iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
lichme wrote:Ya know, you can edit your original post when you find more reviews, especially this early in the morning

Ya know, he can do whatever he wants.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

Grampy0729

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Grampy0729

Bought this camera from Woot a while back. WiFi backup is the selling feature for me. No more fiddling with cables or SD cards. Slight shutter lag, but not a big problem. Flash eats up the battery fast. Also the autofocus occasionally takes a little longer than I'd like. Zoom isn't that great, you may want to buy another lens if you go for distance. Get yourself a lens cap tether for it, it's easy to loose. Even with the faults I've mentioned, I still like the camera, I'd give it 4 out of 5.

wotocrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wotocrat
samsungguy wrote:The NX1000 does support OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) when used in conjuction with an OIS capable lens.

The 20-50mm lens bundled with the NX1000 does not support OIS.

OIS is generally most valued in zoom lenses and longer lenses to help minimize the impact of shake at longer focal lengths.

Addition of OIS, adds some cost, weight, and impacts power consumption of a lens design.

There are currently 4 lenses in the NX Lineup that support OIS:
• 18-55mm
• 60mm
• 18-200mm
• 50-200mm

Current price listing through Amazon for Samsung 50-200mm with OIS, $269 from 3 dealers.

imscience

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imscience

I have the OIS 18-55mm lens, which is fantastic. I was going to deride the 20-50mm as being the old, obsolete one, but it is not; it is actually newer, lighter, an inch shorter. I don't know how much OIS helps me on my lens, but losing weight and length count a lot in my book. I wouldn't disparage this lens. I will, however, disparage Samsung for their vaporware: they are fond of announcing lenses that never make it to market. Still awaiting the 45/1.8 lens announced last September (also no OIS... I'm thinking it's really not that big a deal on short and faster lenses).

jbachorz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbachorz

Be careful, folks -- no optical stabilization.

jbachorz

whytcolr wrote:Why do you say it has none? Are these specs somehow deceiving?

Yet most all the reviews same no optical stabilization. Slightly different model?

jbachorz

wotocrat wrote:Current price listing through Amazon for Samsung 50-200mm with OIS, $269 from 3 dealers.

I think you nailed it -- it's the lens difference.

GOGO11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GOGO11

Umm, when did the $5 shipping-all-day-everything-covered end?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

GOGO11 wrote:Umm, when did the $5 shipping-all-day-everything-covered end?

Since the implementation of the cart.

You still only pay $5 for your entire shipment of cart items. (Basically, $5 for entire shipping of one order)

GOGO11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GOGO11
ROGETRAY wrote:Since the implementation of the cart.

You still only pay $5 for your entire shipment of cart items. (Basically, $5 for entire shipping of one order)

Thanks, I think. I looked for information about the issue before I ordered, but didn't see it. Woot seems so cluttered these days that it has lost its original charm.

Druple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Druple

Watch out! You are playing refurbish roulette! I recently pulled out a Polaroid camera I got on woot a couple of summers ago. The battery was dead. I tried to get some help from wsc, but they gave me some links to buy a replacement. Being a good wootbot, I purchased a new battery, which died in the camera! I was beginning to wort (worrying about a woot purchase), thinking that the camera was at fault. After I was sent a replacement battery, the camera killed it, too. So I have lost over a hundred dollars on this steal. Thanks so much; I am not a rich person who can purchase a smart phone with a camera, so now I have a camera that will cost me more money in batteries. So woot is PURE RIP OFF!

Fishbits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fishbits

is there any chance that these lenses are interchangeable with The Sony NEX line. If that's too stupid of a question what about a comparison between the two?

more come "Kumquats vs pluots" comparisons?

ducss750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ducss750
sleebusjones wrote:Here's an example picture taken with the 16mm lens. This was at sunup, handheld through the office window...

I don't know where you work but the view is fabulous!
If it performs as well in my flat state of Florida...

ducss750

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ducss750
Druple wrote:Watch out! You are playing refurbish roulette! I recently pulled out a Polaroid camera I got on woot a couple of summers ago. The battery was dead. I tried to get some help from wsc, but they gave me some links to buy a replacement. Being a good wootbot, I purchased a new battery, which died in the camera! I was beginning to wort (worrying about a woot purchase), thinking that the camera was at fault. After I was sent a replacement battery, the camera killed it, too. So I have lost over a hundred dollars on this steal. Thanks so much; I am not a rich person who can purchase a smart phone with a camera, so now I have a camera that will cost me more money in batteries. So woot is PURE RIP OFF!

A few points:
1) This camera is new: Condition: New
2) You left the battery in an electronic device for 2 years without using it? That is probably the root of the problem. If there was any residual power draw the battery was drained and possibly damaged. Even if there wasn't, it's a good rule to NEVER leave batteries in an unused device. Neglect is a real electronics killer.
3) Basic phone (not even necessarily smartphone) with halfway decent camera = FREE from most cell phone providers.
I understand frustration, but you're aimed at the wrong target...

sleebusjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sleebusjones
ducss750 wrote:I don't know where you work but the view is fabulous!
If it performs as well in my flat state of Florida...

Pretty flat here too. Pic is shot South out of downtown Houston.

olebelringer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olebelringer

Samsung web site has two firmware updates, one for the camera body and one for the lens. Update for the body went fine but lens update would not work. Tec. support did not have a clue, did not even know about the lens update until they checked the web site. Attended an event and took a few photos, camera stopped working several times, just froze even off switch would not work. Had to remove and reinstall the battery to get it to work again as advised by tec. support. Missed several shots of grandchild activity. Returned the camera.

tj9180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tj9180

NE1 else get their camera shipment broken up. Got a package today with my Order ID but only a 8GB SDHC card in the package.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tj9180 wrote:NE1 else get their camera shipment broken up. Got a package today with my Order ID but only a 8GB SDHC card in the package.

It's very possible that they shipped separately. Give it a couple days and see if the camera doesn't show up. Of course, you can email support@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders