daefaroth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daefaroth

I'll just leave this here for the Human vs. Zombie crowd.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/312136/nerf-2-picatinny-rail-adapter.html

nivram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nivram

A Contour Roam (first generation) offers 720p video and water resistance, at just over twice this price, plus multiple methods of mounting it to whatever you wish to (including surfboards!).

I'd strongly suggest sticking with one of those!

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa
lichme wrote:Can this be used to find out who keeps stealing my hot pockets at work?

Only if you use it to push rat poison into said pocket.

MazeppaPZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MazeppaPZ

Any idea if this could be mounted on a motorcycle helmet?

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
MazeppaPZ wrote:Any idea if this could be mounted on a motorcycle helmet?

Not natively, no. Unless your helmet has gun rails. I guess you can duct tape it to the helmet. Or duct tape a gun to the helmet then attach the camera to the gun.

Personally I wouldn't trust this thing to stay on at high speeds either way.

pigtool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pigtool

I doubt anyone would want to record a self-defense shootout. If this were to make it to court, I'm sure the guy in the hospital's family would be sure to use it against you.

AerodexdotCom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom
CharlesP2009 wrote:So to take video of my friends I have to point a gun at them? Hmmmm...

You could always mount it backwards...

A

cheet0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheet0
nflaum wrote:Does anybody know if this comes with a car mount or if there's one available for it?

I concur. I'd like a car mount for my gun as well.

Oh... you meant the video camera.

1075hoehn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1075hoehn

A tad expensive for this, I know, but attaching it to a Nerf gun would settle those "no you didn't get me" debates.

anilm2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anilm2
CaviMike wrote:"Can use any standard 30mm optics"

Can someone please explain to me what exactly that means? I don't see anything on there anywhere that shows it can accept lenses.

"Can use any standard 30mm optics and accessory mounts (NOT included)"

They are referring to optics mounts, not 30mm optics.
such as: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=30mm+scope+ring

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I most certainly would NOT say this "fits most airsoft and paintball guns". Any respectable paintball marker isn't going to have any type of mount of anything like this. I would venture to say under 15% of markers would.

That said, standard def video? Ehh no thanks.

Rossumschild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rossumschild
firebirdude wrote:I most certainly would NOT say this "fits most airsoft and paintball guns". Any respectable paintball marker isn't going to have any type of mount of anything like this. I would venture to say under 15% of markers would.

What on earth are you talking about? Almost every modern Tippman Marker is covered in Picatinny rails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippmann

Vagabond32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vagabond32

Anyone know if this stand up to extreme heat? I would like to mount it to my fire helmet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. We've taken the sample to get some shots of the back but in the meantime, here's some informal ones I just shot with my phone.

Looks like standard 5/16 threading.

UPDATE: A better photo is in the gallery now on the sale detail page.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Also, we've confirmed with the company that this comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jmahon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmahon
Rossumschild wrote:What on earth are you talking about? Almost every modern Tippman Marker is covered in Picatinny rails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippmann

He said, "any respectable paintball marker."

goffer77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goffer77
nflaum wrote:Does anybody know if this comes with a car mount or if there's one available for it?

The Universal Action Video Cam does not include Car mount. It is designed for Airsoft and Paintball Weaver rails.

goffer77

MazeppaPZ wrote:Any idea if this could be mounted on a motorcycle helmet?

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell

Will it work with my iPad?

goffer77

AerodexdotCom wrote:You could always mount it backwards...

The Universal Action Video Cam is to capture the action while playing Paintball and Airsoft

goffer77

prttymf8 wrote:Owner's manual doesn't mention being able to remove the battery.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPAC2X-515.pdf

Installed Battery only. Charge Battery via USB Cable included.. LED will blink green as the battery charges. Continuously Green-FULL

[MOD: We've confirmed this is the manufacturer rep.]

goffer77

Kev50027 wrote:I wonder if this could handle the unique vibrations created by a spring piston air rifle like the TR77 that keeps popping up on woot. Spring piston rifles have been known to destroy scopes not designed for them. Also, how do you aim with a video camera taking the place of your sights?

The Centerpoint Action CAM works best on Airsoft and Paintball markers. Not intended for any Air rifles.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

Our teams have been scratching away at the numbers all morning and have decided to lower the price to $39.99.

If you already ordered, you'll automagically be refunded the difference.

Now please go buy 3. It's not pretty to see the buyer crying in his cubicle. The sobs are breaking my heart.

FORUM MODERATOR

bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb

I think you would need to get something like this and bolt it to your car. And probably cut it in half to get a reasonable size.

http://www.adorama.com/NSMAR.html

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:Also, we've confirmed with the company that this comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

Isn't that an oxymoron... "limited lifetime warranty"

BTW, how could I adapt the cam mount to a shower head?

saigashooter

quality posts: 4 Private Messages saigashooter

Nearest thing I could find to footage, it is fairly grainy but then again it is $40

http://video.sportsmansguide.com/v/37625/crosman-centerpoint-actioncam-u2122-game-accessories/

Hey Mr. White Box, until you buy something stop begging for a Bandolier of Carrots

40 Woots
Sets of Woot-Off lights = 3
Screaming monkeys = 3

FoxFlame

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FoxFlame
pigtool wrote:I doubt anyone would want to record a self-defense shootout. If this were to make it to court, I'm sure the guy in the hospital's family would be sure to use it against you.

