0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum
$229.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

insurgent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages insurgent

Like all Dyson Woots: It Sucks!

Disclaimer: I own a Dyson and I love it

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Looks like Dyson's first Valentines Day color, 2 weeks in advance. 'Nice timing, Woot!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3040 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

763 reviews!!

http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC25-All-Floors-Upright-Cleaner/dp/B0014E3GM0

WhoKnowsWho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhoKnowsWho

Why are there so many refurbished Dyson vacs all the time?

Moueska

quality posts: 53 Private Messages Moueska

ohmmmmm....

I sense this to be a Slydon write-up.

:D

ohmmmm....

/zen

/reservestheRightToBeWrong

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Some pretty good items in yesterday's woot!. Today... meh.

A friend of mine just bought a Dyson, despite my best efforts to ward them away from them. They seem to be happy enough with it. Waaaay overpriced for me.

mnasatka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnasatka

Anybody have experience with these Dyson refurbs? I know I've seen them here in the past and wanted some info on how these stack up. Woot's return policy gives me some pause. Thanks in advance.

Pipanella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pipanella

I have a purple Dyson Animal that I bought refurbished years ago. I love it, although my husband doesn't think it performs any better than any other vacuum we've had. (I disagree.) I've wanted a Dyson Ball, but have concerns about it scratching wood floors. I've read in some reviews that this might be an issue. Has anyone here got any input on that?

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

Compare to the cheapest online $300.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dyson-DC25-All-Floor-Vacuum-Refurbished/4226792/product.html?cid=209797&fp=F&TRACK=CSEShopzilla&mr:referralID=80d87d56-6b6f-11e2-b779-001b2166c62d
According to the reviews this guys is fantastic at maneuvering which is the issue with most upright vacuums (including mine...) I may just have to bite.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

Pipanella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pipanella
mnasatka wrote:Anybody have experience with these Dyson refurbs? I know I've seen them here in the past and wanted some info on how these stack up. Woot's return policy gives me some pause. Thanks in advance.

I bought a refurbished Dyson Animal from another place probably 9 or 10 years ago (that "O" place) and when it arrived, the metal tubing had gotten dented in shipping and it couldn't be assembled. We called the Dyson customer service number and they asked for a serial number on the vacuum. That indicated to them that it was a refurbished model, but it didn't matter - they shipped out a new part right away and we had it in three days. We've never had a problem with the vacuum. It works great!

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect

A Ball Vacuum? That's a pretty specialized product. So, is it for the left or right?

ZedAvatar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZedAvatar
Prime Suspect wrote:A Ball Vacuum? That's a pretty specialized product. So, is it for the left or right?

And does it have the proper amount of suction?

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca
Prime Suspect wrote:A Ball Vacuum? That's a pretty specialized product. So, is it for the left or right?

Is there an attachment for everything in between?

Moueska

quality posts: 53 Private Messages Moueska

... I do NOT like the way this convesation is headed.

XD

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 538 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, at least the conversation is getting interesting. Just keep it PG-13, please.

◄••• Click

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

I believe the red Dyson DC25 is the "blitz it" model. Do we have a list of expected accessories (is the description accurate or does it have others)?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 538 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tegeril wrote:I believe the red Dyson DC25 is the "blitz it" model. Do we have a list of expected accessories?

Refurbished models generally come with just the basic accessories. Here's the list from the Specs tab:

In the box:

(1) Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum - Red

Crevice Tool
Upholstery Tool
User’s Guide
Warranty Card

◄••• Click

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, at least the conversation is getting interesting. Just keep it PG-13, please.

PG-13? Can't we at least do TV14?

Crevice Tool....?

bdtribble

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdtribble

I bought one last time they were on sale and have had it for about a year and a half now. Let's say that I vacuum up a lot of stuff that isn't supposed to be vacuumed against my wife's orders and ours still works great. I would buy another at this price if I had a use for it. Italso rmbarresed the Kirby salesman pretty bad when his 2500 dollar vacuum didn't do any better than by refurbed Dyson XD

zasdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zasdad

How does this work on stairs?

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999

I got a different refurb Dyson Woot and one day stumbled upon a YouTube set of vids on how to take apart your Dyson and do a complete cleaning/wash down.

It was really easy to take the whole thing apart and wash out. It takes a couple days to dry out the filters but did seem to make a difference.

If anyone cares, a search of your model on YT should bring up instructions of or what parts come apart & are washable.

ceagee

quality posts: 60 Private Messages ceagee

A nice write up about refurbishing by Dyson:

Dyson refurbished vacuums have been stripped down, cleaned out, reassembled and thoroughly tested. They?re restored to a fully functional condition. In short, they are everything a Dyson machine should be- they work properly and don?t lose suction. Dyson refurbishes vacuums that are returned to us by retailers or consumers. Refurbishing these machines, rather than disposing of them, means that the parts and materials are re-used instead of wasted. When a machine comes to us to be refurbished, it is first stripped down as far as necessary. Components removed from the machine that meet our high standards of quality are kept and cleaned. Most damaged or broken components are sent away for recycling. The core of the machine is thoroughly cleaned and new parts are added to replace damaged or cosmetically unacceptable parts discovered during the stripping down process. Just like our brand new machines, the rebuilt machine then undergoes a comprehensive series of electrical and performance tests to ensure that it works as it should. For our vacuums, one of the tests carried out is a suction test. All refurbished vacuums are electrically tested in compliance with electrical and safety requirements. One of the primary differences between a new Dyson machine and a refurbished Dyson machine is its appearance? a scratch here or there or a slightly clouded bin may provide a clue that it has been previously used. After it has passed all of the tests, the machine is then packaged and sent out. All Dyson refurbished vacuums come with a 6 month parts and labor warranty.

quote source

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

Wild is the Wind generated inside a Dyson.

never owned one, just loved the album...

lrsmithwhaley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrsmithwhaley

I've used a Dyson for a couple years on both Laminate, and Hardwood floors with no scratches.

