Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
gertiestn wrote:Attention, Attention: This really may be The.Worst.WootOff.Ever.

Needed moar Bacon.

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
CooperDude wrote:Another Woot-off comes and goes and again I have purchased nothing. I used to buy 4 to 6 items per Woot-off in the "good old days" (before Amazon). I miss those times. sigh

ditto

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
stevenstepheni wrote:At least it's not a Forever Lazy :-/

What we need is a screaming monkey WEARING a Forever Lazy!

Moueska

webgenie wrote:What we need is a screaming monkey WEARING a Forever Lazy!

I suggested a Monkey in a Suit with briefcase after someone tried to suggest it sarcastically.

I'd buy one JUST because of that. It'd look awesome with my Secret Agent Cthulhu.

candyce1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candyce1203

Are the monkeys stuck? It seems like the counter is going up that people are buying but the monkey inventory seems to be limitless...

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa

I cant believe no glow lights... tons of items not offered this time...

drummerguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drummerguy
CooperDude wrote:Another Woot-off comes and goes and again I have purchased nothing. I used to buy 4 to 6 items per Woot-off in the "good old days" (before Amazon). I miss those times. sigh

my thoughts excactly will never ever be the same click on the community tab and look how less and less the comments are took a lot of fun away from a lot of home bound and disabled people ..but feelings and feedback don't mean nothing anymore I havn't bought in a long time or at least like i use to very sad ..they got so much stuff sticking in your face on the pages now the servers wouldn't work for the world known box of cheerios anyway the site looks like the counter of a fast mini mart ..you know lighters and braclets ,and all the impulse buy sh;;but they don't care about our feelings just moola greed/they need to change the name to something besides woot because it is not woot anymore.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Maybe when this website is finally out of Beta, the bags will return.

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding?

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers

How about a Bunch of 60s Cartoons on Kids Woot?? ;o)~``

Moueska

candyce1203 wrote:Crashing servers just makes it more exciting!

Well, it makes images like this one:

candyce1203

does anyone remember the last sighting of a Basket of Carpenters?

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

Rushed home from work to get this posted. Can't end a woot-off without one last lolcat.

Sad to see this repeat monkey too. =(

Moueska

cappo wrote:Maybe when this website is finally out of Beta, the bags will return.

I think it IS out of Beta. The Beta button is gone.

candyce1203

Moueska wrote:Well, it makes images like this one:

Totally cute and clever.

Lazarus2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lazarus2

The last three screaming woot monkeys bought didn't fly. Not the arms, or anything else for that matter, stretched.

From the Notebook of Lazarus Long:
"Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing, or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money -- but long on hugs."

candyce1203

bluejester wrote:

Rushed home from work to get this posted. Can't end a woot-off without one last lolcat.

Great Cat!

Moueska

candyce1203 wrote:Totally cute and clever.

TY! It got overlooked when I posted it in the wake of DDOSs'd forums. XD

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
Moueska wrote:I think it IS out of Beta. The Beta button is gone.

The logo still says woot! beta.

Maybe it's not the website that's in beta but Woot! itself.

drummerguy

cappo wrote:Maybe when this website is finally out of Beta, the bags will return.

theve even hidden all the fun products story I had fun just reading them ..but i will never understand why ceo are blind ..i guess because they think we don't know anything about marketing..what a joke..but truly is sad sad sad

Moueska

candyce1203 wrote:Great Cat!

It IS a tradition at this point. XD

candyce1203

Lazarus2 wrote:The last three screaming woot monkeys bought didn't fly. Not the arms, or anything else for that matter, stretched.

Well it seems they represent the product well since the monkey on the screen just will not move...someone please buy the poor defective monkeys!

Moueska

drummerguy wrote:theve even hidden all the fun products story I had fun just reading them ..but i will never understand why ceo are blind ..i guess because they think we don't know anything about marketing..what a joke..but truly is sad sad sad

They were hiding the storyline on home.woot - and then they (unfortunately) discontinued it due to apparently low readership. ;_;

Maybe they'll bring it back someday when they're refreshed and full of creativity.

drummerguy

Moueska wrote:They were hiding the storyline on home.woot - and then they (unfortunately) discontinued it due to apparently low readership. ;_;

Maybe they'll bring it back someday when they're refreshed and full of creativity.

actually I think the three great marketeers thinks it's a distraction to hitting the buy button lol but probably the truth

drummerguy

they are for sure thinking outside the box or bag LOL

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I want a monkey with a hot pink cape! We need more crazy colors.

They've done pink before both regular size and keychain -

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
bluejester wrote:

Thanks for the lolcat post bluejersey. I was trying to think of a great cat/feline/kitty/Snaglepuss + memories of old woots saying, but, alas it eludes me....

At least we still have the Woot filter...

Moueska

drummerguy wrote:actually I think the three great marketeers thinks it's a distraction to hitting the buy button lol but probably the truth

I was nostalgic for the home.woot recap this woot-off. Like... bad.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
Moueska wrote:I think there was a POA about the Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s... They're not going to be in the woot-offs anymore due to everyone DDOS-ing the server each time they attempted to put them up.

