bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf
FoxFlame wrote:1. No one in a self-defense situation should be spending time turning on a camera on their gun.

2. If you're firing on someone in self-defense it is because you are in fear for your life. You shoot to kill. When you say 'Hospital', do you mean the morgue?

3. You'll be sued regardless. Every bullet you fire in self-defense should be expected to rack up $10,000 in legal fees defending yourself.

4. I doubt this camera would hold up to the recoil/vibration of most guns people use for self defense. Certainly not shotguns typically used for home defense, and you're not going to carry concealed with a giant camera on your sidearm.
Maybe a P90...

self defense? can't you people live in a safer neighborhood?

or do you need a gun to protect you from guns...?

alunj

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alunj

Looks like this would fit on top of a Nerf gun - can anyone confirm that?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 25 Private Messages gusvonpooch
bunkerking2k5 wrote:That's not at all what I said. I actually have had great expirence with woots customer service. My point was its not that much more for a camera with much better resolution, and the company selling it is reputable ( more so I am familiar with monoprices customer service than the manufacturer of this camera). Woot does not make this camera, nor is it manufactured for them, and that's a big diffence between the two products.

After the price drop, it does make it much more considerable.

I think everyone except prttymf8 knows what you were saying.

daefaroth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daefaroth
alunj wrote:Looks like this would fit on top of a Nerf gun - can anyone confirm that?

As I mentioned on the top of page 2 of the comments you would need one of these or something similar.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/312136/nerf-2-picatinny-rail-adapter.html

I do not believe that it will attach without some kind of adapter.

choumai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choumai

one quick question. would this thing keep filming when plugin for charging? (say, you need this thing to be charged but at the same time you need to film something so you plug the cable to the on-wall USB to keep it charging... would this work?)

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Ask a Silly question:

Y'know, never mind. XD

Moueska

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.

Changed my mind again.

Do you know how WICKED this would look as a spyglass?

/SteampunkAllTheThings

Moueska

11th hour question:

Where's the Mic on this thing?

Also, where's the SD/charge slot? I couldn't see it in the pictures...

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
bunkerking2k5 wrote:That's not at all what I said. I actually have had great expirence with woots customer service. My point was its not that much more for a camera with much better resolution, and the company selling it is reputable ( more so I am familiar with monoprices customer service than the manufacturer of this camera). Woot does not make this camera, nor is it manufactured for them, and that's a big diffence between the two products.

After the price drop, it does make it much more considerable.

It was just a joke. Your comment gave me the opportunity to make a backhanded compliment, so I took it.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart
AerodexdotCom wrote:You could always mount it backwards...

highest quality post ever!

markr1961

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markr1961

The Amazon listing above http://www.amazon.com/Centerpoint-CPAC2X-ActionCAM-Digital-Camera/dp/B008S9P31G says "5/16 Threaded for Match Bow Mounts" so the standard 1/4"x20 camera mount won't work.

Some type of adapter would be needed or the mount modified with a larger mounting bolt.

I may have to get one anyway....

prttymf8 wrote:I don't know what the size of the threading is on the back of the camera, but this could work if compatible.

http://www.amazon.com/ARKON-CMP214-Windshield-Cameras-Thread/dp/B00585CLY0/

markr1961

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markr1961
CaviMike wrote:"Can use any standard 30mm optics"

Means it would fit in a standard 30mm rifle scope mounting ring.

It could be used on a gun/pitol/etc that doesn't have a picatinny rail to mount it but that would accept a scope mount.

The 30mm refers to the scope tube body diameter, not any type of screw on optics like might be found on video equip.

sajohnson49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sajohnson49

Has anyone had trouble getting their PC (W7 & WXP) to recognize it? Looking for a driver for it... Thanks!

sajohnson49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sajohnson49
sajohnson49 wrote:Has anyone had trouble getting their PC (W7 & WXP) to recognize it? Looking for a driver for it... Thanks!

Sorry... Figured it out. "Insert Memory Card First"... Duh! Sorry about that.

marcaineart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcaineart

I've been reading through all the comments but I haven't seen anything related to how "waterproof" this is. I mean during airsoft you can end up in some pretty inclement enviroments. Anybody know?

wyreless

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wyreless
ROGETRAY wrote:They're delicious! Can you blame me?!
My favorite is the Cheeseburger one.

My favorite WAS the BBQ Chicken but either my Giant Store has decided to only carry the Pretzel Bread version or they lied and said that Hot Pockets no longer makes the BBQ Chicken in the regular style bread. So my replacement favorite is now Mozarella and Cheese. Hot Pockets are great, I totally agree!

"Living For The DEAL!!"

wootsterbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsterbob

These must've been the units that they could never get to focus -- the image quality is very poor :-(

And I bought two (:-(