0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Onkyo 7.1CH 3D Ready Home Theater System
$499.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jgarcia408

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jgarcia408

Im pretty sure these are the same speakers I have connected to my Onkyo receiver. They sound great.

Geesht

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Geesht

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S8409-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B005EP2HMU

They're going for $699 on Amazon with 4.5 stars.

These are tempting.

Anyone else have experience with em?

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

I want this terribly, but there is no way it would fit in the electronics cabinet I just got. -_-

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

9.0 out of 10 at testfreaks.com

http://www.testfreaks.com/home-theater-systems/onkyo-ht-s8409/

Bucuresci

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bucuresci

Title writes Onkyo 7.1.
Technical description writes 7.2
Which one is it?

honestbleeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honestbleeps

According to this review on Amazon, the receiver that's a part of this package is actually being recalled due to defects...

anyone have any knowledge on this? Is it possible the units Woot is selling were manufactured later on and do not have the defect?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R13SFLA0MVKWZZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R13SFLA0MVKWZZ

dmanharris

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmanharris

What's the chance of this getting delivered before the Superbowl?

stephenjng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenjng
Bucuresci wrote:Title writes Onkyo 7.1.
Which one is it?

"The 7.2-channel configuration on the receiver includes twin subwoofer pre-outs for added bass impact (additional subwoofer not included)"

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

Anyone know if this comes with speaker wire, or do I need a roll for delivery day? Thx!

pabst22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pabst22

I can't vouch for these or compare to much, but I do have the Onkyo 616 which is a pretty comparable receiver and it is fantastic. If I didn't have speakers already I would return it and buy this in a heartbeat.

soulsultan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soulsultan

Thank god I'm too poor to buy this setup, even at the steal that its going for in here. Who needs real sound when your imagination is free? Right?... RIGHT?!

Bucuresci

stephenjng wrote:"The 7.2-channel configuration on the receiver includes twin subwoofer pre-outs for added bass impact (additional subwoofer not included)"

Thank you, sir.

scotttampa

dmanharris wrote:What's the chance of this getting delivered before the Superbowl?

100% if you select next day shipping in checkout... 2day may work too...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scotttampa wrote:Anyone know if this comes with speaker wire, or do I need a roll for delivery day? Thx!

According to this product sheet, it comes with speaker wire.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Bucuresci

dmanharris wrote:What's the chance of this getting delivered before the Superbowl?

What are the chances of Superbowl being delayed?

scotttampa

Bucuresci wrote:What are the chances of Superbowl being delayed?

What are the chances of you paying for overnight or 2day shipping? :-)

danlab825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlab825
Geesht wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S8409-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B005EP2HMU

These are tempting.

I don't really know about the speakers but I've been using the same receiver from the bundle for about a year now and have been really happy with it.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
scotttampa wrote:What are the chances of you paying for overnight or 2day shipping? :-)

I didn't see overnight available. That may be a mistake though.

Djrcourt101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Djrcourt101
Geesht wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S8409-7-1-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B005EP2HMU

These are tempting.

Bought these from newegg.com a little over a year ago. I love them. I've had no issues, sound quality is excellent. Great features as well.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Here is the instruction manual for the TX-NR609 receiver that comes with this system.

theguruguys

A very detailed demonstration of the receiver that this comes with.

Cnet's video review of the TX-NR609

theguruguys

The receiver alone sells with a 1 year factory warranty for $269.99... REFURBISHED.

This system sells refurbished for $499. This is a really good deal since its NEW here.

Geesht

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Geesht
Djrcourt101 wrote:Bought these from newegg.com a little over a year ago. I love them. I've had no issues, sound quality is excellent. Great features as well.

Now I'm looking for stuff to sell to buy these...so tempting.

fiat124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiat124

I see the Specs tab shows the power input on the Receiver is 120v/60hz.

Does that mean it is NOT dual voltage? Just confirming for me and the rest of the APO'ers.

Thanks!

theguruguys

fiat124 wrote:I see the Specs tab shows the power input on the Receiver is 120v/60hz.

Does that mean it is NOT dual voltage? Just confirming for me and the rest of the APO'ers.

Thanks!

The manual for the receiver says:

Power Supply (North American and Taiwan)
AC 120 V, 60 Hz
(Others)
AC 220 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz

I think they market two different models - also many images of the back of the unit only show '230V 50HZ' or '120V 60Hz', not both as usually seen when something is dual voltage. I don't think the one they are selling here will work overseas, but can not say for certain.

kitte92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitte92
Djrcourt101 wrote:Bought these from newegg.com a little over a year ago. I love them. I've had no issues, sound quality is excellent. Great features as well.

really? I 'd want to buy one, but it is still a little expensive to me, what do you think this promotion?

doubleedgedspork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubleedgedspork

Does anyone know if the receiver is compatible with video airplay? What about Bluetooth?

scotttampa

doubleedgedspork wrote:Does anyone know if the receiver is compatible with video airplay? What about Bluetooth?

No Bluetooth, but has wifi...