Fine by me.
I'd rather do away with them completely, than let some bots get them.

drummerguy

the only thing all of old time wooters have to look foward too..is that maybe when this goes down, it will also go down in history and all the old woot buckets and sansa players,and carrot shirts that i have may be worth something when the site falls...hey something to look foward too!!!anyway my old origianal tin woot bucket ..i love it.

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve
candyce1203 wrote:does anyone remember the last sighting of a Basket of Carpenters?

Six months ago: September 18, 2012.

jdhmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhmail

There is an easy solution to the bag situation......QUIT BUYING STUFF FROM THE WOOT-OFF!

That is the only way they are going to get the message. As long as people keep buying why should they change anything.

When I see woot-off now I just close the page and come back 2 days later.

This is the only way to get them to bring back the bags!

Moueska

SESteve wrote:Six months ago: September 18, 2012.

Almost. They gave some to loyal wooters this past Christmas... just not in the woot-off.

Moueska

jdhmail wrote:There is an easy solution to the bag situation......QUIT BUYING STUFF FROM THE WOOT-OFF!

That is the only way they are going to get the message. As long as people keep buying why should they change anything.

When I see woot-off now I just close the page and come back 2 days later.

This is the only way to get them to bring back the bags!

Or they stop doing the woot-offs altogether.

I still like 'em, I just wish there was more chatter in 'em.

drummerguy

SESteve wrote:Six months ago: September 18, 2012.

what a great time that was,,also did anyone notice the maliputive behavior of the woot off annocement, said something in the effect that we opened our eyes and and made plans to have a better woot off with suprises and then said the suprise is not getting a suprise .how cold herted is that..crazy

drummerguy

I hav just join the boycott good idea.thanks

Moueska

drummerguy wrote:I hav just join the boycott good idea.thanks

I would boycott, but I like attending. :D

I haven't been buying because I'm broke.

drummerguy

Moueska wrote:I would boycott, but I like attending. :D

I haven't been buying because I'm broke.

that's close enough to the same thing ..i wish and hope they do see lhe light,, it just they went a little to aggrisive about the change over ..the box of corn is the landmark of this site so leave that part alone..i don't mind change just ask your 10 year old loyal customers and use them to make thing OK just listen and have some care and concern ..tha't not asking to much

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
duodec wrote:At work we keep getting customers who are all googoo-eyed and effusively burbling about the wonders of 'the cloud' and want us to help them move their operations to 'the cloud'. Its rather pathetic. I mean, there are some things that 'the cloud' is useful for, and a few where its downright great. But the glazed eyes and vapid jargon spurting about everything in the cloud... it gets scary.

But one thing we can do; point out major limitations in two of the big players; Microsoft can't keep theirs up and running reliably... and Amazon can't even handle the load for one single online sales site limited time special sale. Other alternatives have to be sought.

Not exactly a brilliant endorsement for EC2 now, is it?

If they put woot! on their own platform, it would have to be isolated from their paying customers otherwise the "bag DDoS" would interrupt a bunch of other servers.

Putting your server in the cloud is like moving into an unknown high-rise apartment building. You MIGHT get lucky and everyone lives in harmony... or you might get "neighbors from hell" whose constant high-volume stereo blasting is a constant disruption.

Woot! would be a neighbor from hell in that situation.

When your server/data is on your own hardware, you have control. When you move it to the cloud, you lose some of that control.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
jeffdoh wrote:Brilliant. Take the most successful item and event a company has and remove it because the demand is too high to fulfill. Makes sense to me. If you're a communist.

Can't argue with your logic here,drop the Bunch of 60s Cartoons because you're now a communist enterprise! Why the heck did this not occur to me before you pointed this out?

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM
drummerguy wrote:my thoughts excactly will never ever be the same click on the community tab and look how less and less the comments are took a lot of fun away from a lot of home bound and disabled people ..but feelings and feedback don't mean nothing anymore I havn't bought in a long time or at least like i use to very sad ..they got so much stuff sticking in your face on the pages now the servers wouldn't work for the world known box of cheerios anyway the site looks like the counter of a fast mini mart ..you know lighters and braclets ,and all the impulse buy sh;;but they don't care about our feelings just moola greed/they need to change the name to something besides woot because it is not woot anymore.

AWESOME POST, couldn't agree more. What are you thinking AMAZON ? I'm guessing you just WANT Woot to fail so you can get some sort of tax break ?

How can you NOT have BAGS of CRAP ? That was the most fun thing about the Woot Off, it kept people checking, now most don't give a HEY YOGI!. You will NEVER come back from this, you're done.

I ALSO used to buy a lot of stuff, it's SO boring when you keep posting the same crap over and over, and also crappy crap, and t-freaking shirts, which belong on SHIRT WOOT, not WOOT WOOT.

The website also looks like crap, like "the counter of a fast mini mart"---as drummerguy said, messy, crowded, ugly and cheap.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder