yabaguymia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yabaguymia

In for 1. Long time looker, first time buying. Don't let me down Woot!

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen
MartinMalley wrote:Love the one I got last month, but the keyboard won't charge. I called Asus, but they wouldn't honor the warranty! Why? Because the serial number stickers were blank. Looking at the numbers on the pad, noticed a white smudge on my finger. The numbers rubbed off! So next week I'm going back to Asus to get my keyboard fixed.

Did you save the boxes each piece came in? They have the serial numbers on a sticker on the side.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
aznativo wrote:If it's like the one I Wooted for my wife a few months ago, no one. Almost immediately, we had to send it back to ASUS to fix multiple problems. Guess who pays for shipping it to them.

I agree with this post. The touch screen stopped working on the 16GB version that i wooted back in November. I had only been using it for a month. Had to send it off to the Asus repair depot in Texas on my own dime, think it was about $15. Got it back yesterday and I'm hoping that the second time is the charm, so far so good but it's only got a half days use. Also be careful not to rub off the serial number (easy to do) or it voids the 90-day warranty.

It IS a nice tablet I just question the initial refurb job.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
mossygreen wrote:Did you save the boxes each piece came in? They have the serial numbers on a sticker on the side.

The serial number on the box is the only thing that saved me when I sent mine back in for service. Since I sent it back in the original box they repaired my touch screen even though the numbers on the tablet had been smudged and no longer readable.

At least I sure hope they fixed it (the problem was intermittent) it also looks like they reload the OS as a troubleshooting step so be sure to backup that data if you have to send it in.

Cook74

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cook74

I bought one of these last WOOT and so did my wife. I had to send one in for repair after support tried to fix while on the phone. Ended up sending it in for repair and I got it back a few days later. Works great and use it every day.

So, I have no problem with the ASUS support.

This is a great price and the chip is the fastest I could find when looking at this model.

We have bought many WOOT's and this is by far the best deal going.

Plus ASUS has some nice Android specific apps just for ASUS. The ability to update itself is great to.

Buy it... you won't go wrong...

Doug;}

Misunderstood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Misunderstood
mikepp33 wrote:I am glad all of you love your tablet. I bought mine brand new from best buy right after xmas...and I have exchanged it 5 times due to dead pixels. No more...I am returning it.

You are not supposed to aim at the screen...

dgianetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgianetti

I didn't get mine from Woot. I found a deal for a new one around Christmas and bought the 32GB. I added a 32GB SDcard.

Overall, this is a great device. I can't speak about the keyboard as I didn't get one. I'm still on the fence as this is a tablet, not a laptop.

The display is bright, clear, and sharp. The battery life is great. I use it multiple times every day. So far, no issues to speak of.

I was in the market for a tablet and looked at the Nexus 10, the iPad, and the TF300 as well as a couple other Android tabs. I narrowed it down to the Nexus and the TF300. My wife has an iPad and, while I like it, I am an Android guy.

The TF300 won out for the following reasons:
1. Cost. It's considerably cheaper than the Nexus 10 and many other Android tabs.
2. HDMI out. Believe it or not, it's handy. We've already streamed netflix, hulu, and youtube to all the TVs in our house via the HDMI output at one time or another. Cables are a few bucks on your favorite discount site.
3. Expandable memory. I hate the fact the Nexus 10 and the iPad are stuck with the memory you have in them at purchase. You should be able to add more as memory gets cheaper and you run low on space. I understand both Apple and Google are pushing cloud storage, but I don't want to store all my stuff in the cloud then be dependent on network connectivity.

The nVidia graphics and the dual core processors scream. It's usually running in balanced mode for battery live. It's a simple button click to ramp it up to full speed.

Overall, I am very pleased. I still think I've made the right purchase now, after a couple months has passed. I don't think you'll be disappointed either.

gr8skilz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr8skilz

Ugh! This, or wait for the next Nexus 7?

meetnewmrindia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meetnewmrindia

How does this compare to ACER that has identical specs?? - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Iconia-Tab-with-WiFi-10.1-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.0-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Operating-System-Refurbished-Titanium-Gray/22630720?wmlspartner=isIkAyUyNbM&sourceid=05199093221461457743&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

iris2spring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iris2spring
PemberDucky wrote:I don't know if you bought it from us, but if you did, please keep in mind you can email Support@Woot.com for assistance with that sort of issue.

