photobobk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages photobobk
woottoady wrote:Worst Dyson product ever.

Top heavy. Your wrist will get quite a workout maneuvering the device. If you have weak wrists, keep a bottle of Advil handy.

Difficult to guide on uncarpeted areas. Because it's top-weighted, the unit easily loses contact with hardwood/tiled floors, so you are always going back over areas you missed. For that same reason it is hard to control its path with any accuracy. That's OK for a yard vacuum, but not for vaccuming a home.

If you're lucky, it will run for 15 minutes on a full charge. That limits what you can really accomplish in a single use. The good news is that your wrist will only suffer for a brief time before the unit needs recharging.

Stay far away... or find a unit today that you can trial "hands-on" and make your own assessment.

I don't agree with your problems with bare floors. I think that swivel-head motorized tool is the best part of this unit. My kitchen has a lot of inside and outside angles to deal with and this thing is so easy to hug them and turn on a dime. I can blast through all my bare floors in very short order. The weight of the head combined with the vacuum "action" keeps the head flat on the floors with none of the lost contact you speak of.

I use my Dyson upright for my carpeted areas, but the DC-35 is wonderful for getting under and between things. A LOT faster and easier than moving tables and things around.

The DC-35 is my tool of choice for my bare floors, detail work, touch-ups, or even a quick once-over of my carpets. With the other tools, I can clean baseboards, cobwebs from the corners and ceilings, pick up small spills and crumbs, and all the other tasks it was designed for. And even with the "limited" battery time, I have yet to use up a full charge. It's SO fast and easy...

YMMV (obviously!), but this thing has made my life easier and my house, cleaner.

littlefreak3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlefreak3000
mortois wrote:Good vacuum, but wall-mount doesn't come with mounting screws. For a company that prides itself on its engineering marvels, this does not make much sense. I contacted Dyson about this, they told me to "consult my local hardware store". Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

I went and got extra large 3M command strips to mount mine. Works like a charm.

littlefreak3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlefreak3000
Investorguy wrote:I bought this last time around and the thing shuts off automatically every time after about 3-4 seconds. I've emailed woot who told me to get ahold of dyson who has been completely unresponsive to my requests for help.

This purchase has soured me on both woot and dyson.

It does have a 6month Dyson warrenty. If it seriously broken I don't see why Dyson wouldn't acquiesce the idea.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
mortois wrote:Good vacuum, but wall-mount doesn't come with mounting screws. For a company that prides itself on its engineering marvels, this does not make much sense. I contacted Dyson about this, they told me to "consult my local hardware store". Not a deal breaker, but will definitely keep me from buying Dyson again.

If never buying their products again, how do you define a "deal breaker"? Murdering their CEO?

mikebola

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikebola
vatchman wrote:How is this for vacuuming inside of a car? I don't see a flexible hose attachment. Can it get into tight spots like under seat and between seat and console?

the flexible hose is an optional accessory, and even though I own one, I really don't use it much.

it works really well in cars, but I'd honestly say the 34 or the 35 animal or 44 to be a better bang for your buck. the 34 doesn't have a motorized head, and the 35 animal and 44 actually come with a narrower, fixed motorized head as well as the standard cleanerhead, which is excellent on upholstery.

fannypack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fannypack

Mine runs for maybe two minutes. If it could run on a power cord I would love it. As it is, it sits in a box in the attic, not good enough for Goodwill.

reannd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reannd

We have a purple one of these, purch from woot last year, and it's quite nice. The refurb was that the canister was "cloudy" (ie looked dirty, but it wasn't). Eh, it gets filled with dog hair at our house, so no biggy. It's better at dog hair than our Bissell, and rugs, too, but it's a bit small for that. I love it for stairs and in the kitchen; and it's super sucky (good thing) in crevices.

My advice, though.. be sure to PLUG IN the wall mount (banged my head against the wall when I saw my husband left ours unplugged - really now?).

randyrama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randyrama

So is this a better deal than a brand new DC34 for $159?

mikebola

fannypack wrote:Mine runs for maybe two minutes. If it could run on a power cord I would love it. As it is, it sits in a box in the attic, not good enough for Goodwill.

more than half of the customers who have issues never contact customer service. though I bet you have a DC16, since most of them are old enough to be lost in an attic.
if you don't want it, I'll pay for shipping...

mikebola

randyrama wrote:So is this a better deal than a brand new DC34 for $159?

the DC35 comes with a wand, powered cleanerhead, and wall mount that the 34 doesn't have. it depends on what you need.

vatchman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vatchman
mikebola wrote:the flexible hose is an optional accessory, and even though I own one, I really don't use it much.

it works really well in cars, but I'd honestly say the 34 or the 35 animal or 44 to be a better bang for your buck. the 34 doesn't have a motorized head, and the 35 animal and 44 actually come with a narrower, fixed motorized head as well as the standard cleanerhead, which is excellent on upholstery.

Thanks.

chardonay

quality posts: 27 Private Messages chardonay

I think this is perfect. We have on at home and one in our motorhome. In the motorhome it's ideal as you aren't always plugged in, and who wants to constantly be running the generator, and there don't have space to carry a full size vacuum. At home it's perfect for small upkeep. I want one now for our cabin.. just not sure I want red.. I liked the blue

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

MichXelle

quality posts: 35 Private Messages MichXelle

Then it is a deal beaker, over screws? I have 2 and bought 1 more as a gift. The price came down $20. You can't go wrong, I love this vac for quick cleanups In between maid service.

I love all my Dysons, all go to good use and have never needed repair.

OVER 518 W00T CARTFULS as of 04/01/14. You're killing us with wonderful items W000T!

OVER 7 years on The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months.

MichXelle

quality posts: 35 Private Messages MichXelle
Wolffhardt wrote:If never buying their products again, how do you define a "deal breaker"? Murdering their CEO?

LoL! Good one. Its his loss. Foolish!

OVER 518 W00T CARTFULS as of 04/01/14. You're killing us with wonderful items W000T!

OVER 7 years on The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
Investorguy wrote:I bought this last time around and the thing shuts off automatically every time after about 3-4 seconds. I've emailed woot who told me to get ahold of dyson who has been completely unresponsive to my requests for help.

This purchase has soured me on both woot and dyson.

Hi Investorguy,

Woot CS reporting in.

Sorry the Dyson isnt working properly. I have sent you a follow up email with instructions for the item.

Hope we figure it out for ya!

tarpanet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarpanet

Received the unit on May 2nd. Plugged in the charger (left it overnight)(No LED indication on the charger). Next day, pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. Checked battery voltage @ 1.7, checked open circuit voltages on the charger: Center pin @ ~17, and the inside wall @ ~25. Registered the unit on-line, then called Dyson. Bottom line, since there's no indicator on the charger, they're sending me another one. I'm thinking, the battery might be SO dead that the charger doesn't even see the battery (hence, no indicator)? In 7 to 10 business days, I'll see if the new charger resolves this.

[UPDATE 5/11/2013]
Received the charger yesterday. Put the battery on charge for 6 hours. Still nothing. Called Dyson back this morning. I should have another battery (new/old?) in another 7 to 10 days.

- tarpanet -