cormelon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cormelon
jerseytu wrote:I went to Leupold website and they are offering a $30.00 rebate on this model...it was in the reward section of the site.

"on-line retailer or store identified receipt (dated between May 1st, 2013 & June 30th, 2013)". Not gonna work on this deal!

ngc6475

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngc6475

These are fine binoculars and their specs are encouraging but for most purposes a 12x binocular has a bit too much magnification for comfortable hand holding. A 10x, or even better, an 8x binocular would be more useful and more comfortable for nearly all terrestrial observing.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

derrickj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derrickj
mdnorman wrote:Bingo! That's where I'm hung up too!

Hey woot, can someone tell us why Leupold's limited lifetime warranty doesn't apply to these binoculars?

I am not "Woot" but the Leupold website shows a lifetime warranty on these (non transferable if you sell them).

Here is the manual for this binoculars, page 7 starts the warranty.

cormelon

derrickj wrote:I am not "Woot" but the Leupold website shows a lifetime warranty on these (non transferable if you sell them).

Here is the manual for this binoculars, page 7 starts the warranty.

Yes, that's what the Leupold site says, but the WOOT! description includes "Warranty: 1 Year Leupold". Wish we had a definitive answer.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
cormelon wrote:Yes, that's what the Leupold site says, but the WOOT! description includes "Warranty: 1 Year Leupold". Wish we had a definitive answer.

Maybe these were counterfeits, manufactured in China. Leupold's website has a warning about counterfeit products being sold on the internet.

cormelon

mdnorman wrote:Maybe these were counterfeits, manufactured in China. Leupold's website has a warning about counterfeit products being sold on the internet.

Hmmmmm, a la Alex Jones.

roustawoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roustawoot

Maybe these were counterfeits, manufactured in China. Leupold's website has a warning about counterfeit products being sold on the internet.

Hmmmmm, a la Alex Jones.

You know, if Alex Jones were buying his meds from an online pharmacy selling talcum as lithium, it might explain a LOT.