a decent price for a top rated TV.

crob108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crob108

I currently own this TV as well (bought as a refurb, 2 years ago) and have never had an issue with it. The LG apps also makes it easier to watch Netflix, MLB.TV, and others because you don't have to start your gaming system everytime! I'd give it an A+, especially at this price.

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder

I could connect a laptop to this... but what are the LG Apps? Could someone explain?

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53
robmaeder wrote:I could connect a laptop to this... but what are the LG Apps? Could someone explain?

Some versions have Internet apps with built in Netflix, hulu, etc... I have the 550 and it has these features.. I don't believe this model does...

cjmoran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjmoran
robmaeder wrote:I could connect a laptop to this... but what are the LG Apps? Could someone explain?

There are no apps on this TV. Someone has this confused with another model.

Rock

jakesaturn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakesaturn

So I went ahead and purchased the tv, but I have a question. How do you add the square trade warranty? Secondly, is it really necessary to buy it?? I normally don't buy warranties for my electronics?? Anyone ever been "burned" by a refurb???

89titanium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 89titanium

I have the 55" version of this exact model (the 55LS4500). The 55-inch one is $700 right now at TigerDirect by the way.

Great TV if all you need is a nice picture to display your stuff. Works perfectly for my HTPC. No apps, no nonsense.

Bear in mind, it's still an LED-LCD screen, so black levels will be mediocre. This will always be the case unless you're spending like over $3k on one... or go with plasma. That being said, this screen is glossy, which helps black levels as long as you have no light sources behind you. Make sure of this before you buy. Other aspects of the picture on this thing are just about perfect. Colors are perfect, and it has built-in calibration.

Regarding "TruMotion"... There is no option to adjust this. It is already set at the optimal setting though, meaning it's almost totally disabled. There is NO "soap-opera" effect at all. And if you want that, too bad. No noticable ghosting either.

adilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adilla
mevande wrote:You would be nuts to buy this. With the square trade warranty is 518.00 and you need the square trade warranty for this is a refurb. With shipping its 523.00. A NEW one at Best Buy is 579.00 and if you look I bet you can find a better deal new

THIS!

Even if you're looking for a two year old used TV this isn't a hot deal.

rhinoceros1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rhinoceros1

dog weiner (hee hee)

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Most of your answers can be found here

Includes a Q&A section along with a PDF download

billthegunowner

quality posts: 14 Private Messages billthegunowner

People, this is old technology. Get a smart TV with wireless internet. I bought a Visio smart TV from Woot, and enjoy Netflix, Rhapsody, YouTube, etc. Sold my old 47" dumb TV on Craigs List for $250.00

Bill

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
kakomu wrote:As an aside, I wouldn't call slow response time effects "blurring" so much as "ghosting". My previous TV from ~2007 had a fairly slow response time and the effects was mostly having a slight trail of previous frames in high contrast scenes.

However any contemporary TV should have a response time fast enough to avoid such artifacts. 120hz's main benefits are judder elimination (fitting 24 fps evenly into the refresh rate) and the motion compensated frame rate increases, which IMO, almost always look awful, especially considering how many TVs exhibit motion artifacts and how many of them seem to slow down and speed up.

Response time and refresh are two different things. This has a 60Hz refresh rate (with trumotion software) and probably a 5-6.5ms response time, but it's not advertised. Poor response time can lead to ghosting (image kind of left on screen after it should be gone), lower refresh can lead to motion blur (blurriness in moving scenes). These LG's do not have any problem with ghosting at all and while only 60hz, it seems to do well in motion scenes with it's Trumotion fake-120Hz software.

snarp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snarp

I suppose this is a dumb question, but since I've never owned a digital TV it's not obvious to me: Does this have built in speakers?

azinck3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azinck3
billthegunowner wrote:People, this is old technology. Get a smart TV with wireless internet. I bought a Visio smart TV from Woot, and enjoy Netflix, Rhapsody, YouTube, etc. Sold my old 47" dumb TV on Craigs List for $250.00

You can easily turn a "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV with a $50 Roku box or a web-enabled Blu-ray player or an XBox 360 or a PS3, or an Apple TV etc., etc. There are loads of options for internet connectivity these days. In my experience, a TV's lifespan is greater than the useful lifespan of the "smart" technology du jour so it's hardly important to have it built into the TV.

89titanium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 89titanium
billthegunowner wrote:People, this is old technology. Get a smart TV with wireless internet. I bought a Visio smart TV from Woot, and enjoy Netflix, Rhapsody, YouTube, etc. Sold my old 47" dumb TV on Craigs List for $250.00

I think YOU'RE the one behind on the times. You see, I have this TV, and I can do all these things on it, plus much much more. Why have my TV do things that my PC can do better?

Not to mention Roku/WiiU/BR Player/PS3/Xbox360.