bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
firesleuth wrote:I would like to use this on my Canon EOS-5D Mark II which only uses a CF card. I regularly use SDHC cards in the camera using a SD-CF card adapter. Eye-Fi does not recommend this but they state that they have not tried it. Anyone out there use Eye-Fi with a CF-SD adapter?

I am using a CF(2)-SD adapter with a Pro-X2 and it works fine. It does not have a very good range though. The range is about 30' indoors.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
SurplusHP wrote:I must have the wrong kind of camera because I can't figure how this product would work with my camera.

No offense, but this is a product that could have used a short video showing us its typical usage.

Not a mind-numbing 4 minute "unboxing" video. Not a 20 minute "review" with all sorts of nitpicky complaints about the product.

Just a video showing how it gets used.

I not sure what you are asking, it is used in place of your existing SD card in your camera. After setup, which is very easy, you insert it in your camera where the SD memory card goes. When you taske pictures it uses Wi-Fi to transfer the pictures to your desktop, laptop, or online albums.

greatwhite35

quality posts: 7 Private Messages greatwhite35
timmyboy1 wrote:Wow, guess the April Fools crap is really a thing of the good ol' past.

Ahhhh! The days long gone since the
Black & Decker 20W Power Backup Battery – Two Pack, April Fools fiasco! So sad...Bring back the old woot! :'(

Toothy, The Hamptons (160 woots and 3 Bunch of 60s Cartoons#39;s as of April 1, 2013!!)

firesleuth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firesleuth
bratib wrote:I am using a CF(2)-SD adapter with a Pro-X2 and it works fine. It does not have a very good range though. The range is about 30' indoors.

Thanks, bratib. I think I'll give it a try. Although this is not the Pro version on sale. Maybe I should wait...

radellaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radellaf
sctechguy wrote:The pro version can also do wireless RAW image uploading (an ABSOLUTE necessity).

On the contrary, given how dear it is, I've been lamenting that I can't get an 8GB upgrade for a reasonable price. I've had the 4GB x2 since it came out (and the original before that). $40 (shipped) to get 8GB is great. I shoot an occasional RAW, but the extra space I want mainly for movies. The 4GB card should sell for $20-$30, so pretty reasonable overall.

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor
lacotomo wrote:Terrible

Agreed--I thought you were just being a cynical critic--then I watched it. Wow, that was dumb.

workinpoor

bratib wrote:I not sure what you are asking, it is used in place of your existing SD card in your camera. After setup, which is very easy, you insert it in your camera where the SD memory card goes. When you taske pictures it uses Wi-Fi to transfer the pictures to your desktop, laptop, or online albums.

What I don't get is what you're supposed to do with the USB part of the thing.

scifiak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scifiak
workinpoor wrote:What I don't get is what you're supposed to do with the USB part of the thing.

Initial setup and config of Wifi settings.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh hey, lookie here. It's a new site!

I've found it impossible to keep up and research the deals on all the sites as it is, and now another site? Woot has become just another 'ebay daily deals' site these days. Actually, I have been finding better deals there, and I find their single page scroll down and optionally expand sections layout is FAR easier to use thant woot!s layout. Woot should seriously consider adopting a layout similar to daily deals.

I'm sure its working out for woot!, if it wasn't bringing in the bucks woot! wouldn't keep adding stuff, but what separated woot! apart from 'the rest' is slowly dwindling.

As far as this Eye-Fi, I almost bought one from woot! awhile back but I needed to be able to upload files TO IT, not from it via wireless. If found that the Kingston Wi-Drive, while more epensive, was a better option for my case as it allowed me to upload files to it remotely.

ohsnaparoomba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohsnaparoomba

NO NO, there WAS a Bunch of 60s Cartoons It was under the manure section. It is still there, just sold out.

greatwhite35 wrote:Ahhhh! The days long gone since the
Black & Decker 20W Power Backup Battery – Two Pack, April Fools fiasco! So sad...Bring back the old woot! :'(

workinpoor

scifiak wrote:Initial setup and config of Wifi settings.

Ah, okay--I feared that it had to stay in the computer/laptop/whatever. Thanks.

wackieiraqee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wackieiraqee

Woot kind of sucks now.

pdpplaque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdpplaque
wackieiraqee wrote:Woot kind of sucks now.

Me thinks you missed out on the crap on Cel-O-Brate Manure! event that was on sale @ 9 AM EST located in Woot's Tools & Garden page?

