marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo

Going to Kohls tonight to try on and size up. Hopefully woot will still have my size.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

rozax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rozax

You're excluding anyone with a foot smaller than a "Men's" 7?

rozax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rozax
stevethelil wrote:Someone has to mention that toe sneakers look ridiculous on whoever is wearing them.

You're welcome.

Function over form. You're welcome.

canosbass5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages canosbass5

I've seen a lot of back and forth on These vs Vibrams...and I didn't read every comment so sorry if I just repeat what someone else has said. I've had a pair of Vibrams now for going on 2 years, and a pair of these Fila's for about a year now. I use them when I workout, and I would classify the Fila's as a great transition into Vibram's if you've never worn either.

In addition, the Fila's do provide a bit more cushion, and make it easier to wear as a casual shoe. Over a long day, the Fila's also win the comfort battle if say you wear them to work and are running around an office, up and down stairs, etc all day (in my opinion). Vibrams are great for all the things they're known for, but sometimes you want the best of both worlds - being minimally restrictive footwear, with all the cushy protection you know and love...and these get it done

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

I've had a pair of Skeletoes to use as water shoes for the last 2 years and they are great. "knock off"? Meh, I think that they took the Vibram idea and made their own shoes but if you're stuck with getting a name... go on with ya bad self and spend more money so you can point to your shoes that will probably give you the same feeling. I'll spend $25 on another pair of these to use outside the water. :P

JbO0613

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JbO0613
joepops wrote:This would be helpful to me:

Hi, my name is _____. I own these shoes. I like/don't like them. Normally, I wear US (M/W) size ___. In these, I wear ___. I usually wear/don't wear socks with these. I am a valuable woot contributor.

Can someone help out with this?

Hi, my name is Justin. I own these shoes. I LOVE them. Normally, I wear US (M) six 12. In these, I wear 11. I usually don't wear socks with them but I just got a pair of the FILA toe socks and they make a huge difference, the socks make them so much better, and the feel of them tight and barefoot. Plus without socks and a weekly washing they still had a slight smell to them if I had sweated a lot in them that week so I'd have to wash again. I am a valuable woot contributor. I owned the vibram ones for about a week and just couldn't get them comfortable plus had a hard time getting them on with the pinky toe separated. These make putting on and taking off very simple and are extremely comfortable. Hope this helps! I've ordered another pair and am considering ordering a third pair.

-JbO-

joepops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joepops
JbO0613 wrote:Hi, my name is Justin. I own these shoes. I LOVE them. Normally, I wear US (M) six 12. In these, I wear 11. I usually don't wear socks with them but I just got a pair of the FILA toe socks and they make a huge difference, the socks make them so much better, and the feel of them tight and barefoot. Plus without socks and a weekly washing they still had a slight smell to them if I had sweated a lot in them that week so I'd have to wash again. I am a valuable woot contributor. I owned the vibram ones for about a week and just couldn't get them comfortable plus had a hard time getting them on with the pinky toe separated. These make putting on and taking off very simple and are extremely comfortable. Hope this helps! I've ordered another pair and am considering ordering a third pair.

This is a quality post if ever I have seen one. Why? it made the sale.

ResidualChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ResidualChaos

My husband and I recently each purchased a pair of these at a big box for around $40. He likes his, but my own cause my right next to last toe to feel uncomfortably distended. I wore them on a hike and was able to get used to it after a bit and I only had one little blister at the end of the trail, but all in all I am not very impressed. For the money they might be worth trying if you've been curious about the whole two shoe experience... maybe, but you are very much getting what you pay for, here.

Edit: They are not very comfortable on the inside. Lots of rough bits.

coolbluelb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coolbluelb

Recommends saving up and buying Vibram Bikilas...

crxbox123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crxbox123

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Are all you wooters size 13 shoe. Ive NEVER won a woot on shoes my size.

Daniel K Saur

cdr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdr

These are a gimmick at best, trying to look like trendy "toe shoes" without actually providing any of the functionality of barefoot shoes.

Built up arch, stiff sole, significant drop (ie heel is higher than toes) all mean this is a traditional running shoe, the kind that gives you shin splints and hammer toe.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
cdr wrote:These are a gimmick at best, trying to look like trendy "toe shoes" without actually providing any of the functionality of barefoot shoes.

