ChronoMATT


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ChronoMATT

That happened a long time ago. Most, if not all of Kodak's products, were made in China (like a majority of all electronic manufacturers) and some reviewers would say were "crappy".

StanleyS wrote:And I can't wait for the first piece of crappy, Chinese-made junk to have the Kodak name to be featured here on Woot.



sethhill2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethhill2
Soapie0 wrote:Yeah, I bought the crappy batteries last time, too. We always need batteries, but the last Woot battery deal makes me super skittish now. It's a hassle to change batteries every five minutes...



Amen to that, I literally went through 32ish batteries in less than a month on solely an Apple Magic trackpad.. Some of the batteries would die in a single day! I will never purchase batteries from woot again. They should not even be able to sell something that awful. Did they test them at all? Disgusting all the production and waste that went into alllllllllll those batteries and for what? So we could all waste our money thinking we got a deal when in reality there was nothing to it? Its like buying a large coke but only putting a single drink in it.. or buying a car with one wheel. Give me a break and don't buy batteries on Woot just cause they nailed us last time! Thieves!

StanleyS


quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
ChronoMATT wrote:That happened a long time ago. Most, if not all of Kodak's products, were made in China (like a majority of all electronic manufacturers) and some reviewers would say were "crappy".

I guess I should have been more specific: Kodak flatscreen TV ("with Kodacolor technology!"), Kodak mp3 player, "Twinkies by Kodak", or anything else not related to their original product lines. (Think Polaroid).

corydjensen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corydjensen

Are the shipping rates per package of 72 or total? for example, if I order 144 batteries would I be charged $5 or $10 for standard shipping?

Thanks!

wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak Xtralife Alkaline Batteries - 72pk
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!



edpritchett2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages edpritchett2

The last batteries I bought from Woot would not even power a clock.

sellbuyer92


quality posts: 66 Private Messages sellbuyer92



In case you were wondering...


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

draven79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages draven79

Don't forget taxes...woot charged me TAXES?!? so disappointing :-(



wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Kodak Xtralife Alkaline Batteries - 72pk
$14.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!



dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

These battery offerings always make me cringe.. So horribly terribly bad for the environment.. Why would Woot! promote such an awful injustice to our fragile environment?

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
corydjensen wrote:Are the shipping rates per package of 72 or total? for example, if I order 144 batteries would I be charged $5 or $10 for standard shipping?

Thanks!



Just five dollars.

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

arneljr


quality posts: 1 Private Messages arneljr

I need AAA's for my graphing calculator, so I got some. Besides, my t.v. remote also uses them so might as well.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

corydjensen wrote:Are the shipping rates per package of 72 or total? for example, if I order 144 batteries would I be charged $5 or $10 for standard shipping?

Thanks!



the five dollars is the flat rate you pay for all the stuff you purchase on woot today.

only goes up if you expedite the shipping.

does that answer your question? let me know if you need further clarification.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

draven79 wrote:Don't forget taxes...woot charged me TAXES?!? so disappointing :-(



which state are you in?

just FYI: whether you're charged taxes has nothing to do with us and everything to do with your state government's directives.

it ain't our choice, i'm afraid. :/


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

resource82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages resource82
skou wrote:And, congress can't screw up death!

steve



They cause death and make it cost more.

Ringo4422


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
inhymn4him wrote:Love the Woot! But save your money this time guys. I bought these the last go around to use in my shotgun mics and portable video displays that I use for shooting sports events. These poor little AA's couldn't make it through one entire game of football or Lacrosse this season. I was forced to put fresh batteries in at every half so I ended up using more than twice as many batteries than usual. My recommendation is buy the Walgreens Alkaline brand 24 ct when on sale. They last longer and are dependable. If your looking just for an inexpensive battery then these Kodak's are your man. Have a blessed day!

I have also seen that the Walgreens alkalines are quite good. I will always go for them before Energizer or Duracel. You get a better deal per watt with the Walgreens cells.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

miken927


quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Useless fact: Did you know "Kodak" is an example of onamonapia? The company was named for the sound the shutter makes on a traditional camera: ko-DAK!