We certainly want to know if you're experiencing difficulty receiving the customer service you deserve, and we'll help any way we can.

ETA: Ah, I see you did buy it from us.

I purchased this in November and loved it. On my recommendation, a family member purchased on in January. It arrived with the keyboard dock not working. He contacted Woot, e-mailing Support@Woot.com and got no help. After returning the dock to Asus, and Asus told him there might be a charge associated with fixing it (there wasn't) he is expecting to get it back today by Fed Ex. And, yes, he did have to pay shipping.

smccarth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smccarth

I got this tablet in January and I am typing this on it now, although not on the keyboard, I've had some issues with it having the cursor go crazy. Otherwise I am very pleased with it, I've watched pbs videos, hulu on it with no problems and a great picture. Here's a link to the case I bought which works well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X5ZERO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01 I also bought the ampen hybrid stylus and I am pleased with it too.

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

I just got a TF700 with keyboard dock for Christmas and I've been looking for a solid case. Today I found one:
Tuff-Luv Case:
http://tuff-luv.com/type-view-clean-pad-leather-case-cover-for-asus-transformer-prime-tf201-tf300-infinity-black.html

Listing on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Type-View-Clean-Pad-Transformer/dp/B008YGGSI0/ref=sr_1_91?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360778416&sr=1-91&keywords=TF700+case
A little pricey, but I think that it's going to be worth it. Best to protect your investment with a good case.

I am fairly certain that the TF 200, 300, and 700 are universal when it comes to cases. I just wish Asus made a solid first party case.

Oh, and I am totally with you guys on Asus refurbs. Their refurbishment process is utter crap! I went through three refurb Asus laptops.

jurrien74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jurrien74

If Woot can guarantee no issues with these refurb tablets, I'd consider it. Unfortunately, I doubt they can/will, and based on the responses being either hit or miss, this is not the way to get this (even though it's a good price)

If I'm going to spend over $300, it better work. I'd rather spend the extra money for a new one and get piece of mind that it will most likely actually work. If you watch some of the ads for the big box stores, the keyboard goes on sale for around $50 from time to time. So, basically, you're looking at around $400 for a new model. The extra $70 +/- is worth the piece of mind.

Sorry Woot.... All these scathing reviews about the product not working when it arrives pushed me away from buying....

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32
scott.hall wrote:The MS Office Suite won't work on this, but a bunch of "Office clone' apps do. Quick Office, Polaris, etc. You can do everything you can do in MS Office.

The only caveat I have is to ask yourself how much you want to try to edit a spreadsheet or type a long document on a tablet. I had Polaris on one tablet and have Quick Office on my current tablet. I never use them. It's far easier to just use the laptop.

You are in luck - this comes with a keyboard! Polaris, Office Suite and the others do leave something to be desired tho. I believe windows is releasing an android version of office, cloud based maybe. Google it. Also, if you have a pc anyway, you can use splashtop to get to it and use your productivity apps that way, it works very well.

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall
gr8skilz wrote:Ugh! This, or wait for the next Nexus 7?

I have a Nexus 7. I'd vote this, unless you want the smaller form factor for some reason.

scott.hall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scott.hall
sweaver32 wrote:You are in luck - this comes with a keyboard! Polaris, Office Suite and the others do leave something to be desired tho. I believe windows is releasing an android version of office, cloud based maybe. Google it. Also, if you have a pc anyway, you can use splashtop to get to it and use your productivity apps that way, it works very well.

While the keyboard greatly improves it (I think), I still find it easier to type anything I really care about in Word on a laptop. Maybe I just haven't devoted the time to attain that level of comfort with the tablet. As for spreadsheets, for me they're usually about screen real estate. Or at least more screen real estate than the tablet provides.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tablets, and I can see how people use them for office stuff. So far though, I just find it easier to grab the laptop or head to the 25-inch monitors on the desktop.

