BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry

Dead sea tupperware!

0 quality posts and proud of it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morgenthaler wrote:I count 27, not 28

I counted like 3 times. There's 28. You might be missing the glass lid on one piece.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theflaneur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theflaneur
Lineback wrote:Is it easy to store. I live in NYC and kitchen storage space is at a minimum. I have a set of pyrex round bowls that stack together, just wondering if anyone knows if the pans do that, or if I need 8 million shelves like they have in those big suburban kitchens I keep seeing on TV.

I have the smaller version of this set. The rectangular pans will stack together (the square one doesn't fit with them). In terms of storage space, they're not the absolute best (the handles make them long, so they take up more shelf space horizontally) but they are nice quality and I like them.

vstring3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vstring3

I recently had a Pyrex dish explode after taking it out of the oven. I did not cool it or pour water on it - I put it on the stove top to cool. I heard a hissing noise before it exploded several feet in front of me, glass everywhere.

I'm reluctant to buy any Pyrex now.

mysdmojo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mysdmojo

My last Pyrex dish exploded. But not randomly, so I query those who have had this issue. Did you by chance first drink two bottles of wine, take the dish out of the piping hot oven and then woefully abort all knowledge of science as you poured colder-than-room-temp tap water into it? If so, Pyrex wins. Our science teachers lose by not teaching us these things while also placing us under the influence.

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod
vstring3 wrote:- I put it on the stove top to cool. I heard a hissing noise before it exploded

IMHO, still too much of a temp change. from say a 300F+ degree oven to maybe a 75F metal stove top, need to use something between, maybe a trivet, a pot holder or dish towel. if feasible just turn off oven, open door and pull rack out a bit to cool.

nicsmith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicsmith

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when Pyrex stuff comes on? Every time you read the same stupid comments about the new soda lime thing vs the old something starting with a B thing. We got the point 100 comments ago. They’re a couple bucks a piece, just deal with it. Happy Friday everyone!

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo

I have the dubious honor of having exploded an old-style Pyrex casserole. What can I say? I was young, stupid, and making (lava-hot) candy...

bprjam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bprjam
Lineback wrote:Is it easy to store. I live in NYC and kitchen storage space is at a minimum. I have a set of pyrex round bowls that stack together, just wondering if anyone knows if the pans do that, or if I need 8 million shelves like they have in those big suburban kitchens I keep seeing on TV.

Yes, I'd also like to know if they stack well. Does anyone know?

dantose

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dantose

I want this, but I've ordered 3 sets of pyrex in the past month.

I'm always serious.

JaimeDae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaimeDae
sdownin wrote:I think between wooting the Pyrex 1093838 Easy Grab 19pc Bake Set and the Pyrex 1110141 18-Piece Storage Set Blue Lids (which actually came with multi-colored lids. Good thing I'm not picky about that sort of thing), I'm pretty sure I've already got all the pieces in this set, except the measuring cups, which I'd purchased a few years back.

I really wanted to buy this, until I saw your post, and I too bought both of these that you mention and have most everything in here. Another person pointed out that it's more for someone just moving out on their own and I agree.

I just can't seem to get enough Pyrex.

I've also noticed they like to show pictures of the Pyrex storing pretzels...

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I hope my Pyrex explodes. Then I can put on sunglasses and walk away without looking back, like in the movies.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
mystixa wrote:To be more precise.. the glass is made in the USA the lids are made in China.

I can't confirm this on their webpage, where did you source this?

nowthatiscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowthatiscool

Shatter != Explode