Woots!
4/1/2013 - B.A.G. O.F. C.R.A.P.
3/26/2013 - Vibram FiveFingers Bikila Shoes
3/25/2013 - HP 17.3" Quad-Core Laptop
3/25/2013 - HP 17.3" Dual-Core Laptop
1/29/2013 - 10.1" 32GB Tablet w/Keyboard Dock
9/4/2012 - JEM Adv Computer/Gaming Eyewear
7/31/2012 - HomeSource Microcotten 6-pc Towel Set
7/15/2012 - Oodles of Noodles
5/6/012 - J&J First Aid Kit - 2 Pack
4/18/2012 - Roku XD 1080p Streaming Player

safehouseweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages safehouseweb

SurplusHP, thanks for sharing that video. But it doesn't explain how the card transfers images to a smartphone... or is it just assumed that you also have to be in your house (a.k.a. in range of your own wifi network) for it to send images to a smartphone, too?

SurplusHP wrote:Here is a short Youtube video showing how the card works.

[MOD: Embedded video]

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr
StarChaserTyger wrote:If you're considering buying one of these, check their site first and make sure your camera is compatible. I went through the whole install and update thing with it, took about half an hour... and then it refused to work with my camera. XO Not their fault, I should have checked [i]first[/], but still, learn from my pain. :P

My Fuji HS10 is not listed n their DB as compatible, but the follow-on model HS20 is. I took a gamble, and several thousand pics later, it is still working well.
8gb Pro.

polskachick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polskachick
joshuahatz wrote:Two years in a row woot has disappointed me. Thanks for letting me down in an obvious way this year.

Woot gave up on us quite some time ago. No bags o crap on 4/1, none on their birthday, none in the woot-offs... Now that they've sucked everyone in, they have a site for everything, including the new tool.woot in Home Depot orange.

I read a complaint that someone couldn't cancel an order 10 minutes after it was placed. Thunder Thighs replied that the order was already being processed by an Amazon fulfillment center. What does this tell you?

People, go home! There's nothing to see here.. Really!

My husband bailed out of woot months ago.. I stay on to post inflammatory comments :-)

Anyone wanna buy a woot monkey collection? Hubby is getting rid of his with some nice bonuses included! He has 'em up on feebay.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

polskachick wrote:Woot gave up on us quite some time ago. No bags o crap on 4/1, none on their birthday, none in the woot-offs... Now that they've sucked everyone in, they have a site for everything, including the new tool.woot in Home Depot orange.

I read a complaint that someone couldn't cancel an order 10 minutes after it was placed. Thunder Thighs replied that the order was already being processed by an Amazon fulfillment center. What does this tell you?

People, go home! There's nothing to see here.. Really!

My husband bailed out of woot months ago.. I stay on to post inflammatory comments :-)

Anyone wanna buy a woot monkey collection? Hubby is getting rid of his with some nice bonuses included! He has 'em up on feebay.

Yep there were no Boxes of Carrots today:
http://tools.woot.com/plus/cel-o-brate-manure

polskachick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polskachick
ROGETRAY wrote:Yep there were no Boxes of Carrots today:
http://tools.woot.com/plus/cel-o-brate-manure

And where was the fun in that? I remember a woot that actually had a sense of humor on 4/1. A woot that its fans talked - no - RAVED about. That woot is long gone...

hal2814

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hal2814

I don't know. Putting it up at 9:00 AM instead of midnight? And it is not a woot-off?!?! Although I did have fun reading about the tool rating system at one in the morning while I scoured all the pages in search of the bag. I do wish they would bring back the random cat pictures - really it does not take much to get me to laugh when I am sleep deprived, but not so much the "black-and-white TV compatible" and "underwater" questions...

ktrenholm wrote:So now that a Bunch of 60s Cartoons has been revealed can we all point and laugh at all the jerks whining about the decline of woot?

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester
bluejester wrote:I was hoping for an April Fools Day Bunch of 60s Cartoons but instead it's a gimmicky launch of a new sub-site to woot. I use to look forward to this day for wootdom, even if I never got a bag I was always happy with the ride. (Even when it meant broken flash games and million dollar crap.) I'll hold out a little hope for a Bunch of 60s Cartoons but not much.

This is sad and disappointing on so many levels. I mean, I like that they still have the monkeys and an occasional tee that they like but dang...

Am I the only one who got not only annoyed, but a tad misty eyed when there was no Bunch of 60s Cartoons to be found? *sigh* Sadness...

I retract my earlier statement. Glad to see you came through old bean.

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk
sea2sea wrote:
It has become a pale shadow of the Woot I used to love. And the main page now looks like the stupid tiles in Windows 8.

YES! That's the best comparison by far! I agree totally! Right on the money with the terrible layout!

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

Woah!! I already have my card!
I got the shipping confirmation email from Woot while I was at work today. Didn't bother reading it, just figured it would take a week like usual.
When I got home, my Eye-Fi was IN MY MAILBOX ALREADY!

Wow! that's the fastest shipping I've EVER had from Woot; an unexpected, but quite welcome, surprise!

Oh, and the Eye-Fi is pretty sweet too. Setup took less than 10 minutes, and then I stuck the card in my camera and went to take a picture. I snapped a photo in my living room, and by the time I walked back to my computer that photo was already on the computer and in my private Picasa album online!