Pipanella wrote:I have a purple Dyson Animal that I bought refurbished years ago. I love it, although my husband doesn't think it performs any better than any other vacuum we've had. (I disagree.) I've wanted a Dyson Ball, but have concerns about it scratching wood floors. I've read in some reviews that this might be an issue. Has anyone here got any input on that?

nescid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nescid

Yes,
Bought the purple refurb. here last month. Love it. Picks up LOTS that the oreck left behind.Obviously maneuverable,and no smelly bag...

mnasatka wrote:Anybody have experience with these Dyson refurbs? I know I've seen them here in the past and wanted some info on how these stack up. Woot's return policy gives me some pause. Thanks in advance.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

Where's my cat? It's time for the boss level!

mhmank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhmank

I have purchased two Dyson refurbished units from Woot in the last three years. When they arrived there is no way you could differentiate them from brand new. They are the best vacuums I have ever owned. I would never buy any other brand again. I have a two story home and I have a Dyson on each floor. I am debating getting this for my finished basement. The red color really tempts me since it is my favorite color.

hbernstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hbernstein

I got the yellow ball a while ago. I gave away "what was left of it" a few days ago and bought a Hoover Windtunnel Max at Costco for 149.

The problem with the Dyson? Repairs. The first repair Dyson sent me parts (since it was out of warranty very quickly) and I mostly repaired it, but it wouldn't stand up by itself without some manual intervention because (I think) I put a spring in backwards. There was no local repair and I wasn't going to ship it in at my expense. The second problem most recently is that the bottom brush lost a ring that contains it (I think). It started wobbling loudly and producing heat.

If the Hoover dies, back to Costco, no problem. It seems to suck as good as the Dyson - it's pretty much a copy. And the cord retracts.

kenperko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenperko

I bought a refurb (not from Woot) and just waited to register it until the first time it broke. Then the warranty started, so after 6 months when it broke again we gave up.

Pros: yes, they suck. Bagless is great.

Cons: Lots of crucial plastic parts which break easily.

kwanghyun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwanghyun

Could you please...
Supply Power is 110voltage?
or Free voltage????

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4
fjp999 wrote:I got a different refurb Dyson Woot and one day stumbled upon a YouTube set of vids on how to take apart your Dyson and do a complete cleaning/wash down.

It was really easy to take the whole thing apart and wash out. It takes a couple days to dry out the filters but did seem to make a difference.

If anyone cares, a search of your model on YT should bring up instructions of or what parts come apart & are washable.

My 3 year old son is infatuated with our Dyson (which we purchased as a refurb from woot) He watches those YouTube videos all the time. He can strip the vacuum down and clean and replace all of the filters on his own. Him and I actually once got into an argument about me needed to clean a filter in the ball to which I insisted didn't exist. To say face (yeah, I'm not afraid to say face to a 3 year old) I opened up the ball and sure enough, he was right. If a three year old can make easy work of it, any adult could.

This Dyson is very durable, very well built, and I couldn't see anything that would have led me to believe it was a refurb... as far as I was concerned, it was in "new" condition.

To respond to the "how's it work on stairs"... not bad. No better or worse than any other bagless upright. I don't usually take the vacuum on the stairs anyway, just use the hose and attachment. We have a dog, and it picks the hair off the stairs just fine.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

lannycohorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lannycohorn
Moueska wrote:... I do NOT like the way this convesation is headed.

XD

You said "headed". Huh huh

fenix1186

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fenix1186

The real question is, if these Dyson vacuums are so good... then why are there so many refurbished ones on W00t all the time? Just an idea to ponder.

Stupoopy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stupoopy
fenix1186 wrote:The real question is, if these Dyson vacuums are so good... then why are there so many refurbished ones on W00t all the time? Just an idea to ponder.

Valid question. My understanding is refurbished doens't just mean it was returned. It also means they could be factory seconds. Small imperfections did not pass QC but was otherwise perfectly fine would be considered "refurbished."

Maybe they break a lot though.

My mom had a Dyson. It broke very easily. It's made of plastic! But then again, I did run over it with my car on accident.

I bought her a DC25 (i think), and she LOVES it and it works like a charm. It's been a year and it's going strong. In terms of hardwood floors, I know you can turn off the spinny brush thing.

I have a DC24, which is also a ball vacuum, much smaller (good for my apt). Very nice as well.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The most important thing to acknowledge here is how awesome this extended David Bowie homage is.

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar

How does this "Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum" compare with more expensive DC41 model? I heard great things about Dyson but they are expensive items to purchase.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

Bought my refurb. DC25 ball Dyson a couple of years ago from Woot. Love it! The ball makes going around corners a breeze. Just be aware that the beater bar is very powerfull. It grabbed carpet fibers from a seam and before I knew it, it had pulled up a string of carpet fibers. It was cheap rental apt. carpet, nothing a blue Sharpie couldn't fix

oxfordcomma77

quality posts: 5 Private Messages oxfordcomma77

My wife and I bought this exact same Dyson last year. At first I wasn't thrilled with the idea of spending so much on a vacuum. When I was young, my family always bought the cheap vacuums and I thought they worked just fine. Quickly I found out that the Dyson was worth every penny. The first day we brought it home, it quickly filled up with all of the dust and dirt our other vacuums had missed for months. The ball allows it to move it around the whole house very well, wheather is is on carpet, tile, or hardwood. We don't even use a broom in the kitchen. Even a year and a half later it is still working just as well as the day we bought it. A lot of people may be on the fence, I just wanted to make my public service announcement to help people make a better decision on which side to jump on.