kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Jumbo. Nice unit. high quality.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3278 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Read (and watch) this "very good" review over at cnet.com

ramato42

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ramato42

Big-box retail tends to have it hovering around $1100 new, so it's a 20% markdown from that. That being said, it's tough to say precisely where the price will go over the next month as they start vanishing and the LE650U series replaces it.

hate2wait

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hate2wait

Umm ... "over 20% more viewing area than similar 60-inch LED TVs"

That's over 20% more than a 55 inch TV. See http://bit.ly/Ry5Wxb

sithanas

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sithanas

Installed one of these (purchased new) in a client's conference room with a HD videoconferencer attached. Great TV.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

OK, so all the TVs you sell here on Woot are smart TVs, but just how smart are they? Are they smarter than a 5th grader? What would I have to pay to get a Mensa TV?

nebelhund

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nebelhund

We have one of these in our bonus room. It has been a great tv. Only thing with many Sharp LED's is you have to adjust the brightness as they ship with a very dark picture. Once I adjusted it the picture was great. We have been very happy with it overall.

Not a big fan of the apps on the tv however, using the tv netflix function vs netflix on a roku for example, is night and day.

I mainly use the tv as a monitor. The speakers are ok for a tv, but recommend getting a sound bar or attaching it to a receiver and external speakers.

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik

PRO: $120 off price of New
CON: Refarbished and a 90 warranty vs. a 1 Year for New.

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik
nebelhund wrote:
Not a big fan of the apps on the tv however, using the tv netflix function vs netflix on a roku for example, is night and day.

Could you elaborate as to which is better and why? TIA.

cartervt2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cartervt2k

In for 3! J/K...very tempted.

nebelhund

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nebelhund
Tralornik wrote:Could you elaborate as to which is better and why? TIA.

Sorry for not being clear...the apps are not great. They work, but aren't nearly as responsive as a roku or apple tv.

I can't ding them too badly however as I haven't found another electronic device (like DVD player) that also has wifi and apps built in that work very well. They work but...just don't perform as well as a dedicated device.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2
Tralornik wrote:PRO: $120 off price of New
CON: Refarbished and a 90 warranty vs. a 1 Year for New.

Oh, but you can add $115 and get the one-year SquareTrade Warranty.

Leaves taxes/shipping to decide...

billpanop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billpanop

!!! BAD DEAL !!!
Dell has a NEW Sharp 60" for $698 shipped.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A6418304&dgc=BA&cid=258913&lid=4634065&acd=12309172623398126

[MOD: !!! Different model !!!]

balberti76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balberti76
billpanop wrote:!!! BAD DEAL !!!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A6418304&dgc=BA&cid=258913&lid=4634065&acd=12309172623398126

Not the same TV....

cartervt2k

Looks like the model is slightly different. Dell's is a LC-60E69U, while this is a LC-60LE640U. I was just about to pull the trigger, but I want to figure out the differences are. Seems like the reviews for the one sold by Dell are kind of lousy.

vicemagnet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vicemagnet
ugrasse2 wrote:Oh, but you can add $115 and get the one-year SquareTrade Warranty.

Leaves taxes/shipping to decide...

All this talk of refurbished merchandise frightens and confuses me.

mgm1338

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgm1338

Anyone compare the apps vs Boxee?

nebelhund wrote:Sorry for not being clear...the apps are not great. They work, but aren't nearly as responsive as a roku or apple tv.

I can't ding them too badly however as I haven't found another electronic device (like DVD player) that also has wifi and apps built in that work very well. They work but...just don't perform as well as a dedicated device.

billpanop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billpanop
balberti76 wrote:Not the same TV....

Never said it was the same TV.
The TV's are different but the panels are most likely the same. You will lose a few HDMI ports but have a NEW TV with a full warranty and save about $190. I call that a winner

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

I am hopeful that I will find what I 'want' here one day...since I have had a 70" Sony for about 6 years, I 'need' something at least that size, newer, LED, 3D, with unlimited internet access.
LG is almost there, but not quite...and too expensive.
Still....I dream.
^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

tgrbaseball13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgrbaseball13

what was Refurbished on the tv?

cartervt2k

One difference I noticed is that the height on the one sold by Dell is 35" - this one is 33", meaning the bezel is a lot narrower on the Woot TV. May not mean much to some people (other than larger bezels being uglier), but I'm trying to shoehorn this between my fireplace mantle and ceiling and the extra 2" is a deal-breaker.

shareef777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shareef777
Batman4oz wrote:I am hopeful that I will find what I 'want' here one day...since I have had a 70" Sony for about 6 years, I 'need' something at least that size, newer, LED, 3D, with unlimited internet access.
LG is almost there, but not quite...and too expensive.
Still....I dream.
^^X^^

Same here, waiting for a good deal on a 70"

revolutionx90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revolutionx90
cartervt2k wrote:Looks like the model is slightly different. Dell's is a LC-60E69U, while this is a LC-60LE640U. I was just about to pull the trigger, but I want to figure out the differences are. Seems like the reviews for the one sold by Dell are kind of lousy.

The LC-60E69U is a 2011 model if I recall> It also lacks an X Gen panel.

*EDIT* I'm looking through old posts on avsforum, and it looks like even Sharp reps weren't sure what panel was in that tv. The reviews of it aren't wildly positive, though.

