Quality Posts

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Product website with no reviews.

$89.99 on Amazon with free shipping.

[MOD: May have sold out. Now seeing $96.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Please tell me this toothbrush is not refurbished...

hseratt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hseratt

Bravo, Woot writers!

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak

I'm holding out for a Sonic Screwdriver

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

$89.99 @ J&R also. No reviews either. Must be a new product. Saw a couple of fake buzz sites to get search engine placements.

Was $114 @ Newegg. Almost got two as upgrades to my sons Oral B rotating brush heads, to be like mine, but then I realized mine was a Philips, not a Panasonic.

It looks nice, though.

iankunx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iankunx
zikzak wrote:I'm holding out for a Sonic Screwdriver

Who looks at a toothbrush and thinks 'Ooh, this could be a bit more sonic'?

heatherleather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherleather
conanthelibrarian wrote:Please tell me this toothbrush is not refurbished...

Thanks for my first laugh of the day!! :-D

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

We love most things Panasonic - but had no clue they made tooth machines! They make everything.

I won't buy any electric razors other than their fancy 10,000 rpm/cycle whatever models.

One concern: you can even get Oral B replacement brush heads at Costco - haven't seen these anywhere.

If Panasonic ever got their US distribution act together they'd be like Sony 10-15 years ago in the US. They should fire whoever is in charge of US marketing/distribution and start over.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Even though the toothbrush comes with 4 heads, you won't want to share it with others—trust me on that.

So buy 2 to keep peace with the spouse.

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek
Kanabis wrote:Obligatory price check at th mothership http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-EW-DL90QW-Sonic-Vibration-Toothbrush/dp/B00BXOYCC4 $89.99 and no reviews

Why would anyone do a price check against the company that owns Woot? Seems like it would be extremely easy for Amazon to manipulate prices, since they own both companies.

jmcachran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmcachran
bek wrote:Why would anyone do a price check against the company that owns Woot? Seems like it would be extremely easy for Amazon to manipulate prices, since they own both companies.

As someone who spent enough time in a corporate world, you'd be amazed at how little communication there can be between different departments let alone what are actually 2 different companies.

Lots of time things like this are done with zero involvement at the detail level.

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner

I've got the Diamond brand version of this which came with an infrared toothbrush head cleaner for less than this price. Though its interesting this ramps up to speed (not found that to be even a thought with mine though) and comes with four brush heads (mine came with only three).

But the infrared brush cleaner (which glows a nice blue under the lid) gives me an increased sense of clean.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bek wrote:Why would anyone do a price check against the company that owns Woot? Seems like it would be extremely easy for Amazon to manipulate prices, since they own both companies.

Independent Subsidiary

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsd

I was thinking about this but the Diamond version with that infrared cleaner has more appeal. I can't imagine a price cheaper than this though. Costco is selling the Diamond for $149. Where can you get these cheaper they're so darn expensive!

speed_bump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speed_bump

Was about to buy since my Sonicare is on its last legs, then realized replacement heads are $20 each! That's even worse than the overpriced Philips Sonicare heads!

No thanks.

louisgrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisgrady
conanthelibrarian wrote:Please tell me this toothbrush is not refurbished...

Would not make a difference to me, it is the head that contacts your teeth, and those are replacable, so every member of the family has his own "brush" which attaches to the appliance in handle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE UPDATE

The buying team has notified me that more wooters need clean teeth. Therefore, they have lowered the price on this baby to $69.99 to encourage more of you to take on better dental hygiene. What better way to do that than with 28K brushstrokes per minute!

So get out there and buy one for you, your in-laws, your boss... heck any one.

Just buy them because I hate seeing the buyer in this state. The wailing is ear piercing.

Small print: If you already purchased, the difference will magically appear back in your account shortly.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hughn

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hughn
speed_bump wrote:Was about to buy since my Sonicare is on its last legs, then realized replacement heads are $20 each! That's even worse than the overpriced Philips Sonicare heads!

No thanks.

I just purchased a pack of two at Walmart for around $18.

templau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages templau

Odd they would have the same brand. Wonder if Phillips. Have seen good reviews for Phillips (Sonicare - which I have) and Oral B, but nothing on Panasonic.

drthomasho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthomasho

Were those Philips?

hughn wrote:I just purchased a pack of two at Walmart for around $18.

rhanlives

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rhanlives

I call mine Gerard.

lmaxwellb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lmaxwellb
dsd wrote:I was thinking about this but the Diamond version with that infrared cleaner has more appeal. I can't imagine a price cheaper than this though. Costco is selling the Diamond for $149. Where can you get these cheaper they're so darn expensive!

I'm sure all products have flaws and are not perfect, but bought two diamond tooth brushes from Group on last year, my wifes broke in 3 months (turns on at any time, technically still works, but its like having a poppies go off at any time of day or night with no ability to stop it) and mine started to look crappy within 2 weeks, the parts fell off - but it still works well. I wouldn't buy another product from them ever.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rhanlives wrote:I call mine Gerard.