------------------
I Bet on Sky

CharlesBurns


quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns

Consumer Reports reviewed various brands of alkaline battery and found:

1) There's little difference between the cheapest and the most expensive.
2) Freezing doesn't really help.

HottubRF


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HottubRF

Mine just arrived today. Refilling all the flashlights, remotes, headphones, etc. already went through 16.

glj1186


quality posts: 0 Private Messages glj1186

I am a photographer and go through countless batteries per job in my flash equipment. I typically use Energizer batteries (And sometime Duracell) These Kodak batteries last less time than Rite Aid brand batteries. If you are looking to power 36 remote controls around your house, this would be a great purchase. But if you are looking to power anything more than and LED flashlight, don't bother.

sellbuyer92


quality posts: 66 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I don't think anyone has said it yet, "What a shocking Deal???"


Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

theguruguys


quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

MOVED

craptacular


quality posts: 1 Private Messages craptacular
miken927 wrote:Useless fact: Did you know "Kodak" is an example of onamonapia? The company was named for the sound the shutter makes on a traditional camera: ko-DAK!


Perhaps you meant "onomatopoeia"? I believe "onamonapia" is an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.



- Craptacular

mhall1421


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhall1421

I wonder how many of these batteries I will need to power my Iron Man superhero body armor? My arc reactor is on the fritz, and I need a back up power supply.

draven79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages draven79
PemberDucky wrote:which state are you in?

just FYI: whether you're charged taxes has nothing to do with us and everything to do with your state government's directives.

it ain't our choice, i'm afraid. :/



I'm in AZ ...bought lots of stuff from woot... this message is the first time I was taxed. I got 3 different items today..2 were taxed 1 wasn't...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

draven79 wrote:I'm in AZ ...bought lots of stuff from woot... this message is the first time I was taxed. I got 3 different items today..2 were taxed 1 wasn't...



Effective February 1, 2013, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Arizona.

As to what's taxed and what's not, that would be dependent on your state's laws.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

draven79


quality posts: 0 Private Messages draven79
ThunderThighs wrote:Effective February 1, 2013, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Arizona.

As to what's taxed and what's not, that would be dependent on your state's laws.



Sadness! Thanks for the info!

macostaesquire


quality posts: 1 Private Messages macostaesquire

Is anyone else missing their batteries? The On-Trac number (which the link on the order page fails to open, but you can go to their site directly) still says "Package yet to be tendered to OnTrac."

I've had a few missing items from past Woot shipments, or late deliveries, but this one looks like part of the shipment never happened. And sadly, the effort it takes to deal with the support@woot "tracking" system and chase down various shipping vendors myself to try and solve the issue costs more of my time than is worth the effort, so I just write them off as "caveat emptor". I wonder if this is another of those.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

macostaesquire wrote:Is anyone else missing their batteries? The On-Trac number (which the link on the order page fails to open, but you can go to their site directly) still says "Package yet to be tendered to OnTrac."

I've had a few missing items from past Woot shipments, or late deliveries, but this one looks like part of the shipment never happened. And sadly, the effort it takes to deal with the support@woot "tracking" system and chase down various shipping vendors myself to try and solve the issue costs more of my time than is worth the effort, so I just write them off as "caveat emptor". I wonder if this is another of those.



You should have tracking, if not the batteries, by now. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I'm pinging them from this end as well.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

macostaesquire


quality posts: 1 Private Messages macostaesquire
ThunderThighs wrote:(...)Please email support@woot.com for assistance.(...)



Thanks, TT. Hopefully this will work better than last time I contacted them for a missing order.

[Edit: Yeah, just what I was worried about. Support said it was returned and refunded, but can't say why. Suggested I check with the shipper (!) even though they never received the parcel from Woot. At least I was refunded my money automatically this time rather than giving up and throwing it away.]