GreatJorge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages GreatJorge

Although this TV model came out over a year ago and a new one is due soon it has received very good reviews in Amazon for the 60in version (the one here on woot today). Outstanding reviews for the 80in version. Superb reviews actually. Read them here

Come on, woot get this TV in 70 or 80in !!!!
(of course at the same price as the 60)

alphaeagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphaeagle

Lies, Taft is at least 10 meters taller than this TV. Clearly that undated and extremely rare photo was doctored as his mustache alone is larger than this TV.

cartervt2k

GreatJorge wrote:Very good reviews in Amazon for the 60in (the one here on woot today) but outstanding reviews for the 80in model. Superb reviews actually.

Come on, woot get this TV in 70 or 80in !!!!

(of course at the same price as the 60)

I'm sort of glad I can only fit a 60 inch into my space. The difference in price between 60 and 70 or 80 seems ridiculous. OTOH, I think I recall woot selling a 55 inch for almost half of this price about a week ago. I think I just have a hard time justifying spending over a grand on a TV.

Did some research and in for one. Walmart has a Vizio new for about the same price after taxes shipped but it didn't seem to get as good of reviews as this one. Pcmag has this one in their top 10. Sold.

replica42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages replica42

That one is LCD, not LED....and this would consume less power than LCD one.

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
cartervt2k wrote:I'm sort of glad I can only fit a 60 inch into my space. The difference in price between 60 and 70 or 80 seems ridiculous. OTOH, I think I recall woot selling a 55 inch for almost half of this price about a week ago. I think I just have a hard time justifying spending over a grand on a TV.

Did some research and in for one. Walmart has a Vizio new for about the same price after taxes shipped but it didn't seem to get as good of reviews as this one. Pcmag has this one in their top 10. Sold.

Actually, compared to what you would have paid a few years ago, today's prices are Bargains, and the technology is So Much Better!
I paid over $4000 for my 70", but at the time it was going for $7000 to $10,000!!! So, I got a 'deal!'
Now, I wouldn't be able get even Half what I paid...IF someone wanted to buy it, which I doubt!
When this ones dies, I won't feel much pain spending $2000 to get one that is bigger and better...but will Hate disposing of This monster!
^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless
conanthelibrarian wrote:Read (and watch) this "very good" review over at cnet.com

Actually, I just saw this new at Sam's yesterday for $998. Worth it (IMHO) to get new.

cartervt2k

Wholesaleforless wrote:Actually, I just saw this new at Sam's yesterday for $998. Worth it (IMHO) to get new.

Another thing to factor in is tax. For most of us, there is no tax on this order. But if you're buying a thousand dollar TV in a store, you're going to be paying another 50-100 on top of that.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

This is not a great deal for this TV.
You can get it new for $999.00 with a two year warranty included at Costco. Wonderful return policy. Concierge service if you have a problem.

http://www.costco.com/Sharp-AQUOS-60%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Edge-Lit-LED-LC60LE600U-.product.100028132.html

By the time you add in two years of Square trade warranty for the refurb its not worth it. $885.00 + $115. + $115.00 = $1,115.00

Add Tax on the $999.00 and you have the same thing. Woot sharpen your pencil.

[MOD: different model. The one you are looking at isn't a Smart TV. Our pencil is fine.]

casey00001

cartervt2k wrote:Another thing to factor in is tax. For most of us, there is no tax on this order. But if you're buying a thousand dollar TV in a store, you're going to be paying another 50-100 on top of that.

How much will it cost you to ship it back if its DOA and you want to return it for a refund?

"...you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense"

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999
casey00001 wrote:This is not a great deal for this TV.
You can get it new for $999.00 with a two year warranty included at Costco. Wonderful return policy. Concierge service if you have a problem.

http://www.costco.com/Sharp-AQUOS-60%22-Class-1080p-120Hz-Edge-Lit-LED-LC60LE600U-.product.100028132.html

By the time you add in two years of Square trade warranty for the refurb its not worth it. $885.00 + $115. + $115.00 = $1,115.00

Add Tax on the $999.00 and you have the same thing. Woot sharpen your pencil.

Second year is usually half off on square trade and the you can find 30% off coupons with regularity meaning about $130 total not $230 for the warranty

casey00001

farley999 wrote:Second year is usually half off on square trade and the you can find 30% off coupons with regularity meaning about $130 total not $230 for the warranty

Costco sells an extended warranty on this TV via square trade for another three years for $60.00 Thats five years for $60.00

http://www.costco.com/.product.11660857.html

mike999990

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mike999990
casey00001 wrote:Costco sells an extended warranty on this TV via square trade for another three years for $60.00 Thats five years for $60.00

Use your MasterCard on any NEW item and your manufacturer warranty doubles, no extra money spent and if it fails at that point your money spent on the warranty will prob pay a size able portion of a tv with similar features that is now x number of years old... Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood MasterCard rep...
***please note as this is a refurb MasterCard's extended warranty would not be applicable, but next time they sell a new one here, fair game!***

casey00001

mike999990 wrote:Use your MasterCard on any NEW item and your manufacturer warranty doubles, no extra money spent and if it fails at that point your money spent on the warranty will prob pay a size able portion of a tv with similar features that is now x number of years old... Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood MasterCard rep...
***please note as this is a refurb MasterCard's extended warranty would not be applicable, but next time they sell a new one here, fair game!***

So Mike if I buy a five year warranty from Costco with my Mastercard, you will automatically give me a ten year warranty?

nscharf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nscharf
replica42 wrote:[quote postid="5388137" user="billpanop"]!!! BAD DEAL !!!

That one is LCD, not LED....and this would consume less power than LCD one.

Thank you for being the first person to point this out. I came here to say this.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
casey00001 wrote:Costco sells an extended warranty on this TV via square trade for another three years for $60.00 Thats five years for $60.00

Totally agree with a Costco purchase on this.