FORUM MODERATOR

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid

More to the point, why do most people only compare prices on Amazon, and why do they assume everyone's the kind of chump who pays nearly $100 a year for "free" shipping? (With that, a hat tip to mike808 for looking on J&R.)

silverlake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverlake

I can't buy anything on woot; what is wrong?

sundevl21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sundevl21
bluemaple wrote:

One concern: you can even get Oral B replacement brush heads at Costco - haven't seen these anywhere.

Not being able to find replacement heads doesn't sound like a minor concern. I'm not too familiar with brush head compatibility- will I need a specific type or will anything from Philips work? If I don't stock up on replacement heads now, by the time the ones that come with it wear out will I be able to find them or will I have to buy a new toothbrush?

jawadz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jawadz

Its RechargEable not Rechargable

ThunderThighs

Staff

silverlake wrote:I can't buy anything on woot; what is wrong?

Going to need some more info. What are you doing and what is happening?

FORUM MODERATOR

shackrock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shackrock

Can somebody link me to the replacement brush heads on amazon? I can't seem to find them...

Evo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Evo

Yep. I also am holding out until you get something that's actually useful on here. Sonic Screwdriver for the win!

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
mike808 wrote:Oral B rotating brush heads

The brush head on an Oral B doesn't actually "rotate", it just vibrates around a 20 (?) degree angle.

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl

I'm still not understanding why anyone would pay $70 for a toothbrush. Ever. No matter what it does.

I get mine free from the dentist. But granted, they do require my arms to move slightly to accomplish that classic "brushing" motion.

Besides, flossing does 10x more for dental hygiene than brushing anyway.

jeffflanagan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffflanagan
editorkid wrote:More to the point, why do most people only compare prices on Amazon, and why do they assume everyone's the kind of chump who pays nearly $100 a year for "free" shipping? (With that, a hat tip to mike808 for looking on J&R.)

Chump? I pay for Prime to get free shipping, because I spent more on shipping than the membership cost last year, and the streaming video is just a bonus. It's a pretty great deal if you buy a lot from amazon. I was even able to get a 50lb mattress shipped to me in one day for $3 with the Prime membership. Two-day would have been free.

jeffflanagan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffflanagan
scottydl wrote:I'm still not understanding why anyone would pay $70 for a toothbrush. Ever. No matter what it does.

I get mine free from the dentist. But granted, they do require my arms to move slightly to accomplish that classic "brushing" motion.

It's 2013, and you're still manually moving your arms?

You probably don't even have electronic floss.

Seriously, scottydl is absolutely right about flossing. If you don't clean between your teeth, you're walking around with decomposing food in your mouth.

mattkbryant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattkbryant

For comparison sake (if anyone even cares), the Sonicare DiamondClean is rated at a maximum 31,000 brush strokes/minute vs. the 28,500 on the Panasonic.

For the less math-inclined, that's about 42 strokes a second. Seems like a lot, but really they are going to theoretically...possibly...maybe? perform at the same level.

They are also $100+ apart in price, with the Panasonic taking the win.

Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
http://www.usa.philips.com/c/electric-toothbrushes/diamondclean-5-modes-2-brush-heads-usb-charging-case-hx9332_05/prd/en/;jsessionid=C7ABC96CE7A991922D61C7DC4DB27BA8.app121-drp1?t=specifications

Panasonic EW-DL90QW http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/EW-DL90QW?t=overview

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
scottydl wrote:I'm still not understanding why anyone would pay $70 for a toothbrush. Ever. No matter what it does.

I can't speak for anyone else but I like the electric toothbrushes because when I use them they give me the feeling that I get after a deep clean at the dentist. Also it has a timer so I brush longer and better then I would with a manual brush because I can't cheat on just how long I'm brushing. They do feel weird at first and they are pricey but I really like them.

gaymoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaymoore
MikeWeiner wrote:I've got the Diamond brand version of this which came with an infrared toothbrush head cleaner for less than this price. Though its interesting this ramps up to speed (not found that to be even a thought with mine though) and comes with four brush heads (mine came with only three).

But the infrared brush cleaner (which glows a nice blue under the lid) gives me an increased sense of clean.

Looking for confirmation on infrared? Most sanitizers are UltraViolet (UV) and glow blue.
Infrared (IR) usually has a red glow and is on the other end of the visible light spectrum.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
MikeWeiner wrote:I've got the Diamond brand version of this which came with an infrared toothbrush head cleaner for less than this price. Though its interesting this ramps up to speed (not found that to be even a thought with mine though) and comes with four brush heads (mine came with only three).

I think you mean ultraviolet. Infrared is the other end of the visible spectrum. The blue you see is cosmetic, since both ultraviolet and infrared light are invisible to the unaided eye.

storkbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages storkbud

There is a lot more than 'free shipping" for $100....even though it's not $100 annually -- Amazon Prime, for those of us that have clipped the cable cord, and that $100 is covered in basically one month of cable savings....just sayin'

editorkid wrote:More to the point, why do most people only compare prices on Amazon, and why do they assume everyone's the kind of chump who pays nearly $100 a year for "free" shipping? (With that, a hat tip to mike808 for looking on J&R.)