1. No one in a self-defense situation should be spending time turning on a camera on their gun.

2. If you're firing on someone in self-defense it is because you are in fear for your life. You shoot to kill. When you say 'Hospital', do you mean the morgue?

3. You'll be sued regardless. Every bullet you fire in self-defense should be expected to rack up $10,000 in legal fees defending yourself.

4. I doubt this camera would hold up to the recoil/vibration of most guns people use for self defense. Certainly not shotguns typically used for home defense, and you're not going to carry concealed with a giant camera on your sidearm.
Maybe a P90...

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev
markmc27 wrote:These are amazing at showing you were you are screwing up at the range. A great learning device.

But as you say I think your Berretta would shake it to pieces.

Yeah... I have the CX4 in .45 Auto, and it has enough recoil to dislodge the fairly sturdy looking Surefire flashlight mount for my gun.

And that thing was DESIGNED to be mounted on a firearm. This poor camera wouldn't stand a chance.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell
woottoady wrote:Isn't that an oxymoron... "limited lifetime warranty"

BTW, how could I adapt the cam mount to a shower head?

Not really, we all have a "limited lifetime," at least here on earth.

And all of these questions can be answered with 2 words (well, 2 conjoined words):

GoPro.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
nick186 wrote:I would also like to know if there is an adapter to place on a car....

I have a contour gps cam and i usually use it when i go offroading with my truck

heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nDYOkz1b4&feature=share&list=UUgw4M7SHxVt3Re4nKrqt6xw

If there is a car mount im in for three so i can mount them in different angles without switching them all the time!!!

If there was/is a car mount, it's also a good idea for your own protection (and theirs) to video record any encounters you may have with our country's fine police officers, should you be unfortunate as to be pulled over.

They won't like it, but they can't legally stop you. Don't let them. They have no legal expectations of privacy when performing their duties in public, and certainly not when they're being recorded by the actual "accused" in a way that doesn't inhibit either the officer from doing his job, or you from complying with the officer's instructions.

trlynch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trlynch
FoxFlame wrote:3. You'll be sued regardless. Every bullet you fire in self-defense should be expected to rack up $10,000 in legal fees defending yourself.

Scare tactic? Seriously, I know of MANY self-defense shootings where they were deemed justified even before the police left the scene and no lawyers or courts were ever involved.

Anyway, THANKS WOOT! for the $10 discount, even after my regular prices purchase!

Face76

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Face76

I wonder how long this will survive on a Saiga 12? :D

Hal_396

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hal_396

I wouldn't mount this to a firearm. Get yourself a pair of those goggle video camera's that come up all the time instead. That way you can still use your optics and your video won't jerk everytime you fire. Also will add eye protection as a plus!

sshewwy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sshewwy

This would be a great gift for my father who is an avid bow hunter. Looked on the centerpoint website but could not find a proper bow mount. Any thoughts?

BSD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BSD
jackietherussell wrote:

And all of these questions can be answered with 2 words (well, 2 conjoined words):

GoPro.

Incidentally, there are plenty of GoPro picatinny mounts for sale on eBay for $10-$25.

Scootergptx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scootergptx

Universal mounting system is less than 3 bucks for multiple applications.

Finally, the quest for Babies on Cribs is over. Next quest, Babies on Cribs II.

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Can someone please tell me why anyone would want a video of something that they just killed?
I'm at a loss.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

confessorx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages confessorx
prttymf8 wrote:I was thinking I would mount it on the side rails of my Beretta CX4, but I'm pretty sure this camera can't handle it.

You can pick up the older version of the Contour Roam for about $80, better video resolution and I've run them on the quad rail of a 7 1/2" Adams Arms piston upper doing a 100 round full auto Beta drum dump. Good video can be had using the rubber strap mount to attach the camera to the rear of the stock also.

It should be pretty obvious which shots are the Contour in this video!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3223922372083&set=vb.1687225474&type=3

FurryDaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FurryDaddy
prttymf8 wrote:I'm going to mount it on a 959 JDJ

Going Dinosaur hunting?

bunkerking2k5

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bunkerking2k5
prttymf8 wrote:Are you trying to say that the Woot customer service staff are a bunch of lazy jerks? Because that's rarely true.

That's not at all what I said. I actually have had great expirence with woots customer service. My point was its not that much more for a camera with much better resolution, and the company selling it is reputable ( more so I am familiar with monoprices customer service than the manufacturer of this camera). Woot does not make this camera, nor is it manufactured for them, and that's a big diffence between the two products.

After the price drop, it does make it much more considerable.