Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3472 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.5 out of 5.0) on the two-handset set over at walmart.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3472 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

The people of Walmart like the three handset set even more (3.7 out of 5.0)

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Ok, so I just had to do it. I just HAD to call that 1-888 number.

The good news?? It really IS Motorola tech support.

The bad news?? They are only open 8:30am - 6:00pmEST M-F.

bummer.

turnerpunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turnerpunk

Was just about to jump on this, but it looks like the only deal breaker from reviews is the lack of a headphone jack on the handsets.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Ohhh, we do need some new phones... sadly I think we might need like 4 or 5 handset instead of just 3.

todmacher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages todmacher

Dear Woot,

Please sell phones with headset jacks. I promise I will buy one, provided it's a good deal (which I'm generally used to from woot). Judging from the comments on prior phones that've been for sale on Woot, it seems others would, too.

Thank you,
todmacher

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Can't find replacement battery anywhere for Motorola P1003 phone. First thing to go. Worrysome.

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

So what version of android do these run?

noop

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

One question ,why is there only 2 chargers with the 3 handset version . How you suppose to charge up the third handset?

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Denimbear wrote:One question ,why is there only 2 chargers with the 3 handset version . How you suppose to charge up the third handset?

The 3rd handset goes in the base with the answering system. It charges from there.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dickrourke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dickrourke

Those reviews from Walmart customers about this set are only three in total.

To me, a 5 star (this is not one) or a 2 star evaluation is not helpful when there are few in the sample.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

people still use these things ???

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
yeahbuddy wrote:people still use these things ???

No. They don't. Mine sits on the desk and rings occasionally, but of course is never answered. I have been asking myself for years why I still have a land line. There isn't any good reason. It's just tradition, something from the past that you don't want to let go of. But of course you're right. Even people who still have them don't use them. They are just an annoyance that you pay a few dollars a month to keep around. A phone number that you can give out but never have to answer.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
lorenzodemedici wrote:No. They don't. Mine sits on the desk and rings occasionally, but of course is never answered. I have been asking myself for years why I still have a land line. There isn't any good reason. It's just tradition, something from the past that you don't want to let go of. But of course you're right. Even people who still have them don't use them. They are just an annoyance that you pay a few dollars a month to keep around. A phone number that you can give out but never have to answer.

Then again, thinking about it. . . . I flashed back to a memory of yelling at the kids to get off the phone so I could dial up the internet using my 56K modem. Who wants to give up memories like that?

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

I got rid of my landline about 5 years ago. People would call my house phone, I wouldn't answere, 3 seconds later they would call my cell phone that sits right next to my house phone. Every other time the house phone would ring, it was someone trying to sell something or a paid political advertisement.

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect
lorenzodemedici wrote:No. They don't. Mine sits on the desk and rings occasionally, but of course is never answered. I have been asking myself for years why I still have a land line. There isn't any good reason. It's just tradition, something from the past that you don't want to let go of. But of course you're right. Even people who still have them don't use them. They are just an annoyance that you pay a few dollars a month to keep around. A phone number that you can give out but never have to answer.

I was wondering that too - these must be left-over overstock to get rid of. $18/mo fee for something you never use is kind of dumb. If I DID want one for if the power is out for days and is a true emergency phone - the last thing you'd want is one that requires power to run - get a corded phone-line-powered basic for ultimate security.

acomputerdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acomputerdude
todmacher wrote:Dear Woot,

Please sell phones with headset jacks. I promise I will buy one, provided it's a good deal (which I'm generally used to from woot). Judging from the comments on prior phones that've been for sale on Woot, it seems others would, too.

Thank you,
todmacher

Agree!!! Also would be nice to see some with 2 lines.

wootfertexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootfertexas

Believe it or not, there still are places where cell service is still not reliable like the one horse town we live in. And the sound quality still ain't all that. I would never insult my dad by calling him on my cell. Soon though...

6567GTO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 6567GTO

I've been looking for a cordless phone that has an alarm clock to save space on the bedside night stand. Anyone know if this has one? Or can anyone recommend another set. I can't find one. It used to be a more common feature. ???? Help!

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff!
my GTO

AJsAWiz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AJsAWiz
Alfredenigma wrote:So what version of android do these run?

"TeleBread"

nlevake

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nlevake
6567GTO wrote:I've been looking for a cordless phone that has an alarm clock to save space on the bedside night stand. Anyone know if this has one? Or can anyone recommend another set. I can't find one. It used to be a more common feature. ???? Help!

It's called the iPhone!

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

Motorola + Landline cordless phone? I laugh because way back in the 80's (?) we had a cool landline cordless set from Motorola that copied their Cellular MicroTAC flip phone model. The handsets were very small making them easy to pocket. Unfortunately they were not durable.

We learned a lesson about companies sticking their toes in the water of a market in which they had minimal experience. Remember the Microsoft cordless landline phone?

But don't worry, I'm sure Motorola got it right this time since this wasn't their first. And Google is sure to keep Motorola in the landline business due to the synergies with the Internet. ;-)

Edit: note that a lot of these cordless phones are not made by the brand selling them. Vtech makes a lot of the phones for other brands. (Including for AT&T, I believe.) Not sure in this case tho.

cheena305

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheena305

Can this model be mounted on the wall?

ldsmom7566

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ldsmom7566
cheena305 wrote:Can this model be mounted on the wall?

Yes, they can be. If you click on the 'specs' tab you'll see where it says that it IS wall mountable. Hope this helps.

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Yep, for the simple reason if you have a landline and DSL internet, your DSL internet comes out cheaper at least with AT&T. So if you are thinking of getting rid of your landline and you have DSL, ask about the cost before you disconnect.

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid

Thank you,
todmacher

ditto

bluemaple

casey00001 wrote:Yep, for the simple reason if you have a landline and DSL internet, your DSL internet comes out cheaper at least with AT&T. So if you are thinking of getting rid of your landline and you have DSL, ask about the cost before you disconnect.

@casey00001, I was exactly where you are with AT&T DSL - in my part of the country they're pushing ("encouraging") folks off POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and DSL. Even with a 12 mo. commitment the prices bumped higher than a plain U-Verse Internet connection. Good luck for as long as it lasts!

ThorsHammer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ThorsHammer

Maybe I missed it, but I do not recall seeing an "Expandable to" in the specs.

jeffredo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffredo

There are excellent deals for phones like this (Panasonic, ATT, etc...) at almost any office supply or big box store. Not compelling enough for me to buy one.

I'll never get rid of my land line. I rarely use the cordless phone I have (only one handset - no answering machine built in). I do have two old fashioned corded phones plugged into the wall though. More reliable in case of an emergency than a cell (911 can actually see your address via a land line) and don't have to worry about power outages as with a cordless land line phone. Plus the sound quality is infinitely better than a cell phone or cordless.

HeywoodJa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeywoodJa

I'd like to add my support to this suggestion.

Thank you,
todmacher

bluemaple

Good luck finding the user manual online.

(For details like whether it is expandable. I'd assume 3 total handsets is the max. Stupid limit that neuters the product and would not have cost more to design for at least a couple more. That means buying two of these packages to get more handsets would be a waste.)

The two post Motorola-split sites themselves are useless. ("Mobility", now Google and "Solutions", I think still independent.)

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Bit arrogant? Obviously the product is selling, and I have 2 sets, one from woot, and until the cell phone sounds as good as is reliable as the land line, I'm not giving mine up. I just got another cell phone, and still not as reliable or as clear sounding as the land line.

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

I bought this phone last week when it was on woot plus. But I waaay overpaid ($40.00 instead of today's $39.99). I demand a refund of the difference, woot!

rocket1lf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocket1lf

Does anyone know if this thing has a volume control on the handset? I don't see it in the specs.

bluemaple

rocket1lf wrote:Does anyone know if this thing has a volume control on the handset? I don't see it in the specs.

The circular dial/button in the middle says "Vol+" and "Vol-" on it.

orchmaven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orchmaven

Both this the last time around. Good phone, easy to figure out and use and at $40 it's a good deal!

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf
6567GTO wrote:I've been looking for a cordless phone that has an alarm clock to save space on the bedside night stand. Anyone know if this has one? Or can anyone recommend another set. I can't find one. It used to be a more common feature. ???? Help!

I don't know about this Motorola but a Panasonic set I bought from Woot does have an alarm on it. The specific model is KX-TG6071M but an alarm may be available on other models, as well.

And, yes, I do have a landline. And an answering machine. And I use dial-up internet access but unfortunately it does not make the fun dial-tone/modem noise.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
lichme wrote:4 Stars for the set of 2

Price is for that link:

List Price: $69.99
Price: $54.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
Deal Price:You Save: $15.00 (21%)

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.