Just different uses for different tools, I guess.

rdnether

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdnether

I purchased one of these last time it was offered. Just got an RMA from ASUS to send it to them for intermittent screen issues. Has anyone had good luck with ASUS service? Maybe I should just return it to woot?

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
smccarth wrote:I got this tablet in January and I am typing this on it now, although not on the keyboard, I've had some issues with it having the cursor go crazy. Otherwise I am very pleased with it, I've watched pbs videos, hulu on it with no problems and a great picture. Here's a link to the case I bought which works well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X5ZERO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01 I also bought the ampen hybrid stylus and I am pleased with it too.

If you are within the warranty period contact Asus ASAP. I had that problem with my cursor on the keyboard and sent it in (paid shipping to them) and they fixed it without a problem.

apmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apmorgan
ferdelance wrote:Love the tablet, hate that it won't run flash. I can't use my Amazon prime with it. Amazon needs to upgrade to the latest. Sideloading isn't a viable option any longer, too buggy. The tablet is awesome otherwise. I'm using it to write this.

I've had some success with the Puffin Browser (there's a trial version to check out how flash works on it).

max8126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages max8126

What is that "32GB SSD" in the title referring to?

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar
max8126 wrote:What is that "32GB SSD" in the title referring to?

32 GB Solid State Hard Drive

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

Wasn't Lemmy in Hawkwind?

reynoja3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reynoja3

So how is Woot shipping on a non Woot-off day? I just know on a Woot-off it takes a little time for things to ship.

reynoja3

RascalMJ wrote:What about this vs the

IdeaTab (S2) S2110 - 2258E5U

Same price, not refurbished, keyboard dock is included

The IdeaTab is only a dual core (2 processors) While this Asus Tablet is a quadcore plus 1 which means 5 processors. So this thing will run circles around the IdeaTab..

zoneman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zoneman

I am curious if anyone has been able to get actual work done on this type of tablet.

By actual work, I mean can you program, run interpreters (Ruby/Rails, Python, etc.), use office or office like applications on this kind of thing yet? Or is it still largely a toy, like the iPad.

The power is there for basic stuff, but its seems like I still need at least an ultrabook or more to do anything worthwhile.

werekong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages werekong

Like others, I am reluctant to buy from a company that doesn't seem to value its customers. I realize that some comments here described horrible, while others described ok customer service. However, the deciding factor for me would those that stated that the customer was responsible for shipping a defective item. Why should a person have to pay for the mistake of someone else? This is unacceptable to me.

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish
reynoja3 wrote:The IdeaTab is only a dual core (2 processors) While this Asus Tablet is a quadcore plus 1 which means 5 processors. So this thing will run circles around the IdeaTab..

But only 1GB of RAM which will cause freezing, reboots, speed delays. Not comparing it to the IdeaTab at this point, but it is still something to consider. I am over 1GB all the time on my Note 10.1

reynoja3

JussaIrish wrote:But only 1GB of RAM which will cause freezing, reboots, speed delays. Not comparing it to the IdeaTab at this point, but it is still something to consider. I am over 1GB all the time on my Note 10.1

This is from the Lenovo website on the IdeaTab (S2)
Memory
1.0GB Onboard LPDDR2 600 MHz

So they are the same there.

The processors are really going to help you. The only thing that the IdeaTab has over this is the battery life, 20 hours compared to 15 hours.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

werekong wrote:Like others, I am reluctant to buy from a company that doesn't seem to value its customers. I realize that some comments here described horrible, while others described ok customer service. However, the deciding factor for me would those that stated that the customer was responsible for shipping a defective item. Why should a person have to pay for the mistake of someone else? This is unacceptable to me.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a horrible experience ordering from Woot. Have you tried contacting Woot Member Services? I'm sure if you email them at support@woot.com they'll be more than happy to assist you in efficiently resolving any particular issues you may have encountered.

werekong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages werekong
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you had a horrible experience ordering from Woot. Have you tried contacting Woot Member Services? I'm sure if you email them at support@woot.com they'll be more than happy to assist you in efficiently resolving any particular issues you may have encountered.

On the contrary, my purchase experiences with Woot have been good. Perhaps my comment was misinterpreted. I was referring to the comments, of those that had difficulty with Asus customer service. Even those that didn't, said that they were responsible for paying for the shipping of the defective item. I cannot understand how a customer should be penalized for something not his/her fault.

raglan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raglan

Anyone have any experience downloading pictures from a DSLR camera via the usb port on the dock?

MazeppaPZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MazeppaPZ

I got my own tablet back before Christmas (different vendor) and have been absolutely loving it! I bought the keyboard separately, but have not been using it much.

I've been enjoying this case, which is designed for use without the keyboard:

Asus Transformer TF300 Slim folio Case With Multi-Angle Stand by Blurex
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00823QORA/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

davearnold731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davearnold731

Not true WOOT! I have had trouble with an HP touch pad and this ASUS tablet and both times when I contacted you the reply I got was TOO BAD, call their customer service support!

PemberDucky wrote:I don't know if you bought it from us, but if you did, please keep in mind you can email Support@Woot.com for assistance with that sort of issue.

We certainly want to know if you're experiencing difficulty receiving the customer service you deserve, and we'll help any way we can.

ETA: Ah, I see you did buy it from us.

David D Arnold

davearnold731

The serial number is on a crappy sticker and rubs off the 1st day. It is on the box so write it down and keep good notes on it as soon as you open the package.

mossygreen wrote:Did you save the boxes each piece came in? They have the serial numbers on a sticker on the side.

David D Arnold

davearnold731

It is great when it works, mine if off the ASUS for repairs for the 2nd time already. Out of the box 25%of the screen had white clouding all over it. Then I got a different one that constantly had ghost touching all the time it was unusable. Wish me luck when it returns.

confused15 wrote:I agree with this post. The touch screen stopped working on the 16GB version that i wooted back in November. I had only been using it for a month. Had to send it off to the Asus repair depot in Texas on my own dime, think it was about $15. Got it back yesterday and I'm hoping that the second time is the charm, so far so good but it's only got a half days use. Also be careful not to rub off the serial number (easy to do) or it voids the 90-day warranty.

It IS a nice tablet I just question the initial refurb job.

David D Arnold

grantunderland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages grantunderland
davearnold731 wrote:The serial number is on a crappy sticker and rubs off the 1st day. It is on the box so write it down and keep good notes on it as soon as you open the package.

You can also get the SN from the device. Don't have mine home right now, but it is Settings-->About Device-->Status IIRC

climbtreez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages climbtreez

I got this tablet from woot a month ago, (on it right now actually) . Does anyone know how to make java plug ins work on it? I use firefox, and can't figure it out, and it's kind of very important.

davearnold731

You are correct in buying peice of mind. I have bought two pads and had them in for repairs a total of 6 times. Painful does not even begin to discribe it. I have bought TONS of things from Woot in the past but that word Refurbished will now stop me cold!

jurrien74 wrote:If Woot can guarantee no issues with these refurb tablets, I'd consider it. Unfortunately, I doubt they can/will, and based on the responses being either hit or miss, this is not the way to get this (even though it's a good price)

If I'm going to spend over $300, it better work. I'd rather spend the extra money for a new one and get piece of mind that it will most likely actually work. If you watch some of the ads for the big box stores, the keyboard goes on sale for around $50 from time to time. So, basically, you're looking at around $400 for a new model. The extra $70 +/- is worth the piece of mind.

Sorry Woot.... All these scathing reviews about the product not working when it arrives pushed me away from buying....

David D Arnold

davearnold731

You hit the nail on the head. Woot sends out a pad and it is BAD out of the box. Contact Woot and they say too bad you should call Asus. You call Asus and after AN HOUR on hold and another hour working with support they "allow" you to return in at your own expense! This sucks Woot!

werekong wrote:Like others, I am reluctant to buy from a company that doesn't seem to value its customers. I realize that some comments here described horrible, while others described ok customer service. However, the deciding factor for me would those that stated that the customer was responsible for shipping a defective item. Why should a person have to pay for the mistake of someone else? This is unacceptable to me.

David D Arnold

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar

got this in january and i'm happy with the purchase. it's worked well.