bkwells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkwells

Perfect timing to replenish my hurricane stash. In for 1 AA pack and 1 AAA pack! Thanks Woot!

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

Bought AA & AAA a while back and they are good batteries. We use them for Wii remotes and wireless mouse No Cheap, Fuji BIG LOT batteries here.

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl

I'm just one guy, but I've used a lot of these AC Delco alkaline batteries in the past (exact same product being sold here) with no problems whatsoever. Purchased from Menard's and not Woot, but these are NIP so I'm not too worried.

In for 2, one of each size. Averages out to 17.5 cents per battery. Compare that to the 75-100 cents each that you would otherwise pay for retail Duracell or Energizer.

alderson21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alderson21

I've bought these in AA and AAA from woot before and never had any of them leak or explode or destroy anything. I keep them in the horde of Leak Frogs I've got roaming the house and they last at least a year. My stash is starting to run low, so I'm in for another pack of AAA at least.

Oh, and for reference, the 100 pack of AA's I last bought @ Fry's shows $22.99 on the package. You do the maths.

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421

Will these work in my Tesla Roadster?

bgrammasueb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bgrammasueb

The last (and only) time I bought batteries from woot they were sanyo. I don't know if it is that brand or if they were seconds but they were terrible. Half didn't work at all and the other half had very little power. The two I put in my camera made it go crazy. It kept turning on and off by itself. I took them out and put in some energizer batteries that I got from the store and the camera is fine. I will never buy batteries from woot again. Bad news.

jthomp2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthomp2
bgrammasueb wrote:The last (and only) time I bought batteries from woot they were sanyo. I don't know if it is that brand or if they were seconds but they were terrible. Half didn't work at all and the other half had very little power. The two I put in my camera made it go crazy. It kept turning on and off by itself. I took them out and put in some energizer batteries that I got from the store and the camera is fine. I will never buy batteries from woot again. Bad news.

jthomp2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthomp2

I had to reply to your comment. I agree and disagree. The Sanyo batteries I bought online - don't think they were through WOOT but might have been... did not do as well as other batteries and also seemed to be very leak prone as they got old (really old like 5 years in flash lights that I didn't use very often)but the failure rate was not 50%! Also as I already stated they did not have excellent battery lift but probably just as good as the worst batteries in this review. I agree with the reviewer Entercell batteries are actually very good. I used to work for the The Shack and buy these in large "bricks" at employee discount prices. Woot prices are still better. I have found most lesser known battery brands seem to leak worst over time.

muditkumar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages muditkumar

We all need batteries - both AA and AAA types. Lots of these... as most electronics uses one of these two sizes.

So Woot! would have made a killing if they would have packages these with 50 of each type at this awesome price!

Just an idea.. (Who wants to buy 100 of each?)

BrokeDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrokeDave
nechronius wrote:A GM branded battery? Interesting.

Just make sure to mind the "best used by 2018" date. Most major alkaline batteries, when you buy them, usually have a "best used by" date almost 10 years from the day you buy them, because usually hey're pretty fresh.

AFAIK, it's still only Duracells that rate as long as 10 years, the rest typically between 5 and 8.

apbeecher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apbeecher
whatsamattaU wrote:Since I think this discussion will pretty go along the typical battery discussions of the past (In other words, it's like buying a lottery ticket with a pretty good chance of winning, but it's still a lottery ticket only rivaled by the King of Shaves), I'll try my first (and perhaps last) attempt at humor since I'm severely sleep deprived.

"Did you hear about the new really cheap batteries? The price is bordering on criminal. They're being made from Morton's Salt."
"Wait, what are you talking about?"
"Of salt in batteries."

Edit: $14.99 tonight

Well played, whatsamattaU. Well played.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
kgryzan wrote:My last 2 sets of batteries on woot we're junk. I would avoid...

we're = we are

rjolly87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjolly87
0x776F6F7421 wrote:Will these work in my Tesla Roadster?

Surrrrrrre... you will need 69 of these packages for your application. So, if you hand 22 of your friends $50 (3 cents for their trouble, because you are such a great friend after all), and order a set yourself, you can make it happen. For a measly $1150 + tax, you will be all set to go, with one minor setback. You just have the 1.5v versus the 3.7 of the originals (less than half the voltage, plus alkaline vs li-ion) so you lose a bunch of power, and a bunch of range. Life is great though, for the first run. Then you have to change them again.

And for those watching, I DO have too much time on my hands!

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
SuperNinja wrote:we're = we are

lol = LOL!

charg3dup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charg3dup
jblood wrote:lol = LOL!

EASTER Bunch of 60s Cartoons AT MIDNIGHT~

Barrel of Crops x 2
Happy Hour Random Crap X 3
Scarface Wall Clock,Screaming Mini Monkey, Keychain,Woot-Off Lights,Stewie from Family Guy USB Toy,USB Powered Woot-Off Lights,
Portable Hibchi BBQ Grill,USB AM/FM Radio,
Philips Plug and Play USB Webcam
Kodak Easyshare 5300 All-in-One,Perfection 11 Piece Knife Set,Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 5000,Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players,