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
scotttampa wrote:Anyone know if this comes with speaker wire, or do I need a roll for delivery day? Thx!

It comes with Speaker Wire, but it's cheap. You're better served getting some 14 to 16 gauge speaker wire, depending on the layout of your theater room. Also, invest in some banana plugs! Makes your life so much easier setting this up. Find those at Monoprice.com.

Here are the ones I bought. $1.76 per pair. Only need 3 pairs (Subwoofer has its own cable), which gives you a discount at $1.62 a pair.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=2943&CAWELAID=1329448142&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLuB3fzMj7UCFQLd4AodE3UAsg

OldMatador

scotttampa wrote:No Bluetooth, but has wifi...

Optional USB WiFi, which is sold separately.

OldMatador

I have an Onkyo Home Theater in a Box (2010 version) and I adore it. I'd almost spring for these.

If the receiver is being recalled, Onkyo will tell you when you register (This unit is being sold as new, so new warranty should apply). Since Woot is a subsidiary of Amazon, they are an authorized reseller, so the warranty should be valid and the repair is free along with shipping for it. I had my receiver AND subwoofer recalled, but it didn't cost me a dime to repair. Onkyo's customer service was fairly painless. The items are shipped to a local Onkyo authorized repair shop.

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

I'm so annoyed with myself. I bought a Sony STR DH720 off ebay used (hasn't even shipped yet) and started to configure a setup consisting of 2 JBL ES20s, 2 Infinity Primus P143s, 1 Cerwin Vega VE-5C center and a Yamaha SW216BL sub. The speakers cost $500 alone and that's a 5.1 setup. I wonder if refusing delivery of the receiver will result in a refund from the seller. Or does it not work like that on ebay items?

I'd really rather have this Onkyo system as it's more compact and the receiver has more features (except the upscaling the Sony has). I haven't heard the greatest things about Onkyo speakers but when there are 7 of them it's hard to argue.

ETA: CARP! This receiver model has upscaling as well. Any advice?

OldMatador

For those not familiar: the thicker your speaker wire, the better the sound quality holds at longer distances. 14-gauge speaker wire is THICKER than 16-gauge.

In a normal living room setup, you'll only really need 16 gauge, but if it's cavernous, roll with the 14 gauge.

As I said before, this setup does come with speaker wire, but it's cheap and thin. Don't be a cheapskate setting this up and spring for proper speaker wire. You'll thank me later.

OldMatador

Arista07 wrote:I'm so annoyed with myself. I bought a Sony STR DH720 off ebay used (hasn't even shipped yet) and started to configure a setup consisting of 2 JBL ES20s, 2 Infinity Primus P143s, 1 Cerwin Vega VE-5C center and a Yamaha SW216BL sub. The speakers cost $500 alone and that's a 5.1 setup. I wonder if refusing delivery of the receiver will result in a refund from the seller. Or does it not work like that on ebay items?

I'd really rather have this Onkyo system as it's more compact and the receiver has more features (except the upscaling the Sony has). I haven't heard the greatest things about Onkyo speakers but when there are 7 of them it's hard to argue.

The speakers aren't the best in the world, but they are good enough.

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob

I am a not-so-attractive single gal on a budget so I went searching for a home theater system to attract men. Of all the ones I sat on, this seems to vibrate the most, with avuncular waves that pulsate in a most titular manner. Indeed, when the bass is turned up, and I'm sitting on the subwoofer at just the right angle, I no longer feel the need to find a man. Who needs 7.1" when this has 7.1 channels?

If you're ugly, and don't like the bar scene or idiopathic colloquialisms, then you should give this a try. It sure beats hanging out at bus stops, and just may be the best $499 you'll ever spend without the risk of disease or a broken heart.

briannanoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages briannanoob
briannanoob wrote:I am a not-so-attractive single gal on a budget so I went searching for a home theater system to attract men. Of all the ones I sat on, this seems to vibrate the most, with avuncular waves that pulsate in a most titular manner. Indeed, when the bass is turned up, and I'm sitting on the subwoofer at just the right angle, I no longer feel the need to find a man. Who needs 7.1" when this has 7.1 channels?

If you're ugly, and don't like the bar scene or idiopathic colloquialisms, then you should give this a try. It sure beats hanging out at bus stops, and just may be the best $499 you'll ever spend without the risk of disease or a broken heart.

By the way, this was not meant for a wet environment so you plan to use it in a tub or underwater, I'd recommend you look elsewhere. Also, this does NOT run on batteries so tailgating may not be possible.

dtbramlett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtbramlett

Quick question from someone relatively new to the home audio field.

I have been looking at best buy to get a home theater system. i was planning to spend $500-800. The salesperson suggested i look at the bose GS series 2 ~$720.

I would like to get some opinons on whether i should get the Onkyo, Bose GS S2, or something else altogether. Thoughts?

kornkid42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kornkid42
Bucuresci wrote:Title writes Onkyo 7.1.
Which one is it?

Receiver is 7.2, but you are getting 1 subwoofer.