2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jhklomanii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhklomanii

I'm curious how close these are to expiry.

lichme

quality posts: 2686 Private Messages lichme

Here is some info on Alkaline Batteries. Buy these, and never look for batteries for your remote again (or at least until they expire)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yep, those are batteries, alright. Yep, they sure are.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hippee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippee
jhklomanii wrote:I'm curious how close these are to expiry.

"Best if used by 2019"

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

How long do these last in cameras?

that was fun while it lasted!

tsperik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsperik
bpr2 wrote:How long do these last in cameras?

Until they die

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3149 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of comments from when these were offered in February

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

Holy why are these soo much off retail? Anyone know?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

LOL, they had this same set or similar on the woot-off but now I have a full day to waffle back and forth on if I really need to buy them or not.

ashadipenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashadipenguin
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, they had this same set or similar on the woot-off but now I have a full day to waffle back and forth on if I really need to buy them or not.

Waffling is pretty much all I do. Chicken and waffles, but i'm out of chicken. Maybe these batteries will do...I'm in for 1!

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

It's a plot I tell you. It's a Woot profit making plot. Oh sure you think I am crazy but you just wait. I bet for the next week Woot will only offer things that take double A or triple A batteries and then you will be upset you were not in for 3 of these. Well I'm gonna show everyone. I'm in for 3 and I am signing up all my children, and aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters and that cousin in Indiana I have never met - never mind he is in jail - I am signing everyone up and they will all be in for 3 and they will send me all the batteries because when all that stuff that Woot plans to offer that take all these batteries I will be prepared!

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

BEST QUALITY POST AND DESCRIPTION FOR IT EVER hahaha

ThunderThighs

Staff

ashadipenguin wrote:Waffling is pretty much all I do. Chicken and waffles, but i'm out of chicken. Maybe these batteries will do...I'm in for 1!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

If you're worried that these are not quality batteries check out this independent testing done by some tech geeks.
http://hackaday.com/2012/09/14/testing-30-brands-of-batteries/

You can skip past the technical stuff but they mention at the end that Kodak Xtralife (today's offering) are the best value for your money.

Also how long they last in cameras - besides until they die - is hugely dependent on the camera but generally speaking you don't want to use alkalines in digital cameras unless you really hate mother earth; you'll probably be changing them every hour or so worth of use. If the camera doesn't have a viewfinder they're actually reasonable but what camera nowadays doesn't have a viewfinder?

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

doomtothee

The bottom of the package in the picture says 2019 which sounds about right.

Normally alkaline's last about 5 years between about 100% and 85% capacity.

ThunderThighs

Staff

doomtothee wrote:The bottom of the package in the picture says 2019 which sounds about right.

Normally alkaline's last about 5 years between about 100% and 85% capacity.

Says it in the features too. *cough*

Ladypixel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ladypixel

Guess I gotta break down and get these. I need batteries to power the flameless candles I got on Woot. (The batteries that came with the fake candles lasted for a few months of nightly use, though!)

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker

If you buy two, and then add in the shipping, and divide by the 144 batteries you just purchased - it comes to about 24 cents per battery. To put that in more perspective, it would be less than $2 for an 8-pack; something you will never see in a drugstore or even a big box store. Okay, Woot! I did the math for everybody - now do I get a FREE 72-pack???

doomtothee

ThunderThighs wrote:Says it in the features too. *cough*

I'm going to do this thing now where I blame you for my own inattentiveness.

You guys just added that! I looked before and it wasn't there!

Btw that was some lightning fast photoshoppin' earlier.

doomtothee

jamesclaflin wrote:Holy why are these soo much off retail? Anyone know?

Batteries are the french fries and soft drinks of retail.

There's a general consensus to mark them up crazy high. Normally the warehouse price (what the company pays the manufacturer) for batteries is between 7-10 cents per battery, including packaging.

coveryouractions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coveryouractions

The last time they sold these the expiration was 2019. I looked at the batteries I still have in the crisper.

caesarcxiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caesarcxiv

Bought these in a previous woot and they won't power Xbox controllers. Our regular branded alkaline batteries worked right away. These did power some woot rc helicopter controllers though....

drumelloboe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drumelloboe

xbox controller was *exactly* why I was going to purchase these. Thanks for the heads-up.

caesarcxiv wrote:Bought these in a previous woot and they won't power Xbox controllers. Our regular branded alkaline batteries worked right away. These did power some woot rc helicopter controllers though....

ZaphodJoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZaphodJoe

I bought these last time and have been using them in Remote Controls for TV's, Remote control for my car alarm, Remote Control for my house lighting, Digital weather thermometer, etc. They have worked perfectly in everything. I have gone through a whole pack of AAA and a pack and a half of AA. I'm in for 1 more of each!

amenite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amenite

Consumer Reports did similar testing some years back (with fewer brands I think) and concluded pretty much what the graph proves - Alkaline batteries of any brand are so comparable in performance, your best bet it to just buy the cheapest Alkalines you can find. In this case, I am thinking one of each AA and AAA. I should be able to use them up in under 6 years

doomtothee wrote:If you're worried that these are not quality batteries check out this independent testing done by some tech geeks.
http://hackaday.com/2012/09/14/testing-30-brands-of-batteries/

You can skip past the technical stuff but they mention at the end that Kodak Xtralife (today's offering) are the best value for your money.

Also how long they last in cameras - besides until they die - is hugely dependent on the camera but generally speaking you don't want to use alkalines in digital cameras unless you really hate mother earth; you'll probably be changing them every hour or so worth of use. If the camera doesn't have a viewfinder they're actually reasonable but what camera nowadays doesn't have a viewfinder?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I bought these in the past and they work as well as any other alkaline battery. I still have some so I'm all set but if you need them, this is a good deal especially if you order multi sets to offset shipping cost.

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

I have an 8yr old. Even in these quantities, these won't last long.

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

Alkaline may be very similar in performance, but quality can often vary. If the creation is shoddy, you're going to have more leaking and "out of the box" failures. That said, I still buy fairly cheap batteries when I can get them.

amenite wrote:Consumer Reports did similar testing some years back (with fewer brands I think) and concluded pretty much what the graph proves - Alkaline batteries of any brand are so comparable in performance, your best bet it to just buy the cheapest Alkalines you can find. In this case, I am thinking one of each AA and AAA. I should be able to use them up in under 6 years

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Unless you use a lot of batteries these offers are really a waste of money.

Batteries have a limited shelf life after which they can start to leak and lose their charge and you wind up having to find a recycling center to accept all these useless batteries.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
Hodakaroadtoad wrote:I have an 8yr old. Even in these quantities, these won't last long.

Is your child battery operated?

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
caesarcxiv wrote:Bought these in a previous woot and they won't power Xbox controllers. Our regular branded alkaline batteries worked right away. These did power some woot rc helicopter controllers though....

Wait, Xbox controllers need regular batteries? They aren't just rechargeable like PS3's? I have no idea why anyone would have ever bought an Xbox. Pay for batteries, to play online, and a blu-ray player...you guys got hosed.
I bought these batteries a while back and they have worked great for me...in for more.

joelp77440

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelp77440

I have purchased these deal before and the batteries are horrible. That being said, at $.36 per battery, they are great for kid toys.

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac
showcaller wrote:It's a plot I tell you. It's a Woot profit making plot. Oh sure you think I am crazy but you just wait. I bet for the next week Woot will only offer things that take double A or triple A batteries and then you will be upset you were not in for 3 of these. Well I'm gonna show everyone. I'm in for 3 and I am signing up all my children, and aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters and that cousin in Indiana I have never met - never mind he is in jail - I am signing everyone up and they will all be in for 3 and they will send me all the batteries because when all that stuff that Woot plans to offer that take all these batteries I will be prepared!

And you have over 20 quality posts? You either know someone at Wootmazon or the staff likes bad humor.

alisongraser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alisongraser

I bought a box of batteries from woot once and they were ALL DEAD! Never again.

Alison Graser

ashfamily

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashfamily

Just to add my 2 cents to an uninspired product sale (what's next toothpicks by the box, matches?)

I get AAA or AA batteries at the dollar store in an 8 pack (Kodak or Sunbeam - I assume the same chinese factory), so that comes to 12.5 cents per battery ....

So, while this might be a good deal if you normally get batteries at Home Depot, this Woot does not really get the juices flowing for me.

Oh wise Woot owl ... How many licks DOES it take to get to the center? The world may never know.

michaeljflick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaeljflick

I honestly would suggest anyone who uses alot of batteries just to invest in some eneloop-sanyo rechargeable batteries.

PeteCal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PeteCal

Kodak stock closed yesterday at $0.0899 a share.

I hope the batteries last longer then the company.

zurichone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zurichone

I took these batteries on vacation. My camera uses 4 batteries. I was only able to take about 6 pictures before I got the message that the batteries were low. I used 24 batteries in 3 days!

glamontagne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glamontagne

These batteries are ok, but not for high drain electronics. I would avoid using them in digital cameras or radio controlled vehicles. Remote controls, thermostats, and flashlights would all be suitable for these batteries.

Random Crap - Level 7 Woot-Off Lights
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum Philips Prestigo Universal Remote Altec Lansing M604 for Zune Remote Control Helicopter Train Set Microsoft Zune 30GB Roadside Emergency Kit Microsoft Zune 6 Player Texas Hold’em Poker