Built up arch, stiff sole, significant drop (ie heel is higher than toes) all mean this is a traditional running shoe, the kind that gives you shin splints and hammer toe.

Yep... It seems obvious to me that there is too much "structure" to these shoes. The overbuilt nature of the shoes wouldn't allow for a good fit as "toe shoes."

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

I picked up a pair.
I plan on wearing these to the gym.

Also, the fancy toe slots will come in handy to hold my spare change when it's time to buy a smoothy from the smoothy bar.

Yum Yum

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman
mdnorman wrote:Yep... It seems obvious to me that there is too much "structure" to these shoes. The overbuilt nature of the shoes wouldn't allow for a good fit as "toe shoes."

Fila will be the first to tell you that these are not barefoot running shoes. These are lifestyle shoes for people that enjoy that feeling of barefoot. Now I'm sure though that it coincides with the Vibram shoes is not by mistake.

ndevries1981

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndevries1981
joepops wrote:what size do you wear normally and what size of these fit you best?

Sorry for the late reply; I normally wear a size 13 sneaker and picked up 3 pairs in size 12 as they had just a tad of wiggle room but fit well.

Agent019

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Agent019

I did not think about the toe socks before I saw this... luckily I read the comments. Saved me from buying these.

lill3oy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lill3oy

Just bought 2! One to keep and hopefully, one to sell. I hope they're as comfortable as they look to be. My first toe-shoes.

kaptinkurk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaptinkurk

I really wish I would have come on here earlier today. My size 9 is all sold out :/

I absolutely love the pair that I have. I wear them all the time to work because I am on my feet quite a lot, and I never have foot/leg pain afterward.

I did notice that over time the fabric between the toes tends to rip because it is very thin. Just a heads up for people who plan to wear these a lot. May of just been me though, because I tend to wiggle my toes quite a bit :P

kgamon

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kgamon

I just went for a run in my Asics DS Trainers. Best shoe for my foot, and I don't look silly or need special socks. Put those on here, Woot.

On the topic of Skeletoes, though, I do have a pair of their water shoes. I paid ten bucks for them at a clearance sale. They are great for walking my dog and kids at the park and beach.

I'd maybe go in for the trail shoes (the orange ones) at this price, but I'd need to fork out some cash elsewhere to get the special socks. Meh, I don't run trails often.

Ryukyu King

kaptinkurk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaptinkurk
kgamon wrote:I just went for a run in my Asics DS Trainers. Best shoe for my foot, and I don't look silly or need special socks. Put those on here, Woot.

On the topic of Skeletoes, though, I do have a pair of their water shoes. I paid ten bucks for them at a clearance sale. They are great for walking my dog and kids at the park and beach.

I'd maybe go in for the trail shoes (the orange ones) at this price, but I'd need to fork out some cash elsewhere to get the special socks. Meh, I don't run trails often.

You can buy comfortable toe socks pretty cheap on ebay. I found the place to order them from is korea, because they seem to be big there. They are expensive to buy from US retailers. Usually around $10-15 a pair, while the other ones are around $1-2 a pair.

asherbuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asherbuck

As a barefoot runner experimenting with toe shoes I find these are to running as condoms are to sex.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

asherbuck wrote:As a barefoot runner experimenting with toe shoes I find these are to running as condoms are to sex.

Sooooooooooooo....safe? lol

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Well....These shoes suck! I want my 24$ back, daggonit.

Firstly, It takes me twice as long to put these on. Even tho my toes are normal and straight, I have difficulty getting the correct toes in the correct toe hole for some reason. Plus, I can't stand the feeling of these shoes for more than a couple minutes before I'm kicking the suckers off. I nearly hit the cat upside it's head with a flying shoe.

Bad design? Bad concept? Yes.

I'll save any and all online shoes purchases for Zappos

LynxFX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LynxFX
cosmictrucker wrote:Well....These shoes suck! I want my 24$ back, daggonit.

I feel the same way. Very disappointed. I have a "camel toe" surfing booty that I found surprisingly comfortable. So I figured the 4 toe shoe would be similar. Nope, these scrape against your toes instead of being soft. I guess you can wear toe socks but that just defeats the purpose.

Glad I only wasted $28 on these. Doubt I could even get that on craigslist.

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty

I've been trying for days to get these on...still unsuccessfully. Wasted money. I've heard good things about the concept and was excited to try these on but they have just been irritating.

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

Weird, I love the ones I got.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark
LynxFX wrote:I feel the same way. Very disappointed. I have a "camel toe" surfing booty that I found surprisingly comfortable. So I figured the 4 toe shoe would be similar. Nope, these scrape against your toes instead of being soft. I guess you can wear toe socks but that just defeats the purpose.

Glad I only wasted $28 on these. Doubt I could even get that on craigslist.

What size did you buy? I love mine now that I've figured how to put them on--apparently great for arthritis. The problem is after a couple of hours my feet get smaller! So I really need a size smaller--I brought a 10.

dynadom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dynadom

I bought these. They are the worst shoes I have ever worn. I feel like I have done serious damage to my toes and feet wearing these. I have no abnormal feet. My toes are numb and in so much pain from wearing these one day and I hardly walked around. Do not buy these shoes. There is a reason they are for 25$ its because they are trying to get rid of them.

Sinizar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinizar

Terrible design the quality of stitching and cut are awful. The right shoe has something wrong with it and cramps the two toes that have to share the far right part of the shoe. I need to figure out how to return them if that is even possible.

chewypopcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chewypopcorn

A bit late, but I thought I'd put in my two cents.

I bought these shoes during this sale, and at first I loved them. They fit my feet (I got a Men's 8) and they were comfortable as hell. I've worn them every day since I got them.

It's what, 2 months later and the orange "undertread" of the soles have been worn away completely. The fabric between my big toe and its neighbor have also likewise frayed away to nothing and now sport holes.

I'm not a huge sports enthusiast - all I do is maybe walk for 30 - 45 minutes a day.

I have never had shoes wear out on me this quickly...which is a damn shame, since they were so freaking comfy.

I doubt I'll ever buy a second pair.

moonfrost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonfrost

late review, but after wearing these for two months, I can be honest... I love these.

I do warehouse work, unloading freight manually from semi trailers. I'm 5'8", overweight, flat-footed, and am standing/walking on cement no less than 8 hours a day. I bought the trail (orange) in a 10.5 to fit my orthopedic inserts. I wear them with toe socks.

first day was awkward. my toes didn't want to enter their proper "homes." tightening the bungee laces was tedious... I had to work the laces from the bottom up three times before I found them tight enough (female with long narrow feet). Getting the socks on the first time was a bigger chore. For both, I found it easier at first to put my fingers between the toes to push them on. And even though I bought them a little big, they fit just right without my orthodics... normally that would render the shoes useless for me, but I decided to try them anyhow outside of work.

I kid you not, my feet hurt less than they have in years. I work in them, I hike trails, I shop. They have a very built up arch and my toes strongly prefer being spaced apart. I don't even need my inserts in them. The first few days, the last digit of my toes would get tender after a few hours, but resting for ten minutes relieved any pain. At first, I was genuinely concerned about stubbing my toes in them (the rubber doesn't prevent a direct-hit at all) but somehow, smashing my toes into things hasn't hurt yet. But kicking heavy objects does. A lot. I've had to train myself to flex to toes upwards and kick/push with the ball of my foot instead.

After 2 months, they are still holding up reasonably well. I notice the treds on the outer heel edge are smoothing (normal for me). No holes, inside or out.

A couple gripes though. Firstly, with the mesh between the toes, even the tiniest puddle means a soaked foot. Secondly, the tred traction on these is possibly the worst i've ever had. I can grip with the toes so climbing is way better, but if I'm pulling a 2000 lb pallet with a jack and need to suddenly stop or restart from said stop, I skid more often than not. I've also hiked a muddy trail in them and nearly went down a few times, muchly humoring my friends. Ironic, considering this is the "Trail" model.

But in good weather, these make a great walking shoe. I advise them to anyone that suffers flat foot related pain. I can't compare them to vibrams but I can say this: my job allows my footwear, but finds vibrams to be insufficient protection and sends workers home to change. That thick sole has its benefits.